NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

No Irving deal will happen until the Durant situation gets resolved and that is if it even gets resolved because Irving is the kind of dude who would love to be the main scoring option with the Nets proving to everyone he can lead a team as the #1 scoring option, no one knows what’s going on right now so just wait and see what develops, if the Irving deal doesn’t happen I’m 100% positive that there is a 2nd deal on the table waiting for us to pull the trigger.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Winfield of the NYDN:

Quote:
Elsewhere, there doesn’t appear to be much traction on a Durant deal, though the Los Angeles Lakers are now reportedly willing to include both 2027 and 2029 first-round draft picks in a deal for Kyrie Irving. Earlier in the offseason, the Nets were unwilling to take back Russell Westbrook in any Irving deal. It is unclear if their stance remains unchanged or could change depending on what is received in a potential Durant deal.

Dave Winfield was a hell of a baseball player, including his time with the NY Yankees, but this guys doesn’t know sh**t about the Lakers.
Another hack.
Move on…

It's not Dave Winfield. It's Kristian Winfield. Nets reporter for NY Daily News.

Lol, I almost thought you took me serious.
I know it’s not Dave Winfield.
Still a no one whose going to break any kind of news.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
32 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Winfield of the NYDN:

Quote:
Elsewhere, there doesn’t appear to be much traction on a Durant deal, though the Los Angeles Lakers are now reportedly willing to include both 2027 and 2029 first-round draft picks in a deal for Kyrie Irving. Earlier in the offseason, the Nets were unwilling to take back Russell Westbrook in any Irving deal. It is unclear if their stance remains unchanged or could change depending on what is received in a potential Durant deal.

Dave Winfield was a hell of a baseball player, including his time with the NY Yankees, but this guys doesn’t know sh**t about the Lakers.
Another hack.
Move on…

It's not Dave Winfield. It's Kristian Winfield. Nets reporter for NY Daily News.

I think we are all in agreement here, these guys would be fired on the spot if they weren’t sharing info with us regardless rather it’s something we wanna hear or not.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
32 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Winfield of the NYDN:

Quote:

Another hack.
Move on…

I think we are all in agreement here, these guys would be fired on the spot if they weren’t sharing info with us regardless rather it’s something we wanna hear or not.

True.
I just hope the roster gets a little better.
Hate to think we are rolling with this squad.
I like that we are younger but not sure how much better we are.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:
Balto wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Lakers are now willing to give up 2 picks for Kyrie.

- @jovanbuha

So as some predicted, looks like the Lakers were holding out the 2nd FRP as a negotiation and now with training camp coming soon they are ready to include it.

So, I lost track. Is there supposedly a definite deal that was pending inclusion of the second pick? Russ and 2 FRP for Kyrie and (who)?

Anyone know the definite who?

My best guess for the “who” would be Curry or Harris. BK is looking to push JHarris’s 2yr remaining deal on us while we rather take on Curry’s expiring deal instead.

Since it now appears we are more willing to include our final tradeable FRP, we probably demand less guaranteed salary aka less of a tax hit this year with more flex to duck the repeater tax next year.

Haynes detailed all of this earlier in the summer on the 2nd day of the FA moratorium. So, I’m sure it’s still based along those initial talks.

FYI: a straight Ky (even with an activated 15% trade kicker) for Russ trade does not work on BK’s end. They would have to add a minimum of 700k in aggregated salary to Ky’s 36.9m deal. O’Neale is still ineligible to be aggregated along with Ky to make up that difference. He will be trade aggregation eligible on August 29th.

That being said, the “who” could involve many other names if this expands past just Bk & LA to involve a 3rd/multiple team trade.

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets are actively engaged in discussions on a trade package that would send star point guard Russell Westbrook to Brooklyn in exchange for star point guard Kyrie Irving, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

There’s palpable optimism that an agreement can be struck between the two sides this offseason, but there remain a few hurdles, sources said.

Draft compensation is an ongoing talking point for the Nets and they want shooting guard Joe Harris — who is recovering from left ankle surgery — and his remaining $38.6 million owed over the next two years included in the deal, sources said.

The Lakers have been disinclined to the inclusion of Harris, and are instead seeking the insertion of sharpshooter Seth Curry as part of the arrangement, sources said.

Curry is on an expiring $8.5 million deal.

The Nets are not expected to be rushed into a deal and will continue conversing the complex specifics with the Lakers on an Irving-Westbrook swap.

Thanks, Vasachi. Yeah, that's where I remembered it: Harris or Curry and likely the latter if a 2nd FRP is added. BK would need to add a third player, though, absent a third team, huh? I would like to see the deal expanded to include Turner to the Lakers, but I think that it would more likely be Hield to the Lakers (and Turner to BK) if the Pacers got involved.

That’s the problem….a 3rd team can’t be involved if it means the Nets get both 1st rounders. What would you give the Pacers to take on Westbrook?

If somehow we could end up with Kyrie, Curry and Turner out of it, I would give up a couple of seconds to the Pacers, and maybe add THT or Nunn to that, but I would not give up a third FRP (do we even have one to offer?). Giving up picks hurts for sure, but we are in the "moment" right now and a couple of seconds down the road don't excite me more than the prospect of a decent shot at a championship now.

Apologies for not getting to this earlier.

A few things to consider: Russ’s 47.1m deal can bring back as much as 59m in salary. So for example Russ’s deal alone can bring back Ky’s 36.9m + Myles 18m with roughly 4m to spare in bringing in additional salary. Or we can swap out Myles 18m for Buddy’s 21.2m instead. Imho sending out our ‘27 & ‘29 1sts would be well worth it in bringing in Ky/Myles. But that would be an absolute dream scenario since our assets are so limited.

If we had the draft capital, it probably coujd be possible. But unfortunately we are only allowed to trade our ‘27 & ‘29 1st rounders (Stepien rule prohibits trading any picks in consecutive years where the team is left without 1st round picks in both those years, hence picks traded every other year ie ‘27/‘29. Also picks cannot be traded outside the next 7 years, hence we’re only able to trade up till our ‘29 1st being that it’s 7 years away & we’re in the 2022/23 season. Our 2024 1st can be deferred to 2025, which means we can’t trade the 2026 1st in case NO deferred our pick to 2025 (Stepien consecutive year rule). So that only opens up the ‘27 & ‘29 picks for us to trade even though we our 2023 1st (after NO for the better one), one of either our 2024 or 2025 1st and our 2026 1st. So we have 3 1sts in the next 4 years, it’s just that we can’t trade any of them right now. But we can add an even lower swap to the 2023 pick and can offer swap rights to our 2026 & 2028 1sts. We can also include a condition where a team can either swap out for our 2024 or 2025 1st depending on which pick NO decides to keep between the two.

So as of right NOW, we can offer up to 2 unprotected FRPs and 4 swap rights till 2029.

Also, as of August 7th, MaxC’s 1m rookie min deal can now be a traded/aggregated within a package deal. That also applies to all the other rookie deals that were signed after the 2022 draft.

Also, let’s say Russ stays in BK if both KD and Ky are outbound, then they most likely keep our 2 FRPs (‘27/‘29). We can still possibly entice Indy in a 3 way for either Buddy or Myles by offering up THT and up to 4 swap rights. FYI Haliburton and THT ran together in college. Also in the case of THT for Buddy, Indy could look at it as trading a 2yr deal for a pseudo expiring if THT ejects to use his player option (PO) to opt out next summer. However if Indy is interested in keeping him, they may frown upon acquiring that PO as well.

One last thing to note, Pritchard and Rob have history…and it ain’t good. But Pritchard also traded Paul George for potential ballers in Dipo/Sabonis without demanding any FRPs from Okc. So there’s a man outside shot at getting something from Indy without giving up our current tradeable FRPs. Wound THT/MaxC + a few swap rights be enough?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure if the Irving deal becomes unlikely we will shift our focus on the Jazz deal or Knicks deal, still plenty of time to go until training camp.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Winfield of the NYDN:

Quote:

Another hack.
Move on…

I wonder if Dave is going off Buha or her own source.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Apologies for not getting to this earlier.

A few things to consider: Russ’s 47.1m deal can bring back as much as 59m in salary. So for example Russ’s deal alone can bring back Ky’s 36.9m + Myles 18m with roughly 4m to spare in bringing in additional salary. Or we can swap out Myles 18m for Buddy’s 21.2m instead. Imho sending out our ‘27 & ‘29 1sts would be well worth it in bringing in Ky/Myles. But that would be an absolute dream scenario since our assets are so limited.

If we had the draft capital, it probably coujd be possible. But unfortunately we are only allowed to trade our ‘27 & ‘29 1st rounders (Stepien rule prohibits trading any picks in consecutive years where the team is left without 1st round picks in both those years, hence picks traded every other year ie ‘27/‘29. Also picks cannot be traded outside the next 7 years, hence we’re only able to trade up till our ‘29 1st being that it’s 7 years away & we’re in the 2022/23 season. Our 2024 1st can be deferred to 2025, which means we can’t trade the 2026 1st in case NO deferred our pick to 2025 (Stepien consecutive year rule). So that only opens up the ‘27 & ‘29 picks for us to trade even though we our 2023 1st (after NO for the better one), one of either our 2024 or 2025 1st and our 2026 1st. So we have 3 1sts in the next 4 years, it’s just that we can’t trade any of them right now. But we can add an even lower swap to the 2023 pick and can offer swap rights to our 2026 & 2028 1sts. We can also include a condition where a team can either swap out for our 2024 or 2025 1st depending on which pick NO decides to keep between the two.

So as of right NOW, we can offer up to 2 unprotected FRPs and 4 swap rights till 2029.

Also, as of August 7th, MaxC’s 1m rookie min deal can now be a traded/aggregated within a package deal. That also applies to all the other rookie deals that were signed after the 2022 draft.

Also, let’s say Russ stays in BK if both KD and Ky are outbound, then they most likely keep our 2 FRPs (‘27/‘29). We can still possibly entice Indy in a 3 way for either Buddy or Myles by offering up THT and up to 4 swap rights. FYI Haliburton and THT ran together in college. Also in the case of THT for Buddy, Indy could look at it as trading a 2yr deal for a pseudo expiring if THT ejects to use his player option (PO) to opt out next summer. However if Indy is interested in keeping him, they may frown upon acquiring that PO as well.

One last thing to note, Pritchard and Rob have history…and it ain’t good. But Pritchard also traded Paul George for potential ballers in Dipo/Sabonis without demanding any FRPs from Okc. So there’s a man outside shot at getting something from Indy without giving up our current tradeable FRPs. Wound THT/MaxC + a few swap rights be enough?

If somehow KD goes to Pels, maybe we can have Pels change our AD deal a little bit aka pick the year they want the swap, maybe for a 2nd rounder from Nets or something which we would replenish back to Nets (is this allowed?) then we'd give '27&'29 FRPs for Kyrie and the newly available pick to Indy for Kyrie, Seth, Turner or if Rob is the redeemer, Kyrie, Seth, Buddy, Turner (THT/Nunn/whatever salary not named Reaves going out, but then can you have Buddy and Kyrie next yr? sounds like not enough $ to resign Kyrie), ok, nuff am rant
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject:

Well, this ain't good, Ky needs to chill, still want him tho but that 4yr max gonna be like eating leather when we offers it

Quote:
Ric Bucher: Joe Tsai has already shown he’s willing to play hardball with Kyrie by taking a max extension off the table almost immediately. Now, part of that may be Kyrie’ doing. I’m told he wanted his new contract to guarantee he wouldn’t have to play more than 60 games in a season and would not have to play any back the backs which he apparently referred to as inhumane. – via Apple Podcasts
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:42 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Winfield of the NYDN:

Quote:

Another hack.
Move on…

I wonder if Dave is going off Buha or her own source.

Mr. October is the sauce.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject:

Nets fans are only talking about Kevin Durant trades.

New Orleans scenario is interesting now that the Nets may trade Kyrie Irving with Kevin Durant to get our draft picks (e.g. 2023 pick swap and 2024 pick).
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Well, this ain't good, Ky needs to chill, still want him tho but that 4yr max gonna be like eating leather when we offers it

Quote:
Ric Bucher: Joe Tsai has already shown he’s willing to play hardball with Kyrie by taking a max extension off the table almost immediately. Now, part of that may be Kyrie’ doing. I’m told he wanted his new contract to guarantee he wouldn’t have to play more than 60 games in a season and would not have to play any back the backs which he apparently referred to as inhumane. – via Apple Podcasts

If that's actually true, we really need to move on from this guy. Bucher isn't the most reliable source, but this story doesn't sound implausible. However, this does seem to run contrary to some of the other reports, namely that the Nets wanted to put minimum game requirements on Irving.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject:

I don't know if anyone caught it but Rob was in court yesterday and testified at Vanessa's lawsuit against the LASD yesterday. Probably explains why no deal was done yesterday....hopefully today
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There’s good reason for pessimism, Durant’s ultimatum to Nets owner Joe Tsai did not light a fire under trade talks. If anything, it made it far less likely a deal gets done in the short term. — why would Boston improve its offer now? It robbed the Nets of leverage. For example, Brooklyn was trying to get Boston to put Smart in the trade, but why would they even consider it now?

That said, even without Smart (or Robert Williams III, sources told NBC Sports he is not available), a Celtics offer with Jaylen Brown may be the best one the Nets will see.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/08/10/kevin-durant-reportedly-now-sees-boston-as-desired-landing-spot/
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:42 am    Post subject:

From HoopsHype:

Quote:
Ric Bucher: I’m told that they wanted to trade Kyrie midway through this past season, and KD told them absolutely not. And they went along with it. Now, I’ve also been told while they’re still good friends, that maybe KD doesn’t value him quite the same way as a teammate. I’m not so sure about that. – via Apple Podcasts

Bucher takes a shot at Charania:

Quote:
Ric Bucher: I’ve been assured that this is correct in spite of another report that says it never happened. And that’s as far as I’ll go with that, too. I’m not going to punch down. Ben Simmons was in a group chat with some of the other teams players. And on it, they asked Ben if he was playing in game four. And not only did he not answer, he dropped out of the chat. Now, as I said, there’s another reporter out there who suggested the event never happened. I’m well aware that that reporter has, let’s say he has vested interests in painting things a certain way. And again, I will leave it at that his comments prompted me to go back and double check with my source. And that source insists that it did indeed happen, and explain why someone might report it another way. So I’m sticking with it. – via Apple Podcasts

anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:05 am    Post subject:

Boucher has broken news in years.
Maybe it’s true though.
Simmons appears to be pretty aloof.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject:

So if was a group chat. One of them are snitches lol. How else would anyone know.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Quote:

Could not be more out on this guy. Please do the smarter deal of Hield/Turner, Lakers.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Could not be more out on this guy. Please do the smarter deal of Hield/Turner, Lakers.

I am 60/40 on the Kyrie vs Hield/ Turner deals.

Kyrie, gives us a higher, immediate upside. Plus, we will also be getting another shooter back in the trade, either Harris or Curry

I have wanted Turner, more than any other player in the league, to play next to AD. I am not sure how many of you realize, just how much of a basketball fit, them 2 would be ( health permitting) Hield, would get the most open looks he has ever had.

As long as we do one of these moves, I'm good. Not none of these BS Utah or charlotte trades I keep reading about and certain fans fawning over. Those trade are boarder line trash. I really don't understand why people are so high on those trades
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I have wanted Turner, more than any other player in the league, to play next to AD.

Why?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/richstapless/status/1557738627194466305?s=21&t=Hd_2LRSiX0B0gPiHk9iqBQ
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

I see two ways to go with building around Anthony Davis.

Giannis model, Anthony at power forward and a stretch 5 (Bobby Portis).

Joker model, Anthony at center and an athletic 4 (Aaron Gordon).

As of now, we could go either way. We have the stretch 5 in Thomas Bryant. We have the athletic 4 in Lebron James.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I have wanted Turner, more than any other player in the league, to play next to AD.

Why?

One word......DEFENSE. The ability for these guys to protect the basket, switch, rebound . These 2 guys would shut the paint down. Guards would be frightened to venture down the lane, with them 2 guys back there. Remember 2020, this would be even better.

With Turners ability to step outside, that will create space for AD on offense.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject:

https://bolavip.com/en/nba/nba-news-russell-westbrook-throws-the-lakers-under-the-bus-on-twitter-20220809-0006.html

Anything that helps to get Russ our…..I still think he gets dealt and the 2 FRP go with him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
https://bolavip.com/en/nba/nba-news-russell-westbrook-throws-the-lakers-under-the-bus-on-twitter-20220809-0006.html

Anything that helps to get Russ our…..I still think he gets dealt and the 2 FRP go with him.

is that a video of Bradley Beal being the next Kobe? lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 157 of 2546
Jump to: