NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1020, 1021, 1022 ... 2580, 2581, 2582  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
I just dont know who is trading for Lonzo when he knowingly cannot play.

3-D chess time: Trading for Lonzo gives you an argument for the Disabled Player Exception if you're already over the cap! (Yeah, yeah, V+. Don't go and get lawyerly on me. This is 3-D chess, baby!)
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
https://itsgame7.com/is-a-big-3-team-lakers-trade-brewing/

In that proposed trade Los Angeles would get Tobias Harris, Terry Rozier and Matisse Thybulle; Charlotte would get Westbrook, Jaden Springer, both of L.A.’s remaining first round picks in this decade and two second-rounders; and Philly would get Kelly Oubre Jr., Cody Martin and Beverley.

In the process the Sixers would free up cap space. The Lakers, meanwhile, would dump Westbrook, address their three-point shooting holes and their massive hole at point guard. The Hornets, in the meantime, would receive much-needed draft capital.

What do you guys think?

Pretty sure Philly would want one of those first rounders
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

In that proposed trade Los Angeles would get Tobias Harris, Terry Rozier and Matisse Thybulle; Charlotte would get Westbrook, Jaden Springer, both of L.A.’s remaining first round picks in this decade and two second-rounders; and Philly would get Kelly Oubre Jr., Cody Martin and Beverley.

In the process the Sixers would free up cap space. The Lakers, meanwhile, would dump Westbrook, address their three-point shooting holes and their massive hole at point guard. The Hornets, in the meantime, would receive much-needed draft capital.

What do you guys think?

Sure, because we know that the Sixers are looking to free up cap space this season. Obviously.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Scout, do you hate defense? I'm not saying efg isn't important. And I agree we need to give Russ less minutes. But making an argument based on efg seems limited.

BTW, Caruso and Rondo had efgs of 48% during the championship season.

It's about balance, I said I rather keep Reaves+Christie+Walker at the cost they come at than Hield who is much better than them on offense but not on defense.

Turner I like his defense ALOT. But do we really need to pay 30 MILLION to a center when we have AD to play Center and defend the rim? Its proven AD can orchestrate a top defense so why mismamage our assets?

What we need is a guy who can handle the ball, make plays and be efficient. That is the only thing we are lacking.

Yeah Caruso and Rondo were bad offensively thats why we were 11th on offense that season. But there defense out weights some of those negatives and in Rondo's case his play making which we had none outside of LeBron. Caruso played 17 minutes and the next year his eFG skyrocket and so did his minutes.

Thanks! Good reasoning.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Seeing that evan fournier has been delegated to the bench and getting DNP coaches decision for past few games as hes fallen out of favor w Thibs, would you guys be open to trading someone like pat bev and landing fournier? Seems like a marginal move but i do think fournier can balance out our roster and gives us someone who can knock down the 3 at the SG position and we wouldnt have to overpay
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

What do you guys think?

I think you should work on developing the discipline to limit the number of trade proposals you waste your time posting.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject:

some humor from JR Smith
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1621244694842773505?s=20&t=36gkRIwK_-7ZDVaChYxziw
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If the Lakers somehow trade for FVV/GTJ (assuming they're ok with paying the luxury tax and giving up possibly 2 FRPs, maybe with protection), there is no doubt in my mind they will likely have to include Reaves who is up for an extension himself in the summer. I can't see them extending both FVV/GTJ and then extending Austin, whose 8-10m could be closer to 35-40m if you include the luxury/repeater tax hit.

With all things said, would you then be ok with:

Russ/Austin/27/29

for

FVV/GTJ/Boucher or Thad (latter for contract matching purposes to take the Raptors under the luxury tax line). That's how it will likely shape up. Makes you think a bit more if that's the true cost (though I lean yes).

Is that Stone Cold Steve Austin? Bc nah not moving Reaves for that. You move those picks to get guys you can keep with board rights as well as keeping guys like Austin and Rui, etc.

I love Austin but the Lakers are not paying the luxury tax and extensions AND re-upping Austin. If you are willing to nix a trade to get someone who was an all star last year, and a young up and coming 18ppg SG, then perhaps Austin is being valued a tad too highly?

How are off from Trent Jr is Austin? I mean, he's a couple seasons less experienced, has the same physicals as Gary, and IMO can easily be as good as Gary by year 5. I don't see their values too far off, at all. Plus Austin can be locked up at half the price this summer.

That's not to say I don't want Trent. I think he's the perfect fit and I'd want to see a backcourt of Trent/Austin for the future but for now, if you're trading 2 1sts AND Austin for FVV and Trent Jr, it feels like an overpay - almost like the 2 1sts are for FVV Reaves /Trent is a more or less wash.

You have to factor in that Reaves is about 4 months older than Trent so while both are facing the same prime ceiling, Trent has a higher floor.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:27 pm    Post subject:

i dont want much for westbrick. Hartenstein, cam, fournier, quickly, rose should be fine

send rose and his expirer to raptors for GTJ

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2d69x8xz
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Is the NBA scripted like the NFL?
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Is the NBA scripted like the NFL?

In what sense?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
27 wrote:

3-D chess time: Trading for Lonzo gives you an argument for the Disabled Player Exception if you're already over the cap! (Yeah, yeah, V+. Don't go and get lawyerly on me. This is 3-D chess, baby!)

Haha…Look at the big brains on Aens.

That’s the type of outside the box thinking I like to see…but I’m about playing checkers, bro…and I’ll just leave this here for some fact checking with our guy, Larry…

Quote:
Teams can apply for this exception from July 1 through January 15, and cannot apply after January 15.

Don't confuse the Disabled Player exception with the salary cap relief teams sometimes receive after losing a player to a career-ending injury or death. The Disabled Player exception allows a team to acquire a replacement player. The salary cap relief removes a contract from the team's books.

Speaking of outside the box thinking, I found us a shooter folks! It’s the Rizz gawd…

Other than shooting his shot with Kay (41 minute mark), Shams mentions the Lakers will be most active/aggressive along with the cLips, Milwaukee and Phoenix & names to watch are Spicy P, OG, Collins and Crowder…
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Any Christian Wood fans? Apparently they can't come to an extension and the market's set his price low.

Quote:
The longer it goes without happening(an extension), the less likely it is. Mavericks have shown a willingness to discuss a 2-year deal. If Christian Wood wants to test the market, I don’t know that he’s going to get more money on the market this summer. I’ve talked to a lot of teams. I’ve yet to find one eager to sign up for the Christian Wood experience. … If we’re looking at Mavs rotations player most likely to be dealt before the deadline, it is Christian Wood. Having said that, finding value for him will be challenging. I was talking to an exec with another team and asked what the market is. He said “I think they can get what they gave up, they can get back. They can probably get a late first round pick if they’re willing to take salary into next season.” — Tim MacMahon
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
27 wrote:

That’s the type of outside the box thinking I like to see…but I’m about playing checkers, bro…and I’ll just leave this here for some fact checking with our guy, Larry…

Quote:
Teams can apply for this exception from July 1 through January 15, and cannot apply after January 15.

Don't confuse the Disabled Player exception with the salary cap relief teams sometimes receive after losing a player to a career-ending injury or death. The Disabled Player exception allows a team to acquire a replacement player. The salary cap relief removes a contract from the team's books.

Speaking of outside the box thinking, I found us a shooter folks! It’s the Rizz gawd…

Other than shooting his shot with Kay (41 minute mark), Shams mentions the Lakers will be most active/aggressive along with the cLips, Milwaukee and Phoenix & names to watch are Spicy P, OG, Collins and Crowder…

siakam to the lakers? it's happening! lol
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
27 wrote:

Quote:

Well, the Bucks are hot for Crowder, the Suns want OG, that leaves Collins and Spicy P (Siakam) for the Lakers and Clips. Who do you think wants what between those two?

Last edited by Darkndeep on Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Any Christian Wood fans? Apparently they can't come to an extension and the market's set his price low.

Quote:
The longer it goes without happening(an extension), the less likely it is. Mavericks have shown a willingness to discuss a 2-year deal. If Christian Wood wants to test the market, I don’t know that he’s going to get more money on the market this summer. I’ve talked to a lot of teams. I’ve yet to find one eager to sign up for the Christian Wood experience. … If we’re looking at Mavs rotations player most likely to be dealt before the deadline, it is Christian Wood. Having said that, finding value for him will be challenging. I was talking to an exec with another team and asked what the market is. He said “I think they can get what they gave up, they can get back. They can probably get a late first round pick if they’re willing to take salary into next season.” — Tim MacMahon

Wouldn't this either push Bron to the point Or Rui to the bench?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
27 wrote:

Quote:

For pascal I’d put both unprotected and whatever the hell we have
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
27 wrote:

Quote:

For pascal I’d put both unprotected and whatever the hell we have

Don't even think both unprotected 1sts plus Reaves plus Christie would get this done. But man Rob would be a hero if he could
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget we have Russ to sweeten the pot, Balto.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:

oh man forgot about the triple double machine
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
27 wrote:

4D chess, Jeanie doesn't want to pay for a replacement and the DPE is allowed to expire.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Quote:

*whispers* It expires when you trade the player. Don't tell that to IG. It can be our private joke.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

oh man forgot about the triple double machine

Actually, if you count turnovers, he's really a quadruple double machine (seems like it, anyway).

But, turning serious, Russ's huge expiring should be a big asset for a team on a complete rebuild, as Toronto seems to be.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:

OH NO! Would need to keep one of those 1st rounders if they wanted Russ haha
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Reaves interview:

Quote:
It’s also a big contract year for you. What have you thought about your future?

AR: I don’t really think that far ahead. I’m just trying to win games. I love being in Los Angeles, and I love being a Laker. Kobe Bryant was my favorite player growing up, so getting an opportunity to play for the Lakers is a big blessing.

Side note: Athletes should retire the "I don't think that far ahead" cliche. We all know that it's BS. There are 24 hours in a day. Yeah, sure, they don't have time to think about the future of their lives. Gosh, that makes sense.

Quote:
On Twitter, people will mention you with Alex Caruso. What do you think of that?

AR: Totally different players, but we’re guys that played on the Lakers, and we’re white. We don’t really look athletic. He’s athletic, but I’m not that athletic. I can see why people do it, but we’re two totally different players.

Give the kid bonus points for a frank answer.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rumors-lakers-austin-reaves-free-agency-lebron-james-alex-caruso/

Really tough question, would you trade Reaves to get GTJ who play the same position... I'm gonna say no, I think in near future Reaves himself gonna fetch a FRP like Caruso now

The overrating of Reaves is out of control on this board. He’s actually 7 months older than GTJ

Nice role player, very overrated on LG.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1020, 1021, 1022 ... 2580, 2581, 2582  Next
Page 1021 of 2582
Jump to: