Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm with SAS. Why isn't Mark Jackson's name in the..

No no no no…no. I’m gonna stop you right there. Because, just no.

You’re seriously asking why no team is interested in a religious zealot, absolute nutcase, and just a downright bad person, and a horrible mind in the coaching field, isn’t getting a coaching gig?

Just stop. Be better.

Why does he still have the broadcaster gig? I personally hate both him and Van Gundy ... I can't believe we can't find better talent.

Truly a wonder indeed. I wish I had answers for that one. I would rather have Reggie Miller there and THAT is saying something.

I read a lot of posts about broadcasters people don't like. Matter of opinion. I like Mark and Stan.

Mark is corny as an announcer but he's whatever he's fine.

I like both Van Gundys

Reggie makes me want to jump off the top of a building. I end up watching almost the entire game on mute when he's on.

But no Mark Jackson as a coach. No no no. I'm glad to hear he's out of the running.

Why?

You're asking LG posters why they don't want Mark Jackson instead of asking yourself why the entire NBA hasn't bothered hiring him and outside of two teams (The Knicks and sigh, the Lakers) nobody has so much as interviewed him.

I'm asking why because I don't know why. I've read the rumors. If you have credible evidence to authenticate them post them. If you don't,,,,

Well I was already watching the Warriors when he became their head coach. Yes, there were some things he did quite well as a coach. But it's been well established that his interactions with personnel and his own staff, etc were challenged to say the least.

And - and this is TDRock's opinion - but IMO he comes off as a religious zealot and I don't know how that would fly here in LA.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
RestEasyBlackMamba wrote:
There's a reason Mark Jackson has not been offered a job in like 10 years.

As in the above post, I'm asking what are they? If you have creditable evidence to support the reason please post them. If not.....

It's my experience some are posting what they HEARD not what they KNOW

It's what we infer. You're right about that. There was a lot of negativity about his time with the Warriors. We infer that this is why no one has given him another shot as a head coach. We would never actually "know" unless some team executive came out and said "We wouldn't touch Mark Jackson with a ten foot pole after what happened with the Warriors." They never do that.

THIS is the kind of information I was looking for, not hearsay. Russillo explains why he let Mark go. I take those as his reasons and surmise they may be reasons for other organizations not hiring Mark. I've HEARD Mark didn't swear and took offense at those who did.

I hate it when people post accusations without offering proof. I try not to do that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

As in the above post, I'm asking what are they? If you have creditable evidence to support the reason please post them. If not.....

It's what we infer. You're right about that. There was a lot of negativity about his time with the Warriors. We infer that this is why no one has given him another shot as a head coach. We would never actually "know" unless some team executive came out and said "We wouldn't touch Mark Jackson with a ten foot pole after what happened with the Warriors." They never do that.

THIS is the kind of information I was looking for, not hearsay. Russillo explains why he let Mark go. I take those as his reasons and surmise they may be reasons for other organizations not hiring Mark. I've HEARD Mark didn't swear and took offense at those who did.

I hate it when people post accusations without offering proof. I try not to do that.

So, why was he let go you think?
Why has it been 10 years without a head coaching job?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You’re seriously asking why no team is interested in a religious zealot, absolute nutcase, and just a downright bad person, and a horrible mind in the coaching field, isn’t getting a coaching gig?

Just stop. Be better.

Why does he still have the broadcaster gig? I personally hate both him and Van Gundy ... I can't believe we can't find better talent.

Truly a wonder indeed. I wish I had answers for that one. I would rather have Reggie Miller there and THAT is saying something.

I read a lot of posts about broadcasters people don't like. Matter of opinion. I like Mark and Stan.

I like both Van Gundys

Reggie makes me want to jump off the top of a building. I end up watching almost the entire game on mute when he's on.

But no Mark Jackson as a coach. No no no. I'm glad to hear he's out of the running.

Why?

People in here were crapping on Jason Kidd, too (and have conveniently forgotten about it).

Mark Jackson did a great job in Golden State. His personal life was raggedy and his homophobia was out of bounds - but he doesn't deserve a lifetime ban. People change - or at least learn to act better.

Quin Snyder cheated on his wife (his mentor, Larry Brown's daughter), had a few dozen NCAA violations coaching Mizzou and woefully underachieved in Utah . . . but plenty of LGers want to give Quin a shot with the Lakers.

I guess he has that intangible privilege!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I like both Van Gundys

Why?

You're asking LG posters why they don't want Mark Jackson instead of asking yourself why the entire NBA hasn't bothered hiring him and outside of two teams (The Knicks and sigh, the Lakers) nobody has so much as interviewed him.

I'm asking why because I don't know why. I've read the rumors. If you have credible evidence to authenticate them post them. If you don't,,,,

Well I was already watching the Warriors when he became their head coach. Yes, there were some things he did quite well as a coach. But it's been well established that his interactions with personnel and his own staff, etc were challenged to say the least.

And - and this is TDRock's opinion - but IMO he comes off as a religious zealot and I don't know how that would fly here in LA.

I can roll with that. You're offering an opinion, not a supposed fact. That's why you my peeps TD. I was curious so I did some googling and came up with viable reasons. Those who don't IMO are blowing smoke.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I like both Van Gundys

Why?

People in here were crapping on Jason Kidd, too (and have conveniently forgotten about it).

Mark Jackson did a great job in Golden State. His personal life was raggedy and his homophobia was out of bounds - but he doesn't deserve a lifetime ban. People change - or at least learn to act better.

Quin Snyder cheated on his wife (his mentor, Larry Brown's daughter), had a few dozen NCAA violations coaching Mizzou and woefully underachieved in Utah . . . but plenty of LGers want to give Quin a shot with the Lakers.

I guess he has that intangible privilege!

Yup. Same ones that were Vogel fans and now want him gone. I won't call them bandwagoners, I'll be nice and say they're fickle.

zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I like both Van Gundys

Why?[/quot

You ask a good question. Megaton responded with he’s a nutcase and bad person, without explaining why.

I remember a comment Mark Jackson made. When I heard that comment, I told my brother he might not get another coaching job.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Heat scored a whopping 12 points in the 1st quarter.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So, why was he let go you think?
Why has it been 10 years without a head coaching job?

After doing a little research I think it may be because he's a religious zealot and homophobic.

Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie needs to learn from Joe Lacob. Here is what he said about Mark Jackson.

Quote:
"Right now, (Kerr) looks great. I think he will be great. And he did the one big thing that I wanted more than anything else from Mark Jackson he just wouldn't do, in all honesty, which is hire the very best. Carte blanche. Take my wallet. Do whatever it is to get the best assistants there are in the world. Period. End of story. Don't want to hear it. And (Jackson's) answer was, 'Well, I have the best staff.' No you don't. And so with Steve, very, very different."

Not just hire anybody, hire the very best. Jeanie doesn't seem to get this concept, but great owners do.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Quote:
"Right now, (Kerr) looks great. I think he will be great. And he did the one big thing that I wanted more than anything else from Mark Jackson he just wouldn't do, in all honesty, which is hire the very best. Carte blanche. Take my wallet. Do whatever it is to get the best assistants there are in the world. Period. End of story. Don't want to hear it. And (Jackson's) answer was, 'Well, I have the best staff.' No you don't. And so with Steve, very, very different."

Not just hire anybody, hire the very best. Jeanie doesn't seem to get this concept, but great owners do.

It sounds like Jeanie Buss is the Mark Jackson of owners (or is it Mark Jackson is the Jeanie Buss of coaches )?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone have the exact quote where Stein says Lakers are waiting on Rivers? I don't see it. I only saw the one where the Lakers may not be set on just the 3 finalists.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Quote:

It sounds like Jeanie Buss is the Mark Jackson of owners (or is it Mark Jackson is the Jeanie Buss of coaches )?

This is actually a great comparison because both prioritize loyalty over ability.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I read a lot of posts about broadcasters people don't like. Matter of opinion. I like Mark and Stan. After Vinny and Chick, all others are amatures.

I can’t believe there is someone like you that exists to die on a hill defending a legit horrible human being like Mark Jackson. For a profession that he’s not even good at.

Come on dude. Please tell me this was all just trolling bullcrap. Please!
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Does anyone have the exact quote where Stein says Lakers are waiting on Rivers? I don't see it. I only saw the one where the Lakers may not be set on just the 3 finalists.

https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/lakers-havent-fully-ruled-out-doc-rivers-becoming-available-ee21
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/lakers-havent-fully-ruled-out-doc-rivers-becoming-available-ee21

Thanks!

Quote:
"Suspicions persist in league coaching circles that the Lakers have not completely abandoned hope that Philadelphia's Doc Rivers becomes unexpectedly available

Omg. So it's not from the Lakers.
These freaking click bait crap headlines are ridiculous.
Too many illiterate Twitter folks I swear.
Not to mention dishonest media folk.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I read a lot of posts about broadcasters people don't like. Matter of opinion. I like Mark and Stan. After Vinny and Chick, all others are amatures.

I can’t believe there is someone like you that exists to die on a hill defending a legit horrible human being like Mark Jackson. For a profession that he’s not even good at.

Come on dude. Please tell me this was all just trolling bullcrap. Please!

Saying everyone else is amateur's besides Mark Jackson was one of the funniest things i've read tonight personally. Dude literally has an endless laundry list of vile things he has done and many of them are straight up obscene and just odd. On one hand I guess you could make the argument that he would be perfect clown to take over the current state of our Franchise for probably half a Season before he was fired anyways but hard pass from me.

On top of all that he's EXTREMELY mediocre as a coach anyways and I strongly remember a few friends of mine who were GS diehards that strongly disliked him purely from a coaching stand point before all the layers were pulled back. Mark Jackson is a straight Clown .

Maybe he'll at least fix AD with some holy water and Prayer like he did Curry's ankles?

Just to make clear, I have zero issue with anyone's belief but that's (bleep) crazy for a Head Coach to literally do that to the Franchise Player of a multi billion dollar franchise.. This is probably about #57 down on the craziest things he has done.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Oh. So you just never read any of the articles about Mark Jackson over the years. That's okay. We don't have a required reading list on this board.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:16 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Quote:

Jeanie's not that smart nor that rich
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

This article reads like something out of the National Enquirer. Just vague enough to be held unaccountable.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I agree with your last line. Hah! Mark and especially Van Gundy end up so far afield on some of their calls that it's like they forget they're watching a game. Someone said this before (I forget, so can't source), but it's like listening to a live podcast--more sports talk and less actual game analysis.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/ums1tb/strauss_on_espn_spiking_mark_jackson_stories/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Here’s a Reddit thread on Mark Jackson being an awful human being.

Here’s a bonus story of Mark Jackson trying to “pray” Curry’s ankle back to health.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ex-warriors-coach-mark-jacksons-church-tried-to-heal-stephen-currys-ankle-with-oil/amp/

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/ums1tb/strauss_on_espn_spiking_mark_jackson_stories/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Here’s a bonus story of Mark Jackson trying to “pray” Curry’s ankle back to health.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ex-warriors-coach-mark-jacksons-church-tried-to-heal-stephen-currys-ankle-with-oil/amp/

Thanks!
Hopefully he's changed some of his relational tactics.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

I know SAS has been pushing for the Lakers to get Mark Jackson but after reading those news stories, its probably best for the franchise to stay far away from him....geez, if you thought the Lakers medical staff was bad in recent years, imagine what a huge step down it would take with him on board.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Thanks!
Hopefully he's changed some of his relational tactics.

History has shown that teams will look past egregious character histories if the talent/production is good enough. See: Aroldis Chapman

Mark Jackson was also not regarded as a great coach. He might have a few good qualities (good leader of men maybe?) but he gets overly romanticized for "teaching them grit and defense." Meanwhile, they were completely average offensively the three years he was there (never improved), and this was a team that would end up being one of the greatest offenses of all time.

Does he strike anyone as an imaginative mind? Someone who's going to bring some radical new offensive or defensive concepts? Or just say platitudes and give rah-rah speeches? He was an okay coach by 2011 standards. He'd get destroyed in 2022.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 29 of 277
Jump to: