Justin Bieber says half side of his face is paralyzed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject: Justin Bieber says half side of his face is paralyzed

Quote:
Justin Bieber says he has facial paralysis due to Ramsay Hunt syndrome

Justin Bieber announced Friday that he is taking a break from performing because he is suffering from paralysis on one side of his face.

In a video posted on his verified Instagram account, the singer explained that he has Ramsay Hunt syndrome, which has left him unable to move half of his face and unable to take the stage.

“It is from this virus that attacks the nerve in my ear and my facial nerves and has caused my face to have paralysis,” he said in the video. “As you can see this eye is not blinking. I can’t smile on this side of my face; this nostril will not move. So there’s full paralysis on this side of my face.”

According to the Mayo Clinic, Ramsay Hunt syndrome “occurs when a shingles outbreak affects the facial nerve near one of your ears. In addition to the painful shingles rash, Ramsay Hunt syndrome can cause facial paralysis and hearing loss in the affected ear.”

Bieber addressed those who have been frustrated by the recent cancellations of his concerts and said he’s “physically, obviously, not capable of doing them.”

“This is pretty serious, as you can see. I wish this wasn’t the case, but, obviously, my body’s telling me I’ve got to slow down,” he said. “I hope you guys understand. I’ll be using this time to just rest and relax and get back to a hundred percent so that I can do what I was born to do.”

He thanked his fans for being patient, said he’s been doing facial exercises to help. He said he doesn’t know how long it will take for him to recover, but earlier this week, it was announced that three of his upcoming performances were postponed.

“It’s going to be ok,,” he said. “I have hope, and I trust God.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/entertainment/justin-bieber-paralysis-ramsay-hunt/index.html

Quote:
How is Ramsay Hunt Syndrome treated?

Most people who have Ramsay Hunt make a full recovery, although the duration of the disease can vary, said Dr. Michael Ison, a professor of infectious diseases at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine. “Some people, it takes weeks. Some people, it takes months,” he said. In rare cases, though, facial paralysis or hearing loss can be permanent.

Treatment for Ramsay Hunt typically involves taking anti-viral medication. Some patients may also be prescribed a steroid, Dr. Wald said. Physical therapy is not usually recommended for patients, she said, but would not be harmful.

Mr. Bieber said in his Instagram post that he was practicing facial exercises as part of his healing. “I gotta go get my rest on,” he said, “so I can get my face back to where it’s supposed to be.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/10/well/live/ramsay-hunt-syndrome-facial-paralysis.html
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

My dad had that last year. We initially thought it was a stroke, took him to the hospital, but they quickly determined it was just facial paralysis. It took him a couple months to get full movement back on that side of the face.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
My dad had that last year. We initially thought it was a stroke, took him to the hospital, but they quickly determined it was just facial paralysis. It took him a couple months to get full movement back on that side of the face.

Glad Mr. Wilt, Sr. is doin well and that it wasn't a stroke. That can't be fun to have. But the fact that someone here has a family member who actually had the same condition, it also chilled the hidden intent of this thread ----> to make funny quips about Beiber's condition. Someone was gonna claim that Justin got it from Mike Hunt, etc. Juvenile things like that which I don't approve of.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:48 pm    Post subject:

^^So glad your Father didn't have anything serious..

I was going to chime in earlier but couldn't remember the name..

my little shih-tzu wasn't closing her jaw.. it was sort of cute but I knew something was wrong. Doctors up at CSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital diagnosed her with Trigeminal Neuralgia.. cured her up with some antibiotics or something.. -
They also removed her benign breast cancer
and helped her along the way with detecting degenerative kidney disease early which allowed me
to feed her a diet that kept her numbers in check

Trigeminal neuralgia is a condition characterized by pain coming from the trigeminal nerve, which starts near the top of the ear and splits in three, toward the eye, cheek and jaw.
We have two trigeminal nerves for each side of our face, but trigeminal neuralgia pain most commonly affects only one side.
Symptoms: Facial pain
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/trigeminal-neuralgia
Trigeminal Neuralgia | Johns Hopkins Medicine
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:12 am    Post subject:

His face is half as re tarded as his fanbase.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject:

Listening to his own music was he?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of Justin. I wish him a speedy recovery.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: