NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 717, 718, 719 ... 2551, 2552, 2553  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

AD loves Lebron and LA too much to ever request a trade. He's in a good place here unlike in New Orleans. We would have to trade him on our own. It sucks but it is what it is.

The sooner this incompetent front office realizes we simply cannot compete for a championship anymore, the better. Making desperate trades here and there with our last remaining assets would only hurt our future even more without improving us to championship contender status.

I want to trade AD but I don't want Pelinka to do it. He's done enough harm to the franchise. I guaranteed that if Pelinka did trade AD, he would not get a haul better than what Ainge got for Gobert.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
AD loves Lebron and LA too much to ever request a trade. He's in a good place here unlike in New Orleans. We would have to trade him on our own. It sucks but it is what it is.

The sooner this incompetent front office realizes we simply cannot compete for a championship anymore, the better. Making desperate trades here and there with our last remaining assets would only hurt our future even more without improving us to championship contender status.

I want to trade AD but I don't want Pelinka to do it. He's done enough harm to the franchise. I guaranteed that if Pelinka did trade AD, he would not get a haul better than what Ainge got for Gobert.

The best hope for redemption for the Lakers is to go for the Championship with AD/LBJ. Who would want to sign with the team if we screwed over LeBron? If the FO won’t put players around LBJ/AD it would send the message that they wouldn’t put together a team for others either and that would deter any FA from coming here.

The FO has also shown they are incompetent in building a championship team. They got lucky that LBJ foresaw passing Kareem here and came on his own then found a talented Beta male in AD, incapable of leading a team, then overpaid to win the bubble ship.

If you want to compete in the next ten years you better stop thinking about a trade of AD/LBJ. You said it yourself…you don’t trust them to do it…they would mess up a trade of AD. It’s a better chance that Maybe they can get lucky and add pieces now though…now is the best chance we’ll have at a championship in many years.

Regardless of how little that chance is, it’s still light years ahead of any chance we’ll have by keeping that 2027 pic…we’ll be a joke again by then and that one pic won’t make a damn bit of difference…not as much of a difference as it would make right now.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:10 am; edited 5 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

AD loves his legacy a lot more then he loves LA, yes he likes LeBron but he knows ever since the championship in the bubble, both of them haven’t dominated games like they did when AD 1st arrived, all it takes is a couple of loses and the talk of trading AD will be louder, I don’t want this guy playing at a high level while it’s being wasted on a bad team, he deserves better, LeBron is LeBron he committed to the franchise in the summer but he knows if this season ends up a failure he’s gonna be apart of the blame and most likely be available in the summer if we decide to rebuild.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I understand that there will be times where we are under 500 as a team. I have no issues with that. What really bugs me is having 3 guys on the team making over 45 million and still being under 500. Makes me hate all three of them.

I thought the extension to Kobe was dumb, but this extension to Legramps has got to be up there with the Westbrook trade as being one of the stupidest moves in Laker history. I really have no interest in watching Legramps or Westbrook this season. The other guys I don't mind.

First and foremost the Lakers are a business. The goal is to make money and Lebron sells tickets and air time. The national media embraces the Lakers because of Lebron. He will be a Laker until he decides he will no longer be here.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
I understand that there will be times where we are under 500 as a team. I have no issues with that. What really bugs me is having 3 guys on the team making over 45 million and still being under 500. Makes me hate all three of them.

I thought the extension to Kobe was dumb, but this extension to Legramps has got to be up there with the Westbrook trade as being one of the stupidest moves in Laker history. I really have no interest in watching Legramps or Westbrook this season. The other guys I don't mind.

First and foremost the Lakers are a business. The goal is to make money and Lebron sells tickets and air time. The national media embraces the Lakers because of Lebron. He will be a Laker until he decides he will no longer be here.

I understand this. Obviously, I'm speaking from a fan perspective. That's why I keep repeating that we will have to suffer for at least 2 more seasons enduring the Legramps farewell tour.

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

The best hope for redemption for the Lakers is to go for the Championship with AD/LBJ. Who would want to sign with the team if we screwed over LeBron? If the FO won’t put players around LBJ/AD it would send the message that they wouldn’t put together a team for others either and that would deter any FA from coming here.

The FO has also shown they are incompetent in building a championship team. They got lucky that LBJ foresaw passing Kareem here and came on his own then found a talented Beta male in AD, incapable of leading a team, then overpaid to win the bubble ship.

If you want to compete in the next ten years you better stop thinking about a trade of AD/LBJ. You said it yourself…you don’t trust them to do it…they would mess up a trade of AD. It’s a better chance that Maybe they can get lucky and add pieces now though…now is the best chance we’ll have at a championship in many years.

Regardless of how little that chance is, it’s still light years ahead of any chance we’ll have by keeping that 2027 pic…we’ll be a joke again by then and that one pic won’t make a damn bit of difference…not as much of a difference as it would make right now.

Actually, that one pick in 2027 would be huge if we were a joke. It would be a high pick that we'd need to build upon. How did we win #17? By picking second three years in a row and trading those for a superstar. We could build upon that 2027 frp or trade him for another superstar and go for #18 from there.

As for now, even if we could trade for the best available player Turner, we still wouldn't be a contender because there's just too many holes. Our guards are useless. Our bigs aren't much better. We are statistically the worst shooting team in the NBA. I highly doubt Turner alone would turn this team into a contender. There's a better chance of me winning the lottery than this team winning the championship this year and I don't even buy lotto tickets.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject:

You know that these two ideas are at tension with one another, right? The front office is incompetent at building a championship team, but the best hope for redemption is to go for a championship. Both statements may be true. Yay.

Unfortunately, this is where things really stand. Other GMs are going to view Pelinka as an easy mark. Besides, there have been indications that they just don't like him. So we'd trade the FRPs, then start trading swaps for the other years, then trade our SRPs, then start over with the '30 picks when they become swappable/tradeable. It's not a path to redemption.

It is possible that the price on some of these trades will decline as the season goes by. We might not need to ship out both of the FRPs. The flipside is that the trades might not even get us to the play-in. It sucks, but here we are.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

Foston is killing it with their young superstar Tatum. Almost winning it last year and looking like well on their way to the finals again. We need to rebuild and draft our own young superstars.

Nightmare scenario would be a Clippers/Celts finals. Thank goodness Clippers most likely won't make it out of the West because of injuries and the usual stacked conference.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersSupply/status/1597997508525166592

FWIW Jones/Bev/Nunn + another minimum salary adds up to John Collin’s salary and we all know the marriage between Collins and ATL is coming to a end
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

FWIW Jones/Bev/Nunn + another minimum salary adds up to John Collin’s salary and we all know the marriage between Collins and ATL is coming to a end

i doubt they take that deal without 2 FRPs,
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Foston is killing it with their young superstar Tatum. Almost winning it last year and looking like well on their way to the finals again. We need to rebuild and draft our own young superstars.

Nightmare scenario would be a Clippers/Celts finals. Thank goodness Clippers most likely won't make it out of the West because of injuries and the usual stacked conference.

besides Milwaukee, i don't think any team can beat Boston in the east. they got even better with the Brogdon trade (robbery).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

i doubt they take that deal without 2 FRPs,

I forgot to add a pick to the deal but yeah at the least we will have to add a 1st round pick to have a chance to acquire Collins but I would it, Collins + AD could be a formidable front court.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

You know that these two ideas are at tension with one another, right? The front office is incompetent at building a championship team, but the best hope for redemption is to go for a championship. Both statements may be true. Yay.

Unfortunately, this is where things really stand. Other GMs are going to view Pelinka as an easy mark. Besides, there have been indications that they just don't like him. So we'd trade the FRPs, then start trading swaps for the other years, then trade our SRPs, then start over with the '30 picks when they become swappable/tradeable. It's not a path to redemption.

It is possible that the price on some of these trades will decline as the season goes by. We might not need to ship out both of the FRPs. The flipside is that the trades might not even get us to the play-in. It sucks, but here we are.

Ultimately, I don't think whether we stand part today or make a trade will matter to future free agents.

Some people will be attracted by the history and glamour of the Lakers and some won't.

Beyond that, future free agents will be attracted by what pieces we have at the time to put around them immediately. They aren't going to say, "I'm wary because 10 years ago the Lakers didn't trade two FRPs to help Lebron and AD."
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

besides Milwaukee, i don't think any team can beat Boston in the east. they got even better with the Brogdon trade (robbery).

It's why I've already assumed they would make the finals again. Between the aging Bucks and this young Foston team, I'd say Milwaukee has more chance of incurring an injury. At least I have a reason to watch the finals again. Rooting against Foston would just be as thrilling as rooting for the Lakers. Unless the Clippers also made the finals. Buck Foston!

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:

I understand this. Obviously, I'm speaking from a fan perspective. That's why I keep repeating that we will have to suffer for at least 2 more seasons enduring the Legramps farewell tour.

At least two more seasons and probably three since it’s unlikely that LBJ/AD will be offered $50ish million in 2024 so I’m expecting both to opt in and play with the Lakers until 2025. At that time, the team will be in a challenging situation without a pic that year 2025 or 2027 if traded… still not that bad tho since the team would still have 2026, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Sources: Two notable injury updates:

- Bucks star Khris Middleton is nearing his season debut, potentially as soon as Friday vs. Lakers.

That's some funny sh**
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

- Bucks star Khris Middleton is nearing his season debut, potentially as soon as Friday vs. Lakers.

That's some funny sh**

Lakers Sudden Recovery Syndrome is real my friend
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

That's some funny sh**

Lakers Sudden Recovery Syndrome is real my friend

You forgot the important word.

Lakers GAME…

LGSRS!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

It's why I've already assumed they would make the finals again. Between the aging Bucks and this young Foston team, I'd say Milwaukee has more chance of incurring an injury. At least I have a reason to watch the finals again. Rooting against Foston would just be as thrilling as rooting for the Lakers. Unless the Clippers also made the finals. Buck Foston!

Giannis is only 27 and by far the best player in the league now, they've been very impressive even without Middleton this year.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

That's some funny sh**

Id want to bring him back during an easy one too.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

That's some funny sh**

why left out the other part of the tweet?
James harden returns next Monday and they play the Lakers next Friday at home, obviously they probably beat us anyway without Harden.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject:

Foston is the biggest one I’m concerned about.

Clippers would be up with them, but they are always injured and some franchise curse stops them every year it seems.

Phoenix is meh

GS doesn’t look the part

Milwaukee is the only one that stands in Foston’s way for this season, imo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

List of players who potentially salary match a package of Nunn/Bev/Nunn/JTA? And a 1st round pick

Buddy Hield
John Collins
Myles Turner
Evan Fournier ( the Knicks would have to add some salary here)
Nikola Vucevic

Probably missing a few more
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject:

It'll be such a Rob/Jeanie move to trade Russ/27/29 for DROZ/Vuc. We get another aging name back when we could have gotten him for far cheaper a few seasons ago.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject:

It'll be such a Rob/Jeanie move to trade Russ/27/29 for DROZ/Vuc. We get another aging name back when we could have gotten him for far cheaper a few seasons ago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 717, 718, 719 ... 2551, 2552, 2553  Next
Page 718 of 2553
Jump to: