Kyrie Irving - Staying in Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Key is not giving up 2 picks. Maybe a pick and swap, or lottery protect

But really can’t give up two unprotected picks that far out

If we got Kyrie/Harris/Seth…..maybe, that is a massive upgrade. Still would try to avoid 2 picks
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Harris Seth & Kyrie would give us tremendous spacing. Not really sure the trepidation on our part to want all 3. It’s not like we wouldn’t be able to move one later in the season if we really wanted to.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject:

So they’re forcing Harris on us who would bleed into our potential 2023 cap plan. But then won’t Ky & Bron be doing just that next summer if we’re intending to keep them (via their bird rights & associated capholds)? Let’s say Bron & Ky both take a haircut and come back for 35m per each, then that would leave us about 15m in potential cap space (on a projected 133m salary cap) if we got rid of everybody else and only had 9 IR charges along with those 3 on our books. I would say about 15m in cap ain’t really going to make or break a Bron/Ky/AD led team.

If we weren’t already telegraphing our aversion for the repeater tax, this Haynes report puts it on full blast haha.

FYI: Russ’s deal can bring in as much as 59m in salary by himself. Ky (w/up to 3m of his 5.5m trade kicker activated) + JHarris’s 18.6m deal can be had with just Russ’s salary alone.

We would not need to add any additional salary to match. So if THT is involved and swapped for JHarris, it was because BK valued him and did not mind paying the associated tax on him. Because, they don’t need THT included for the deal to be legal and if they’re trying to minimize their own tax hit this year, then the inclusion of THT or any other LA salaried player is because we negotiated BK to take them on so that we could minimize our tax hit and our likelihood to be a repeat tax offender next summer.

That’s something to definitely keep our eye on.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Quote:
Brooklyn Nets maintain discussions have only been preliminary at this point, sources say.

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/1543385018155671552?s=21

I’m not super excited about Kyrie anyway but I can’t be letting these folks work my nerves with this backpedaling back-and-forth.

Nets leaking this to see if any other team has something better than the Lakers lowball of an offer.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

If we got Kyrie/Harris/Seth…..maybe, that is a massive upgrade. Still would try to avoid 2 picks

If we can offload Russ and THT and also get Harris and Seth, then Im totally fine giving them two FRPs. We fix our starting lineup with one trade
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Quote:
Brooklyn Nets maintain discussions have only been preliminary at this point, sources say.

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/1543385018155671552?s=21

I’m not super excited about Kyrie anyway but I can’t be letting these folks work my nerves with this backpedaling back-and-forth.

Nets leaking this to see if any other team has something better than the Lakers lowball of an offer.

Won’t work, Kyrie isn’t your typical rental - the guy will blow up your team if he isn’t happy. I don’t see anyone else giving up picks that’s for sure.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Only a contender would want to deal with the headache..

And which contender is going to give up assets for him at this point?

I don’t see it. He has a mind of his own and if he doesn’t want to be there he’s going to make your team miserable.

Maybe a team looking for an expiring contract? Maybe.. but then it’ll just lead to a buyout, most likely. So he gets to choose his team in the end anyways, unless the team just buries him on the bench and doesn’t buy him out?

League wide conspiracy against the Lakers? Who knows.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

I'd give up 2 picks easily for that. Yeah they might be good picks but I'll give that up for a contending team this year and next year.

I mean you're getting Kyrie, who is many tiers above Russ.

Seth would instantly become our 4th best player and our best shooter.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
So they’re forcing Harris on us who would bleed into our potential 2023 cap plan. But then won’t Ky & Bron be doing just that next summer if we’re intending to keep them (via their bird rights & associated capholds)? Let’s say Bron & Ky both take a haircut and come back for 35m per each, then that would leave us about 15m in potential cap space (on a projected 133m salary cap) if we got rid of everybody else and only had 9 IR charges along with those 3 on our books. I would say about 15m in cap ain’t really going to make or break a Bron/Ky/AD led team.

If we weren’t already telegraphing our aversion for the repeater tax, this Haynes report puts it on full blast haha.

FYI: Russ’s deal can bring in as much as 59m in salary by himself. Ky (w/up to 3m of his 5.5m trade kicker activated) + JHarris’s 18.6m deal can be had with just Russ’s salary alone.

We would not need to add any additional salary to match. So if THT is involved and swapped for JHarris, it was because BK valued him and did not mind paying the associated tax on him. Because, they don’t need THT included for the deal to be legal and if they’re trying to minimize their own tax hit this year, then the inclusion of THT or any other LA salaried player is because we negotiated BK to take them on so that we could minimize our tax hit and our likelihood to be a repeat tax offender next summer.

So,potentially,Russ plus two FRP for Kyrie and Harris sounds like a good deal for the Nets.
Gets them a savings of 30 mil(this and next year salary)+ Luxury tax savings.
Which other team is willing to do that?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

This is the kind of trade (including Seth) that can win Rob the executive of the year award if everyone plays and it works out.

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Harris in a heartbeat. Guy is top three shooters in the entire nba! Take him and run. Just had an injured season.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject:

So you guys are gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe again huh. Chris Haynes is a klutch media puppet.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have paid enough for the Westbrick mistake.
But to compound that error by a FRP is stupid mistake.

They both will be unsigned next year and will ask for big bucks
for the team stupid enough to bite.

Plink doesn't seem to realize he gave up Caruso, Kuz, Harrell,
and a First ROumd pick for Westbrick. And the year previous mistake.
And he will continue to bury the Lakers with his mistakes.

I will take a monkey with a dart over Pelinka.
Easy.

No team is going to give the Lakers a break.
Live with your decision but don't do something stupid as I
think he will do.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

So sound like the picks are gone to nets, settled. The haggling is money at this point? Harris’s contract? What’s Jeanie’s red line? Same as last yr which would be if THT is gone too?

Let’s go, one more run with 38yr old Bron, get that chip. Kyrie and AD can figure it out afterwards

Please don’t let KD go to celtics
Brogdon-White-Tatum-KD-Horford… seesh, 3 7footer flame throwers
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
The Lakers have paid enough for the Westbrick mistake.
But to compound that error by a FRP is stupid mistake.

They both will be unsigned next year and will ask for big bucks
for the team stupid enough to bite.

Plink doesn't seem to realize he gave up Caruso, Kuz, Harrell,
and a First ROumd pick for Westbrick. And the year previous mistake.
And he will continue to bury the Lakers with his mistakes.

I will take a monkey with a dart over Pelinka.
Easy.

No team is going to give the Lakers a break.
Live with your decision but don't do something stupid as I
think he will do.

Where would the guys from The Big Short be if they hadn’t made that last margin call and just cut their losses? We’re getting one last margin call on the Westbrook acquisition.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I don’t get why BK would want to do this. For a couple FRP 5-7 years away?!?! Thats the better part of a (bleep) decade. Surely some other team will give them a FRP in the next 2 years for Kyrie. Even if he’s a ridiculous drama queen. Jeremy freaking Grant went for a FRP for the love of god. I’m not buying this.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
I don’t get why BK would want to do this. For a couple FRP 5-7 years away?!?! Thats the better part of a (bleep) decade. Surely some other team will give them a FRP in the next 2 years for Kyrie. Even if he’s a ridiculous drama queen. Jeremy freaking Grant went for a FRP for the love of god. I’m not buying this.

5-7 yrs is when u want the pick, once the stars are aged out so u can make the next GM look good
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

Westbrook is actually a good fit for what they need right now. I think he is still a box office attraction and can keep the interest up in the aftermath of KD. They just need to keep selling tickets and wait it out.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I am wondering if the Nets or Lakers have the upper hand this trade.

I think it’s the Lakers because here what we know seem to be likely facts.

The Nets are going to trade Kylie.
The Lakers are the only interested team
Kyrie wants to the Lakers.

So one way or the other kyrie seems to be going to the Lakers. If the Nets won’t trade him he won’t play for them. Than they may have to buy them out.

So the Lakers perhaps can wait it out and not have to include picks. B
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I will pick Kyrie up at the airport in the Love Bus if this goes through!

Let's GO!
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I know I’m the minority but I would only include one FRP. I would not even include THT or Reaves in the trade. Taking long term contract is acceptable. Even if we get Irving for one year, we still lack defensive players to win the championship. THT’s skill set will thrive without Westbrook and he might be the only asset if we want to acquire a good 3&d wing later
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject:

It feels like Brooklyn shouldn't be throwing the baby (KD) out with the bathwater (Kyrie). If I were them, I'd be seriously looking for a way to retool the roster in a way that brings KD back into the fold. He and a healthy Simmons supported by a decent roster isn't a bad squad.

The issue then may be they know KD has no interest in playing with Russ, so we're back to what we can turn Russ into. Charlotte doesn't have the same interest in an expiring now with Bridges' situation. Indiana has already moved Brogdon. I wonder if there isn't a deal out there to be made between WAS - LAL - BRK.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject:

So do the Nets know Joe Harris is done or something? Or will be out to start the season? Last they said he was expected to be ready for training camp after his latest surgery.

Nets want to get rid of him and Lakers don't want him.

If he is healthy and can be 90% of what he was then I would love to have him. Lakers probably don't want to pay him with the repeater tax the next 2 years of his contract. Which is lame as the Clippers keep paying people left and right.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

So,potentially,Russ plus two FRP for Kyrie and Harris sounds like a good deal for the Nets.
Gets them a savings of 30 mil(this and next year salary)+ Luxury tax savings.
Which other team is willing to do that?

Yep, don’t dump salary if you don’t have to.

If we hold onto THT/Nunn/whomever, then at least we can tweak the roster with their salaries along with Walker/Harris by the trade deadline. Who knows, maybe they up their value in the process playing next to our new trio.

Btw Shams states there are suddenly many suitors, including 6ers & Mavs, for Ky…

https://twitter.com/BallySports/status/1543411947214802946

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
So you guys are gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe again huh. Chris Haynes is a klutch media puppet.

Hosts on the NBATV show "Free Agent Fever" today say the deal is all but fait accompli because the Lakers are the only team that wants Kyrie and the Nets are the only team that will take WB.

Kyrie plus [Harris or Curry] for WB plus [THT or Nunn] and draft capital.

Sticking points are Lakers prefer Curry's shorter deal/health.

Greg Anthony thinks its win-win for both teams. He also says it's best for Brooklyn to deal Kyrie before settling on a Durant deal.

They're basing it on the Haynes report.

The show is running on a loop on NBA TV right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 2 of 72
Jump to: