NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 713, 714, 715 ... 2568, 2569, 2570  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nflandhotdfan/status/1597404737749778432?s=46&t=a6-wg50b6agX_j8FEv090g

A lot of this makes sense.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
If you’re going to be an AD team then Russ is a better option than Dennis. AD and Russ play off of each other well and all I have read here is that Dennis would never throw lobs to AD.

I think we have to consider the big picture concerning Russ...it's really not so much about his raw numbers and play on the court...it's more about his salary. Dennis at vet min is better with AD than Russ at $47mil with AD because the difference in salary can be used to upgrade the roster in many other areas.

So...for example...it's more about the Lakers being better with Schroeder/Burks/Bogdonavich/Noel and AD vs just Russ and AD. So clearly the team is better with DS and AD than Russ and AD because DS and AD includes several other roster upgrades.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject:

No 1 is gonna get in the way of the Celtics wrath this year
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pretty obvious that the team seem adamant on moving Westbrook if they can strike a deal, seems like Schroeder has installed confidence as the PG, maybe we get Rose or another back up to replace Westbrook.

I don't think anything has changed since preseason. Westbrook had a brief stint coming off the bench where he looked okay. Now he's back to just being an expiring contract/salary ballast/a guy you have to pay teams to take off your hands.

The Lakers would be delighted to trade Westbrook, just as they always have been. I don't think Schroeder's presence really changes the equation much.

The only questions are the same ones that have been there since preseason: what deals are actually available and how many draft picks we have to give up to make them.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pretty obvious that the team seem adamant on moving Westbrook if they can strike a deal, seems like Schroeder has installed confidence as the PG, maybe we get Rose or another back up to replace Westbrook.

I don't think anything has changed since preseason. Westbrook had a brief stint coming off the bench where he looked okay. Now he's back to just being an expiring contract/salary ballast/a guy you have to pay teams to take off your hands.

The Lakers would be delighted to trade Westbrook, just as they always have been. I don't think Schroeder's presence really changes the equation much.

The only questions are the same ones that have been there since preseason: what deals are actually available and how many draft picks we have to give up to make them.

I can't see WB's trade value having gone up but the major take-a-way with recent games is that he is willing to come off the bench, potentially making him more valuable because he wouldn't have to automatically be bought out.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I can't see WB's trade value having gone up but the major take-a-way with recent games is that he is willing to come off the bench, potentially making him more valuable because he wouldn't have to automatically be bought out.

I am dubious if Westbrook's trade value has increased. I am even more dubious if that even matters.

Teams would trade for Westbrook to get our draft pick(s), not to get Westbrook.

Because of that, I don't think Westbrook's play or willingness to come off the bench will be a big factor in what happens, if indeed any trade actually does happen.

I think the real factor will be how desperate the Lakers and other teams become to make a move. And that will depend on a lot of factors that have nothing if little to do with Westbrook.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject:

whelp. Turner and Hield not lighting it up from 3 tonight and since this is the only game Rob will have seen them in, you can forget that trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

We have to think the Jazz are gonna go for the Wemby sweepstakes and trade off there veterans.. getting guys like Olynyk/Clarkson/Beasley would give us the multiple pieces McMenamin was talking about.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We have to think the Jazz are gonna go for the Wemby sweepstakes and trade off there veterans.. getting guys like Olynyk/Clarkson/Beasley would give us the multiple pieces McMenamin was talking about.

It wouldn't shock me if the Jazz dangle Clarkson, Beasley, and Olynyk. However, Ainge being Ainge, I don't think they are going to have some kind of fire sale, where they give guys away in pursuit of a worse record. I expect they will sit back and demand a high price for their veterans, so I am not expecting the Jazz to present us with some great, no-brainer deal.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

It doesn’t have to be a fire sale, the Jazz have to think about the future of there franchise and the draft coming up is gonna be loaded with superstar talent, they shouldn’t waste that just to make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Blow it up
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Beverly + Nunn + 2nd round picks to NY for Hartenstein and Reddish

Westbrook + Christie + 1st round pick to Utah for Clarkson/Beasley/Olynyk
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beverly + Nunn + 1st round pick to NY for Hartenstein and Reddish

No.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

No trade is helping this trash team and a trash gm
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is moving deck chairs around on the Titanic
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Save the picks. Let Westbricks contract expire itself.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Pritchard is cackling
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

you forgot to switch to your logical account, lol
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

you forgot to switch to your logical account, lol

Lol
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject:

Stop trying to give up picks. Time to get rid of anyone that can get us some assets.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
joeblow wrote:
For those that say we need a wing, that's not exactly right. Wings are SGs and SFs.... we specifically need more (defensive) Forwards: SFs and PFs. Settling for "wings" implies we can simply add yet another shooting guard (which are 6'6" or smaller) and be good to go, but that is not true.

Completely agree…the need is for at least 6’7”…preferably 6’8” or 6’9”. Need defense and 3pt shooting from a combo F.

Trouble is that is the most in-demand type of player in the league. I am dubious we'd be able to get a quality 3-and-d for the assets we have to offer, but we shall see.

Go get Kuz back
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

To all that want to keep the picks and let WB expire.

What then? You can't just trade picks this offseason with no salary attached. Who will we have to attach as salary to use those picks on someone else? S&T WB? That will just make it harder because of hard capping. Trade LeBron? Not if he wants to stay a Laker. AD? Same as LeBron.

Just saying that keeping picks and not making a bad trade sounds good but that could very easily mean punting NEXT season, or at least half of it, yet again.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:41 am    Post subject:

Still think a Kyrie trade is the best Rob could hope for. Rob doesn't have enough room to sign him in the offseason and even with the warts there is no better talent that Rob could possibly trade for without giving up the farm.

The problem now might be that Kyrie's value is not as low as it was a few weeks ago.

A three team trade with Lakers getting Kyrie/Turner/Hield could still happen with Rob of course giving up both 1st rounders to make it happen. It's not hard to get the trade salaries to work.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
Still think a Kyrie trade is the best Rob could hope for. Rob doesn't have enough room to sign him in the offseason and even with the warts there is no better talent that Rob could possibly trade for without giving up the farm.

The problem now might be that Kyrie's value is not as low as it was a few weeks ago.

A three team trade with Lakers getting Kyrie/Turner/Hield could still happen with Rob of course giving up both 1st rounders to make it happen. It's not hard to get the trade salaries to work.

The more days and weeks go by the more likely the Lakers will likely let the season ride out instead of doing something, there hinging there hopes on the team playing 500 basketball before bringing in help but that kind of hope can fall flat to the face of the FO and the team.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
To all that want to keep the picks and let WB expire.

What then? You can't just trade picks this offseason with no salary attached. Who will we have to attach as salary to use those picks on someone else? S&T WB? That will just make it harder because of hard capping. Trade LeBron? Not if he wants to stay a Laker. AD? Same as LeBron.

Just saying that keeping picks and not making a bad trade sounds good but that could very easily mean punting NEXT season, or at least half of it, yet again.

Are you really just figuring this out now? Seriously. If you were expecting a magical solution next summer that makes us an immediate contender, you were bound for disappointment. The goal will be to start adding pieces and to get out of tax repeater status.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 713, 714, 715 ... 2568, 2569, 2570  Next
Page 714 of 2570
Jump to: