NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 715, 716, 717 ... 2560, 2561, 2562  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

At this point it’s a matter of time before frustration really kicks in with Anthony Davis, he’s playing like a DPOY candidate he’s putting up MVP type numbers but the team can’t seem do anything even with how amazing he’s playing, if he did request a trade the level of interest would be high.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
I still think we can get into the play ins if AD sustains current level and stays healthy, there's really only one team that we need to falter with injuries (OKC is going to start tanking soon IMO) so then it's between us and a few other teams there cramped up between 9-10-11. It could go any of a few ways, we may be there in March/April.

The thing is I wonder what the net gain of a play in appearance is vs moving AD before the trade deadline. Do they think it's going to be a major selling point in the summer for a free agent? Which FA? For sure it has crossed their mind about some sort of re-set. The situation we have with Lebron, we could easily manage the same situation of Lebron putting some great games (and a lot of so-so or bad ones) the next 2 years on a team with much younger players and some longterm draft haul to work with, instead of AD.

I actually like AD a ton, and enjoy watching him play. He's a unique talent, one of the best players in the league when healthy and engaged. I just don't think we'll ever get a shot at getting some longterm assets like we have now and keeping him, I wonder what the thinking is there. If it's to be respectable and competitive, ok. I'm sure we can manage that post-trade. If it's to build around AD, I don't see how they're setting that up. If it's to win a title, then Jeanie needs to be willing to pay major major tax as she's going to need to stockpile on talent and depth as AD/Lebron need what Kawhi/PG have, a depth of talent that can keep the team .500 when they rest/recover half of the RS.

Probably preaching to the choir here but if we're just talking about being competitive for the play-in by February and AD is still in bubble mode then we should trade him. Lebron will be within striking distance of, if not already past, Kareem's mark. Would Cleveland trade for him next summer to be that final championship piece? Lakers could spin that as a final favor to Lebron. I would usually lament the Cavs' lack of tradeable FRPs (unless they somehow end up in the lottery) but I don't think he'd fetch that anyway. Can the Cavs even put together enough salary. You're talking something along the lines of S&T Levert/Love to the tune of $12-15 million and some filler combo of Okoro/Rubio/Osman/Wade.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook just need to go. Just can’t root for players that celebrate a basket and not after winning the game. Just not my type of player, we need players that plays until the end then celebrate after a win. Just send bad vibes to me, when we have not done anything yet as group.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Westbrook just need to go. Just can’t root for players that celebrate a basket and not after winning the game. Just not my type of player, we need players that plays until the end then celebrate after a win. Just send bad vibes to me, when we have not done anything yet as group.

Lol.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I'll give 2 FRP's for Tyrese Halliburton. That kid is GOOD
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

As if we don’t already have issues with the Pacers brass your thinking that Pelinka is gonna pick up the phone and offer 2 1st round picks with the thought that it’s a possibility? Haliburton is playing like a superstar right now, it’s gonna take AD to get a deal done and even then I’m not sure so the Pacers go for it.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

But the Pacers wouldn’t make that deal.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

As if we don’t already have issues with the Pacers brass your thinking that Pelinka is gonna pick up the phone and offer 2 1st round picks with the thought that it’s a possibility? Haliburton is playing like a superstar right now, it’s gonna take AD to get a deal done and even then I’m not sure so the Pacers go for it.

Don't take everything so literally.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Russ was "celebrating" when the Lakers went on a run, up by 17. The team and the fans were hyped, so that isn't exactly bad team vibes. Pacers went on a run when Ham took Russ out, for whatever reason.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Because he can't win games so he takes what little victory he could get. The nice plays here and there are all that he could come up with so it's a big deal for him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Russ was "celebrating" when the Lakers went on a run, up by 17. The team and the fans were hyped, so that isn't exactly bad team vibes. Pacers went on a run when Ham took Russ out, for whatever reason.

This
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Pacers went on a run when was Russ brought back in the game. 2 straight TOs followed by a lousy TO from Troy brown
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Post-Lebron (and AD?) what is the plan for this organization? You've shown you can't stand organic growth. Can't stand the pain of a few down years. The only concept of team-building you know is chase superstars. How are you convincing them to come here? They were able to promise Lebron they'd get another star and use the trove of assets they had on hand to get it done. There is now no trove. You then showed you won't REALLY do whatever it takes to help a star win now because you have an upper limit of future picks and you don't want to cross the repeater tax.

Chasing superstars is getting more difficult, most of the young stars are getting locked up long term by their current teams. If that is the plan we end up with a star in his mid 30’s again with a short window.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Pacers went on a run when was Russ brought back in the game. 2 straight TOs followed by a lousy TO from Troy brown

The Westbrook TOs are indefensible, but the Troy Brown TO was partially not his fault. Three Lakers were still on the Pacers' side of the court when the ball went to AD who had barely crossed mid court. He was immediately trapped by multiple defenders and quickly tossed it ahead awkwardly to Troy who was almost out of bounds near the sideline.

He held the ball forward to keep his balance I'm guessing when the Pacers stole it an took off. If more Lakers moved quicker to cross half court to be available for AD's pass, then it wouldn't have gone to Troy in a difficult position.

EDIT: I went back and re-looked at the play... Troy could've been more careful with the ball.

Last edited by joeblow on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject:

If we were to trade AD would you guys do Dejounte/Hunter/Collins for AD?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
DLaker wrote:

They were up by 17, Russ was the hot player, Ham took Russ out and cooled him down. Russ didn't come back in until the lead was cut down to 7, with less than 8 minutes to go, after they called a time out.

Here's the footage: https://twitter.com/DevDock/status/1597644631889833984?t=ddImIaf_uo-Owm13ygznjQ&s=19

We could talk about Lebron's 5 straight iso plays, leading to bricks. He was 1-8 in the 4th. No entry pass to AD. AD got the most touches when Lebron wasn't playing. We could also talk about Ham choosing to go with Dennis Schröder, instead of Lonnie Walker. Etc....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I just wonder what the plan is going forward. Okay, you let Westbrook expire. Now we're back to Lebron/AD. And then it's another "here's 12 ALL NEW journeymen" to surround them with?

Yeah pretty much. There isn’t an alternative. They might be able to bring back some of the players from this year’s team but if they can that means there’s no market for them again and why would we want to keep this bad team together? It’ll be Bron and AD and the band of merry minimums. I could even envision a scenario in which that cap space goes to…Russell Westbrook. Don’t rule it out on a big 1 year deal.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
DLaker wrote:

They were up by 17, Russ was the hot player, Ham took Russ out and cooled him down. Russ didn't come back in until the lead was cut down to 7, with less than 8 minutes to go, after they called a time out.

Here's the footage: https://twitter.com/DevDock/status/1597644631889833984?t=ddImIaf_uo-Owm13ygznjQ&s=19

We could talk about Lebron's 5 straight iso plays, leading to bricks. He was 1-8 in the 4th. No entry pass to AD. AD got the most touches when Lebron wasn't playing. We could also talk about Ham choosing to go with Dennis Schröder, instead of Lonnie Walker. Etc....

Lebron played the whole 4th quarter... Not sure why. Ham should have pulled out Lebron for a rest instead of Westbrook. Also took Schro out for Lonnie. Don't get the Russ/Schro closing line-up at all. Both guys are not that good of a shooter.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject:

There is absolutely no plan.. 1st it was summer.. then 1st 20 games… then dec 15… then Jan 15 …. then trade deadline.. ends with scrub buyout plan
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:35 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
I just wonder what the plan is going forward. Okay, you let Westbrook expire. Now we're back to Lebron/AD. And then it's another "here's 12 ALL NEW journeymen" to surround them with?

Yeah pretty much. There isn’t an alternative. They might be able to bring back some of the players from this year’s team but if they can that means there’s no market for them again and why would we want to keep this bad team together? It’ll be Bron and AD and the band of merry minimums. I could even envision a scenario in which that cap space goes to…Russell Westbrook. Don’t rule it out on a big 1 year deal.

Yeah, yes there is...there is an alternative and many of us have been screaming for it continually since the season ended...way before training camp.

Do a trade. More players and much more salary can be added with a trade to improve the team this year than with cap space or a trade next year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
I am convinced the Lakers FO and Jeanie circle of trust no longer believe that LeGrandpa and Day to Davis can carry any combination of role players.

It’s Cavs 2.0

I wouldn’t trade assets either. LeGM and deputy era is over imo. Better off making that change this summer. Should have been this past summer but I think the FO wasn’t super sure until now. Also think that Jeanie’s marketing priorities played a role too (LBJ extension).

While that may be true, I don't trust the FO to make the proper changes or choices even if it was right in their face. This FO needs PROFESSIONAL help...asap.

I 100% agree with you, P.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, yes there is...there is an alternative and many of us have been screaming for it continually since the season ended...way before training camp.

Do a trade. More players and much more salary can be added with a trade to improve the team this year than with cap space or a trade next year.

A trade doesn’t generate a fountain of youth for LeBron. You’re just prolonging the inevitable and blowing more draft picks in pursuit of a Play In berth. Do you really think adding Myles and Buddy puts us over the top in a series against Boston? Milwaukee? We’re 13th in the West. Do you think if Minnesota added Myles and Buddy they’d be the title favorites? How about OKC?
Me neither. Both those teams have better records than us.

I get the impulse to stop the bleeding. But the worst thing we can do is throw more gas on the fire in the hopes we can hang a Play In banner. Being 1st round elimination fodder is not a goal worth sacrificing even more of our future.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers would need to use the capspace on 3-4 players of quality and find a way to keep Reaves and Walker. Do they have that sort of ability? If they can. then maybe they can put forth a much better team in a year. But there's no guarantee that AD is still the same AD he is now, and for sure there's a great chance Lebron has even declined further as a RS player.

I mean there are some good players on the FA market. I would sign them. Outside of the obvious like Kyrie and Dray, there's lesser names who are very good players like Porzingis, Middleton. FVV. Then DLO, Myles Turner, Gary Trent Jr.

I mean if we were able to sign Porzingis+Middleton+DLO, now you're talking a team that could contend after those capspace moves. Here's the issue. AD and Lebron make nearly 90M combined. Even if we clear everything out, we won't be able to sign more than 1 high quality player, maybe if we get very very fortunate, we'll sign 2. It's tough for me to see what their goal is with FA.

We're really stuck, even if we get a super human AD season, and make the play ins, we're still stuck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Outside of the obvious like Kyrie and Dray, there's lesser names who are very good players like Porzingis, Middleton. FVV. Then DLO, Myles Turner, Gary Trent Jr.

I mean if we were able to sign Porzingis+Middleton+DLO, now you're talking a team that could contend after those capspace moves. Here's the issue. AD and Lebron make nearly 90M combined. Even if we clear everything out, we won't be able to sign more than 1 high quality player, maybe if we get very very fortunate, we'll sign 2. It's tough for me to see what their goal is with FA.

Draymond is a terrible investment at this point. No way Middleton or even Porzingis with the season he’s having would be available (and he’s hurt all the time). DLo is more of a problem for Minnesota these days than a solution. You could probably get a Turner or Trent Jr but….is that making a difference?

Keep in mind the ~$30M we could theoretically create means we renounce everyone but LeBron and AD. That means Reeves is gone. Christie is gone. Let’s say in one of the best of circumstances, we get Fred Van Vleet. I don’t think this would happen, but let’s just say it did. Is LeBron, Davis, and FVV along with a team of minimums a contender? With LeBron turning 39 that season?

As you put it, we are stuck. We can burn assets and shuffle deck chairs but we are just going to likely be Play In fodder.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
There is absolutely no plan.. 1st it was summer.. then 1st 20 games… then dec 15… then Jan 15 …. then trade deadline.. ends with scrub buyout plan

You have to take the reporting about Lakers plans with a grain of salt. All the things you're citing might have just been speculation from reporters, rather than any criteria the Lakers ever actually used.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers "plan" is loosey goose. Rather than "we'll make a trade by Dec. 15th if the team has a .500 record," it may be more about monitoring how the team is doing and what deals become available to see if anything makes sense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 715, 716, 717 ... 2560, 2561, 2562  Next
Page 716 of 2562
Jump to: