Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 290, 291, 292  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject:

MDA becoming the Hornets HC would be a great scenario for us as I think he would salvage on the thought of coaching Westbrook.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MDA becoming the Hornets HC would be a great scenario for us as I think he would salvage on the thought of coaching Westbrook.

Doesn't mda like pgs who can shoot?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He likes PGs who can get up and down in transition which is still 1 if WB’s strength despite his decline in athleticism.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He likes PGs who can get up and down in transition which is still 1 if WB’s strength despite his decline in athleticism.

He'll love it!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He'll love it!

Send this clip to MDA’s office epic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=599iKq-axOs
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He'll love it!

Make it happen!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He'll love it!

Make it happen!!

Yes sir!!!! Haha
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He'll love it!

Make it happen!!

Yes sir!!!! Haha

Quote:
ORLANDO—Rubbing his eyes in frustration after pouring over hours of game footage, Houston Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni told reporters that he spent his entire day off drawing up a play where Russell Westbrook makes a shot ahead of Tuesday’s Western Conference Semifinals matchup against the Lakers. “It took me hours just to figure out where Russ should stand on the court,” said D’Antoni, who recalled coming up with the perfect play at around two in the morning only to realize it would never work because Chris Paul isn’t on the team anymore. “Once I worked out the floor spacing, I knew we’d need Harden to attract at least three defenders to clear a path to the hoop. Should we have P.J. [Tucker] in the corner or down low to grab an offensive rebound? (bleep), none of this makes sense.” At press time, Russell Westbrook reportedly stormed out of the practice muttering “that’ll never (bleep) work.”

MDA has already ridden the Russ train and he isn't going there for love or money.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject:

LF, let IG have his moment 😂
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
If I were Ham, I might be more interested in he Hornets job. Following the path Green took in New Orleans should have more appeal than what we just saw Vogel endure. With Pelinka on the clock, it might even be worse than that, since you never want to be the inherited coach for a new GM. LA has title aspirations without the roster or GM to match, while the Hornets will love you if you get into the playoffs and take a couple games. The Hornets might pay better too .

No one cares about the Hornets.

The Lakers are on a completely different level, they are a farm team for us.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

How come Miami doesn't have a decent assistant we can nab?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
If I were Ham, I might be more interested in he Hornets job. Following the path Green took in New Orleans should have more appeal than what we just saw Vogel endure. With Pelinka on the clock, it might even be worse than that, since you never want to be the inherited coach for a new GM. LA has title aspirations without the roster or GM to match, while the Hornets will love you if you get into the playoffs and take a couple games. The Hornets might pay better too .

No one cares about the Hornets.

The Lakers are on a completely different level, they are a farm team for us.

Monty chose Sarver and Phoenix over us. Lue chose unemployment. All of that was when Bron was three years younger. No one with options is standing in line to work for Jeanie, Rob and Kurt.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He'll love it!

Make it happen!!

Yes sir!!!! Haha

Quote:
ORLANDO—Rubbing his eyes in frustration after pouring over hours of game footage, Houston Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni told reporters that he spent his entire day off drawing up a play where Russell Westbrook makes a shot ahead of Tuesday’s Western Conference Semifinals matchup against the Lakers. “It took me hours just to figure out where Russ should stand on the court,” said D’Antoni, who recalled coming up with the perfect play at around two in the morning only to realize it would never work because Chris Paul isn’t on the team anymore. “Once I worked out the floor spacing, I knew we’d need Harden to attract at least three defenders to clear a path to the hoop. Should we have P.J. [Tucker] in the corner or down low to grab an offensive rebound? (bleep), none of this makes sense.” At press time, Russell Westbrook reportedly stormed out of the practice muttering “that’ll never (bleep) work.”

MDA has already ridden the Russ train and he isn't going there for love or money.

Is this real LF? Holy hell, can we get this goon off the team please?
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Bill Simmons......get Sam Presti in here
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

It looks like I actually may have been a joke site. My bad. But I thought it was pretty believable
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He'll probably make Lamelo the point guard, which is what that team should have been doing already. Guy has some of the most unreal vision and feel I've ever seen, with a 3 point shot off the dribble teams at least have to respect...and they're playing him off of Terry Rozier.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

very underrated consideration i didn't think about. Didn't think it was possible, but this job is even less attractive than i thought.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:52 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

It looks like I actually may have been a joke site. My bad. But I thought it was pretty believable

All good. It is definitely on brand for the dude though.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
I agree with Bill Simmons......get Sam Presti in here

Will he trade everyone away for draft picks?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject:

presti has won nothing other than draft night. he has had elite players on team-friendly contracts.

Lets see where they net out.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
presti has won nothing other than draft night. he has had elite players on team-friendly contracts.

Ownership forced him to save money by trading away a young Harden and breaking up the original big three. If not, then they likely win multiple championships.

Then again, our ownership will probably do the same thing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

One of the conditions of the new coach may be to be willing to say openly in the media that he will be considering/planning to bring WB off the bench. I don't know which of the candidate is willing to go that far but it definitely is something that appeals to Phil/Rambis I think. They wanted Frank to do it and he refused.

So they're going to want this out there from the new HC, IMO. It helps them on many fronts. If WB wants no part of it, ok, opt out, dude. If WB is willing to accept it, they get what they want, a better usage of WB who can lead the 2nd unit and they can plan the team accordingly. Of course they want a head coach who is willing to butt heads (in a positive way if possible) with Westbrook.

I am not sure who of the candidates has that personality or is willing to go tht far to get the job, but that is the person I would bet on getting the job. The one coach who is willing to openly state he will be bringing WB off the bench.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Ownership forced him to save money by trading away a young Harden and breaking up the original big three. If not, then they likely win multiple championships.

Then again, our ownership will probably do the same thing.

I don't care. OKC has done nothing under his watch other than being a farm team. "likely win multiple championships" is hysterical.

Russ cant win right?
Harden cant win with excellent teammates right?
KD has done zero without steph.

So 3 guys who cant do it, all of a sudden make them "multiple" champions if together?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject:

Wolf, doesn't WB opting out hurt us more in the ability to build a roster? Gotta look up how much cap space would be available if he does opt out.

[Edit]
Vas said it's $13M of space.
I don't think we find a guard better than Rus for $13 Mil in FA.
Side: I know Alex was a great fit next to Lebron, but he's not a heavy lifter like Rus when Lebron sits or misses games.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Wed May 18, 2022 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
One of the conditions of the new coach may be to be willing to say openly in the media that he will be considering/planning to bring WB off the bench. I don't know which of the candidate is willing to go that far but it definitely is something that appeals to Phil/Rambis I think. They wanted Frank to do it and he refused.

So they're going to want this out there from the new HC, IMO. It helps them on many fronts. If WB wants no part of it, ok, opt out, dude. If WB is willing to accept it, they get what they want, a better usage of WB who can lead the 2nd unit and they can plan the team accordingly. Of course they want a head coach who is willing to butt heads (in a positive way if possible) with Westbrook.

I am not sure who of the candidates has that personality or is willing to go tht far to get the job, but that is the person I would bet on getting the job. The one coach who is willing to openly state he will be bringing WB off the bench.

I don’t think that the FO thinks anywhere close to that. Westbrook is part of their big 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 290, 291, 292  Next
Page 19 of 292
Jump to: