Kyrie Irving - Staying in Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:
I don't understand the Kyrie and Kawhi comparisons at all.

KL was a free agent wanting to come home and we had max money. He just didn't want to be a co start to LeBron.

KI is under contract and would be acquired via trade - regardless of how low his value is.

Waiting for Kawhi was stupid. Not going all in for Kyrie is also stupid but that's really where the comparisons stop.

It seems that you stop reading my post once you got to some thing that affected you emotionally. You should read the whole thing and it may give you more clarity.

Dear Dr. Phil,

Your post says nothing of significance nor was I talking to or about you.

God bless.

Why are you now talking to Dr. Phil; like he is registered to LG and said some thing, but quoted my post? I hope you're ok.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

News from Shams

Quote:
NBA on TNT
@NBAonTNT

The Nets and Celtics entered trade discussions for Kevin Durant, per @ShamsCharania

Boston reportedly offered Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and a draft pick for Durant, but the Nets also wanted Marcus Smart, more draft picks and potentially one more rotation player

I'm for KD to Boston if it's for JB and Smart.
KD and Tatum will be interesting. My turn, your turn offense again?

Either way, make way for Kyrie to LA!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:
I don't understand the Kyrie and Kawhi comparisons at all.

KL was a free agent wanting to come home and we had max money. He just didn't want to be a co start to LeBron.

KI is under contract and would be acquired via trade - regardless of how low his value is.

Waiting for Kawhi was stupid. Not going all in for Kyrie is also stupid but that's really where the comparisons stop.

It seems that you stop reading my post once you got to some thing that affected you emotionally. You should read the whole thing and it may give you more clarity.

Dear Dr. Phil,

Your post says nothing of significance nor was I talking to or about you.

God bless.

Why are you now talking to Dr. Phil; like he is registered to LG and said some thing, but quoted my post? I hope you're ok.

Let's please stop the personal commentary back and forth and stick to basketball comments. Thanks.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
News from Shams

Quote:
NBA on TNT
@NBAonTNT

The Nets and Celtics entered trade discussions for Kevin Durant, per @ShamsCharania

Boston reportedly offered Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and a draft pick for Durant, but the Nets also wanted Marcus Smart, more draft picks and potentially one more rotation player

I'm for KD to Boston if it's for JB and Smart.
KD and Tatum will be interesting. My turn, your turn offense again?

Either way, make way for Kyrie to LA!

+1
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

Shams: Ky opted in with the intent of playing out final year in BK w/ or w/o KD there

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1551607131110985728

Fwiw…He also believes that BK ain’t just going to give up Ky. He expects BK to net FRP(s) out of it. Ky is not going to be pawned off for multiple 2nds.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Shams: Ky opted in with the intent of playing out final year in BK w/ or w/o KD there

Fwiw…He also believes that BK ain’t just going to give up Ky. He expects BK to net FRP(s) out of it. Ky is not going to be pawned off for multiple 2nds.

Lines up with Windhorst from the very beginning even before Kyrie opted in, said if the Lakers had offered 2 FRP that Kyrie might likely be a Laker already...
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Lines up with Windhorst from the very beginning even before Kyrie opted in, said if the Lakers had offered 2 FRP that Kyrie might likely be a Laker already...

Sounding more and more like the cost of doing business is BOTH those picks regardless:

A) WB + 2 FRP = An unsigned mercurial 3rd Star + likely some significant lux tax filler from BK

B) WB + 2 FRP = One dimensional chucker who for sure will shoot less % as a Laker + Probable one year rental of a recently injured somewhat redundant center from IND

C) WB + 2 FPR = Conley's large contract but only for 2 years + a couple of short term relatively decent depth pieces from the Jazz

Which Deal or no Deal?
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

All are bad options. Stay pat and ride out another year of mediocrity at best.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:

Hard disagree. Kylie and Seth or Harris for Westbrook and two FRPs is a steal and the Lakers should jump at it.

It costs (at least) one FRP to get rid of Westbrook, and another FRP to get Kyrie (a top 25 player in the league still in his prime who wants to be in LA and is a perfect complement to our two main start). Curry or Harris also fill an important need for the Lakers.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:

Hard disagree. Kylie and Seth or Harris for Westbrook and two FRPs is a steal and the Lakers should jump at it.

It costs (at least) one FRP to get rid of Westbrook, and another FRP to get Kyrie (a top 25 player in the league still in his prime who wants to be in LA and is a perfect complement to our two main stars). Curry or Harris also fill an important need for the Lakers.
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

It costs (at least) one FRP to get rid of Westbrook, and another FRP to get Kyrie (a top 25 player in the league still in his prime who wants to be in LA and is a perfect complement to our two main stars). Curry or Harris also fill an important need for the Lakers.

I’m willingly to state that kyrie could be top 10 worthy playing next to bron. It’s him or nothing
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Is that you LeBron?.... ...just kidding. The major caveat in a deal for KI is not having him under contract beyond this season. He's one of the most unpredictable players in league history so buyer beware!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Sounding more and more like the cost of doing business is BOTH those picks regardless:

A) WB + 2 FRP = An unsigned mercurial 3rd Star + likely some significant lux tax filler from BK

B) WB + 2 FRP = One dimensional chucker who for sure will shoot less % as a Laker + Probable one year rental of a recently injured somewhat redundant center from IND

C) WB + 2 FPR = Conley's large contract but only for 2 years + a couple of short term relatively decent depth pieces from the Jazz

Which Deal or no Deal?

If we can’t get Kyrie, we probably won’t win a championship anyways, so in this case, I’d keep Westbrook and start the rebuild next season. I know it is pain, but we will be back sooner compare to the Mediocre alternatives. Both involves longer contracts.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
markjay wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

I’m willingly to state that kyrie could be top 10 worthy playing next to bron. It’s him or nothing

Kyrie could shift things for us, but if it doesn't due to injuries or other chemistry issues or just his mental state, we're left with nothing. AND there's nothing stopping him from requesting a trade a year or so later (leaving us with no future). I would definitely be happy to have him here, but honestly it's not that great of an option.

Of course, the obvious Q becomes what's the alternative, and I agree, that option ALSO sucks .

Rock and a hard place I guess for us fans and for the front office.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:56 pm    Post subject:

We are sort of screwed either way - hold pat with Russ the season is a waste, make the deal and Kyrie can flake on us and we are screwed for the immediate future. I'm a risk taker so I'd rather roll the dice because the pay off could be huge this year and in the future building around Kyrie/AD.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
We are sort of screwed either way - hold pat with Russ the season is a waste, make the deal and Kyrie can flake on us and we are screwed for the immediate future. I'm a risk taker so I'd rather roll the dice because the pay off could be huge this year and in the future building around Kyrie/AD.

We get Kyrie’s bird rights, also, teams projected to have cap space in 2024 are basically teams like HOU, DET, IND. So imho rolling the dice on Kyrie re-signing is a very good bet.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

We get Kyrie’s bird rights, also, teams projected to have cap space in 2024 are basically teams like HOU, DET, IND. So imho rolling the dice on Kyrie re-signing is a very good bet.

I been wondering about this..about mortgaging the Lakers future.

Is there a way the Lakers can have both?

Lets say Kyrie works out and the Lakers become successful. Doesn't that increase the value of some other players on the team because successful teams tend to have other players that benefit (e.g. Rondo 2020)..which than you can trade away to get draft picks back so you can draft well in the future also?

Or it doesn't really happen that way?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I been wondering about this..about mortgaging the Lakers future.

Is there a way the Lakers can have both?

Lets say Kyrie works out and the Lakers become successful. Doesn't that increase the value of some other players on the team because successful teams tend to have other players that benefit (e.g. Rondo 2020)..which than you can trade away to get draft picks back so you can draft well in the future also?

Or it doesn't really happen that way?

I feel like the opposite happened with Melo, Bazemore, Ariza, Wayne Ellington, D.J. Augustin, etc. Besides Ariza, they probably still have some value as end-of-rotation players, but none of them have been signed.

The halo effect is real. If (hypothetically) Westbrook stayed and bought into defense and team play and we have a successful season, maybe some team would be willing to sign him for the full MLE next summer. But it won't happen, since Westbrook has never really worked on his flaws over the years.

There are plenty of guys who were seemingly crap players on crap teams, then went to a good team and played better, and suddenly they were seen as much more valuable.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

It costs (at least) one FRP to get rid of Westbrook, and another FRP to get Kyrie (a top 25 player in the league still in his prime who wants to be in LA and is a perfect complement to our two main start). Curry or Harris also fill an important need for the Lakers.

Brooklyn has been adamant about not taking Westbrook, what is the work around for that?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Kyrie turns 31 this season and is made of glass. Would we really want to give him a max contract?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject:

As an armchair GM I would sign Kyrie to a 2-year contract 2nd-year team option. I don't trust him to show up.

Lakers Rumors: NBA Insider Predicts LA Landing Kyrie Irving and Buddy Hield

BY ERIC EULAU ALL LAKERS | NEWS, RUMORS, VIDEOS, SCHEDULE, ROSTER, SALARIES AND MORE UPDATED JULY 25, 2022 7:35 PM

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
As an armchair GM I would sign Kyrie to a 2-year contract 2nd-year team option. I don't trust him to show up.

BY ERIC EULAU ALL LAKERS | NEWS, RUMORS, VIDEOS, SCHEDULE, ROSTER, SALARIES AND MORE UPDATED JULY 25, 2022 7:35 PM

LINK

But if 2 years would get it done, the nets would have signed him.

He’s trying to secure a 4 yr max so that he can do whatever he wants with no consequences.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

This is still open? I thought we moved on from this.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

But if 2 years would get it done, the nets would have signed him.

He’s trying to secure a 4 yr max so that he can do whatever he wants with no consequences.

As I said If I were GM that's what I'd do.

I think Kyrie is a super-star. He's also a head case. To coin a phrase "You can't let the inmates run the asylum."

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject:

Trade for Kyrie, see how this season plays out. Lakers have more leverage here being that they now control Kyrie’s bird rights. As long as there’s no more vaccine mandates I think Lakers and Kyrie can work out a long term relationship.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 24 of 72
Jump to: