NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 705, 706, 707 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
levon wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Myles Turner has switched his agency to CAA per Marc Stein

Link

Troublesome for the Lakers.

It could also mean an extension given 4 other clients on the Pacers are represented by CAA.

Why is that troublesome for the Lakers?

Lakers don't have a good history with CAA, especially if Turner's new agent is Aaron Mintz.

I mean it's fairly clear we're not trading for Turner

Who needs him anyways, Buddy Hield can be our mighty PF with the way Ham is handling the rotation
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Myles Turner is having a career year, meanwhile Pestinka doesn’t know what to do until Christmas.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Myles Turner is having a career year, meanwhile Pestinka doesn’t know what to do until Christmas.

What do you want to give up for him?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:

Turner wasn't on the 2014 NBA all-star team, so Rob isn't sure how he helps us.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Charlotte Hornets forward Gordon Hayward will be evaluated week-to-week on his return from a fractured left shoulder, his agent Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tells ESPN.

For those that wanted the hornets trade with GH
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

I just want a GM that can make things happen. Whatever I think is fair value is pointless because I don’t have all the details.

He is our GM though and should be able to consummate a deal.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

I just want a GM that can make things happen. Whatever I think is fair value is pointless because I don’t have all the details.

What deal. He has 50m for 3 years tied up in bron.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Charlotte Hornets forward Gordon Hayward will be evaluated week-to-week on his return from a fractured left shoulder, his agent Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tells ESPN.

Gets hurt every year.

And I 100% believe this is just Myles Turner contract year performance.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

And I 100% believe this is just Myles Turner contract year performance.

Turner has played great, but he’s only played 12 games.

He’s always been a streaky up and down guy. I doubt he'll sustain his current shooting numbers.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:

Myles is playing for that next contract.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:04 am    Post subject:

I can’t see Ainge passing up on the Wemby sweepstakes. Yes, it was time for the Mitchell/Gobert era to end and the Jazz to restart, but there’s no doubt that Ainge was also ecstatic that this rebuild timed perfectly with the Wemby draft. (Also, as many have noted already, Mitchell is dominating and there is no reason Ainge couldn’t have done a soft rebuild around Mitchell who was still under contract for three more years — the potential for Wemby + a deep draft class aside from Wemby played a role).

Some reporters have speculated that a sell-off in Utah could be in the works, though the hot start has made that tricky since it’s difficult to intentionally dismantle a team that is winning not only games but the hearts of fans.

Let’s say the 12-8 Jazz end up 16-16 and it becomes more and more feasible for Ainge to steer the ship into the iceberg, as planned.

What do y’all think of:

Russell Westbrook/Top-3 protected 2027 FRP that becomes unprotected in 2028 if it doesn’t convey in 2027

FOR

Lauri Markkanen/Kelly Olynyk/Malik Beasley

Lakers would get the size and shooting that they so desperately need. I honestly have no idea if Ainge would accept this trade with only 1 FRP. If I were Pelinka, my argument would essentially be that offloading these useful players helps the Jazz get into the Wemby sweepstakes, more valuable than any future pick, especially one 6 years into the future, AND that, frankly, only Lauri could command an FRP at this point. No team is trading more than a 2nd for either Olynyk or Beasley. If Ainge insists, the Lakers could add a 2nd round draft pick.

Do y’all like this deal? Think it’s possible? Think there are better options out there in terms of using the Russ + FRPs and that the Lakers should wait?

With how Anthony Davis is playing and with the promise of some of the other rotational players like Lonnie and Austin, I would love the Lakers to add size and shooting to this team ASAP, especially if it only costs a single FRP. I think this team could make the playoffs and be fun to watch.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:16 am    Post subject:

The thing about Turner is that he's finally playing as the primary big man on the Pacers, after having to share the load with Sabonis and being stuck a lot on the perimeter

If we trade for him, it has definite certain benefits (particularly from a rim protection perspective), but does he revert straight back to pre-2022/23 numbers once paired with another, better big in AD?
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:17 am    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
I can’t see Ainge passing up on the Wemby sweepstakes. Yes, it was time for the Mitchell/Gobert era to end and the Jazz to restart, but there’s no doubt that Ainge was also ecstatic that this rebuild timed perfectly with the Wemby draft. (Also, as many have noted already, Mitchell is dominating and there is no reason Ainge couldn’t have done a soft rebuild around Mitchell who was still under contract for three more years — the potential for Wemby + a deep draft class aside from Wemby played a role).

Some reporters have speculated that a sell-off in Utah could be in the works, though the hot start has made that tricky since it’s difficult to intentionally dismantle a team that is winning not only games but the hearts of fans.

Let’s say the 12-8 Jazz end up 16-16 and it becomes more and more feasible for Ainge to steer the ship into the iceberg, as planned.

What do y’all think of:

Russell Westbrook/Top-3 protected 2027 FRP that becomes unprotected in 2028 if it doesn’t convey in 2027

FOR

Lakers would get the size and shooting that they so desperately need. I honestly have no idea if Ainge would accept this trade with only 1 FRP. If I were Pelinka, my argument would essentially be that offloading these useful players helps the Jazz get into the Wemby sweepstakes, more valuable than any future pick, especially one 6 years into the future, AND that, frankly, only Lauri could command an FRP at this point. No team is trading more than a 2nd for either Olynyk or Beasley. If Ainge insists, the Lakers could add a 2nd round draft pick.

Do y’all like this deal? Think it’s possible? Think there are better options out there in terms of using the Russ + FRPs and that the Lakers should wait?

With how Anthony Davis is playing and with the promise of some of the other rotational players like Lonnie and Austin, I would love the Lakers to add size and shooting to this team ASAP, especially if it only costs a single FRP. I think this team could make the playoffs and be fun to watch.

I think you'd need to trade both the picks for that package. Jazz would want a quality return on Markkanen - Ainge is a stinger bugger. Hell, they mightn't even do it with both the picks
#18 next...
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:25 am    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

What do y’all think of:

FOR

Look here:

https://www.slcdunk.com/2022/11/18/23465035/trade-ideas-for-the-utah-jazz-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-russell-westbrook-golden-state-warriors

What you propose but with small modifications!!
It's not Lauri (their best player) but Conley. And a not protected 1 FRP, but 2 unprotected FRP.
Let`s be serious. Your idea is completely delusional from their perspective. It made no sense.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Pelinka can "make things happen." Over the last four years or so, he has turned over the roster several times and unloaded much of our draft capital. He has been like one of the twitchy fans on this board.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:20 am    Post subject:

Trades will mean nothing in the near future. I see an 8 games plus losing streak around the corner.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Wizards, Clippers and Mavericks may be among the teams interested in Saddiq Bey, per @AmicoHoops

I’d give up a 1st for Saddiq
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

<snip>

Tatum’s potential was way ahead of any of the players we traded at that time. At the very least, trading him instead of Lonzo would have at least saved us some picks

Single-mindedly focusing on Ball and ignoring Tatum was a colossal failure of judgement and process. And yes, if somehow Tatum was on the Lakers instead of Ball - which is by no means certain as the Celts had #1 - history would likely have flowed very differently, likely to the Lakers benefit.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

Seems like Myles Turner is still the savior in some minds here.
We need shooters, not Turner.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

Seems like Myles Turner is still the savior in some minds here.
We need shooters, not Turner.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
The Wizards, Clippers and Mavericks may be among the teams interested in Saddiq Bey, per @AmicoHoops

Want to add some qualifiers?
Unless you mean an unprotected FRP.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

What deal. He has 50m for 3 years tied up in bron.

What deal? What do you want to give up for him?
Not a mystery…Bev/Nunn/FRP/2ndRP(if necessary) for Turner
Indy may not want to do it, perhaps Turner and his team has a change of heart, maybe neither was serious at all in departing each other but based on the pre-media day rumor saying it was an expected done deal and Turner’s interview saying the Lakers should take a long look I would go after the deal.

Turner improves the Lakers defense and offense, allows AD to play his preferred position, adds floor spacing w/3pt shooting, rebounding, shoot blocking, and injury insurance for AD plus keeps LBJ at SF unless emergency where the team is limited w/wings.

There’s just too many holes Turner fills to not make the trade especially with pieces on the Lakers that are expendable with the possibility of a long term fit.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

What do y’all think of:

FOR

If I can get in the lottery sweepstakes with Markkanen and Beasley why would I bother with Westbrook? The Jazz have a plethora of upcoming picks so why not keep legit talent to play with them? If salaries become an issue down the line you deal with it then. A top 3 protected FRP in 2027 has little value to the Jazz, maybe more to a team that isn’t rich in upcoming picks.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Want to add some qualifiers?
Unless you mean an unprotected FRP.

Definitely not unprotected
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

I understand those that would run from any deal for GH…I would however use this as an excuse to get a lower price. Rozier, injury insurance, and the ability to have an upgraded roster this year + next year would be the main objective…could not add all three next year with cap space in Turner/Hayward/Rozier but the team can add all three with trades this year and keep them next year.

New deal leveraging Hayward’s injury:
WB/2ndRP for Rozier/Hayward/McDaniels
Bev/Nunn/FRP/2ndRP if necessary for Turner

We mainly need Hayward this year if LBJ/AD is injured.

I know, I know…crazy perspective. Still, I believe it would make the Lakers contenders this year and next with Rozier/McDaniels/Turner…Hayward would be the (high I know) price to get them without giving up a FRP.

Not only do the Lakers get Rozier while keeping the FRP but also adds a MCDaniels as a 6’9” 3pt shooting combo forward.

Turner Bryant
AD MCDaniels
LBJ TBjr
Walker Reeves
Rozier Shroeder

(No Hayward necessary for now and kept FRP)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 705, 706, 707 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 706 of 2546
Jump to: