Tulsa Shooting - gunman kills 4 (including his doctor) and himself, Saint Francis Medical

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Tulsa Shooting - gunman kills 4 (including his doctor) and himself, Saint Francis Medical

Reminder - if you don't like worrying about getting killed by random citizens with mental trouble and too many guns STOP voting for Terrorists!

RIP to the dead

"Look for the Helpers"

Cops made contact with shooter like 9 minutes after first 9/11 call...

Replies from another forum...
Quote:

Resident physician in Tulsa here. An orthopedic surgeon was the target and was killed.

Edit: from what I’m hearing through the grapevine, a second physician and the medical assistant were also killed.
--------------------
I take my sister here every couple months.
These doctors are the only reason she doesn’t have cervical cancer right now. (bleep) this guy.

Local, national officials release statements on Tulsa hospital shooting
by Savannah Sinclair, KTUL Staff
Wednesday, June 1st 2022

https://ktul.com/news/local/local-national-officials-release-statements-on-tulsa-hospital-shooting

Quote:
Mayor GT Bynum posted the following statement on Facebook:

A great tragedy occurred tonight on sacred ground in our city. Please think of ways you can show all the health care heroes of Saint Francis Health System how our community loves and supports them.
Every day for decades they have been there to save lives. We will be there for them in the difficult days ahead.

I want to thank the first responders from a broad range of agencies - local, federal, state and tribal - who all came to the scene immediately today with no hesitation.
Seeing them work together as one team to protect those in danger was deeply moving.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

NPR: The Tulsa gunman's doctor was among those killed in Wednesday's mass shooting

Quote:
Police in Tulsa, Okla., say the shooter's doctor was among those killed Wednesday during a mass shooting at a medical building. The shooter had complained multiple times about pain following back surgery and sought additional treatment in the days prior to the attack, police said.

The shooting on the campus of Saint Francis Health System left five people dead, including the gunman, according to police. Police said they believe the gunman, Michael Louis, shot himself.

Quote:
At 2 p.m. Wednesday — hours before the shooting — the gunman purchased an AR-15-style rifle from a local gun shop, Franklin said. The shooter also purchased a semiautomatic handgun on May 29 from a pawn shop.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

The US needs to adopt California’s 2 week waiting period.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

The U.S. needs to do a lot concerning guns. A start would be banning assault weapons, and more extensive background checks to mention a few. Gun control has to move to the front or near the front of the line of priorities.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah, that guy just needed a couple weeks to think about it and he would t have killed the guys he was after and himself.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I got back problems, but I hope they never get THAT bad! And it's the kind of thing that makes me fear surgery. I have a somewhat herniated disc in my lower back. When I aggravate that thing, it's debilitating. Can't sleep in any comfortable position. Thankfully it only happens every few years, last time was in 2018 after a move. I was lifting a lot of crap, but the condition sneaks up out of nowhere, I usually notice it when I wake up. I was out of order for 10 days, foam back roll, hot showers, gingerly stretching, Rx tho even Norco 5s can't really touch that kind of pain. If I were ever furious while having a flare up like that one, I wouldn't wanna leave the house. Plot foiled.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah, that guy just needed a couple weeks to think about it and he would t have killed the guys he was after and himself.

Or maybe he wouldn’t have passed a background check. You at least try.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: