NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 710, 711, 712 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Westbrook for Dinwiddie/Wood?

What's in it for Dallas?

There 9-10 and obviously need a shake up in a bad way lol
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What's in it for Dallas?

The 2017 NBA MVP lol.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

8 of 9 contributors can be brought back next year with the cap space from departures of Russ/Bev/Nunn…Jones and Christie are signed for next year with AD/LBJ…which projects to these 10 on the roster next year:
AD Bryant Jones
LBJ Gabriel
TBjr
Walker Christie
Shroeder Reeves

That to say…is a plan feasible to not make a trade and just run this back?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Zubac 31 pts, 29 reb, 3 blk. Wtf Jeanie? Stop putting idiots in the front office.

Talk about late bloomer. I think Steph Curry was also a very late bloomer as well.

Curry was not a late bloomer. He got injured early in his career which slowed down his progress a bit.

Ya’ll getting carried away with this Zubac career game. Dude not even averaging 10ppg this season yet.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
8 of 9 contributors can be brought back next year with the cap space from departures of Russ/Bev/Nunn…Jones and Christie are signed for next year with AD/LBJ…which projects to these 10 on the roster next year:
AD Bryant Jones
LBJ Gabriel
TBjr
Walker Christie
Shroeder Reeves

If thats the plan you definitely need to make a trade this season. That’s a lot of salary to be losing for nothing. Not good a idea to lose $60m+ in salary and only gain $30m in capspace. Most of those guys can be resigned pass the salary cap.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject:

How much max we can pay walker?
Reeves?
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Zubac 31 pts, 29 reb, 3 blk. Wtf Jeanie? Stop putting idiots in the front office.

Talk about late bloomer. I think Steph Curry was also a very late bloomer as well.

Curry was not a late bloomer. He got injured early in his career which slowed down his progress a bit.

Ya’ll getting carried away with this Zubac career game. Dude not even averaging 10ppg this season yet.

I don't get why people get carried way with Zubac for just 1 game. He is a solid rotational piece and an average starting center, but he ain't even close to be a star player and probably never will be. Of all the young studs that left the team, including Lonzo, BI, Larry Nance, Josh Hart, Kuz, Randle, I would miss him the least.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Jakob Poeltl would be solid next to AD.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I don't get why people get carried way with Zubac for just 1 game. He is a solid rotational piece and an average starting center, but he ain't even close to be a star player and probably never will be. Of all the young studs that left the team, including Lonzo, BI, Larry Nance, Josh Hart, Kuz, Randle, I would miss him the least.

Heh. I never understood the love fest for zu either.
He's a starting center in the league. Top 20?
Maybe some are upset he was traded for peanuts?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:08 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

It's the last part that is infuriating. We threw him away to clear cap space that we never actually used. He's just an average center, but that's been a problem position for us most years. When you manage to draft a guy like that in the second round, you don't just throw him away on a whim. The fact that the Clippers were laughing at us made it worse.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I would do that trade in a heartbeat
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Curry put up 18-5-6 on 44% three-point shooting as a rookie. He really wasn't as much as of a late bloomer as some people imagine. He showed a lot right out of the box.

He had ankle issues in his third season it's caused him to miss about 40 games, but that didn't really slow down his progress. The following season he became an All-Star

Zubac isn't really a late bloomer either. His stats are better because he's playing more minutes, but on a per-minute basis he's been fairly consistent in his career. He just had a monster game but he hasn't taken some kind of monster leap overall. He is a good, solid, average level center
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
epic_ wrote:

It's the last part that is infuriating. We threw him away to clear cap space that we never actually used. He's just an average center, but that's been a problem position for us most years. When you manage to draft a guy like that in the second round, you don't just throw him away on a whim. The fact that the Clippers were laughing at us made it worse.

That I can understand.
But we won with minimum pay centers.
When you have AD, I think that's how you go. Paying a center like Zu $10m doesn't seem like a wise play when you have AD and Bron who can scale up positions.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Reeves?

With his early bird rights, I think we can pay Reeves the average NBA salary, which is equivalent to the mle, or about 12 million a year.

Since we have no rights to Walker, we can give him a small raise to about 7 million a year
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Dude is a top 3 defensive center in the league
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What's in it for Dallas?

So they shake up and then their plan is to lose more? I don't get it
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There is belief shared by leaders in the Lakers’ locker room, sources said, that the team is only a couple of players away from turning this group into a legitimate contender. But acquiring the right players could take multiple trades. – via Dave McMenamin @ ESPN

We beat the Spurs a couple times. How about them picks. Never mind the injury report or the record. Promise, we’re right there.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
There is belief shared by leaders in the Lakers’ locker room, sources said, that the team is only a couple of players away from turning this group into a legitimate contender. But acquiring the right players could take multiple trades. – via Dave McMenamin @ ESPN

We beat the Spurs a couple times. How about them picks. Never mind the injury report or the record. Promise, we’re right there.

I'm actually leaning towards thinking we're a wing away from contending.
Of course if the team stays intact health wise.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

they need a wing and a big
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
epak wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

they need a wing and a big

I think the worse case scenario of AD, Bryant, LeBron and Gabriel can hang in the playoffs. But I'm not opposed to upgrading at that position if possible.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
statyin wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I’ve always felt that it was obviously a bad trade but I also wasn’t keen on paying Zu what he’s being paid and it should be noted that he’s primarily a regular season player. That has value and any team would love to have him. At $10M+? I dunno. He’s fine, but I do scratch my head when people carry on like we gave away prime Shaq.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Reeves?

With his early bird rights, I think we can pay Reeves the average NBA salary, which is equivalent to the mle, or about 12 million a year.

Since we have no rights to Walker, we can give him a small raise to about 7 million a year

Just curious. Would there be an advantage to a team in regards to resigning Walker next season if they traded for him this year?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

“leaders in the locker room.”

Sounds convincing

Bottom line is I don’t think the Lakers are making any substantial move until both Lebron and AD demonstrate they are consistently going to be top 10 impact players.

AD, no question on ability…it’s availability and focus.

Lebron. Just don’t think he’s capable of that. Nothing wrong with it, the dude is 39.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
AD Bryant Jones
LBJ Gabriel
TBjr
Walker Christie
Shroeder Reeves

My thoughts are pretty similar to yours, on this matter. Early in the season, when things were looking really dysfunctional, I felt we were multiple players away from playoff contention. Let alone title contention. Now, after this team gelling, and finding some of its footing, I don't believe we're as far off as it seemed.

The players you listed above, I like, and believe we should keep. Though, I would like the Lakers to get a starting caliber swingman. Troy Brown Jr. works best off the bench, imo. And, maybe another big as insurance for AD.

The guys on the outs are Bev, Nunn, and Jones. I like what Russell brings off the bench, with his much needed change of pace. But, not sure how that fits, going into next season. Front office has work to do, but it's definitely not as desperate as it a lot of people projected. This team can be improved by just adding a solid starting 3&D swingman. And, that can be done without giving up unprotected frp's. Just wait for the right moment. Patience.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Dude is a top 3 defensive center in the league

What league is that? Seriously, he is an average to above average defensive center. Someone else talked about him being a DPoY candidate, and you're calling him a top 3 defensive center. I'm not sure where this is coming from, unless you're just looking at his rebounding numbers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 710, 711, 712 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next
Page 711 of 2558
Jump to: