Kyrie Irving - Staying in Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject:

It was pretty clear that the Kyrie we saw back with LeBron in Cleveland was a legit phenomenal player, someone definitely worth trading the house for.

What has changed? Did LeBron really unlock Kyrie's full potential, or did Kyrie himself just regress?

I don't know how they would ever do it, but just as a fun thought, it would be interesting to have a "fusion" stat that shows player rankings based on how good they are by themselves vs in combination with other players.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject:

lakerlove123 wrote:
It was pretty clear that the Kyrie we saw back with LeBron in Cleveland was a legit phenomenal player, someone definitely worth trading the house for.

What has changed? Did LeBron really unlock Kyrie's full potential, or did Kyrie himself just regress?

I don't know how they would ever do it, but just as a fun thought, it would be interesting to have a "fusion" stat that shows player rankings based on how good they are by themselves vs in combination with other players.

The consideration with Kyrie is his mentality, not his play. He still puts up numbers comparable to the Clev days…consistently 27/5/5 at nearly 50/40/90 year after year. I’m just concerned he’ll discover the sunken civilization of Atlantis, go off to find Eldorado, or need to take a week off to attend a birthday party.

With that, we can’t trade the house for him, but it may be worth the risk trading players that we didn’t use in the last game to exchange him for Dlo.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ Again, that's like saying "what if Westbrook was there instead of DLO."

Doesn't work that way. The opportunity cost of Kyrie is staggering since he wants his max money. So I'm not sure we make the playoffs with Kyrie minus depth, and if we got in the playoffs, not sure we even advance past the Grizz.

Ky at S&T (47m, using trade costs for this summer) would mean we can't afford Rui, no Dennis (b/c we likely can't afford TPMLE), etc. No way we are moving to WCF without those two.

My premise pre deadline was basically Kyrie comes in Russ, Pat Bev, Bryant still go out. They were all going out no matter what imo because Ham couldn’t handle the locker room Bs of them and Nunn.

If the lakers had got a deal done at the trade deadline I think you play mostly Kyrie, Denis, Reaves, Lonnie, Troy, Rui, Gabriel, and AD with Bron hurt … That’s still easily a playoff team out west and it’s easily a better playoff team. Having Kyrie to spread the floor alone changes everything about the way the Warriors or Nuggets play you. Last time Kyrie met Steph, he cooked steph in every way when it mattered in that come back. Kyrie also isn’t scared of Bruce Brown, KCP, and Murray to the point he’s air balling open shots.

My premise this summer is I’m not sure there’s a way to get him that I would ever like. I don’t want max money or years. I don’t want to lose Rui or Reaves. But I will admit his talent is easily what the team needs. I will also admit his talent alone is better than Russel/Vando/Beasley/Bamba … in a vacuum if it’s those 4 to that 1, that 1 is better than them on the court and at a box office.

I’m firmly in the Pelinka always had the pieces in place on the team to win camp; he just didn’t have the locker room policed. Bron, AD, Reaves, Rui, Denis, Lonnie, were all on the team before he shed Russ, Pat, and Bryant. Gabriel and Bryant got him through the season with big minutes. Those core guys were the damn playoff rotation too. Russell was unplayable in a round. Bradley unplayable for the playoffs. Bamba never there. And Vando unplayable for two rounds and he didn’t even bother Murray or Steph as much as Denis did. It’s hard to say Kyrie for those 4 in a vacuum isn’t better, Pelinka used addition by subtraction to make a run, but he’s always provided the pieces to make noise every single damn year

Now wide picture you can argue if ham couldn’t handle Nunn, Russ, Pat, or Bryant being mini malcontents he never could handle Kyrie, and I really can’t argue that. But I’m terms of just basketball, I can look you in the face today and say Conley even in place of Vando, Russell, Bamba, and Bradley and you have a ahot at playing for the ship most likely.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Stein: “Houston will weigh going down that road of making a run for Kyrie in the event they are not able to convince Harden to leave Philadelphia.”

Haynes: “By next week, teams are gonna surface expressing interest in Kyrie.”

https://twitter.com/foxsportsradio/status/1668239225043525634
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:41 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
Stein: “Houston will weigh going down that road of making a run for Kyrie in the event they are not able to convince Harden to leave Philadelphia.”

Wild Wild Wild Scenario

What happens if Houston can get Kyrie and Harden

Imagine the magic Ime Udoka will do when Rafael Stone complete next year's roster that includes Jalen Green, Jabari Smith Jr. and Alperen Sengün - lol!!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:

Wild Wild Wild Scenario

Imagine the magic Ime Udoka will do when Rafael Stone complete next year's roster that includes Jalen Green, Jabari Smith Jr. and Alperen Sengün - lol!!!!

that would be great for us. one less team to go through.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject:

Shams reporting Miami may go for Kyrie… man his market is alive again:

https://twitter.com/fandueltv/status/1668628783182790662
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject:

All a ploy by Kyrie and his camp to extract a max deal of 5 years (max) out of Dallas. Like what assets does Miami have?

Houston may be a legit threat just b/c of pure cap space, but that's it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
All a ploy by Kyrie and his camp to extract a max deal of 5 years (max) out of Dallas. Like what assets does Miami have?

This is Kyrie's last chance to get a max contract and IMO he's doing everything in his power to get that from Dallas. I don't doubt that if we had that max cap space he could walk into he would turn it down but for now he's solely focused on the $$$. I mean, Dallas isn't the worst option either but if it doesn't work, he'll find his way to where he wants to be (or out of where he doesn't) in the future.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Herro and Robinson.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject:

Dallas is as good as any place for Kyrie. he's got Luka Magic and no income tax. plus an owner in mark cuban who's got your back.

anything else is just smoke and mirrors to get the max from dallas IMHO. i'm guessing he's happy in Texas.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Remember when people around this forum was saying we'd get Kyrie for a steal because nobody would want him

There's always desperate teams around
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Remember when people around this forum was saying we'd get Kyrie for a steal because nobody would want him

There's always desperate teams around

no. It wasn't about nobody wanting him. It was about nobody wanting him for the max. That is still left to be determined, but lets see what his $$ ends up being. Most would want Kyrie at the right price. mavs are the only team IMHO that would give him the max.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Dallas is as good as any place for Kyrie. he's got Luka Magic and no income tax. plus an owner in mark cuban who's got your back.

anything else is just smoke and mirrors to get the max from dallas IMHO. i'm guessing he's happy in Texas.

This.
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:09 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Hanging from Rafters"]
lakerlove123 wrote:
I’m just concerned he’ll discover the sunken civilization of Atlantis, go off to find Eldorado, or need to take a week off to attend a birthday party.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject:

Kyrie is staying on the Mavs.

Or he's going to find out what "really happened" on that Oceangate submarine and take the season off to explore.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Derek Lively II will wear No. 2 for the Mavs. Kyrie Irving, should he return to Dallas, has requested No. 11.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1673420607910735891
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Or he's going to find out what "really happened" on that Oceangate submarine and take the season off to explore.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kyrie is staying on the Mavs.

If there wasn't a coverup then why do they call it Ocean"gate"? 👆🤨👆
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully this thread dies after he signs with the Mavs
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject:

any FO stupid enough to sign him to a long term contract deserves everything coming to them. He couldn't hold it together in his contract year. As much as it hurts giving up those assets, Mark Cuban needs to cut his losses and move on. Even if they could sign him for less than the max, he will pout and complain and will miss more games. They were a playoff team before the trade. It's not complicated
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:02 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:

Wild Wild Wild Scenario

If I’m the rockets I would actually pay Kyrie over Harden. It screws Dallas over. They need a gate attraction and he’s the better playoff player. And honestly he’s delusional enough to sell on I view you as a leader and important figure, help me make decisions. They are the one franchise where it’s not crazy to let Kyrie help a front office because their own office is a joke. Plus you got to spend to the floor anyhow, so why not
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I saw Bobby Marks suggest the mavs have Kyrie take a discount in year 1 for them to have their exemption to help the team, but it ignores Kyrie will ask you, why the hell am I taking a discount because y’all gave Hardaway 18M and Kleber 12M
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject:

PRAISE THE LAWEDT KYRIE WON'T BE JOINING THE LAKERS!!!!!!

**TDRock does praise dance gif here**
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:20 pm    Post subject:

This thread has gone flat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 71 of 72
Jump to: