2022 Lakers Summer League News (No more games left)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7605

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

Current squad

Max Christie - SG - #35 pick
Scottie Pippen Jr. - PG (2 way contract)
Cole Swider - SF (2 way contract)
Shareef Oโ€™Neal - PF (SL contract)
Fabian White - F (Exhibit 10)
RJ Cole - PG
_________________
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ–

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22248

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Current squad

Max Christie - SG - #35 pick
Scottie Pippen Jr. - PG (2 way contract)
Cole Swider - SF (2 way contract)
Shareef Oโ€™Neal - PF (SL contract)
Fabian White - F (Exhibit 10)
RJ Cole - PG


No center yet unless they decide to make Oโ€™Neal the center.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 3043
Location: Space City

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Current squad

Max Christie - SG - #35 pick
Scottie Pippen Jr. - PG (2 way contract)
Cole Swider - SF (2 way contract)
Shareef Oโ€™Neal - PF (SL contract)
Fabian White - F (Exhibit 10)
RJ Cole - PG


No center yet unless they decide to make Oโ€™Neal the center.


Like to see them bring in Olivier Sarr. He came in during FA try outs.
_________________
Kyrie in 23
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 116691

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

I swear the Lakers are allergic to looking at 6'7-6'8 athletic wings. Why?
_________________
LBJ missed games:
20-21: 27/72 (37.5% missed)
21-22: 26/82 (31% missed)

AD missed games:
20-21: 36/72 (50% missed)
21-22: 40/82 (48% missed)

Lakers wins and win%:
20-21: 42-30 (58% win)
21-22: 33-49 (40% win)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22248

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I swear the Lakers are allergic to looking at 6'7-6'8 athletic wings. Why?


Itโ€™s like they forgot what made their team successful in 2020.

We were a big ass team in 2020. With players like Lebron, Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma, Anthony Davis, JaVale McGee, Dwight Howard, Markieff Morris. And our smaller players werenโ€™t even that small with KCP and Alex Caruso.

But somehow, some weird thing happened to their brains where they fell in love with going total small ball by constantly having 4 guard lineups while the rest of the league is trending with big yet skilled lineups. See the Raptors, Bucks, and now Thunder as examples.

Drafting yet another guard on a team full of it, then signing another undersized guard for a two way (Scottie Pippen Jr) is just completely irresponsible (although I think SPJ is pretty decent).

I guess they think Max Christie is a wing, but thatโ€™s REALLY stretching it when this team needs to desperately get bigger again.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 1314

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

Jay Huff would be a nice summer league big with this team.
_________________
Go Lakers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1865
Location: Zรผrich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Vitto Brown, who played in Spain last season
_________________
....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7605

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Current squad - updated 2022.0624 13:23

Max Christie - SG - #35 pick
Scottie Pippen Jr. - PG (2 way contract)
Cole Swider - SF (2 way contract)
Shareef Oโ€™Neal - PF (SL contract)
Fabian White - F (Exhibit 10)
RJ Cole - PG
Vitto Brown - F (SL contract)
Javante McCoy - G (Exhibit 10)
_________________
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ–

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 46744

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/6/24/23181430/lakers-rumors-cole-swider-two-way-contract-summer-league-roster-fabian-white-rj-cole
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7605

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Forward Paris Bass, who spent time with both the Phoenix Suns and the South Bay Lakers last season, will play for the Los Angeles Lakers summer league team in Las Vegas, his agent Daniel Hazan of Hazan Sports Management told ESPN


One more.
_________________
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ–

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 46744

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Javante McCoy, Fabian White To Sign Exhibit 10 Deal With Lakers

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/06/javante-mccoy-to-sign-exhibit-10-deal-with-lakers.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 Jun 2017
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I swear the Lakers are allergic to looking at 6'7-6'8 athletic wings. Why?


Itโ€™s really sad. I used to think it was a Mitch Kupchak and the triangle thing but since heโ€™s been in Charlotte all he does is draft athletic freaks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 1439

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Did the California classic get canceled? Wonder why there is no mention of it and all I see in the lakers.com site is the Las Vegas summer league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7605

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Did the California classic get canceled? Wonder why there is no mention of it and all I see in the lakers.com site is the Las Vegas summer league.


Not that I know of.
The Cali classic dates are on the first page.
_________________
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ–

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 14361

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject:

Lakers had the GOAT summer league team in 2017: https://www.nba.com/resources/static/team/v2/lakers/files/Lakers-17-Summer-League-Guide.pdf . It's not a surprise they won the SL chip, even with Zo missing the final games, and BI being shut down after the 1st game. The year after that, Josh Hart singlehandedly lead them to the finals, only to lose to the Blazers. Though short-lived, the excitement and hype was off the charts. Lots of optimism and hope for the future. Good times.

However, I haven't been keeping up these last few years. Summer league is usually exciting for me, but it died down after the Pelinka administration discarded the picks/youth like candy. It's all about the "big names", and they keep missing the forest for the trees. Seems like young talent is just an afterthought to them these days, but I'm surprised they were able to get the 35th pick. It's a start.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." โ€” Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21852

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:24 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Lakers had the GOAT summer league team in 2017: https://www.nba.com/resources/static/team/v2/lakers/files/Lakers-17-Summer-League-Guide.pdf . It's not a surprise they won the SL chip, even with Zo missing the final games, and BI being shut down after the 1st game. The year after that, Josh Hart singlehandedly lead them to the finals, only to lose to the Blazers. Though short-lived, the excitement and hype was off the charts. Lots of optimism and hope for the future. Good times.

However, I haven't been keeping up these last few years. Summer league is usually exciting for me, but it died down after the Pelinka administration discarded the picks/youth like candy. It's all about the "big names", and they keep missing the forest for the trees. Seems like young talent is just an afterthought to them these days, but I'm surprised they were able to get the 35th pick. It's a start.


that first play, I think Zo alley to BI, man, People losing it with every Zubac dunk, such high hope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 14361

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Lakers had the GOAT summer league team in 2017: https://www.nba.com/resources/static/team/v2/lakers/files/Lakers-17-Summer-League-Guide.pdf . It's not a surprise they won the SL chip, even with Zo missing the final games, and BI being shut down after the 1st game. The year after that, Josh Hart singlehandedly lead them to the finals, only to lose to the Blazers. Though short-lived, the excitement and hype was off the charts. Lots of optimism and hope for the future. Good times.

However, I haven't been keeping up these last few years. Summer league is usually exciting for me, but it died down after the Pelinka administration discarded the picks/youth like candy. It's all about the "big names", and they keep missing the forest for the trees. Seems like young talent is just an afterthought to them these days, but I'm surprised they were able to get the 35th pick. It's a start.


that first play, I think Zo alley to BI, man, People losing it with every Zubac dunk, such high hope


Yeah, it was electric. Looking at the 2017-2018 SL in a vacuum, it was the most enjoyable thing for me in the last 4-5 seasons (not including the bubble championship). Josh Hart playing like a wrecking ball and going up against Colin Sexton the following year was also enjoyable. They are all gone now, but at least most of them are thriving on other teams.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." โ€” Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 7605

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject:

^ not just the kids play, but remember when Lebron walked into the building? Then Lebron and AD? Then Lebron and Rus? The arena was wild!

This year, Lebron and Kyrie
_________________
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ–

My summer: Player to be named later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 3762

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

Official summer league roster:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1541869345164275712/photo/1
_________________
Not familiar with the salary cap/CBA rules & how it impacts our Lakers?
#GetFamiliar by CLICKING HERE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 3043
Location: Space City

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Official summer league roster:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1541869345164275712/photo/1


Huff and McClung are back.
Huff is the only center. Assume โ€œGiannis with a Jump Shotโ€ will get some run at the 5.
Is this foreshadowing the big roster?
_________________
Kyrie in 23
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 14276
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Official summer league roster:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1541869345164275712/photo/1


Huff and McClung are back.
Huff is the only center. Assume โ€œGiannis with a Jump Shotโ€ will get some run at the 5.
Is this foreshadowing the big roster?



Thanks. I see Mason Jones is there as well...
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37706
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject:

Oh man what the hell?? I'm watching Access SportsNet rerun so I'm just now finding out that Austin isn't playing in summer league? Come on ALJR!! You can't make an appearance in one or two games?! Don't you wanna dominate like your predecessor Caruso? Come on man....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22248

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Official summer league roster:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1541869345164275712/photo/1


Jay Huff as the Center, the 24 year old.

And jeez, the majority of forwards of 26 or older.

This organization is truly allergic to athletic wings and centers.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12758
Location: Somewhere watching a Laker game

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2022 Lakers Summer League News (Game 1 - Jul 2 - Lakers vs. Heat)

epic_ wrote:
California Classic
July 02 vs. Heat, 2 p.m., ESPN2
July 03 vs. Warriors, 4:30 p.m., NBA TV

Las Vegas
July 08 vs. Suns, 7 p.m., ESPN2
July 10 vs. Hornets, 6:30 p.m., NBATV
July 12 vs. Clippers, 8 p.m., NBATV
July 15 vs. Pelicans, 8 p.m., ESPN2

Current squad - updated 2022.0624 13:23

Max Christie - SG - #35 pick
Scottie Pippen Jr. - PG (2 way contract)
Cole Swider - SF (2 way contract)
Shareef Oโ€™Neal - PF (SL contract)
Fabian White - F (Exhibit 10)
RJ Cole - PG
Vitto Brown - F (SL contract)
Javante McCoy - G (Exhibit 10)


Victory in Vegas 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Nov 2019
Posts: 680

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject:

Getting the feeling that I might enjoy the summer league significantly more than the regular season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 2 of 46
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB