NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 2578, 2579, 2580  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Players who started last year on the roster who are not back: Carmelo, Ariza, Bazemore, Bradley, Ellington, Tucker, Dwight, DeAndre, Monk and Rondo

Players added to this year's Roster: Beverly, Toscano, Brown Jr, Schroder, Christie, Bryant, Jones, Walker (and Nunn in some way).

The defense should be vastly improved, even if not up to our championship level.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Players who started last year on the roster who are not back: Carmelo, Ariza, Bazemore, Bradley, Ellington, Tucker, Dwight, DeAndre, Monk and Rondo

Players added to this year's Roster: Beverly, Toscano, Brown Jr, Schroder, Christie, Bryant, Jones, Walker (and Nunn in some way).

The defense should be vastly improved, even if not up to our championship level.

We had shooterscouldn’t shoot. Atleast the young defensive Guy’s will give effort
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

I’m super excited as always, but this team needs more balance, at some point another trade has to be coming, even if it’s not with Westbrook. I think Hamm probably wants to see how his guard rotation plays out and then look at make a move. Seems like Nunn or Walker could be moved at some point. Only because of their salary being used to make a trade work.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
I’m super excited as always, but this team needs more balance, at some point another trade has to be coming, even if it’s not with Westbrook. I think Hamm probably wants to see how his guard rotation plays out and then look at make a move. Seems like Nunn or Walker could be moved at some point. Only because of their salary being used to make a trade work.

To me that depends on whether or not Beverly can be at three in the wing like Pelinka is talking about if he can do that then there’s actually more balance on this team than what is on the surface we are set at Biggs and we have a glutton of guards if somebody out there can be a wing and be halfway productive this team is pretty good defensively
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Lots of past it old heads gone. We got better for sure

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:34 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Rob really did a great job (minus Walker) when you look at our transformation (especially considering he had nothing to work with). The transformation includes our trades. I am also very excited for Swider. Well done.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:40 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Rob really did a great job (minus Walker) when you look at our transformation (especially considering he had nothing to work with). The transformation includes our trades. I am also very excited for Swider. Well done.

Great job? Where is our 3 point shooter? How about an athletic 4 to back up AD. Swider will barely play if Ham is emphasizing defense. This is a 42 win team at best so that’s a 9 game improvement. If you consider that great then I guess you’re right….it is an improvement.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:52 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Great job? Where is our 3 point shooter? How about an athletic 4 to back up AD. Swider will barely play if Ham is emphasizing defense. This is a 42 win team at best so that’s a 9 game improvement. If you consider that great then I guess you’re right….it is an improvement.

I watched the Pelinka/Ham session last night and came away drinking the Kool-Aid. With reasonable health (not perfect health), this team could be a lot better than expected. After last season, it's way too easy to focus on the negatives.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

He had nothing to work with. Who was the 3 point shooter he was supposed to sign with the vet min? I think that is unrealistic. If you said he should have signed the best wing available, I would agree. Let's not have champagne taste with beer pockets. Don't forget that obstacle that he is working with (Jeannie does not want big salaries on her books next season). Also, she is fine with just being relevant because of the scoring record. We all should know that we will be lucky to make it to the 2nd round in the playoffs. I just think we will be far more enjoyable to watch this season.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject:

If it was a personnel issue last year, then why did we get rid of the headcoach?

2020: Good defensive players = championships
2022: Bad defensive players = missed playoffs = coach fired.
2023: Seemingly good young defensive players = championship defensive coach gone

Real sound logic. Geniuses.

I mean I love Ham. He seems like a great guy but I just don't see the justification in firing a championship winning headcoach. Was it because he couldn't incorporate Brick into his offense? If so, would Ham be on the hot seat too after just one season if he couldn't make Brick work either?

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:44 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Even with these scrubs, a healthly Davis-Legramps team is not a 42 win team. I do not believe they will be healthy though. Lebron is pushing it with the age gods.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:45 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If it was a personnel issue last year, then why did we get rid of the headcoach?

2023: Seemingly good young defensive players = championship defensive coach gone

One trade did cost us a good coach. Hopefully Ham will make us forget about Vogel.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:46 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

excuses shift to suit agendas
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:55 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

One trade did cost us a good coach. Hopefully Ham will make us forget about Vogel.

I hope so too but Ham is a brand new HC so it could be hit or miss. He could be like Kerr or he could be like Fizdale. Just like how Pelinka was a brand new GM. He could turn out like Presti or he could flame out like...PJ?

My point is it is risky. It is an unnecessary risk since we had Vogel. But since Ham is our HC now so I'm rooting hard for him and the Lakers to succeed.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject:

Need to keep Huff around to replace T. Bryant as the stretch 5 next season... u know, tax, vet min $
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

excuses shift to suit agendas

That's an oversimplification of course. Was Vogel dealt a bad hand last season? Absolutely. But he also handled the situation very poorly. The Lakers never developed any consistent lineup. They repeatedly trotted out mismatched lineups like ones with THT and Westbrook which didn't fit together at all, and he seemed to lack the ability to hold the team together or to adjust his coaching style to fit the team.

Another thing that should be noted there was that in 2020 his assistant coaches were Jason Kidd and Lionel Hollins, both of whom are NBA level head coaches. How much of an effect their departure had is tough to quantify but I tend to believe they had solid contributions, and their departure hurt.

The most important thing though is he lost the locker room. It's tough to retain players and repair that.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:02 am    Post subject:

I don't know why you guys keep referencing the bubble. Anthony is 3 years older. Lebron is almost 40 years old. Completely different roster. Different head coach. This team has not won anything yet.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:05 am; edited 2 times in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:03 am    Post subject:

I guess everyone has forgotten about the coaching carousel from 2013 to 2017. I think we went thru like 3 ex-Laker headcoaches before finding a legit HC.

I really hope Ham works out because I don't want to go back to 2013 again but I mean if a championship winning HC could get fired, I'm not sure if any HC could last long with the Lakers.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:04 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Vogel looked broken by the end of the year. It may not have been his fault, but he needed some time to recover.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:06 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Vogel looked broken by the end of the year.

He should have been fired after the winless preseason. It was obvious that he was the wrong coach for that roster.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:07 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I don't know why you guys keep referencing the bubble. Anthony is 3 years older. Lebron is almost 40 years old. Completely different roster. Different head coach. This team has not won anything yet.

Lebron is 40? How old is Westbrook... 38?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Lebron is 40? How old is Westbrook... 38?

Okay

Different roster.
Different head coach.

This team hasn't won anything yet.
AgentScarn
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:20 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I watched the Pelinka/Ham session last night and came away drinking the Kool-Aid. With reasonable health (not perfect health), this team could be a lot better than expected. After last season, it's way too easy to focus on the negatives.

Every team thinks they can be a lot better than expected right now. This is a 7-10 seed and first round exit roster.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

We had shooterscouldn’t shoot. Atleast the young defensive Guy’s will give effort

Maybe Swider gets some looks from outside...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:39 am    Post subject:

https://i.imgur.com/WKDHwnB.jpg

For anybody that swore Westbrook would be off the team by TC

Westbrook/Schroder
Beverly/Nunn/Walker
LeBron/Reaves
AD/JTA/Swider
Bryant/Jones

Can't wait to watch this disaster of a lineup game 1.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 435, 436, 437 ... 2578, 2579, 2580  Next
Page 436 of 2580
Jump to: