NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
He's only 21 and has tons of talent, on a reasonable contract. We wouldn't need to add a pick. He is an asset not a liability

It's a toxic contract. If he doesn't break out this year, he will opt in, and someone has to pay $11M for vet min level production. If he breaks out, then he opts out. This contract was yet another favor to Rich Paul.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
defense wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

My argument is based on the current market value of his potential not production: there will still be a market for a guy with THT's talent level. Now I could be wrong but because his ceiling is pretty high, I think another team will make a bet on him at 22 years old for 11m even if he doesnt improve that much this season.

I'm not sure there is that much enthusiasm around the league for THT.

He is overpaid for what he produces. He isn't on a cheap rookie contract.

He still can't shoot, and he didn't show any improvement last year.

The Lakers are deficient in talent, and yet no one thinks THT has a chance of starting for us.

If he was a free agent this season, I don't think any team would spend the MLE on him.

Players like THT don't grow on trees. Autin Reaves is a young good prospect and THT is 3 years younger than him

Again, I don't know that GMs share your enthusiasm for THT. I just see a second round pick, who's on a bigger contract than he deserves, that hasn't really shown much to date.

He's living on hopes and dreams

Okay, bet:

I wager he puts together his best season yet and makes a real step forward in 2023

We all hope so, because he has not been very good so far.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Regarding Charlotte, it's true that Bridges changed their entire calculus around dumping money. But I'm wondering if there's another side to that coin, which is that Bridges is likely going to be barred from the league and Charlotte is going to lose a young star-ish player for basically nothing. Maybe that actually does incentivize them to tank to pair LaMelo with someone.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Regarding Charlotte, it's true that Bridges changed their entire calculus around dumping money. But I'm wondering if there's another side to that coin, which is that Bridges is likely going to be barred from the league and Charlotte is going to lose a young star-ish player for basically nothing. Maybe that actually does incentivize them to tank to pair LaMelo with someone.

I don't know abut the Hornets...but Wembaya is definitely worth tanking an entire season...it's not even debatable....If a team sucks right now....it's worth going full tank for this kid. Maybe that's the team that ends up with Russ.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
levon wrote:

I don't know abut the Hornets...but Wembaya is definitely worth tanking an entire season...it's not even debatable....If a team sucks right now....it's worth going full tank for this kid. Maybe that's the team that ends up with Russ.

Westbrook is good enough to pile up wins in the regular season by himself, Hornets would need to buy out Westbrook if there all in on Wembaya
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

his name is Wembanyama by the way

is this like Giannis Atekoopo?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

what r u saying
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
levon wrote:

Westbrook is good enough to pile up wins in the regular season by himself, Hornets would need to buy out Westbrook if there all in on Wembaya

You know it's funny you say that...because it's true....18, 7 and 7.....Russ can help certain teams....the problem here is Russ and Bron are horrific together. They both need the ball....neither one is really a good shooter although Bron is much better. But they're way to similar and they both play their best when they have shooters around them...but together they're god awful. Russ, like you said on the right team can help get W's.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
levon wrote:

what r u saying

people referring to him as Wembaya
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
levon wrote:

You know it's funny you say that...because it's true....18, 7 and 7.....Russ can help certain teams....the problem here is Russ and Bron are horrific together. They both need the ball....neither one is really a good shooter although Bron is much better. But they're way to similar and they both play their best when they have shooters around them...but together they're god awful. Russ, like you said on the right team can help get W's.

That’s 100% true, Westbrook is a talented player but granted a knucklehead as well but if the Hornets are sending us guys like Rozier and Washington he will have the full focal point offense on him along with LaMelo.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
governator wrote:
levon wrote:

what r u saying

ok
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Buddy Hield feels massively overrated at this point. Not saying I wouldn't want him on the team, but I don't think I would give an unprotected 1st for him. 1 first for both Buddy/Turner is more in line with what I would do. Add a 2nd rounder or two.

It also might be key if we could keep one of the first rounders. Since Hield + THT add up to enough salary for Kyrie or another high salary guy. If Kyrie did become available near the trade deadline.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Buddy Hield feels massively overrated at this point. Not saying I wouldn't want him on the team, but I don't think I would give an unprotected 1st for him. 1 first for both Buddy/Turner is more in line with what I would do. Add a 2nd rounder or two.

It also might be key if we could keep one of the first rounders. Since Hield + THT add up to enough salary for Kyrie or another high salary guy. If Kyrie did become available near the trade deadline.

Lakers can maybe keep the picks and send Reaves, he grew up in the south and will be playing close to home.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
levon wrote:
governator wrote:
levon wrote:

what r u saying

ok

🫡
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
governator wrote:
levon wrote:
governator wrote:
levon wrote:

what r u saying

ok

🫡

Replacement utf8 character
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

No one is offering a first round pick for Buddy Hield or Myles Turner.

Although, there is a twitter rumor of Nikola Vucevic, Coby White, and a first round pick
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject:

If the Spurs are open for business, Jakob Poeltl and Josh Richardson would be good targets in a potential trade, although not sure if we we would want Poeltl since we have 2 playable bigs.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Jakob Poeltl owned us last season
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

I think everyone agrees with that for the most part. It's just that it will probably cost you another FRP to convince someone to take on Russ.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You do know that the Pels have a swap option for 2023? So tanking only helps the Pels.

With LBJ's extension and THT, we are nowhere near being able to max out Kyrie either.

damn didn't knew the 2023 pick had protections against us, we can make trades to get THT off the books pretty easy tho

Not really. If THT has another bad year, you may have to add draft picks to unload him.

He's only 21 and has tons of talent, on a reasonable contract. We wouldn't need to add a pick. He is an asset not a liability

If he opts in it's because he or his agent will have realized that he's more liability than asset.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Jakob Poeltl owned us last season

Actually when you think about the fact that there is a good chance AD and Thomas Bryant can go down at any point with a significant injury during the season, Poeltl would a very nice insurance, so yeah it all depends rather the Spurs value WB’s expiring contract and aren’t gonna let bitterness get in the way.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
McMenamin on LeBron signing his extension:

- Lakers were waiting for LeBron to extend to be willing to trade their picks

- Bron knows Lakers might wait until the deadline to make a big move, he's fine with that.

-LeBron still believes once he's in the playoffs, he has a shot
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

- Bron knows Lakers might wait until the deadline to make a big move, he's fine with that.

These wordings make no sense, LeBron pushed for Irving upon signing the extension yesterday.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Seems pretty clear by now that the chances of Westbrook getting traded since yesterday has increased by a couple of notches, even if you don’t get a Irving, the Lakers willing to part with there picks all but signals that there ready to move on from Westbrook.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

We know where coasting during the regular season will get them (giving a lotto pick to the Pels), so it sounds like the plan would be to go all out during the regular season (with or without Russ) just to squeak in and play a contender in the first round? It sounds like a prayer but maybe they've decided that's their best shot. When you think about it, outside of securing a top 2 seed, you're probably playing a title contender in the first round in the West. In a perfect world, you catch an opponent before they've gotten into their playoff groove and then have the benefit of inheriting their draw.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next
Page 189 of 2558
Jump to: