NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 2554, 2555, 2556  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
the notion that the Lakers don’t want to take back long term money is way overblown I have heard that they are willing to take back long term money as long as that player helps the Lakers become a contender.

There are honestly conflicting reports on this. No one seemed to bat an eye when it was reported we considered taking back Rozier, whose contract runs for the next 3-4 years.

The reports about the Hornets were always questionable. There were some reports that the Hornets were interested, but other reports that they never had any interest at all.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
the notion that the Lakers don’t want to take back long term money is way overblown I have heard that they are willing to take back long term money as long as that player helps the Lakers become a contender.

There are honestly conflicting reports on this. No one seemed to bat an eye when it was reported we considered taking back Rozier, whose contract runs for the next 3-4 years.

The reports about the Hornets were always questionable. There were some reports that the Hornets were interested, but other reports that they never had any interest at all.

"I have heard" lol IG the sauces. I think if we were willing to take on long-term salary, we'd have already made a trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

"I have heard" lol IG the sauces. I think if we were willing to take on long-term salary, we'd have already made a trade.

That’s not how it works, they need a reason to take on long term salary, Conley is a talented PG but he isn’t worth bypassing the cap space, I think they might do it for Randle and Porzingis but we have no idea if they even engaged in trade talks involving those players and the Hornets have a lot of players on long term deals so that should tell you that they were willing to take on Rozier.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

Pelinka alluding that they are willing to trade the picks if the right deal presents itself
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

Next year we would get more bang for our picks if we didn't have to include Westbrick in any trade. If we didn't have to include Brick, then it's genuinely two frp but if we had to include Brick, then we're actually only trading one pick. Can't expect a Kyrie-like player for just one frp unless the player has issues like Kyrie does.

If we're trading both picks this year, then people shouldn't expect much in return. So if Pelinka is waiting for something he likes, then he probably would have to wait until next year.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I mean, it was in the same report laying out how the Lakers were hesitant to take on long-term money. The whole thing was a contradiction. Amick and Buha I believe?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I mean, it was in the same report laying out how the Lakers were hesitant to take on long-term money. The whole thing was a contradiction. Amick and Buha I believe?

Trying to keep all of the rumors straight would be a tall order. I was skeptical of the occasional Hornets rumor even before Bridges got arrested. The idea that the Hornets would want Westbrook never made much sense. The argument was usually that they wanted to clear payroll room, but they could do that without trading for such a massive expiring contract. From the beginning, I had the feeling that someone dreamed up a trade idea and tried to sell it as something that could really happen. We may never know for sure.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject:

There is no way Jeannie would allow us to take back Rozier. Not yesterday, today, or tomorrow.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I honestly believe Rob panicked with the Walker signing. It was too much $ and way too early in the process. Sure he is a young athletic guy who is fun to watch. His signing was still a head scratcher because he can not shoot or defend and plays a position that we really didn't need.

Not a panic. Rich paul asked him to hook his client up. Probably promised to get Lebron to sign an extension and this was the tax. Dude was looking at mmle probably. He’s an inefficient no defense chucker. Luckily we have like 9 other guys at that position and shouldn’t need big minutes from him other than the minutes Rob mandates.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I honestly believe Rob panicked with the Walker signing. It was too much $ and way too early in the process. Sure he is a young athletic guy who is fun to watch. His signing was still a head scratcher because he can not shoot or defend and plays a position that we really didn't need.

Not a panic. Rich paul asked him to hook his client up. Probably promised to get Lebron to sign an extension and this was the tax. Dude was looking at mmle probably. He’s an inefficient no defense chucker. Luckily we have like 9 other guys at that position and shouldn’t need big minutes from him other than the minutes Rob mandates.

I doubt it was a panic. Klutch was probably well aware of this move.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Next year we would get more bang for our picks if we didn't have to include Westbrick in any trade. If we didn't have to include Brick, then it's genuinely two frp but if we had to include Brick, then we're actually only trading one pick. Can't expect a Kyrie-like player for just one frp unless the player has issues like Kyrie does.

If we're trading both picks this year, then people shouldn't expect much in return. So if Pelinka is waiting for something he likes, then he probably would have to wait until next year.

Only one way to trade the picks in the summer, absorb contract, we don’t have salaries to match
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo987
·
3m
So from what I have heard from players Jae Crowder wanted an extension - which he was not going to get. And was also told that he wasn't going to start or end games. And that is why we are where we are today.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
John Gambadoro
@Gambo987
·
3m
So from what I have heard from players Jae Crowder wanted an extension - which he was not going to get. And was also told that he wasn't going to start or end games. And that is why we are where we are today.

sounds about right considering he talked about wanting to be somewhere that he is wanted and blah blah blah

role players these days lol
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
John Gambadoro
@Gambo987
·
3m

What kind of dumbass coach tells a player before training camp that he isn't going to finish games? Isn't that the sort of thing that, you know... you let the player's play dictate?

I don't believe that. It's just stupid and makes no sense.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Quote:
John Gambadoro
@Gambo987

So from what I have heard from players Jae Crowder wanted an extension - which he was not going to get. And was also told that he wasn't going to start or end games. And that is why we are where we are today

Hahaha.
Where will you end up Jae?
Some East coast 6-8th seed team?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Just thinking about some theoretical Crowder deals, beyond the one we can offer that's been discussed, that might intrigue the Suns and other teams...

I wonder if Philly could have interest in Crowder, perhaps using Thybulle as the main piece going back. Reports during the summer were that the Sixers were looking to possibly move Thybulle because they don't want to pay him this summer, given that they know they have to pay Maxey soon, plus they signed PJ Tucker this offseason. It would give the Suns a defense-first guard, a type they don't really have on the roster. They'd have to take in more salary than Thybulle though, so something like Korkmaz plus 1 minimum player would be required. (The Sixers are hard-capped, so they can't take in further salary.)

Crowder for Caruso might be interesting for the Suns and Bulls. The Bulls could use some forward depth, and the Suns, loaded with wings but wanting guard help, would get a defense-first guard that might be a good fit for their roster. Chicago, even with Lonzo's injury issues, are loaded with guards, and might prefer getting a player at a greater position of need, not to mention that they'd save some long-term money too. The Bulls could add another cheap player to get them really close to avoiding the luxury tax, as well.

Crowder to Atlanta for Justin Holiday and Harkless is close to salary-neutral, and all 3 players are expiring.

How about Crowder and Saric to the Knicks for Fournier and Quickley? NY gets out of Fournier's salary next year, gives up Quickley as a nice sweetener for the Suns, who have been looking at guard help, and get Fournier too. NY adds a wing that is actually capable (sorry, Reddish truthers), and Saric should be useful if healthy. Deal is almost salary-neutral as well.

Next up, the Wizards could trade the recently-acquired Will Barton in a deal for Crowder. The Wizards might be better-served to acquire a wing that can play defense like Crowder, while the Suns might be interested in Barton's scoring ability and ability to handle the ball a bit, too. Adding Jock Landale's non-guaranteed $1.5MM makes it work, and the Wizards could cut him and save money here. Both Crowder and Barton are expiring.

Crowder and Saric to Indiana for Hield works. Indiana would clear Hield's salary for next year while opening up playing time for its young guards, and at the same time they get two useful expiring contracts. They could conceivably flip one or both of those guys before the deadline (or even try to expand this deal into a 3-way) where they get 2nd Round picks or maybe young players with a chance. Meanwhile, the Suns would add a 3-point shooter with a chance to improve on a good squad. Might be worthwhile for both sides.

Crowder to the Pistons for Burks could make sense for Phoenix and is almost exactly salary-neutral, although I'm not sure what the point would be for the Pistons to take one useful expiring veteran for another. The inclusion of a 2nd Round pick by Phoenix could get Detroit to bite, I suppose.

Crowder to Utah for Clarkson might make sense for both sides, with Landale's non-guaranteed money necessary to be added. But similar to Detroit, I would think that this would only make sense if Utah got draft assets back; they surely couldn't get a FRP here, but maybe the Suns would be willing to toss them a SRP or two.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject:

You are forgetting someone.. oh yeah the Miami Heat, lol they have pieces to make a trade happen and I’m sure the Heat would be thrilled to get another P.J. Tucker clone on there team.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Injury updates:
- Kendrick Nunn is cleared for full contract drills.
- Troy Brown Jr. has been dealing with a sore back (can do non-contact work).
- Lonnie Walker IV has an ankle injury that will limit him to start camp.
- Dennis Schroder has yet to arrive (typical Visa issue).

And so it begins
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
You are forgetting someone.. oh yeah the Miami Heat, lol they have pieces to make a trade happen and I’m sure the Heat would be thrilled to get another P.J. Tucker clone on there team.

I looked at the Heat, but struggled to find the right match. I'm sure they'd love to dump Duncan Robinson for Crowder and Saric, for example, but I'm not sure that the Suns would go for that, even if the Heat included a FRP. Perhaps the Suns would take Robinson's remaining 4 years if the Heat took Shamet instead of Saric, but Shamet only has 2 fully guaranteed years left (and costs much less per year), whereas Robinson has 3 fully guaranteed years left, plus $9.9MM guaranteed in year #4 (of his scheduled $19.9MM due in that final season). And the Suns would probably still want that FRP.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
There is no way Jeannie would allow us to take back Rozier. Not yesterday, today, or tomorrow.

What about flipping him to NY for Fournier. Mayne we get a pick too. And i assume Hayward would be the other guy coming in, so we are still clear in 2024

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:
sounds like the lakers rejected a bogs trade because they did not want to take on clarkson or conley. i mean... i guess?

Yes, apparently they offered a first but didnt want to take back long term salary.

https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-offered-1st-round-pick-for-bojan-bogdanovic-but-didnt-want-to-take-on-long-term-salary/

WB / First
for
Conley,Clarkson, Bogs. PROBABLY was the deal. THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IT.

I don't know about that. Bogs would've helped us, but Conley is washed and would've had a hard time getting minutes here, and Clarkson is like an inefficient version of Nunn who doesn't play D.

For all the criticism Pelinka gets here, I like how he has shown discipline by not getting suckered into doing a lackluster Westbrook trade.

You never know. Maybe a real good or solid one will present itself this winter.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
slavavov wrote:
^ Schroder and Walker aren't efficient though and neither is a good 3-point shooter. That's another thing - trading Nunn would mean getting rid of one of our few good 3-point shooters.

Like it or not, our prospects this season will depend a lot on someone like Walker breaking out. So far, he has been a poor shooter and a horrendous defender. But he has a lot of athleticism, and he's still young. This will be a contract season for him, after the Spurs already let him go. It's pretty much now or never for Walker. I didn't like the signing, but we need him to break out.

Depending on multiple players to improve or break out isn't a good bet, because the chances of these players doing anything more than improving a little bit aren't great.

At least Nunn is proven to be very efficient and an effective ball-handler in transition. Schroder will always be mediocre in terms of efficiency, and Walker has never been efficient overall for an extended stretch.

If we're going to do anything more than be playoff or play-in fodder, we need proven role players. At least right now we have a few of them.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Injury updates:
- Kendrick Nunn is cleared for full contract drills.
- Troy Brown Jr. has been dealing with a sore back (can do non-contact work).
- Lonnie Walker IV has an ankle injury that will limit him to start camp.
- Dennis Schroder has yet to arrive (typical Visa issue).

And so it begins

Excited to see what nunn finally has
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Max Christie looks visibly buffer. Bodes well for how his frame will fill out and his value as a defender. Really intriguing prospect if he can even just hit league average from 3.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

According to Ham, our focus this year would be on playing great defense forcing turnovers and turning them into points. Shooting is secondary to playing good defense.

Hey, if you can't score, as long as you keep your guy from scoring, then it's all good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 2554, 2555, 2556  Next
Page 435 of 2556
Jump to: