NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2543, 2544, 2545 ... 2561, 2562, 2563  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
joeblow wrote:
governator wrote:
Whoever we sign can’t play in playoff? Then promote Castelton

We can sign anyone for the playoffs at any time up until the post season is about to begin if the player is currently a free agent. We just can't sign a player who wasn't waived by the deadline if his team now let's him go.

BTW, Castleton has a busted right wrist, so we'll see when he can suit up again.

Oh ok, guess can’t hurt to grab a Dwight or a Leonard Myers or bump up Giles but this means we have to drop Wood right? (Bad optic but oh well)

I've been a huge advocate in acquiring Myers Leonard for awhile to shore up our backup center needs. To me he sincerely apologized for his slur that got him suspended and blacklisted. However, after the attack on Israel by Hamas I don't see any team picking him up for the optics of it alone.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
None of robs free agent signing have worked
Gabe flop
Wood flop
Reddish flop
Prince overused decent
Hayes flop
Dinwiddie flop

Not totally accurate though...a flop would be someone who came in and sucked. Gabe has been hurt all season for one, so we don't know what he could have been.....Wood had decent stretches at times but then found himself on the bench and then hurt....Reddish, the same....had some potential, played decent at times, got hurt....
Prince, as much as some hate him here, he has been serviceable considering he is a relatively low paid player. He plays at both ends of the court and though he may not be perfect, he isn't a lazy player.
Hayes, I disagree totally, I think he has been great at times. I like when he is in the game.
Dinwiddie, the jury is out on him. I think he is a solid ball handler and passer but I find him very passive on the offensive end. I don't think he is washed, I just think he doesn't want to screw up this opportunity and wants to be liked here. I still think he works out....
Just my opinions here....

There is no monk or Lonnie or even a dennis in that list
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Gabe flop
Wood flop
Reddish flop
Prince overused decent
Hayes flop
Dinwiddie flop

Not totally accurate though...a flop would be someone who came in and sucked. Gabe has been hurt all season for one, so we don't know what he could have been.....Wood had decent stretches at times but then found himself on the bench and then hurt....Reddish, the same....had some potential, played decent at times, got hurt....
Prince, as much as some hate him here, he has been serviceable considering he is a relatively low paid player. He plays at both ends of the court and though he may not be perfect, he isn't a lazy player.
Hayes, I disagree totally, I think he has been great at times. I like when he is in the game.
Dinwiddie, the jury is out on him. I think he is a solid ball handler and passer but I find him very passive on the offensive end. I don't think he is washed, I just think he doesn't want to screw up this opportunity and wants to be liked here. I still think he works out....
Just my opinions here....

Then I assume Nunn wasn’t a flop either.
Wood fell out of favor with every team so signing him on team with zero leadership was dumb.

Reddish barely got any run with better coaches. Even a defensive coach. So signing him to a team with zero player leadership and a worse coach wasn’t smart.

Prince seems fine but he is an 8th man on good teams.
Hayes isn’t very good.

Dinwindle has never wanted to concede to another guard.

Pelinka doesn’t have a vision but to his defense this is the first time he has seen the reality of a healthy bron and AD.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:43 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Gabe flop
Wood flop
Reddish flop
Prince overused decent
Hayes flop
Dinwiddie flop

Fair on Gabe and Nunn. Add THT to the major flop list - while also letting Caruso go instead of giving him that money. Harrell can also be added to the flop list.

But Hayes, Cam, Wood and Dinwiddie were all minimums so I can't be too upset at those signings. .

Monk greatly outproduced but then dipped. Lonnie was great but over used to star then under used. Dennis was also more than great but I guess we also paid Danny Green and a 1st to originally get him.

It's kinda a mixed back but I think every team has misses on FA, draft picks, trades, coach hires, etc. We just seem to have a bit of each right now.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Gabe flop
Wood flop
Reddish flop
Prince overused decent
Hayes flop
Dinwiddie flop

Fair on Gabe and Nunn. Add THT to the major flop list - while also letting Caruso go instead of giving him that money. Harrell can also be added to the flop list.

But Hayes, Cam, Wood and Dinwiddie were all minimums so I can't be too upset at those signings. .

Monk greatly outproduced but then dipped. Lonnie was great but over used to star then under used. Dennis was also more than great but I guess we also paid Danny Green and a 1st to originally get him.

It's kinda a mixed back but I think every team has misses on FA, draft picks, trades, coach hires, etc. We just seem to have a bit of each right now.

We have some hits (Caruso, Monk. Schroder on VM, Dwight) but overall we have sucked around the margins. And it starts with getting nothing out of Randle/Lopez/Zubac. We have never really recovered from letting those guys go.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject:

AD/Wood/Hayes
LeBron
Rui/Vando/Prince
Reaves/Christie/Cam
DLO/Dinwiddie/Vincent

ON PAPER, with LeBron/AD on pace to play over 90% of the games, this team should be a lot better than a 9th/10th seed.

Glaring holes are obvious. Health (Wood, Vando, Vincent). A 2way 2 guard (KCP/D.Green etc) that allows Reavs to a super 6th man and a reliable big with bulk that allows the Lakers to go big when needed. Guys that dont mind doing the dirty work with limited shots.

I would prioritize Goga this off season. Will probably slip under the radar but has proven to a plus defensively and did a good job filling in for Wendall Carter.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject:

Free Agents who might slip under the radar be available for VM

Goga, Achiuwa, Theis, Biyombo, Eubanks
Hayward, Tate, Prince ( ) Covington
Burks, Josh Richardson, Gary Harris
Dinwiddie, Kris Dunn, Dennis Smith, Holiday, Delon Wright,GP2
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:43 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
AD/Wood/Hayes
LeBron
Rui/Vando/Prince
Reaves/Christie/Cam
DLO/Dinwiddie/Vincent

ON PAPER, with LeBron/AD on pace to play over 90% of the games, this team should be a lot better than a 9th/10th seed.

Glaring holes are obvious. Health (Wood, Vando, Vincent). A 2way 2 guard (KCP/D.Green etc) that allows Reavs to a super 6th man and a reliable big with bulk that allows the Lakers to go big when needed. Guys that dont mind doing the dirty work with limited shots.

I would prioritize Goga this off season. Will probably slip under the radar but has proven to a plus defensively and did a good job filling in for Wendall Carter.

LeBron doesn't contribute any more wins to the first 80% of the regular season than his salary would used on other free agent players. He wins you games when he engages, but he also doesn't contribute to his salary in
many games.
He's ramping up now in the last 20% and we're seeing more and more of his value.

Honestly, Steph / Klay / Green / Paul haven't fared better.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject:

Winning at a high level with LeBron rarely engaged on defense is extremely tough. And why I say it's important to put guys around him AD/DLO that don't mind doing the little things and playing with a lot of energy. Vando clearly helped cover a lot when we traded for him last season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
2019 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Gabe flop
Wood flop
Reddish flop
Prince overused decent
Hayes flop
Dinwiddie flop

It's kinda a mixed bag but I think every team has misses on FA, draft picks, trades, coach hires, etc. We just seem to have a bit of each right now.

We have some hits (Caruso, Monk. Schroder on VM, Dwight) but overall we have sucked around the margins. And it starts with getting nothing out of Randle/Lopez/Zubac. We have never really recovered from letting those guys go.

We won a title after losing those 3 so I don't know how it can be argued that we never recovered from that although I do agree Zubac should've never been traded and we should have kept Lopezz around. Randle was at an all times low in terms of value at that point but again, we won a title.

Where we've really cost ourselves was the firsts added to get guys then rid of those guys:

Danny Green, 1st for Dennis.
- Reports were LA liked Bane and Bane felt he had a good workout. Dennis leaves after one.

Kuzma, KCP, Trezz, 1st for Russ
- Trezz was never a great signing and essentially a waste of an MLE. KCP and Kuz should have been viewed as part of trade. The 1st we gave up could have been used to pick the wrong guy or perhaps Herb Jones who was still on the board.

Russ, 1st for Vando, D'lo, Malik
- Malik is gone and D'lo could leave if he wanted this summer. That pick is TBD.

Combine that with going in on Klutch guy after Klutch guy (Nunn, Lonnie, THT) instead of keeping Caruso and/or using money wisely - ie. not on guys who Klutch wanted to give a big stage to to help their value - would have left us in a drastically different position.

Mitch always felt a little gun shy which hurt but Rob seems (over) eager to constantly swing big.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Better hope the Lakers make a run this year cause the Spurs are gonna make a blockbuster trade this summer to bring Wemby a 2nd star, the league is gonna be his for a long time
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Better hope the Lakers make a run this year cause the Spurs are gonna make a blockbuster trade this summer to bring Wemby a 2nd star, the league is gonna be his for a long time

Just what Wemby needs. Another guy taking the ball out of his hands to stunt his growth.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Just what Wemby needs. Another guy taking the ball out of his hands to stunt his growth.

When you are as smart as someone like Wemby is .. he can adjust and make it work
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Is Denver going to be blown up next year by their smartass GM like ours? Last time I checked, we have lost to Denver 8 times in a row now. Lets worry about Denver first before worrying about any other team.

I've already accepted the Lakers would just be a middle-of-the-road playoff team every year until major changes occur in the front office. I'll just enjoy the team for what it is. Not setting any expectation for the playoffs and playin this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Is Denver going to be blown up next year by their smartass GM like ours? Last time I checked, we have lost to Denver 8 times in a row now. Lets worry about Denver first before worrying about any other team.

I've already accepted the Lakers would just be a middle-of-the-road playoff team every year until major changes occur in the front office. I'll just enjoy the team for what it is.

That’s exactly it.. all the WC teams make the conference into a blood bath, LeBron has done a good job staying relatively healthy this year and so has AD, the fact that the FO didn’t capitalize on there dominance this season is a call for the FO to be revamped so I agree with you
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

When you are as smart as someone like Wemby is .. he can adjust and make it work

Vassell is already doing that right now. Now imagine adding another star next to them. Not someone who actually need the ball more.

Spurs better off letting Wemby develop on his own kind of like Lebron did... Then surround him with talent when he gets more comfortable being an alpha.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I've already accepted the Lakers would just be a middle-of-the-road playoff team every year until major changes occur in the front office. I'll just enjoy the team for what it is. Not setting any expectation for the playoffs and playin this year.

Denver is working on a completely different timeline... They could afford to wait and develop the team.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Vassell is already doing that right now. Now imagine adding another star next to them. Not someone who actually need the ball more.

Spurs better off letting Wemby develop on his own kind of like Lebron did... Then surround him with talent when he gets more comfortable being an alpha.

Vassell is okay as a playmaker but a better one would unlock so much more with Wemby. They should absolutely prioritize acquiring an all-star playmaker. This is the one team where Trae Young might actually add wins.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers are still trying to win next season with LeBron and AD, I think the best possible thing they can do is have a complete roster re-do around LeBron, AD, and D'Lo.

The Lakers have to have more 2 way players.

While talented, the other high-level players have weaknesses that detract too much from what they bring to the table. AR's defense, Rui's defense, and Vando's offense make the Lakers have to trade between offense and defense too much.

I would even put D'Lo in that category, but he's been mostly REALLY good on offense. Plus, his contract situation makes him difficult to trade in the off-season.

Do that, actually hit on their fringe roster moves like they did in 2020, and they'll improve a lot from this season.

Will it actually get the Lakers to the top of the league? Probably not. I think AD and LeBron require someone closer to a 3rd star at this point as well.

But, the Lakers have too many needs to put all their eggs into that basket.

Not hitting on their smaller talent acquisitions has low-key been the Lakers biggest problem since the 2020 championship. That team was FILLED with those players. The Lakers have been lucky to have a few of those guys since, with the Lakers having none of those guys this season.

Hitting on those guys would've enabled the Lakers to spend assets on bigger acquisitions.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
If the Lakers are still trying to win next season with LeBron and AD, I think the best possible thing they can do is have a complete roster re-do around LeBron, AD, and D'Lo.

The Lakers have to have more 2 way players.

While talented, the other high-level players have weaknesses that detract too much from what they bring to the table. AR's defense, Rui's defense, and Vando's offense make the Lakers have to trade between offense and defense too much.

I would even put D'Lo in that category, but he's been mostly REALLY good on offense. Plus, his contract situation makes him difficult to trade in the off-season.

Do that, actually hit on their fringe roster moves like they did in 2020, and they'll improve a lot from this season.

Will it actually get the Lakers to the top of the league? Probably not. I think AD and LeBron require someone closer to a 3rd star at this point as well.

But, the Lakers have too many needs to put all their eggs into that basket.

Not hitting on their smaller talent acquisitions has low-key been the Lakers biggest problem since the 2020 championship. That team was FILLED with those players. The Lakers have been lucky to have a few of those guys since, with the Lakers having none of those guys this season.

Hitting on those guys would've enabled the Lakers to spend assets on bigger acquisitions.

Or maybe they can give it one last try and follow the 2020 and 2021 blue print?

1.) Move AD to PF
2.) Lebron to PG
3.) Sign a bruiser big
4.) Sign a couple point of attack guard defenders

I would love to keep Rui/Vando/Christie... I think Rui still has some upside left compare to guys like AR and DLO.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Hartenstein or Valancuinas should be our 2 C targets this summer
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Been saying this almost all season long
https://x.com/trevor_lane/status/1771575461727936906?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA

Key in the offseason is upgrading one of the guard position, and then signing another big who can play next to AD.

Ideal would be upgrade the SG spot, then move AR off the bench as a 6th man. But you might have to deal one of those guys if they are looking for a star or major upgrade.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Stein will be about 26 and has been playing good ball. I doubt the Knicks
let him go but worth a try.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Been saying this almost all season long
https://x.com/trevor_lane/status/1771575461727936906?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA

Key in the offseason is upgrading one of the guard position, and then signing another big who can play next to AD.

Ideal would be upgrade the SG spot, then move AR off the bench as a 6th man. But you might have to deal one of those guys if they are looking for a star or major upgrade.

I like what Dinwiddle brings off the bench at the right price. I don’t know who we can get as a starter at SG but, we he’d have to be good at both ends, uff; not an easy find.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Stein will be about 26 and has been playing good ball. I doubt the Knicks
let him go but worth a try.

It’s gonna depend rather they like Mitchell Robinson enough to start him at C once he regains his form, I’m jealous how the Knicks seem to be loaded at every position on there roster btw
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2543, 2544, 2545 ... 2561, 2562, 2563  Next
Page 2544 of 2563
Jump to: