NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1108, 1109, 1110 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Ben is worse than westbrook on offense lol.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Chris Haynes just said cam reddish might be the only guy who will be on the Lakers post deadline 😂

Heh. I'd rather just get poetl and Josh Richardson for that FRP.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:

Bens defense dropped too
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Russ 2rp for Ben

Are you saying Ben Simmons? Huh?
We need offense…
Dude is afraid of the ball…
Crazy thought, my man

We score more points per game than just about any team in the league, but give up more points than almost any team in the league.

We need defense, not offense. With that said, I'd take Reddish over Simmons because of Ben's mental fragility alone.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Bens defense dropped too

I haven’t watched Nets games but I think there is issues going on between Simmons and the Nets, so lack of motivation might be a factor, as much flack he got in Philly he wasn’t as useless like he is now
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
The “Lakers Tax” deniers take another huge L today. Dave McMenamin has said for years that league executives have bias/envy/hatred towards the Lakers and it impacts negotiations and decision making.

Lol dying

Yes, the Nets decided against our clearly better offer because it’s more important to their GM (who could be fired soon) to uphold the Lakers to their “tax” than it is to make the deal that’s best for his team.

Are the Laker Tax guys the Qanon of Lakerland? Or is that too insulting to Qanon people?

Not wanting what kyrie wants is not a lakers tax. There may be one but I have a hard time believing teams would take worse offers just to spite the lakers.

IT'S REAL, GOING BACK TO BEFORE THE THREE-PEAT:

Quote:
But West did not deny reports that he offered Jones, Elden Campbell and a No. 1 pick to the Timberwolves for Gugliotta and former Laker guard Anthony Peeler.

Because the Lakers are over the salary cap, they could only have acquired Gugliotta, a 6-foot-10, all-purpose player who would have filled the Lakers’ void at power forward, in a sign-and-trade transaction with the Timberwolves.

“We made them an offer,” West said Saturday night. “We felt it was a very fair offer; we felt it was attractive. [But] I don’t think it appealed to them. . . .

“We were interested in making a change that would’ve been relatively major on our part. But obviously they didn’t want any part of the deal that we offered.”

When asked why Minnesota would allow Gugliotta to go to Phoenix with no compensation instead of taking a low-post center and an all-star guard, West shrugged.

“You need two to go dance, and we weren’t able to get another team to do something that might’ve been in both teams’ interests,” West said. “We did the best we could, and I can tell you it wasn’t from lack of trying.”

When Don Nelson was in the league, he was famous for blocking potential Lakers trades. In the Gugliotta situation linked above, Nelson reportedly contacted several GMs and had them call Minny and promise to "help them out" if they passed on the Lakers deal.

Yeah - I think the calculus is 1 part hate and 2 parts CYA -because if whoever they trade helps the Lakers look good, they'll look terrible (ala Pau). The shine that all players get when the don purple and gold has a downside - and that's what the tax really is. You have to be blind to not see that.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Bens defense dropped too

I haven’t watched Nets games but I think there is issues going on between Simmons and the Nets, so lack of motivation might be a factor, as much flack he got in Philly he wasn’t as useless like he is now

He's damaged goods, both physically and mentally. It would be more of a disaster for a team to take him than it would be for one to take Beal.
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Bens defense dropped too

Imagine the hate Ben would get in the bright lights of LA - Westbrook on steroids!
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Ben had a team with Embiid, Butler, Tobias, and Redick shooting and couldn't win.

He's like the new Russell Westbrook.

You give him tons of talent and he still doesn't win...

At some point you have to think something is wrong with him.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Whose minutes would Reddish be getting? Troy Brown’s?

Ham already juggling Dennis, Russ, Bev, Walker, Brown and we’re about to get Reaves back. We underplay Rui as is.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1622475075441283073?s=46&t=lP5WrdvHu7-hVoj3B6msfA

Any good info in this?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Bens defense dropped too

He's damaged goods, both physically and mentally. It would be more of a disaster for a team to take him than it would be for one to take Beal.

Perhaps. I believe Ben was/is talented, but it just seems that social media broke him more than anything, and he didn't have a mentor / father figure guiding him through it. Ten years ago, no one would have cared about his inability to hit an outside shot, because that wasn't expected of 6'10'' players. Now all of his flubs and misses are highlighted on twitter/reddit/instagram for engagement and clicks. Lots of dudes are coming into the league today with mental health problems because of this phenomenon.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

BI and Graham to LA
Dame to Pelicans
Russ and picks to Portland

I’m gonna force trade this in 2K because last game made me miss BI as a laker even more haha
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1622475075441283073?s=46&t=lP5WrdvHu7-hVoj3B6msfA

Any good info in this?

Not really.

Quote:
The Lakers will remain active on the trade market, exploring deals both small and large. In the wake of the Irving-to-Dallas news, the two teams that have repeatedly popped up as Plan B options for the Lakers are the Utah Jazz and Toronto Raptors, according to league sources. Both teams have been linked to the Lakers in recent weeks and have starter-level players who have been rumored to be available. However, talks remain preliminary and nothing is imminent. The Charlotte Hornets, San Antonio Spurs and Chicago Bulls are three other teams to watch, according to those sources.

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Any good info in this?

Not really.

Quote:
The Lakers will remain active on the trade market, exploring deals both small and large. In the wake of the Irving-to-Dallas news, the two teams that have repeatedly popped up as Plan B options for the Lakers are the Utah Jazz and Toronto Raptors, according to league sources. Both teams have been linked to the Lakers in recent weeks and have starter-level players who have been rumored to be available. However, talks remain preliminary and nothing is imminent. The Charlotte Hornets, San Antonio Spurs and Chicago Bulls are three other teams to watch, according to those sources.

Thanks Ocho!

This is gonna be a long week of rumors.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Quote:
Sending Kyrie to the city where JFK got assassinated opens up all kinds of avenues for him to do some exciting research

https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/1622326476828803072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1622326476828803072%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Yo I’m freaking dead.

Brilliant.

Naw it was pretty silly.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:28 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Whose minutes would Reddish be getting? Troy Brown’s?

Ham already juggling Dennis, Russ, Bev, Walker, Brown and we’re about to get Reaves back. We underplay Rui as is.

Ham needs to commit to the idea that Russ / Bev / Dennis can never share the floor with one another.

You then plug Reddish at the SF slot, and move T. Brown down to his natural slot of SG along with Austin and, to a lesser extent, Walker. We could still use a legit defensive center of size, someone who can gimp Jokic somewhat, and then we're good to go if healthy.

Last edited by joeblow on Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Updating tonight's NBA blockbuster trade coverage: As the Nets pursue additional deals before Thursday's 3 PM ET trade buzzer, league sources say they have not ruled out potentially moving Spencer Dinwiddie elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1622482129320812553

What the hell? Thought they traded for him because they needed a PG to win now.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Bens defense dropped too

Perhaps. I believe Ben was/is talented, but it just seems that social media broke him more than anything, and he didn't have a mentor / father figure guiding him through it. Ten years ago, no one would have cared about his inability to hit an outside shot, because that wasn't expected of 6'10'' players. Now all of his flubs and misses are highlighted on twitter/reddit/instagram for engagement and clicks. Lots of dudes are coming into the league today with mental health problems because of this phenomenon.

The version of Simmons with the 76ers before the trade demand was an extremely valuable player. He used to be one of the very best defensive players in the entire league, and while he didn't have an outside shot or a good free throw percentage, he wasn't useless offensively, particularly as a passer. Now? He hasn't been the same, mentally, since. He's more shy on offense, so the former strengths on that side of the ball that he at least once had are now diminished. He also isn't the same physically since his back injury and subsequent surgery, so his defensive impact is also diminished. On a MLE or something, he'd still be of decent value, perhaps. On his current contract? It's turned into a disaster of epic proportions.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Updating tonight's NBA blockbuster trade coverage: As the Nets pursue additional deals before Thursday's 3 PM ET trade buzzer, league sources say they have not ruled out potentially moving Spencer Dinwiddie elsewhere.

I take this to mean that they would consider flipping him, perhaps with a draft asset or assets, for a guard upgrade. I believe he can only be traded by himself, though, so they couldn't take back a max contract player. They couldn't even take back CP3 at his salary. FVV and Rozier would work, although I don't know if you could call Rozier a big upgrade. I believe that FVV would be.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Any good info in this?

Not really.

Quote:

So, this covers the teams that I've looked at for the majority of my mock trades.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

This sounds like a patented Stein "make a bold statement to try to get newsletter subscribers, but when you think about it the bold statement doesn't mean anything."

I mean, why would the Nets rule out anything at this point? If they can find a deal for Dinwiddie that improves their chances to win now, why would they not consider that?

It's not like Stein is saying the Nets are actively shopping Dinwiddie around and plan to trade him.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Gotta call up the Hornets or Raptors.

Hornets deal
- Lakers get Rozier, Hayward and Plumlee
- Hornets get Russ, Jones, and 2027 1st rd pick OR both 2027 and 2029 but both lotto protected.

Raptors deal
- Lakers get FVV and GTJ
- Raptors get Russ and 2027 and 2029 1st rd picks

For the hornets deal???? Hell no, they should be paying us picks to take on those toxic contracts

Toxic?

Hayward's contract is a great trade piece when we won't have any cap space this summer. He's a $30M expiring that will be moveable.

Plumless is expiring.

Rozier has only 2 years left at $23M and $25M (3rd year is a team option).

By your definition, Russ’s contract is a great trade piece now because it is expiring. It is the hornets that gets cap relief, not us.

We were never getting cap relief. Russ's contract at $47M is difficult to trade to begin with.

Hayward at $30M is much easier for other teams to unload a $20-25M player they don't want.

47 mil expiring =cap relief.
Taking on Hayward and Rozier and plumlee not only increases our tax this season(by 50 mil) but also for next season, and we have to pay then picks????? How does this make sense? rob is not that bad

Are you serious? Russ expiring $47M isn't getting us a max slot. Rui is around a $15M cap hold, so you have to renounce him in which case you just threw away 3 2nd rd picks for nothing.

LBJ + AD + Christie + Jones are $102M in guaranteed commitments.

Oh you have a cap hold for Austin Reaves as well.

You want to turn Russ into long term assets if you can. I know it's hard for you to understand. I know it's hard for you to comprehend that Hayward's expiring $30M next year is another way to get a long term piece.

But hey, if you like signing 10 players for $1-3M ... cool.

The only thing Hayward's 2024 expiring deal will get you next year is another unimpactful player that expires in 2025 instead. See Russ.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

This sounds like a patented Stein "make a bold statement to try to get newsletter subscribers, but when you think about it the bold statement doesn't mean anything."

I mean, why would the Nets rule out anything at this point? If they can find a deal for Dinwiddie that improves their chances to win now, why would they not consider that?

It's not like Stein is saying the Nets are actively shopping Dinwiddie around and plan to trade him.

I look at it like this. They are under the gun to keep Durant from asking out again, at least this summer. How they perform for the rest of this season and in the playoffs could go a long way towards how he feels. If you could flip, say, Dinwiddie and a 1st to Toronto for FVV, it would be like trading Kyrie for FVV and Finney-Smith, or pretty close to it. Wouldn't that be a pretty good outcome for the Nets? In any case, they still have tradeable contracts and more draft assets than they had before today. I'd absolutely expect them to try to find another deal.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Daman Rangoola
@damanr
*deep sigh* If Lakers don’t trade Russ, they have to find the right number and extend him.

Another idiot.

He’s right.

You want to extend the guy that can’t shoot and u can’t play him in the 4th quarter in a close game. Outstanding thought process.

It’s not because he’s good. You lose the salary slot if he expires. Cap space went out the window with the Rui trade. It’s not a fun option, but if no deadline deal materializes it’s the most prudent movie.

Maybe if the deal is team friendly. But do we think Russ would take a team-friendly deal knowing that he has no control over his next destination? I think he takes his ongoing delusion into free agency instead.

Last edited by gng930 on Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1108, 1109, 1110 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 1109 of 2546
Jump to: