Jeannie Buss throws SHADE at...Lebron? Klutch Sports?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:57 am    Post subject:

It makes no sense if she was trying to use Kobe to complain about being pressured to make moves. Kobe famously requested a trade from the Lakers. He only calmed down after the Lakers traded for Pau. That was him pressuring the front office to make moves.

A lot of stars will try to pressure their front offices to upgrade the roster if they feel like they don't have a competitive team. LeBron is hardly alone in that. The guys that haven't had to pressure their front offices had all time great front offices that always gave their stars competitive teams.

It's hard for me to believe that she forgot about Kobe asking to be traded, so I don't think she was trying to make that analogy
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:06 am    Post subject:

“What I’m not allowed to say”…

What is she not allowed to say?… Anything about a player contracted with another team because it’s tampering. She is talking about Kyrie who doesn’t put team first.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject:

As an owner, just tweet positive notes of your team/players. Never anything cryptic or can be viewed as cryptic. Is that so hard to ask
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

McMenamin: “Jeanie’s tweet is not helping business get done at a high level”.

https://spoti.fi/3bI09qi
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Imagine owning a billion dollar business and tweeting (bleep) like that
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

There’s a recap of it on Reddit:

Quote:
McMenamin and Windhorst criticizing Jeanie’s tweet saying she should’ve kept it in house because being an owner for some years now, she knows her words are powerful.

That Jeanie’s tweet was “of course” about LeBron wanting the Lakers to trade for Kyrie, and Jeanie seemingly not happy about it.

McMenamin even said that Lakers has had a crisis in leadership which led to a player like LeBron, who has a clear vision of how to win, able to wield some influence in decision making. Even said that’s something Kobe would’ve also done if he was still around the Lakers especially now that one of his best friends, Pelinka, is the Lakers GM.

McMenamin ends with, “You better as a franchise maximize LeBron’s prime and try to add some banners and trophies. That’s what everyone in LA should be aligned with. If it’s cost prohibitive to do so, you have to think who you are as a franchise if you claim all you care about are titles. That’s not NBA in 2022 if you try to penny pinch and hoist Larry O’Brien trophies at the same time.”

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

This tweet was directed and LeKlutch. I'm sure they're trying to get the Lakers to fork over draft capital for Kyrie and the Lakers management doesn't want to do it.

Historically, the Lakers have capitulated to star players but they just came off a 33 win year, Lebron will be 38 and is a pending FA. Of course LeKlutch cares little about future draft assets for the Lakers and just wants the best team now.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject:

IMO Jeannie told Klutch that if you want me to kick in draft picks to get Kyrie, LBJ needs to sign an extension. Team before self.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

Why would Jeanie want to tie herself to multiple years of Klutch if she's already unhappy with him?

It would be one thing selling your soul for a 27 year old LBJ but for a 37 year old it seems crazy to do it if you aren't getting along.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Why would Jeanie want to tie herself to multiple years of Klutch if she's already unhappy with him?

It would be one thing selling your soul for a 27 year old LBJ but for a 37 year old it seems crazy to do it if you aren't getting along.

Because she and Rob have no plans outside of Klutch. They saved them both by bringing LBJ and AD here. Gave them a 2020 ring so they can say that they were the smart ones who made it all happen.

There is not much worthwhile in the 2023 FA class.

2024 is barren with KAT/Booker already extended, and likely Murray/Brown all extending.

And we have a pick swap in 23, and Pels can choose to take our picks in 24 or 25, so tanking is out of the question.

She really has no other way out at this point.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Because she and Rob have no plans outside of Klutch. They saved them both by bringing LBJ and AD here. Gave them a 2020 ring so they can say that they were the smart ones who made it all happen.

There is not much worthwhile in the 2023 FA class.

2024 is barren with KAT/Booker already extended, and likely Murray/Brown all extending.

And we have a pick swap in 23, and Pels can choose to take our picks in 24 or 25, so tanking is out of the question.

She really has no other way out at this point.

Again, as one of the number one Klutch detractors... I give Jeanie zero credit for the 2020 title.

I give LBJ and Klutch credit for that just as I give them the blame for the mess we are in now.

I would give her credit if she kicked them loose though.

No one thinks Jeanie did anything there.

Here is where she can make or break her name because without Kyrie, LBJ isn't taking her any further.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Here is where she can make or break her name because without Kyrie, LBJ isn't taking her any further.

For the reasons I stated above, she is out of options. Can't tank, and no meaningful FAs in 23/24. Klutch saved her, and they remain the only option for her most likely.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

For the reasons I stated above, she is out of options. Can't tank, and no meaningful FAs in 23/24. Klutch saved her, and they remain the only option for her most likely.

Then she truly has no vision of her own.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

That hasn't been obvious since what, 2015?

Every FA period she is chasing a 3 max FA philosophy. Not interested in team building, just getting 3 "max stars."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
“What I’m not allowed to say”…

What is she not allowed to say?… Anything about a player contracted with another team because it’s tampering. She is talking about Kyrie who doesn’t put team first.

That's the key phrase if we are going Zapruder film on this on. I mean I read it as talking about a player with another team. That's the area she's not allowed to talk about.

She can say whatever she wants about her own players.

(Edit: It could also be referencing last year's pressure to also sign Westbrook and how this is a similar scenario of trying to get a guy who doesn't really put team first.)

Last edited by DancingBarry on Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

There’s a recap of it on Reddit:

Quote:
McMenamin and Windhorst criticizing Jeanie’s tweet saying she should’ve kept it in house because being an owner for some years now, she knows her words are powerful.

That Jeanie’s tweet was “of course” about LeBron wanting the Lakers to trade for Kyrie, and Jeanie seemingly not happy about it.

McMenamin even said that Lakers has had a crisis in leadership which led to a player like LeBron, who has a clear vision of how to win, able to wield some influence in decision making. Even said that’s something Kobe would’ve also done if he was still around the Lakers especially now that one of his best friends, Pelinka, is the Lakers GM.

McMenamin ends with, “You better as a franchise maximize LeBron’s prime and try to add some banners and trophies. That’s what everyone in LA should be aligned with. If it’s cost prohibitive to do so, you have to think who you are as a franchise if you claim all you care about are titles. That’s not NBA in 2022 if you try to penny pinch and hoist Larry O’Brien trophies at the same time.”

It’s been pretty obvious to me and some others here, that it’s about the money. I highly doubt it’s about draft picks 5yrs from now. The immediate future has us pegged as potential repeat tax offenders. Our FO ain’t worried about losing their jobs with picks that are half a decade away. It’s about how much they are going to cost Jeanie this year and potentially next, that they have to worry about.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Every FA period she is chasing a 3 max FA philosophy. Not interested in team building, just getting 3 "max stars."

Nah, they were team building until the Christmas when LBJ tore his groin and got impatient.

They she put his faith into him when they went all in for AD.

And they did get that title.

But I did predict we were spreading ourselves way too thin and that's what happened.

I know you think we still could have competed if AD didn't get hurt two seasons ago... but that was more a function of a lot of teams being injured as well.

Once LBJ started treating our players like disposable wipes... that's when I turned against him and our hope at establishing a true team identity went down the toilet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Nah, they were team building until the Christmas when LBJ tore his groin and got impatient.

But I did predict we were spreading ourselves way too thin and that's what happened.

I know you think we still could have competed if AD didn't get hurt two seasons ago... but that was more a function of a lot of teams being injured as well.

Once LBJ started treating our players like disposable wipes... that's when I turned against him and our hope at establishing a true team identity went down the toilet.

Missing the point. You're mentioning LBJ...he and Klutch steered themselves to the Lakers. They were a panacea until some people considering them a parasite now. I think they are the only solution for her now.

LBJ/AD were wrong to go after Russ. Jeanie/Rob are to blame as they are the only ones who could sign off on that trade.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
IMO Jeannie told Klutch that if you want me to kick in draft picks to get Kyrie, LBJ needs to sign an extension. Team before self.

If that’s the case…then that’s fair. Can’t make all these requests and leave us screwed if it doesn’t work out.

We’ll give you what u want Lebron, but if we cater to u, we are gonna sink or swim together. Can’t bail on this mess if we can’t.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

If that’s the case…then that’s fair. Can’t make all these requests and leave us screwed if it doesn’t work out.

We’ll give you what u want Lebron, but if we cater to u, we are gonna sink or swim together. Can’t bail on this mess if we can’t.

it does, but Kyrie/AD are tight and are a better duo than bron ad. So there really isn't any downside from lakers position.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

The whole thing is just whack you have an owner who holds ALL the cards but crying like she’s a victim being held hostage by LeBron and Klutch.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Missing the point. You're mentioning LBJ...he and Klutch steered themselves to the Lakers. They were a panacea until some people considering them a parasite now. I think they are the only solution for her now.

LBJ/AD were wrong to go after Russ. Jeanie/Rob are to blame as they are the only ones who could sign off on that trade.

I don't think of LBJ as a parasite.

He's one of the all time greats as a player.

I just think he's a know it all when it comes to personnel... and though anyone will admit he's a brilliant basketball player and strategist on the court... that doesn't always translate to the front office.

Look how he touted THT... it's not like LBJ has predicted the rise of Luka and Scottie Barnes and all the players who have emerged from obscurity.

As a basketball player there are a less than a handful of players who are in his class... but as a de facto executive he has not shown the same elite skill set.

And Jeanie is now realizing he's not infallible and this is now creating some tension that didn't exist previously.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

it does, but Kyrie/AD are tight and are a better duo than bron ad. So there really isn't any downside from lakers position.

Better duo than LBJ/AD? Let's not get carried away here. That's a proven duo that won a championship.

But a trio of them would really insulate the inevitable injuries that will happen much better than LBJ/AD/Russ.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

This makes the most sense that Jeannie wants to get LBJ to commit, just like her other franchise players have in the past (except for that one off season with Kobe and Shaq situation). She doesn't want to mortgage the future, pay tons in taxes, AND lose LBJ (and the recurring revenue he brings) just to get Kyrie and a chance to win a single title.

Klutch and LBJ are notorious for never committing, leaving teams in a haste, and for the most part a disaster behind them. This is her trying to stop that from happening again.

ORRRR

She's just cheap, in over her head and doesn't know how to progress forward with the franchise.

I really hope it's the former, and not the latter.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

We won the trade, but lost the negotiation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: