NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 2549, 2550, 2551  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Can’t believe it will likely take 3 FRPs to trade for and un do the Russ trade. Horrific.

3FRPs+Kuz+Caruso+KCP might start convo for KD lol
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Mike Jurecki wrote:

Hearing KD landed in Phoenix around 7ish PM has a driver who also is a provides his security: Technically, he can’t meet with the Suns without permission which doesn’t preclude him from talking to Suns players.
Aug 12, 2022ReplyRetweetFavorite

ARE WE ALLOWE TO POST TWEETS OR WILL WE GET SUED FOR THAT TOO?

All this falls under a legal principle called "fair use."

You can post a limited amount of copyrighted material to comment on it.

In the case of a tweet, it is generally so short than it is OK to post.

You can't, however, post the entirety of a 2000 word article.

It's not just about the risk of being sued. It's also about respecting the rights of others. You might not think that reposting a 2000-word article without permission is stealing, but it is.

Whatever you say .

I get it: You don't give a crap.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I’m getting more and more intrigued with getting Kuzma back.. LeBron was at the game he dropped 69.. so there might still be connection between the 2 maybe the Wizards are 1 of the teams we have talked to about a possibly Westbrook deal, we would get Pork and Kuzma in exchange for Westbrook / THT and picks in the hypothetical scenario.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m getting more and more intrigued with getting Kuzma back.. LeBron was at the game he dropped 69.. so there might still be connection between the 2 maybe the Wizards are 1 of the teams we have talked to about a possibly Westbrook deal, we would get Pork and Kuzma in exchange for Westbrook / THT and picks in the hypothetical scenario.

After signing Beal to the big extension and trading for Barton, I doubt the Wizards are looking to trade their starters for picks and projects. They are looking for guys to help them compete now. Westbrook, THT, and distant future picks are probably the last thing they'd want.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Can’t believe it will likely take 3 FRPs to trade for and un do the Russ trade. Horrific.

There was a point where I thought it would be funny to have a poll about which move was worse, MozDeng or Russ. Now it seems almost comical to question. Considering the impact on LeBron's career, it killing a potential contender, the tax, and what it might cost to move off of him, it's the Russ move by a landslide.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There was a point where I thought it would be funny to have a poll about which move was worse, MozDeng or Russ. Now it seems almost comical to question. Considering the impact on LeBron's career, it killing a potential contender, the tax, and what it might cost to move off of him, it's the Russ move by a landslide.

Westbrook is worse.

It slammed shut the title window. We gave THEM a FRP. It cost us a championship defense. It’ll cost another 2 FRPs to get out of it.

Mozgov and Deng were signed when we were bottom dwellers. They contributed nothing, but the damage was negligible. It was going to be a bad team whether we signed them or not. We were getting turned down left and right for FAs and it wasn’t because of them. We stretched Deng into a fairly harmless number. Mozgov cost us DLo but we got back Lopez and the pick that became Kuzma.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

The team wasn’t looking at competing for the title with Mozgov and Deng, they were hoping to compete for the playoffs. There were many bad contracts handed out that offseason with the increase in cap. Now we gave up good role players and a FRP for a player that no other team wants. It is my assumption that hanging onto the FRPs is a Buss thing and I can applaud them for not compounding Pelinka’s mistake.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

After signing Beal to the big extension and trading for Barton, I doubt the Wizards are looking to trade their starters for picks and projects. They are looking for guys to help them compete now. Westbrook, THT, and distant future picks are probably the last thing they'd want.

Do you think they have the assets to land Mitchell?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The team wasn’t looking at competing for the title with Mozgov and Deng, they were hoping to compete for the playoffs. There were many bad contracts handed out that offseason with the increase in cap. Now we gave up good role players and a FRP for a player that no other team wants. It is my assumption that hanging onto the FRPs is a Buss thing and I can applaud them for not compounding Pelinka’s mistake.

lol mozgov and deng were the top 2 worst contracts given out
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Leave it to the Lakers to outdo themselves. At least the Moz/Deng signings didn't affect our chances of winning a championship since we had none at the time. The Brick trade carried extra ramification because it actually affected our chances of winning possibly multiple championships. Considering how hard it is to win a championships nowaday, squandering two legit chances is unthinkable.

It would be hard to top the Brick trade but with Jeanie at the helm, I've learned to expect the unexpected.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The Wizards have a ton of FRPs stockpiled. If they wanted to part with enough of them, I think they could put together as good an offer as anyone.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

If we could trade Brick for Kyrie and won the championship this year, I would just forget that the Brick trade actually happened at all. Honest. All would be forgiven and forgotten.

Why I want Kyrie?

1. Kyrie didn't play much last year but the games that he did play in, he still showed flashes of championship Kyrie.

2. It's his contract year so he will be extra motivated to perform.

3. Well rested. We've won a championship with Howard coming back from a year of not even playing. Kyrie is coming off a year where he barely played any games. He will be very well rested and energetic.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The Wizards have a ton of FRPs stockpiled. If they wanted to part with enough of them, I think they could put together as good an offer as anyone.

Interesting, I didn’t know they had a lot of 1st round picks to spare, I wonder why they aren’t mentioned more in the KD trade circles, Mitchell would a badass pick up by them btw.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Durant is from the DC area. I wouldn't be surprised if they made an offer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Kevin Durant is from the DC area. I wouldn't be surprised if they made an offer.

I figured I had something in the back of my mind that made me think why the Wizards aren’t mentioned more, Wizards would give them a great haul.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They might be looking at as the fans loved WB and him and Beal actually played well together. But the biggest reason is that expiring contract that can be used to seek out a running mate for Beal. In the meantime DC might feel good enough with WB as a starter next to Beal.

Does Porzingis and Kuz work into the long term plans?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They might be looking at as the fans loved WB and him and Beal actually played well together. But the biggest reason is that expiring contract that can be used to seek out a running mate for Beal. In the meantime DC might feel good enough with WB as a starter next to Beal.

Does Porzingis and Kuz work into the long term plans?

I don't get the impression that the Wizards are just looking to dump Porz. He might be a little overpaid, but he's still a 7-3 PF who put up 20-8 for them. Kuz had a solid season too.

We'll see what happens, but I'd be surprised if they are looking to give up those guys for Westbrook and picks.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/bronupdates/status/1557951983910256640?s=21&t=ymu37F5Ez_6crKPbQ16gsQ

Bron sure looks physically ready for this year….it’s unacceptable and a fricken shame if Rob can’t trade Russ and we waste another year. It’s even more depressing that they have reportedly offered the 2 FRPS and we’re still here.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:42 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
It’s even more depressing that they have reportedly offered the 2 FRPS and we’re still here.

I hadn't heard that. If it's true, I'm not really surprised, though.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

lol mozgov and deng were the top 2 worst contracts given out

I think the comparison was the assets wasted to acquire and get rid of them.

Mozgov cost us Russell.
Deng cap space.
Russ 1 FRP, Kuz, KCP and more to come.

Last edited by pjiddy on Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I figured I had something in the back of my mind that made me think why the Wizards aren’t mentioned more, Wizards would give them a great haul.

First, Brooklyn. Now his destinations are the Celtics & 76ers. KD really wants to stay in the East Coast to be near home in DC/ Maryland
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Pelinka should be unemployed.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Any other industry this would be a fireable offense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Stanley Johnson has been working on his wing three pointer, from what I recall in his thread. Guards shoot from the wings. Forwards shoot from the corners. I think Stanley has an opportunity to start at shooting guard.

Russell played the bulk of his career with Thabo Sefelosha and Andre Robinson at shooting guard. Stanley can play that role.

Right now, I assume Westbrook, Lebron and AD will start, along with either Jones or Bryant at center.

The starting 2 spot looks wide open. I could see it going to Johnson, Walker, or Reaves.

Nunn, Reaves, Walker, or Brown Jr seem to all be in the mix there. Johnson is the backup 4.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
https://twitter.com/bronupdates/status/1557951983910256640?s=21&t=ymu37F5Ez_6crKPbQ16gsQ

Bron sure looks physically ready for this year….it’s unacceptable and a fricken shame if Rob can’t trade Russ and we waste another year. It’s even more depressing that they have reportedly offered the 2 FRPS and we’re still here.

I think it’s a forgone conclusion that Westbrook gets traded, Woike’s piece suggests that the Lakers bringing back Westbrook isn’t a option and that they will find a way to get something for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 2549, 2550, 2551  Next
Page 164 of 2551
Jump to: