NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 2549, 2550, 2551  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Now that dust has settled it’s honestly as simple as Tsai not wanting to give Kyrie what he wants.

When you look at the Mavs deal vs. their request of the Lakers adding Christie , Reaves and pick swaps…it’s ludicrous and insanity. Not even close in packages.

Im scratching my head at some people insisting the dallas deal still beats that. I think the clippers proposed package was also superior to the mavs package.

So weird to me
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject:

A disgruntled CP3 could def affect the Suns adversely as they try for a playoff run.

Doesn’t matter for the Lakers what Russ’s mindset is. With him on the team, they’re not going anywhere anyway.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Russ 2rp for Ben
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't be surprised if Durant is traded by the deadline.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to pivot their talks with Toronto.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Now that dust has settled it’s honestly as simple as Tsai not wanting to give Kyrie what he wants.

When you look at the Mavs deal vs. their request of the Lakers adding Christie , Reaves and pick swaps…it’s ludicrous and insanity. Not even close in packages.

Im scratching my head at some people insisting the dallas deal still beats that. I think the clippers proposed package was also superior to the mavs package.

So weird to me

I’m with you tbh. That’s why I’m thinking this is a Kyrie spite thing. Kyrie would have been happy to go to the Clippers too because LA.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Just do the deal with the Hornets where we don’t have to give up picks but take their contracts instead. We get talent to keep and won’t cost us an arm and the leg.

It’s the most logical move. Just get Oubre, Roziar, Plumlee and we’ll be fine.

Although Bev and Walker would still have to go. Gotta prevent Ham from using his precious 3 guard lineup schemes at all cost.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sending Kyrie to the city where JFK got assassinated opens up all kinds of avenues for him to do some exciting research

https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/1622326476828803072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1622326476828803072%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Yo I’m freaking dead.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Halflife wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
The “Lakers Tax” deniers take another huge L today. Dave McMenamin has said for years that league executives have bias/envy/hatred towards the Lakers and it impacts negotiations and decision making.

Lol dying

Yes, the Nets decided against our clearly better offer because it’s more important to their GM (who could be fired soon) to uphold the Lakers to their “tax” than it is to make the deal that’s best for his team.

Are the Laker Tax guys the Qanon of Lakerland? Or is that too insulting to Qanon people?

Not wanting what kyrie wants is not a lakers tax. There may be one but I have a hard time believing teams would take worse offers just to spite the lakers.

GM: sorry boss, i know the Lakers offer was better, but we have to punish them.

Owner: you did the right thing. It’s not worth having a better team if it also helps the Lakers. For i am jealous of the one title their owner has won.

If some of the reports are correct, it wasn't about punishing the Lakers. It was about punishing Irving. Some reports have suggested the Nets realized the Lakers was Irving's first choice and they didn't want to send him to his first choice.

Whether that's true or not is anyone's guess. Another possibility is that the Nets still want to try to compete this year so they didn't want to make a trade that was just about future assets.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
One thing the Lakers had working against them is now crystallized - Nets main desire was to ensure their current team would be competitive around Kevin Durant whereas any LAL offer was built around a their future picks.

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1622332794897842176

If I were the Nets/Nets fan, I would've done that deal as well since Houston got all their picks.

I call BS on this because KD is going to ask out and Dinwiddie and DFS aren’t winning you anything.

Bottom line is nets are still not touching Celtics or Bucks.

This should also spell out for everyone just how much KD does not want to play with Russ. It’s probably on the order of how much LeBron, AD, George and Harden don’t want to play with him. Lots of love for Russ around the league, until you ask other players who he’s rolling with to the party. Then everyone’s car gets full quickly.

Part of me thinks Rui was an apology

Lebron and AD wanted to play with him
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
In other words, do you expect a good shot at the #1 pick or at least a top 3 pick? I don't think anyone really expects the Lakers to be that bad.

I do.

We have the 9th worst record in the league WITH LeBron James and Anthony Davis. When those guys are gone I expect us to be much worse.

5 years is an eternity in NBA terms. There is no way to reasonably predict who will be on the Lakers and how good or bad the team will be. If I were the one trading for those pics, I certainly wouldn't value them as a likely number one overall pick

It’s fair to say it’s a long ways away and we can’t accurately predict. However, we do know that LeBron won’t be here. AD probably won’t be, and if he is, he’ll be 34 with who knows how many more injuries on the resume. And we know we will be owned by Jeanie Buss. Whether Rob is still running things is anyone’s guess but he’s got a deal for another 4 years. I would bet we are in for some pain. We have two superstars and we are a bad team.

For me, the bottom line is if you are insisting other teams in trade talks have to value those picks as if they are surefire top three picks, you'll probably be disappointed because I doubt they would make that assumption.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Russ 2rp for Ben

Ben is the worst contract in league and we sending 2 frps to get him 😂

U sure u Lakers fan?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
One thing the Lakers had working against them is now crystallized - Nets main desire was to ensure their current team would be competitive around Kevin Durant whereas any LAL offer was built around a their future picks.

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/1622332794897842176

If I were the Nets/Nets fan, I would've done that deal as well since Houston got all their picks.

I call BS on this because KD is going to ask out and Dinwiddie and DFS aren’t winning you anything.

Bottom line is nets are still not touching Celtics or Bucks.

This should also spell out for everyone just how much KD does not want to play with Russ. It’s probably on the order of how much LeBron, AD, George and Harden don’t want to play with him. Lots of love for Russ around the league, until you ask other players who he’s rolling with to the party. Then everyone’s car gets full quickly.

Part of me thinks Rui was an apology

Lebron and AD wanted to play with him

And pg chose him until okc made it clear they were starting over.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Quote:
Sending Kyrie to the city where JFK got assassinated opens up all kinds of avenues for him to do some exciting research

https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/1622326476828803072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1622326476828803072%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Yo I’m freaking dead.

Brilliant.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Russ 2rp for Ben

Ben is the worst contract in league and we sending 2 frps to get him 😂

U sure u Lakers fan?

He might mean second round picks… I would roll the dice on that. Worst case is you turn Westbrook into another contract with a few years left on it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
The “Lakers Tax” deniers take another huge L today. Dave McMenamin has said for years that league executives have bias/envy/hatred towards the Lakers and it impacts negotiations and decision making.

That’s bull, the Laker offer was not a better offer than what the Mavs made.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Officially rebuilding in 4, 3, 2, 1 days…
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

Lol dying

Yes, the Nets decided against our clearly better offer because it’s more important to their GM (who could be fired soon) to uphold the Lakers to their “tax” than it is to make the deal that’s best for his team.

Are the Laker Tax guys the Qanon of Lakerland? Or is that too insulting to Qanon people?

Not wanting what kyrie wants is not a lakers tax. There may be one but I have a hard time believing teams would take worse offers just to spite the lakers.

IT'S REAL, GOING BACK TO BEFORE THE THREE-PEAT:

Quote:
But West did not deny reports that he offered Jones, Elden Campbell and a No. 1 pick to the Timberwolves for Gugliotta and former Laker guard Anthony Peeler.

Because the Lakers are over the salary cap, they could only have acquired Gugliotta, a 6-foot-10, all-purpose player who would have filled the Lakers’ void at power forward, in a sign-and-trade transaction with the Timberwolves.

“We made them an offer,” West said Saturday night. “We felt it was a very fair offer; we felt it was attractive. [But] I don’t think it appealed to them. . . .

“We were interested in making a change that would’ve been relatively major on our part. But obviously they didn’t want any part of the deal that we offered.”

When asked why Minnesota would allow Gugliotta to go to Phoenix with no compensation instead of taking a low-post center and an all-star guard, West shrugged.

“You need two to go dance, and we weren’t able to get another team to do something that might’ve been in both teams’ interests,” West said. “We did the best we could, and I can tell you it wasn’t from lack of trying.”

When Don Nelson was in the league, he was famous for blocking potential Lakers trades. In the Gugliotta situation linked above, Nelson reportedly contacted several GMs and had them call Minny and promise to "help them out" if they passed on the Lakers deal.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
In other words, do you expect a good shot at the #1 pick or at least a top 3 pick? I don't think anyone really expects the Lakers to be that bad.

I do.

We have the 9th worst record in the league WITH LeBron James and Anthony Davis. When those guys are gone I expect us to be much worse.

5 years is an eternity in NBA terms. There is no way to reasonably predict who will be on the Lakers and how good or bad the team will be. If I were the one trading for those pics, I certainly wouldn't value them as a likely number one overall pick

It’s fair to say it’s a long ways away and we can’t accurately predict. However, we do know that LeBron won’t be here. AD probably won’t be, and if he is, he’ll be 34 with who knows how many more injuries on the resume. And we know we will be owned by Jeanie Buss. Whether Rob is still running things is anyone’s guess but he’s got a deal for another 4 years. I would bet we are in for some pain. We have two superstars and we are a bad team.

For me, the bottom line is if you are insisting other teams in trade talks have to value those picks as if they are surefire top three picks, you'll probably be disappointed because I doubt they would make that assumption.

Sure. I think there’s a very strong chance they’re high picks but I could absolutely see a team saying “so you want my good players and you’re giving me nothing useful now plus picks 4 and 6 years away that are a total mystery? Ya no thanks.”
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Welp I would like to be the first to welcome Mike Conley to the team.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Chris Haynes just said cam reddish might be the only guy who will be on the Lakers post deadline 😂
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Chris Haynes just said cam reddish might be the only guy who will be on the Lakers post deadline 😂

I'm good with adding players like Reddish who may or may not amount to anything but don't cost any picks.

I don't like that he's Klutch, but slowly but surely we add more length and draft a good 3 and D wing with our pick and we keep improving.

It would have been interesting with a talent like Kyrie, but I like the young players and can feel good about the team as we slowly transition from LBJ.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

What happened to the other 14? Plane crash?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Russ 2rp for Ben

Are you saying Ben Simmons? Huh?
We need offense…
Dude is afraid of the ball…
Crazy thought, my man
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Not sure linking an article from 1999 proves a Laker Tax is in effect. The NBA has changed a lot since Dr Buss died. The Lakers have two whopping playoff appearances since 2013. How many NBA teams have changed hands since then? How many GMs are still with their teams? Why do any of them care about what the Lakers accomplished decades ago? The only team i would hear an argument for resisting “helping the Lakers” is Boston, but no one else cares about Jeanie Buss’s one title and first round playoff exit.

If anything, we have a Pelinka tax. He’s overpaid in every trade he’s ever made. GMs are right to hold out for more when it comes to dealing with him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 2549, 2550, 2551  Next
Page 1108 of 2551
Jump to: