Has anyone here lost hope?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

Yes, with these decision makers & current roster!
LBJ can’t carry a team at his age, AD has gone fishing & satisfied with one chip he lacks motivation & Russ was a 5 year set back!

I’m thinking after LBJ is gone it’s at least another 3 years before we’re relevant!!!
😡😡😡😡😡
HC: Riley
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject:

The decisions to trade away the future for today will be causing
discomfort.
All those first round picks and good role players for Westbricks.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Yes, with these decision makers & current roster!
LBJ can’t carry a team at his age, AD has gone fishing & satisfied with one chip he lacks motivation & Russ was a 5 year set back!

I’m thinking after LBJ is gone it’s at least another 3 years before we’re relevant!!!
😡😡😡😡😡
we were irrelevant from 2013-2018 and that was with 4 top 7 picks. Once LB is gone we probably won't be relevant for the next 10 years.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

Yeah, kinda. Looking at Warriors superstar vets, plus Wiggins, plus young talent in Poole, Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman, plus most of all the standard of excellence in front office and ownership that they have managing different player timelines, making the right trades (e.g. DLo for Wiggins and draft pick=Kuminga), managing down seasons, and drafting...and then comparing their organization to ours with an old roster lacking talent and health and no significant youth prospects, and most of all again our front office and ownership. Then thinking about the Clippers, Denver, Memphis, Dallas with Luka, Suns, Pelicans adding Zion, and even the Twolves with their young energetic talent...yeah, kinda losing hope. And that's not considering the East's Miami, Celtics, Milwaukee, possibly the Nets.
I see nothing even after Lebron is gone that suggests some sort of front office or talent edge revival that we can develop period, much less relative to some of these forward thinking front office GM and ownership together teams. We were better because Jerry Buss was better sharper and because we could get the top notch talent relative to the league. Not just good players, but best players who were better than other championship contender's best players. Now, it's also more about developing other key players over time too, and their contracts. We have no mind for that.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Hope? No.

Confidence in the current ownership? Yes.

Interesting, current ownership is why I have doubts. Their inability, or reluctance, to invest in solid NBA minds are the big question mark.

No, I meant I haven't lost hope for the Lakers but I have lost confidence in the current ownership.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Every off season since the title Pelinka has made the wrong move. Danny Green and Pick for DS. Made the season terrible to watch. Then the Russ trade and pick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: