NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 2552, 2553, 2554  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James' decision to re-sign with the #Lakers was not without complications.

Sources tell @jovanbuha James has been privately adamant that the Lakers still need to improve the current roster – and need to trade for Kyrie Irving.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1560090548303810561?t=do4L1D8IRaxil6CxpJq-UQ&s=19

According to reports….Pelinka promised he would do every thing within his power to improve the roster. Time to put up…..all we need is a disgruntled LeBron…..I don’t think he would’ve signed if they couldn’t improve the roster.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
The Nets wouldn’t take two first rounders for Kyrie? That’s crazy given their situation. I guess they are fine letting him walk for nothing.

If they trade Durant then sure they probably would. If they’re not trading Durant it makes no sense for them. Hence, the limbo. As of right now, Brooklyn is trying to compete for the championship this season with KD and Irving.

Also I take the not interested part as taking Westbrook.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James' decision to re-sign with the #Lakers was not without complications.

Sources tell @jovanbuha James has been privately adamant that the Lakers still need to improve the current roster – and need to trade for Kyrie Irving.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/status/1560090548303810561?t=do4L1D8IRaxil6CxpJq-UQ&s=19

According to reports….Pelinka promised he would do every thing within his power to improve the roster. Time to put up…..all we need is a disgruntled LeBron…..I don’t think he would’ve signed if they couldn’t improve the roster.

Yep
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Nets wouldn’t take two first rounders for Kyrie? That’s crazy given their situation. I guess they are fine letting him walk for nothing.

If they trade Durant then sure they probably would. If they’re not trading Durant it makes no sense for them. Hence, the limbo. As of right now, Brooklyn is trying to compete for the championship this season with KD and Irving.

Yeah this is pretty much my position. If they don't trade Durant, then it's worth the distinct possibility that Kyrie could walk after the season, because keeping him for this year gives you your best shot, and a legit shot imo, at a championship. As I've said about the Lakers, you're either trying or you're not, which is why I have said the worst thing we can do is keep the status quo with Westbrook. If you aren't moving him and thus punting this season, blow it up. So sure, if KD doesn't move, you keep Kyrie and take your shot. Makes logical sense to me. However, if they do trade KD, at that point it would be illogical to not move Kyrie, not when you aren't a contender anymore and when you're highly likely to lose him anyway.

By the way, the NBA clearly hedged with the schedule, giving the Nets 13 nationally-televised games, when the top teams are getting about double that. (The Warriors have 28, the Lakers and Celtics each have 26, etc.) If there were no KD trade request, I'm sure that the Nets would have received an allotment similar to the Lakers and Celtics.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

They are trying to win the East. And I’m not so sure that Kyrie will leave.

The Nets are trying to convince KD to want to stay. Trading Kyrie would be a giant F - U to KD and destroy any chance he changes his stance.

Not so sure Kyrie will leave? We've seen holdouts but would this be out first hold in? He just would refuse to leave the facility? Chain himself to the basket? Hide in a locker?

Jokes aside, as long as KD is a Net, so will be Kyrie. Root for a KD trade if you want Ky.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Just curious.... If the Nets lose both KD and Kyrie... will they have anyone on the roster to market to the fans?
Nets fans will hopefully accept Westbrooks Heart and Hustle Yo.. if not.. he might ask for a buyout
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Just curious.... If the Nets lose both KD and Kyrie... will they have anyone on the roster to market to the fans?
Nets fans will hopefully accept Westbrooks Heart and Hustle Yo.. if not.. he might ask for a buyout

Are you kidding? I'm going to watch every game featuring Ben Simmons and Russell Westbrook as the starting backcourt of the Brooklyn Nets.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject:

If the Nets ever trade Durant, I am sure they'll get back a player they can market.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:08 pm    Post subject:

They will buyout brick and build around Simmons/j brown or someone that type who they get in return for kd
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Emplay mentioned Terry Rozier and Julius Randle as possible trade targets but it’s not known rather the Lakers would want to take on there salary
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I would have done that Hornets Hayward+Roziar+ either Oubre or PJ Washington for Westbrook deal in a millisecond.

Don’t give a (bleep) about the longer contracts on a win now time.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I would have done that Hornets Hayward+Roziar+ either Oubre or PJ Washington for Westbrook deal in a millisecond.

If the Lakers want Rozier or Randle but are hesitant to take on there long term salary, LeBron committing to the Organization will perhaps soften that stance and maybe now they wouldn’t mind taking on long term salary if the Irving deal falls apart.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Bron’s extension pretty much caps our projected cap space at a little over 20m next summer.

That has me speculating that a trade might be in our cards this year.

We simply do not have the cap space next summer to add any significant piece next to Bron/AD via free agency. So it would have to be via bird rights aka a trade this year for a player that is willing to take on a short term maxed out deal.

Are Ky/Myles willing to take 2yr deals that expire in 2025, when both Bron/AD are also off the books and we have a clean cap sheet with a projected 75B TV deal possibly creating a ~200m salary cap?

This would also explain our fetish for Buddy who would also expire a year before that 2025 summer.

#2025MaxCapPlan
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject:

If the salary cap does indeed jump that much in 2025, it would be very strategic for many players sign deals that conveniently expire that summer. Tatum, Donovan, Murray, Ingram, Anunoby, Lonzo, and Caruso are all UFAs that summer.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Everyone knows why they plan to have cap space in 2023.

For what though? Based on the current projections, it would be to strip the team to sign maybe a really good role player and then maybe a rotation piece with the room exception. That's the master plan?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Let's say we do the Buddy/Turner deal but then flip Turner for PJ + Oubre. I've identified Toronto, Utah, and Charlotte as teams lacking a starting center but Utah's wings are flawed (Bogs) and Toronto's either out of reach (OG, Barnes) or undersized (Trent Jr).

From a size and skillset standpoint, Oubre and PJ could close with Lebron, AD, and Buddy but the concern would be lack of playoff experience, secondary playmaking, and streaky shooting. Not sure if the Hornets would have any interest though.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Same. They can always be traded later if need be.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

gng930 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Let's say we do the Buddy/Turner deal but then flip Turner for PJ + Oubre. I've identified Toronto, Utah, and Charlotte as teams lacking a starting center but Utah's wings are flawed (Bogs) and Toronto's either out of reach (OG, Barnes) or undersized (Trent Jr).

From a size and skillset standpoint, Oubre and PJ could close with Lebron, AD, and Buddy but the concern would be lack of playoff experience, secondary playmaking, and streaky shooting. Not sure if the Hornets would have any interest though.

Oubre sucks. PJ is okay.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

gng930 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Oubre sucks. PJ is okay.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:13 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Lebron's won 4 championships so I don't think winning another one would be that important to him. What's important to him is furthering his brand and he would only get that in LA. Why Lebron signed with the Lakers in the first place is why he signed the extension. It's all business.

Lebron is smart. He knows if the Lakers could improve their roster or not based on the current assets that they have and I'm sure he understands that the Lakers cannot improve significantly due to a lack of desired assets.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Everyone knows why they plan to have cap space in 2023.

For what though? Based on the current projections, it would be to strip the team to sign maybe a really good role player and then maybe a rotation piece with the room exception. That's the master plan?

Repeater tax.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:40 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

Are you kidding? I'm going to watch every game featuring Ben Simmons and Russell Westbrook as the starting backcourt of the Brooklyn Nets.

Russell has been paired with defense-only non-shooters for much of his career. Thabo Sefolosha and Andre Robinson. Ben Simmons fits that mold.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:00 am    Post subject:

We really should have parted with Klutch clients when we had the chance. We will be awful for the next couple of years.

One thing about me, although I disagree with our strategy of extending an aging overdemanding superstar, I am not running to another team. We shall endure to the end of this retirement tour and return to prominence in 2025-26.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:07 am    Post subject:

Nets fans are talking about Kyrie trades after the Woj tweet.

Nets fans

This is exactly what I was suspecting with LeBron extending another year. Now the price of two #1's makes a lot more sense for them if they can get Kyrie for WB.

What do the Nets get in the end though, and does it mean losing another player to make salaries match?

I see another problem in that those picks are such a long ways down the road that they're hard to predict. LA being LA, they could wind up signing some decent FA's, fielding average teams in '27 & '29, and now those picks are just average. Still better than losing Irving for nothing, but it would be nice if they could possibly be swapped with a 3rd team that has a surplus of upcoming picks. Maybe OKC?

Does that make sense?

Now I'm not understanding Marks here. Woj just said LA willing to give up 2 unprotected 1st rounders. I know we don't know insider stuff, Woj does though. How in the bleep Marks not pulling this trade right now. Kyrie is a damn cancer who started all this bs, thinking he won't sabotage this season is moronic. WTF is going on

NOP will play hardball, at the end of the day they right to protect their interests. JB and whatever on the table right now. Not the best option but at least it'll put some stability and excitement back.

Like some mentioned it's hard to get up and cheer for this team right now. This is not healthy at all. Pull the damn plug and call it a day. JB, Grant, Baynes and Bledsoe will put us right there into contention with bunch of assets we can play on. This FO starting to lose me and some other casual fans I talk to daily.

Kyrie is in a contract year: he wants a max extension; Nets are not trading him because they know he will perform well. If they up his value and they go no where, the asking price sky rockets, or they can just win it all and it bites the Lakers in the ass. KD/Kai have learned the hard way not to mess with Marks.

Nets are prioritizing players not picks and those 2 picks are coming with Westbrook attached. No thanks.

Now if KD gets traded, then I can see the Nets trying a 3 team deal of some kind where Westbrook gets dumped elsewhere.

Far better plan to hold both until a great KD offer comes in.

Russ will be owned less than 20m in real money around trade deadline. His salary still will count as 40+m. There are teams that will go in salary dump mode. Always the case. Let that team pay Det or San An.

I'm to greedy I'm not sharing them lotto picks with anyone. 2027-29 around the corner, most don't even realize how fast time goes by.

Both of them have to go before training camp. Starting season with toxic environment will be disaster. These player stans plus media will damage Mark/Tsai rep big time. Thinking casual fan won't take a note is a mistake. Will hurt them in a long run, that's without taking player agents into consideration.

Russ is expiring contract. This is an asset itself. Thing is, LA in a win now mode which puts them in defeated situation. Won't be case here in BK, by trade deadline San An or Det will have to make up some salary. They can eat Russ contract with no long term damage.

Who are you trading with Kyrie to make the salary work? Curry, Harris? It's best to wait to see how the KD situation pans out, because if he stays, you want Kyrie, and if KD is traded, you may be able to combine the trades and not need to send out additional salary.

To get them picks to be unprotected, I'll send them Seth there. He won't be coming back next year anyway.

I'm not sure who mentioned it and where but, guy said you still have to build nucleus or get star player ( franchise if possible ) through draft. All teams have to do that sooner or later. Now let's see why previously Nets where unsuccessful before anyone will jump here :
    1. Nets where all about moving to BK. Ratner knew he won't be making decisions, Prok wanted to be that bridge owner who will resell. We finally got an owner who is willing to be one for long term, that's why acquiring high picks is essential.
    2. From what we've learned through this decade is a)-> this stars that available never franchise players b)-> they need attractive location, teammates and coach who will keep them in check.

This picks will be high lotto picks written all over it. LBJ is washed, AD is brittle as it gets and Kyrie is Kyrie. Add the fact they got incompetent ownership in Buss and Pelinka, yes that is dumpster fire.

We can blame Marks for a lot of short comings, what we all agree on is that he can find gems. I really want to see what he can do with high lotto picks. We not giving ourselves any favors here if we not trying it right now. I mean look, we giving up headcase in Kyrie who is definition of culture killer. Can't lose at all.

Brooklyn is a hot mess.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:04 am    Post subject:

Our first 20 games seem pretty brutal.

We need to get this Russ situation fixed, but sadly it's dependent on what the Nets (and even Jazz) may do/not do.

So there's a chance we waste a pivotal training camp trying to fit Russ's square peg into the circle, and then he's likely traded by the trade deadline and then we have to do it all over again.

If we come out the gates poorly in the first 20 games, that could be it in a competitive West. Can't afford to throw away games early in the year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 2552, 2553, 2554  Next
Page 184 of 2554
Jump to: