Kyrie Irving - Staying in Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:49 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Irving is a head case, he burned bridges with the Cavs, he burned bridges with the Celtics, he started things burning with the Nets..

His decision not to get a simple COVID shot, ruffled lots of feathers..

Hell yes, he is talented, um, so was Westbrook..

But once a head case, always a head case, just ask Rodman...

3X NBA Champion Rodman?

NBA is full of headcases, which is why the Phil Jacksons, Pat Rileys & Gregg Popovich's are 20+ year icons in the league. X's & O's are tertiary concerns - player/ego/chemistry management are primary for a head coach.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Irving is a head case, he burned bridges with the Cavs, he burned bridges with the Celtics, he started things burning with the Nets..

Kyrie making a personal decision not to be vaccinated means he is a head case? How you figure?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Time to send this thread to the graveyard.

It looks that way.

I was hoping we could somehow fleece them for Kyrie Irving and lose Westbrook in the process but of course that was not based in reality.

Once Durant caved, the dream died.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie was never coming here. Check my post on page 2. It's shocking that some of you still fall for the LeMedia lies and propaganda. Every off-season the media is given their marching order to get lebron more "help". Next off-season will be no different, and the one after that and the one after that. If the player is not a klutch client he has no desire to be on this team. If you want to dream I get it, but that's all it is at the end of the day.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Kyrie making a personal decision not to be vaccinated means he is a head case? How you figure?

Have you been following him? Yeah he’s a heck of a player but he says a lot of stupid *** and you know that.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Umm he's a flat earther
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Would that it stopped there

Kyrie is craze with a basketball in his hand there’s no question. But he has issues. Definitely a couple of issues happening there lol
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm not a Stan just offering some of the good stuff about Kyrie since many of us think he is crazy

He might be a bit of an enigma but I appreciate his honesty of thought.. not that I agree just that people are free to express their uniqueness. I believe he recently accepted his flat earth concept was incorrect.

He seems to be a caring dude off the court

https://www.netsdaily.com/2021/7/28/22599076/for-kyrie-irving-another-big-effort-bringing-clean-water-to-a-pakistani-village
Quote:
“I really want to emphasize, is that Kyrie is very private with his donations,” he told NetsDaily. “Whenever they make a donation you never see any sort of a press release, I think it was just by the stroke of luck on the Internet that this post gained the traction that It did. Because he’s very private about all of his philanthropic endeavors.”

Indeed, he has, from donating a million pieces of PPE to his late mother’s tribal reservation during the height of the pandemic to buying a house for George Floyd’s family in Minneapolis. Pakistan isn’t his first international endeavor either. He’s also recently helped with African water projects.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2021/1/1/22209681/kyrie-irvings-holiday-giving-continues-his-legacy
Quote:
yrie Irving’s KAI Family Foundation has been particularly active during the COVID-19 pandemic. SInce March, Irving has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to food banks, hundreds of thousands of meals to hungry, thousands of pieces of personal protective equipment to his late mom’s Sioux nation in the Dakotas as well as $1.5 million to help those WNBA players who couldn’t participate in the Bradenton “wubble.”

He also has personally distributed Thanksgiving turkeys to disadvantaged families in his two New York area “hometowns,” one in New Jersey, the other in the Bronx.

Now, with the holiday season upon us, Irving has broadened his giving with his “11 Days of Giving,” As Brandon “Scoop B” Robinson reports Friday, the list is varied...

—Donating school supplies to 25 teenage girls in Kenya, Africa

—Donating 100 Book Bags to kids is Newark, NJ

—Donating money to Moms of Black Boys United for Social Change. In Brooklyn, N.Y.

And in the most dramatic move, Irving agreed to pay the tuition of nine students at Lincoln University, a historically black university in Pennsylvania. Here, as tweeted by Alex Schiffer, is the video of the students’ reaction...

Irving made the donation December 10, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.but not revealed until Thursday. The “11 Days of Giving” ran from December 1 through 11.

“I’m grateful for all you young leaders,” Irving told the students in a video released by KAI Family Foundation. “I wouldn’t be sitting in my position and embracing who I am without knowing where I come from and people helping me along the way, so just paying it forward. I’ve committed to my service a long time ago and I’m walking the steps now and I want the same for others.”

Kyrie Irving on flat-Earth comments: 'I'm sorry'
https://www.nba.com/news/kyrie-irving-regrets-flat-earth-comments
Quote:
“I do research on both sides,” Irving said at the time. “I’m not against anyone that thinks the Earth is round. I’m not against anyone that thinks it’s flat. I just love hearing the debate.”

He said Monday he’d like to have the matter put to rest, and noted that this escapade was a good lesson of how words that come from influential people can have enormous power.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:12 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Would that it stopped there

Kyrie is craze with a basketball in his hand there’s no question. But he has issues. Definitely a couple of issues happening there lol

They added in not taking the vaccine as a reason to being a head case. I wanna know specifically how his personal decision (possibly based on his spirituality and religious beliefs) makes him a head case.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
They added in not taking the vaccine as a reason to being a head case. I wanna know specifically how his personal decision (possibly based on his spirituality and religious beliefs) makes him a head case.

It wasn't based on his spirituality and religious beliefs. If it was, I'd regard his decision differently. There are an awful lot of people in this country who didn't want to get vaccinated but who did it because their jobs required it. I'm talking about literally millions of regular people, plus dozens of NBA players. What a shock that Kyrie Irving was the exception.

Anyway, the general vaccine discussion belongs in OT or someplace like that. I know you didn't bring it up, but this is still true. This is not the place to debate the merits of the anti-vax position. But regardless of how you feel about the vaccine, Irving's refusal to get vaccinated is going to color the way a lot of people think about him. In a team sport, it is not a good look to be the guy who isn't willing to make a sacrifice. Ask Aaron Rodgers about that.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:51 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
3X NBA Champion Rodman?

Your point stands. But I just wanted to give Rodman even more credit to accentuate it. He won two titles with the Pistons as well, before joining the Bulls. So he's a 5x champion.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject:

He was just using the Lakers to solicit a max deal from Brooklyn. When the Nets didn't cave, he was like "alright, I'll play out this season." I've never wished this on anybody but I hope he gets hurt. He deserves it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
He was just using the Lakers to solicit a max deal from Brooklyn. When the Nets didn't cave, he was like "alright, I'll play out this season" I've never wished this on anybody but I hope he gets hurt. He deserves it.

Let’s be realistic, only reason why we wanted him was because he would have been a significant more better fit then Westbrook, we all know he’s a prick which is why his teams always have issues, actually I’m warming up to the Jazz and Pacers possibility, were we might get guys like Bojan/Beverly/Fournier/Turner.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
He was just using the Lakers to solicit a max deal from Brooklyn. When the Nets didn't cave, he was like "alright, I'll play out this season" I've never wished this on anybody but I hope he gets hurt. He deserves it.

Let’s be realistic, only reason why we wanted him was because he would have been a significant more better fit then Westbrook, we all know he’s a prick which is why his teams always have issues, actually I’m warming up the to Jazz and Pacers possibility, were we might get guys like Bojan/Beverly/Fournier and vice versa.

Those guys just aren't good enough. I really don't want to give up our frps just so we could have a playoff team. I could see us as first or second round exit at best and I don't want that. I want a legit championship contender.

Those draft picks are literally our only assets left assuming we're still building around AD and Lebron.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

Lakers are having the same similar thoughts as you, which is why they have reached out to the Jazz about a Donovan Mitchell trade, now I’m not sure how we get him if AD isn’t heading out, Westbrook and a whole bunch of sweetners and picks isn’t good enough because other teams can beat that offer.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

Cuffs troll’n again haha

Quote:
73-9 and THEY LIED
@CuffsTheLegend
Laker Nation wanted #11 to take the elevator to LA but he’ll just have to take the stairs

was Kyrie at that meeting?? Ummmm… 👀 🤣🤣🤣

It’s already been said, but if it’s via free agency, we would have to gouge our cap sheet & aggressively shed salary next summer just to get Ky to 11m shy of his true max.

And if it’s via trade, on Dec 15th we would have to tip the scales and conduct a likely 7 for 1 in-season trade to salary match for Ky’s deal using THT/Nunn/Walker/Stan/Damien + a couple of minimum type deals (Gabriel + MaxC) if BK is still adamant in not wanting to take on Russ.

Never say never in this NBA climate, but that elewaitor ain’t coming to our floor anytime soon imho. But it sure would be worth the weight.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject:

Sigh, so this thread is… done? Too good to be true I guess
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Cuffs troll’n again haha

Quote:
73-9 and THEY LIED
@CuffsTheLegend
Laker Nation wanted #11 to take the elevator to LA but he’ll just have to take the stairs

It’s already been said, but if it’s via free agency, we would have to gouge our cap sheet & aggressively shed salary next summer just to get Ky to 11m shy of his true max.

And if it’s via trade, on Dec 15th we would have to tip the scales and conduct a likely 7 for 1 in-season trade to salary match for Ky’s deal using THT/Nunn/Walker/Stan/Damien + a couple of minimum type deals (Gabriel + MaxC) if BK is still adamant in not wanting to take on Russ.

Never say never in this NBA climate, but that elewaitor ain’t coming to our floor anytime soon imho. But it sure would be worth the weight.

Russ, THT, 27 & 29 1sts for Beverly, Bojan, and Beasley gets you as close as we can to max money.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Cuffs troll’n again haha

Quote:
73-9 and THEY LIED
@CuffsTheLegend

at this point no way can the Lakers sit around and plan and wait for a possible Kyrie free agency push next season. We have to move on to plan B, C for Westbrook. If the best package involves a player thats locked up for more than one season then so be it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sigh, so this thread is… done? Too good to be true I guess

It’s done just like the KG thread/Kawhi thread/Carmelo thread/Paul George thread and the rest of the players we had hopes of coming here but didn’t.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Cuffs troll’n again haha

Quote:
73-9 and THEY LIED
@CuffsTheLegend

Russ, THT, 27 & 29 1sts for Beverly, Bojan, and Beasley gets you as close as we can to max money.

Well I guess PatBev is out unless this deal expands by tomorrow.

But I agree that Russ should be broken into many parts so that if Ky does come up later, we got the salary flex to do it in-season without much roster upheaval. The key is to keep at least one FRP to hopefully entice BK with if they are willing to part with Ky later this season.

@Gov: we’ve seen some crazy ish, so I wouldn’t call this thread dead just yet…but it’s definitely about to “flat”-line…with a BK extension all but killing it.

FYI: we have just about 35m in cap space next summer to offer Ky now. That would be roughly 13m off his true 35% max.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yossi Gozlan
@YossiGozlan

Lakers are now projected to generate close to $30M in 2023 cap space now that they don't need to worry about Horton-Tucker's $11M player option for next season. That too can change if they extend Beverley or other players they potentially acquire for Westbrook.

Don't close this thread yet.
If Kyrie doesn't re-sign, we might have to deal with a year more of this. LOL.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Yossi Gozlan
@YossiGozlan

Lakers are now projected to generate close to $30M in 2023 cap space now that they don't need to worry about Horton-Tucker's $11M player option for next season. That too can change if they extend Beverley or other players they potentially acquire for Westbrook.

It still would require Kyrie to take a massive haircut, and I don't project players to take huge paycuts.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Yossi Gozlan
@YossiGozlan

It’s gonna be Draymond
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

^Thats a pretty good assumption to make. 30mish is right about the number Dray would be at if he elected to go the FA route. Asking Ky to take that amount is a huge ask, but you never know. One thing is certain, if Ky does end up coming via cap space, he will be making less than he currently is now (36.8m at the very most with our cap space via Damien opting out of his player option & MaxC’s 1.7m traded out & replaced by a 1.1m IR charge instead VS Ky’s current 36.9m BK deal this season).

As for keeping the #KieInTheSky alive…

Quote:
When Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks issued a statement earlier this week that Kevin Durant is essentially staying put, the Los Angeles Lakers’ dream of acquiring Kyrie Irving seemed all but dead.

But according to Alex Schiffer, a beat writer who covers the Nets for The Athletic, people in Los Angeles still think the Purple and Gold will eventually land the seven-time All-Star.

You talk to people over in Los Angeles, they still really feel like Kyrie is coming to them next year,” said Schiffer. “I’m curious to see how that goes over with recent events.”

As of now, the only viable way for the Lakers to get their hands on Irving would be to clear enough cap space to sign him as a free agent next summer after his current contract expires. But Schiffer thinks there still may be a chance the Lakers trade for Irving in a few months.

“I’ve wondered still, if the Nets season goes by the wayside with Kyrie as an attractive rental piece to someone at the deadline, do they swap a deal to get assets back for him?” Schiffer speculated. “I don’t necessarily think today’s news puts it off the table.”

https://lakersdaily.com/nets-insider-says-some-people-in-l-a-still-really-feel-like-kyrie-irving-will-join-lakers-next-year/

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 31 of 72
Jump to: