Dave Chappelle assaulted on stage at the Hollywood Bowl

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject: Dave Chappelle assaulted on stage at the Hollywood Bowl

https://abc7.com/comedian-dave-chappelle-rushed-by-fan-on-stage-at-netflix-show-in-l/11816438/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Accounts posted online said the man was corralled by security — and possibly fellow comedian Jamie Foxx.

Los Angeles police confirmed to ABC7 that they responded to a call at the Bowl around 10:45 p.m. They indicated that a man was taken into custody. He was reportedly armed with a gun and a knife.

In one posted clip, apparently after the incident, Chappelle is heard to quip, “It was a trans man,” a reference to his own transphobic comments in his Netflix special The Closer and the uproar, protests and anger that ensued.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/dave-chappelle-attacked-onstage-hollywood-bowl-1235015840/

Chris Rock asked Dave Chappelle: "Was that Will Smith?"
Video:

wow
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

Comedian Dave Chappelle rushed by fan on stage at Netflix show in Los Angeles

LINK

VIDEO

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

After watching the video it seems the attacker was also fouled by Dillon Brooks before arriving to the hospital.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

Dayum, security (bleep) him up!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Dayum, security (bleep) him up!

Yeah. His arm was discombobulated/F'd up. Looked disjointed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Guy had bad intentions when you look at the knife he brought.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Howard Stern: Hollywood is ‘f – – ked up’ for Dave Chappelle vs. Will Smith response

Radio icon Howard Stern is tearing into Tinseltown, claiming they’re treating Oscar slapper Will Smith differently compared to Dave Chappelle’s attacker.

The 68-year-old shock jock criticized the supposed showbiz double standard during a Wednesday episode of “The Howard Stern Show.”

“This guy jumped up on stage and attacked Dave Chappelle,” Stern fumed into the mic, Mediaite reported. “As soon as that happened, did they let him go back to his seat and laugh and sit next to his wife and then give them an award? No! They took him backstage, they broke his arms and hands so bad.”

He added, “They f – – king beat the s – – t out of him.”

Stern was referring to the viral incident in which Isaiah Lee, 23, tackled the “Half Baked” star while armed with a fake gun during the “Netflix Is a Joke” festival in Los Angeles’ Hollywood Bowl. The assailant was subsequently beaten to a pulp by security and arrested while A-list celebs including Chris Rock and Jamie Foxx tended to Chappelle. Lee has since been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon.

Needless to say, Stern found it hypocritical that the same standards didn’t apply to the 53-year-old “Ali” actor following his infamous Oscars slap at Rock.

“Unlike the Academy Awards, Jamie Foxx came running out on stage and helped Dave Chappelle,” the entertainer ranted. “At the Academy Awards, everyone came over and consoled Will Smith — because it was live television and Hollywood didn’t know what to do about Will Smith.”

Indeed, following the Smackademy Awards — in which the “Hancock” star slapped Rock for making a bald crack about his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, who suffers from alopecia — Smith was allowed to stay at the event and accept the Best Actor Oscar, for which he received a standing ovation. And, in a complete 180 from the Chappelle attack, Smith was comforted by celebs instead of his victim.

Naturally, some might find it unsurprising that an Oscar-winning actor was treated differently than a non-celebrity. However, Stern maintained that Hollywood shouldn’t “treat Will Smith any different than they did the Chappelle attacker.”

“The audience at the Oscars gave Will Smith a standing ovation after the attack, that’s the truth,” the radio personality vented. “It’s on film, it’s not fake news. They didn’t break Will’s hands, they shook them and it’s wrong.”

In summary, Stern found the discrepancy in consequences indicative of “how f – – ked up Hollywood is.”

“Some people in the audience at the Academy Awards still should be very ashamed of themselves. I hope they are,” he said.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/04/howard-stern-hollywood-f-ked-up-for-dave-chappelle-vs-will-smith/

The man has a point.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Security beat this dude ( DMR ) down. His face is swollen and his arm looks like it's on backward.

Dave Chappelle attacker LINK LINK

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

My brother was at this show. Said it was towards the tail end of the night and no one really had access to their phones at the time as per venue policy.

They took the guy out back and handled it.... But when the police arrived he was hanging onto a fence/wall so they couldn't cuff him and that's likely when they dislocated his arm.

Idiot.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Security beat this dude ( DMR ) down. His face is swollen and his arm looks like it's on backward.

WTF is your problem dude?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Tank Abbott in retirement might be doing bouncer duties at the Hollywood Bowl.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Referencing our discussion on using the term DUDE and Ashton Kutcher, remember? Meant as a joke. I can see how you would misunderstand.

Quote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't think! I'm guilty of being impatient, not reading the complete post, sometimes miss the gist. Nothing to worry about.

I enjoyed the shows separately. Didn't watch BB when it first aired, binged on it. Got hooked on BCS never tied the two together character wise sequentially.

Dude, it's a shame that you took such a laid back attitude to watching the two series.

You've done yourself a huge disservice because you're missing out on the most significant part of both series which is the detail work and how everything ties in together.

I don't think I've done myself any disservice. I've given myself something to chew on. How can I be missing something that's not gone?

I can now go back look at the detail work with a better understanding and appreciation.

What's over for you is beginning for me.

No reflection on you DMR. Every time I get called DUDE, Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott come to mind.

Well, in the interest of being kind, I won't mention what comes to mind when you mangle the English language.

OOOOOOtay LG is now English 101 LINK

Like you said, "no reflection", right?

Gotcha unnerstood.

EDIT: No reflection was meant to assure the mention of Ashton and Seann wasn't connecting them to reminding me of you.

I made the edit because I noticed you screaming.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu May 05, 2022 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

The attacker is a Pro-Trump/MAGA supporter who released a couple of "diss" tracks against Chappelle after Chapelle laid into Trump.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
The attacker is a Pro-Trump/MAGA supporter who released a couple of "diss" tracks against Chappelle after Chapelle laid into Trump.

Was he paid by check to attack Chapelle?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject:

D.A. won’t charge suspect in Dave Chappelle attack with assault with a deadly weapon

LINK

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
D.A. won’t charge suspect in Dave Chappelle attack with assault with a deadly weapon

LINK

Primarily because he did not use said weapon.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Was that Will Smith?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

True, but no charges whatsoever?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

True, but no charges whatsoever?

County can only charge felonies. So the County DA passed the case to the City Attorney to press misdemeanor charges.

There are four misdemeanor charges.

Quote:
The district attorney’s office referred the case to the Los Angeles city attorney’s office for misdemeanor filing consideration. After reviewing the evidence, county prosecutors concluded that, although criminal conduct occurred, the evidence as presented did not constitute felony conduct. The district attorney’s office does not prosecute misdemeanor crimes within the city of Los Angeles.

Quote:
Hours after Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. George Gascón’s office declined to file felony charges against a man who tackled comedian Dave Chappelle onstage at the Hollywood Bowl, City Atty. Mike Feuer announced late Thursday afternoon that his office had filed four misdemeanor counts against the suspect.

Quote:
Lee now faces one count each of:

battery,
possession of a weapon with intent to assault,
unauthorized access to the stage area during a performance, and
commission of an act that delays the event or interferes with the performer,

according to court documents.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Was that Will Smith?

All we know is that he's black and straight.

Not just French.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Referencing our discussion on using the term DUDE and Ashton Kutcher, remember? Meant as a joke. I can see how you would misunderstand.

OK . . . I don't recall that exchange, but even if I did, that's a pretty obscure connection.

EDIT: just saw that old convo in the BCS thread . . . I'd been avoiding it until I was all caught up.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: