NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
^ Schroder and Walker aren't efficient though and neither is a good 3-point shooter. That's another thing - trading Nunn would mean getting rid of one of our few good 3-point shooters.

They need Lonnie Walker because he is a closer. They need a closer. They did not have a closer last season, it cost them at least 10 wins. Oklahoma City. Portland. I can think of a number of games lost because they could not secure a defensive rebound, another Lebron missed game tying free throws. In my opinion, they need Lonnie Walker MUCH more than "3-point shooter" (an undersized shooting guard) Kendrick Nunn.

Repost my Lonnie agenda.

JUST-MING wrote:
gng930 wrote:

I can also imagine them seeing Lonnie as a potential wing defender in the mold of THT but with a more polished offensive game and slightly better potential as a shooter based on history.

Lonnie could be special. He is clutch. We didn't have a closer last year.

Utah

Oklahoma City

JUST-MING wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Agree but what was unique about THT was his wingspan at 7+ foot. Lonnie is at 6-10. I'm not saying I agree with their mentality, just speculating on why they're not rushing to make a marginal but potentially costly trade involving Russ.

Lonnie looks okay on defense

Buddy Hield
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:43 am    Post subject:

I think the 15 points we expect from Kendrick Nunn off the bench, the role Carmelo Anthony had last season, I think we could get those 15 points from Lonnie Walker with an increased role (closer).

G Russell or Pat or Dennis
G Lonnie
G/F Juan or Austin or Troy
F Lebron
C Anthony

Only issue with the closers is free throw shooting. The "big 3" suck at free throws.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
^ Schroder and Walker aren't efficient though and neither is a good 3-point shooter. That's another thing - trading Nunn would mean getting rid of one of our few good 3-point shooters.

Like it or not, our prospects this season will depend a lot on someone like Walker breaking out. So far, he has been a poor shooter and a horrendous defender. But he has a lot of athleticism, and he's still young. This will be a contract season for him, after the Spurs already let him go. It's pretty much now or never for Walker. I didn't like the signing, but we need him to break out.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Like it or not, our prospects this season will depend a lot on someone like Walker breaking out. So far, he has been a poor shooter and a horrendous defender. But he has a lot of athleticism, and he's still young. This will be a contract season for him, after the Spurs already let him go. It's pretty much now or never for Walker. I didn't like the signing, but we need him to break out.

Sounds like the scouting report for Monk last year. He shot 40% and 35% from 3’s playing alongside DeMar. And he’s a 78% free throw shooter so he can shoot….he should get open looks this year so that’s a plus…..still not enough to get this team past 42 wins.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject:

IDEAL line up

Bev
Nunn
Lebron
Davis
Bryant

WB
Schroder
Reaves
JTA
Jones

Walker, Brown, max, swider, Gabriel
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Sounds like the scouting report for Monk last year. He shot 40% and 35% from 3’s playing alongside DeMar. And he’s a 78% free throw shooter so he can shoot….he should get open looks this year so that’s a plus…..still not enough to get this team past 42 wins.

With reasonable (not perfect) health, I think we'll be closer to 50 than 40. The problem with those older percentages for Walker is that they were on low volume. As his volume went up, his percentages went down. That just happens with some guys. We have to hope that he can mature into a guy who can make threes at medium volume.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

I honestly believe Rob panicked with the Walker signing. It was too much $ and way too early in the process. Sure he is a young athletic guy who is fun to watch. His signing was still a head scratcher because he can not shoot or defend and plays a position that we really didn't need.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject:

^^^^

Rich Paul client. I think we could have done better, even if it meant splitting the taxpayer MLE in half and signing two lesser players who fit. But we still had the problem with the self-imposed one-year contract limitation.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

sounds like the lakers rejected a bogs trade because they did not want to take on clarkson or conley. i mean... i guess?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
sounds like the lakers rejected a bogs trade because they did not want to take on clarkson or conley. i mean... i guess?

In the same article it stated that the Lakers can still end up engaging in trade talks with the Pacers or Spurs, which means even if Westbrook is apart of training camp if something were to happen they can pull Westbrook like the Suns are doing with Crowder.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1574417072935010304/photo/1
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Jazz fans discussed the Jae rumor, cite concerns over whether they could re-acquire a player 2.5 years later, will be his sixth team in eight seasons, and Jazz fans lamenting Jae bricking clutch 3's for them.

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/tony-jones-jae.178055/

Last edited by JUST-MING on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

nomoreshaq wrote:

Yes, apparently they offered a first but didnt want to take back long term salary.

https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-offered-1st-round-pick-for-bojan-bogdanovic-but-didnt-want-to-take-on-long-term-salary/

WB / First
for
Conley,Clarkson, Bogs. PROBABLY was the deal. THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IT.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

None of those players are worth a first round pick.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

If Ham is going to play his best guards - WB, Bev. Dennis, Nunn/Walker, then he will be relying a lot on smaller players defending the 2, and Reaves is going to be full time a 3 if he plays.

Obviously injuries and what have you, but our interest in Bojan shows we know we need a 3, and a starting level 3 at that.

Lebron is best at the 4/5 in this stage of his career, and it's something that I think Ham will eventually figure out. Playing big and slow up front won't help Lebron at all right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

the notion that the Lakers don’t want to take back long term money is way overblown I have heard that they are willing to take back long term money as long as that player helps the Lakers become a contender.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
the notion that the Lakers don’t want to take back long term money is way overblown I have heard that they are willing to take back long term money as long as that player helps the Lakers become a contender.

Word on the street?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

There are honestly conflicting reports on this. No one seemed to bat an eye when it was reported we considered taking back Rozier, whose contract runs for the next 3-4 years.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

i'm gonna guess we're gonna run a lineup like this:

Jones/Bryant/AD (20/20/8)
AD/JTA/LBJ (22/16/10)
LBJ/Reaves/Brown (20/20/8)
Bev/Walker/Nunn (24/20/4)
Schroder/Russ/Nunn (20/24/4)

AD - 30
LBJ - 30
Bev - 24
Russ - 24
Schroder - 20
Walker - 20
Reaves - 20
Jones - 20
Bryant - 20
JTA - 16
Brown - 8
Nunn - 8 (start him off slow)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

There are honestly conflicting reports on this. No one seemed to bat an eye when it was reported we considered taking back Rozier, whose contract runs for the next 3-4 years.

That should give you enough evidence that the Lakers are willing to destroy the cap space for the right player, as talented as Conley is I understand why they don’t think he’s worth it, he’s 35 with a ton of mileage and injuries.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

If Chicago starts off terribly, I wonder if we can flip Russ to them.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If Ham is going to play his best guards - WB, Bev. Dennis, Nunn/Walker, then he will be relying a lot on smaller players defending the 2, and Reaves is going to be full time a 3 if he plays.

Just start Juan at shooting guard.

STARTER

G 6'3" Russell
G/F 6'6" Juan
F 6'9" Lebron
F/C 6'10" Anthony
C 6'10" Thomas

BENCH

G 6'1" Patrick
G 6'1" Dennis
G 6'2" Kendrick
G/F 6'5" Austin
G/F 6'4" Lonnie
G/F 6'6" Max
G/F 6'6" Troy
F/C 6'9" Wenyen
C 6'11" Damian

G 6'1" Scotty (T-W)
F 6'9" Cole (T-W)

Make smart rotations.

When Kendrick is on the floor, play him with size, similar to Patty Mills with Rudy Gay in San Antonio. You don't want to create the Brooklyn situation with Kyrie, Seth, Patty in which Boston (specifically Grant Williams) just shot over the top of them.

They can run Austin at 1 with Kendrick at 2, but I obviously prefer Lonnie over Kendrick at 2.

And if its that much of an issue, find a trade partner for Kendrick. Orlando just lost Markelle Fultz.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Just start Juan at shooting guard.

STARTER

G 6'3" Russell
G/F 6'6" Juan
F 6'9" Lebron
F/C 6'10" Anthony
C 6'10" Thomas

BENCH

G 6'1" Patrick
G 6'1" Dennis
G 6'2" Kendrick
G/F 6'5" Austin
G/F 6'4" Lonnie
G/F 6'6" Max
G/F 6'6" Troy
F/C 6'9" Wenyen
C 6'11" Damian

G 6'1" Scotty (T-W)
F 6'9" Cole (T-W)

Make smart rotations.

When Kendrick is on the floor, play him with size, similar to Patty Mills with Rudy Gay in San Antonio. You don't want to create the Brooklyn situation with Kyrie, Seth, Patty in which Boston (specifically Grant Williams) just shot over the top of them.

They can run Austin at 1 with Kendrick at 2, but I obviously prefer Lonnie over Kendrick at 2.

G 6'1" Patrick (needs minutes)
G 6'1" Dennis (needs minutes)
G/F 6'5" Austin (needs minutes)
G/F 6'4" Lonnie (needs minutes)
C 6'11" Damian (needs minutes)
G/F 6'6" Troy
G 6'2" Kendrick

I'm assuming 0 minutes for Gabriel and Christie. Even if we give Troy and Nunn 0 minutes as well, we still need to go 10 deep. Too many players in overlapping roles. That "bench' is really 4 guards deep, not a single wing and a center. Sure, you can play Brown but...then who doesn't get minutes? Not even talking about playing Nunn either.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

AD/JTA/LBJ (22/16/10)

AD - 30
LBJ - 30
Bev - 24
Russ - 24
Schroder - 20
Walker - 20
Reaves - 20
Jones - 20
Bryant - 20
JTA - 16
Brown - 8

You think Schroder and Beverly are going to start over Westbrook?

And Jones will start over Bryant?
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

AD/JTA/LBJ (22/16/10)

AD - 30
LBJ - 30
Bev - 24
Russ - 24
Schroder - 20
Walker - 20
Reaves - 20
Jones - 20
Bryant - 20
JTA - 16
Brown - 8

You think Schroder and Beverly are going to start over Westbrook?

And Jones will start over Bryant?

initially no, i expect russ to start in which case i expect bryant. but if russ plays better off running second units then i think bryant gets matched to russ because he can stretch the floor.

a complete second unit of russ, bryant and with avg shooting from jta/reaves/walker could be real interesting. lots of smarts, potential shooting in that. big "if" on the shooting improving though
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 433, 434, 435 ... 2556, 2557, 2558  Next
Page 434 of 2558
Jump to: