The Tragic Case of the Wrong Thomas James Is Finally Righted *32yrs in Prison because had same name as actual Perp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: The Tragic Case of the Wrong Thomas James Is Finally Righted *32yrs in Prison because had same name as actual Perp

MY AMERICA!!!??!?!

As much crap as there is on the Internet it is the best invention we have ever had.. Cops can figure out real real fast if they got the wrong person and all the other stuff

32 years .. just shameful
I do remember one piece of advice from an african american man who spent around 30 years in prison wrongfully accused
A reporter asked him what he was going to do with this life and if he was angry and wanted vengeance/justice etc
He said "Naw man. I aint got time for anger. I got to get on with living my life" Emotional Intelligence to the moon!!

The Tragic Case of the Wrong Thomas James Is Finally Righted
Quote:
After 32 years, a Florida man sentenced to life in prison for murder because he had the same name as another suspect is finally free.

https://www.gq.com/story/thomas-james-innocent?utm_source=pocket-newtab
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject:

Tragic

Thx for bringing light to this.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I've seen a few cases like this on forensic shows, ultimately where innocents do over a decade. Worst one I recall was about a guy in Utah (early 90s era) whose schizophrenic wife (clinical diagnosis) stabbed all their kids and herself to death while he was in his workshop on their land. He came home to the scene, which was shown because it was on HBO Autopsy. Grisly as you could imagine. I think 4 kids, one had her throat sliced wide open, probably the final victim who saw the others dead and fought the hardest to escape. The woman then stabbed herself 4x in the chest and had cuts on the fingers inside of her clenched hand.

It took a 2nd forensic pathologist who was on the ball to show that the finger cuts were indicative of her hand slipping down a blade due to the blood on it. And she had no defensive wounds on her arms or hands otherwise ruling out her husband attacking her. Meanwhile all 4 children did have many defensive wounds in those places. She also had only 4 close plungemarks in her chest around the heart/lung opposite of her stabbing hand. The 2nd, correct pathologist made it easy for the jury to visualize someone coming down with the knife in crescent shaped stabs while lying on the floor. And his clothes had no blood on them save for his shoe soles as would've been the case if he walked into find his family all dead.

He got convicted simply because it sounded even to one with common sense that it was a very likely story that the lone survivor would find his family dead in a bloodbath all while he was on the property in his garage, but that was what happened. Dude had to grieve the loss of 4 kids and his wife while sitting in prison and after having to go thru the courtroom ringer where they found him guilty. Goes to show that even a forensic pathologist can help wrongfully convict as easily as another can help to exonerate. The wife was legitimately mentally ill as shown in the psych notes and they couldn't afford to have her committed to a hospital as her doctors advised. I don't know if they said that info was allowed in court the first time around since he was charged as the murderer. Luckily for him he got a retrial with a smarter witness on his side and didn't wind up doing 30. He did pretrial time, maybe a year, but it was a double whammy of losing all your kids to brutal deaths (and wife who was ill) while going thru trial/detention. Head must've been spinning.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: