NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2545, 2546, 2547 ... 2610, 2611, 2612  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am    Post subject:

Myles Turner is a bum.

I don't know why Myles is held as a savior on LG. Pacers fans thought more highly of Buddy.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject:

If Steph wants to win then the real answer would be for him to be asked to be traded..

But I doubt that happens. The check has come due for Golden State and a long rebuild lies ahead.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
If Steph wants to win then the real answer would be for him to be asked to be traded..

But I doubt that happens. The check has come due for Golden State and a long rebuild lies ahead.

Steph can be a unicorn. One of few to only play for one team. But yeah if he asked to be dealt he would and should get to pick the destination. But I don’t see why he would when he’s happy there and it’s his home now
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cavs owner Dan Gilbert told AP he's confident Donovan Mitchell will sign an extension with Cleveland this summer. Story upcoming.

https://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/1773398187115512222
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Myles Turner is a bum.

I don't know why Myles is held as a savior on LG. Pacers fans thought more highly of Buddy.

You can't understand the value of any desired player because you frame every player as a "not a savior," so that's on you.

No thinking brain in the NBA goes "does this guy single-handedly turn us into the best team in the NBA? No, he does not. So we don't want him."

The only time you will ever see the word "savior" used on this board (or really anywhere) is by people who don't want the player. E.g. "This guy is not the savior everyone is making him out to be." I've never seen anyone say "this guy will be our savior" about anyone. In a world of intellectually lazy strawmanning "this guy is not the savior people say he is" is King.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Myles Turner is a bum.

You can't understand the value of any desired player because you frame every player as a "not a savior," so that's on you.

No thinking brain in the NBA goes "does this guy single-handedly turn us into the best team in the NBA? No, he does not. So we don't want him."

The only time you will ever see the word "savior" used on this board (or really anywhere) is by people who don't want the player. E.g. "This guy is not the savior everyone is making him out to be." I've never seen anyone say "this guy will be our savior" about anyone. In a world of intellectually lazy strawmanning "this guy is not the savior people say he is" is King.

We would be the favorite to win this year had we traded for Buddy

Saviors
G Buddy Hield
F Jerami Grant
C Myles Turner

One player away from the best team in the NBA.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:49 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Myles Turner is a bum.

Saviors
G Buddy Hield
F Jerami Grant
C Myles Turner

DLo - point
Vando - guard opponent best wing or those speedy PG
Bron/AD - freely switch between wing/big defending
Myles - true stretch 5, defend the Embiid/Jokic
AR - super sub
Rui - super sub

I mean, it’s not a bad plan
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Cavs owner Dan Gilbert told AP he's confident Donovan Mitchell will sign an extension with Cleveland this summer. Story upcoming.

Said this a couple of weeks ago, this is it for LeBron and AD and I mean this year and there chances of capturing another title, we won’t get a 3rd star because Trae is gonna get traded to San Antonio, Mikal Bridges I could see landing with either Houston or Cleveland, this is why I have constantly preached that the Lakers need to hope AD and LeBron make a run this year or else we need to tear it down this summer
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Said this a couple of weeks ago, this is it for LeBron and AD and I mean this year and there chances of capturing another title, we won’t get a 3rd star because Trae is gonna get traded to San Antonio, Mikal Bridges I could see landing with either Houston or Cleveland, this is why I have constantly preached that the Lakers need to hope AD and LeBron make a run this year or else we need to tear it down this summer

lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Myles Turner is a bum.

Saviors
G Buddy Hield
F Jerami Grant
C Myles Turner

Adding another one way player wouldn’t make the team a favorite. Add a two way player and maybe we see some real improvement.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:53 am    Post subject:

https://x.com/klutch_23/status/1773822371826212898?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

You can go 3 star hunting all you want, the play-in merchants being 2 of them is ugly truth as to why the Lakers wouldn’t sniff a chip.

Sure, Trae will have a couple games where he lights it up but the Lakers aren’t winning a chip until they address the elephant in the room and they are too afraid to stand their ground against LeKlutch and their horrible roster building and management ideas.

Edit: An example of a rising star carrying the team on his back is Jalen Green. He won’t be available anymore though.

The 3 star model doesn’t work when your stars are inconsistent or unavailable. Look at the fraud Phoenix Suns and their set up.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Jovan Buha has turned into a crappy reporter, he threw a bunch of stuff at the trade deadline and most of them ended up being wrong, I’m 100% certain we will not get Trae, the Spurs have draft capital that the Hawks would value because they will get there picks back
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://x.com/klutch_23/status/1773822371826212898?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

You can go 3 star hunting all you want, the play-in merchants being 2 of them is ugly truth as to why the Lakers wouldn’t sniff a chip.

Sure, Trae will have a couple games where he lights it up but the Lakers aren’t winning a chip until they address the elephant in the room and they are too afraid to stand their ground against LeKlutch and their horrible roster building and management ideas.

Edit: An example of a rising star carrying the team on his back is Jalen Green. He won’t be available anymore though.

The 3 star model doesn’t work when your stars are inconsistent or unavailable. Look at the fraud Phoenix Suns and their set up.

Lebron James will sign multi year Max this off-season
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Born is old, he will break sooner than later. A long term contract? I’d
be very very cautious of that.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

And we’ll 2 way Bronnie, everyone might as well accept these scenarios
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:

If they had drafted LaMelo instead of Wiseman, they could have just kept on contending.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Born is old, he will break sooner than later. A long term contract? I’d
be very very cautious of that.

Not only that but we would have to endorse a full long 82 games of rather LeBron might sit out cause of his fatigue and injury.. once he gets into his 40’s it’s gonna get worse and worse, I’m pretty sure no one wants to deal with that headache
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject:

I think Lebron's playing timeline will be impacted by the league's timeline on expansion to Vegas. His next NBA venture will be ownership of that franchise (with some very rich partners). At this stage, he is developing capital for that deal, which also means he is going to look to get every penny he can. The idea that he could take a discount to contend is extremely unlikely.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

If they had drafted LaMelo instead of Wiseman, they could have just kept on contending.

He has been impressive sitting on the bench.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jovan Buha has turned into a crappy reporter, he threw a bunch of stuff at the trade deadline and most of them ended up being wrong, I’m 100% certain we will not get Trae, the Spurs have draft capital
that the Hawks would value because they will get there picks back

Kind a funny the timing of this report when it came out. Lakers been playing well and as soon as this report came out they played bad in that same day.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM TRAE YOUNG!!!!

Not giving up DLO/AR/Rui for him…. We need an athletic defensive guard. Not an inefficient chucker small guard. Worse defender than DLO/AR.

Last edited by miggz23 on Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I think Lebron's playing timeline will be impacted by the league's timeline on expansion to Vegas. His next NBA venture will be ownership of that franchise (with some very rich partners). At this stage, he is developing capital for that deal, which also means he is going to look to get every penny he can. The idea that he could take a discount to contend is extremely unlikely.

Lebron can be an owner in Vegas kind of like Magic is an owner in Washington. He would be a good face of the franchise.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject:

the rondo backup pg dream is over

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39860520/rajon-rondo-announces-retirement-nba-done
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39860520/rajon-rondo-announces-retirement-nba-done

Eh, players have come out of retirement in the past to play again in the NBA, so your dream isn't necessarily over.

Now if you were hoping for Pete Maravich as a backup pg, I don't think anyone has come out of the grave yet to play again.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

He has been cooked since the title year. Would love to bring him back as an AC though.
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I think if Lebon, AD, AND Magic call him, Rondo would come out of retirement for a playoffs run.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2545, 2546, 2547 ... 2610, 2611, 2612  Next
Page 2546 of 2612
Jump to: