DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 am    Post subject:

Rondo should be the guy, especially if we are going to roll with AD sans LJ.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
Praying Clips and Lue split ways but I dont see it.

Ok, let’s say they do, do you think Jeanie is going to offer him 12-15 mil a year? That’s what Monty Williams got from the pistons.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

Ok, let’s say they do, do you think Jeanie is going to offer him 12-15 mil a year? That’s what Monty Williams got from the pistons.

For three years, yes but he wanted more years though and the Lakers don't give HC more than three years at a time.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

For three years, yes but he wanted more years though and the Lakers don't give HC more than three years at a time.

Monty Wiliams isn't a good example. He's really struggled in Detroit.

And Rondo has arguably the highest BBIQ I've seen from a player in the league the last decade.
But the history of all star level players turn coaches isn't great. So I'm not sure he's a slam dunk as a coach despite his BBIQ.

I'm down to get rid of Ham though. And I do agree, a good coach is worth a high salary.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject:

What coach is going to want to work for Jeanie Rob and Klutch? They dont want to pay, you have to make Rob's rosters work, and youre definitely the first to take the blame. That doesnt mean they should keep Darvin. But they also have issues higher up.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject:

No more rookie coaches. Let's get a qualified team just like 2020
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 am    Post subject:

I've stayed away from this thread for a while, just to see if Ham learns as a coach. It's been 2 seasons now and one superstar is making up his own role while everyone else on the team is taking table scraps and trying to make the best of them, unsuccessfully.

Vogel at least knew how to incorporate a solid defensive scheme and have a team buy into it. He had at least half the picture, which is half more than possessed by Ham.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject:

The more I think about it the more I believe Ham has to go. We got big leads in each of the 3 games, and there were clear adjustments made by the other team while we failed to react.

Makes me think that coaching would get us over this hump. Would be nice to change players, and I think a lot of people are mad now so they want to see new faces, but to me it is more important to move the coach. He just doesn't have it.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

Monty Wiliams isn't a good example. He's really struggled in Detroit.

And Rondo has arguably the highest BBIQ I've seen from a player in the league the last decade.
But the history of all star level players turn coaches isn't great. So I'm not sure he's a slam dunk as a coach despite his BBIQ.

I'm down to get rid of Ham though. And I do agree, a good coach is worth a high salary.

You wouldn’t know that before Monty was hired right? In order to find out that, you first have to actually pay the coach. Doc rivers is the same. They got 12-15 mil a year.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

Well, you said yes, but history suggests that Jeanie will not do such thing, otherwise she would’ve hired Lue. I think Ballmer will give Lue a huge contract if he wants.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
The more I think about it the more I believe Ham has to go. We got big leads in each of the 3 games, and there were clear adjustments made by the other team while we failed to react.

Makes me think that coaching would get us over this hump. Would be nice to change players, and I think a lot of people are mad now so they want to see new faces, but to me it is more important to move the coach. He just doesn't have it.

Some good points but Ham is just a major part of the problem, he’s not all of it. Additional tweaks are needed to get over the hump. Rob has to do a better job with roster construction; not only on deciding which players to keep and what players to add but also the type players at positions on the floor. The roster is has deficits for reserves in the backcourt (defense, increased 3pt volume, scoring), and for reserves in the frontcourt (defense, rebounds, scoring).

Caruso and Drummond were both Lakers and could be the type players with a better coach that would look as if it would have gotten the Lakers over the hump.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The coaching pool may look like this come summer

Ty Lue
Frank Vogel
Terry Stotts
Mark Jackson
Darvin Ham
Kenny Atkinson
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Ty Lue
Frank Vogel
Terry Stotts
Mark Jackson
Darvin Ham
Kenny Atkinson

Should have been Lue from the beginning. Who’s available as a GM? Even with a better coach the Lakers would still need someone that could pull offs moves to create a better constructed roster to legitimately compete for a ship.

The Lakers are deficient for reserves in the backcourt and reserves in the frontcourt. Dlo/AR/LBJ/Rui/AD have challenges, especially in the post season, but the Lakers need a GM that would recognize their success to build on it instead of what Rob been doing re-tooling with different mercenaries every year. The best case scenario imo would be to keep all major contributors and build on that for improvement unless a clear unquestionable upgrade for a contributor is acquired. A back up C with size + a back up G could possible be enough with excellent coaching, bonus if that is done and either one of Dlo/AR/Rui is upgraded.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Some good points but Ham is just a major part of the problem, he’s not all of it. Additional tweaks are needed to get over the hump. Rob has to do a better job with roster construction; not only on deciding which players to keep and what players to add but also the type players at positions on the floor. The roster is has deficits for reserves in the backcourt (defense, increased 3pt volume, scoring), and for reserves in the frontcourt (defense, rebounds, scoring).

Caruso and Drummond were both Lakers and could be the type players with a better coach that would look as if it would have gotten the Lakers over the hump.

As poor as he has been as a head coach, his main role now is to be the fall guy that helps deflect blame from the people above him who are the root of the problem. Until the Lakers bring in more help for the front office, they will remain a basketball product instead of a basketball team.

I would also be happy with Lue as the next coach. I think his leadership style would go well with LeBron and Davis, and if he gets the axe from the Clippers, he would probably be in the Lakers' price range too. It would require some crow-eating from Jeanie and Rob though, after hiring and firing two coaches meant to fill the void of their inability to get a deal done with Ty in the first place.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I would want Vogel back if Phoenix fired him. Get a 3 and D guard and a defensive big and we'd be all set for championship 18.

Giving Vogel a bunch of scorers like Booker and KD and Beal is a bad idea imo.

We already know Vogel can't coach offense. That's why during 2020 we just had two of the smartest ballhandlers in Bron and Rondo to run the offense for him so he could focus on molding the team into number one defense.

Ham can't coach offense or defense. He's clueless. Almost like he's trying to figure out what works and what doesn't...lol. Can't blame him because it was his first time coaching. Not sure whtat Pelinka and Jeanie were thinking bringing such a coach into a team with Bron and AD trying to contend for a championship.

Jealinka logic is too much for me to comprehend.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I would want Vogel back if Phoenix fired him. Get a 3 and D guard and a defensive big and we'd be all set for championship 18.

We already know Vogel can't coach offense. That's why during 2020 we just had two of the smartest ballhandlers in Bron and Rondo to run the offense for him so he could focus on molding the team into number one defense.

Ham can't coach offense or defense. He's clueless. Almost like he's trying to figure out what works and what doesn't...lol. Can't blame him because it was his first time coaching. Not sure whtat Pelinka and Jeanie were thinking bringing such a coach into a team with Bron and AD trying to contend for a championship.

Would Phoenix really fire Vogel after just one season? And would he even be willing to come back here after the way we treated him?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Ty Lue
Frank Vogel
Terry Stotts
Mark Jackson
Darvin Ham
Kenny Atkinson

Should have been Lue from the beginning. Who’s available as a GM? Even with a better coach the Lakers would still need someone that could pull offs moves to create a better constructed roster to legitimately compete for a ship.

The Lakers are deficient for reserves in the backcourt and reserves in the frontcourt. Dlo/AR/LBJ/Rui/AD have challenges, especially in the post season, but the Lakers need a GM that would recognize their success to build on it instead of what Rob been doing re-tooling with different mercenaries every year. The best case scenario imo would be to keep all major contributors and build on that for improvement unless a clear unquestionable upgrade for a contributor is acquired. A back up C with size + a back up G could possible be enough with excellent coaching, bonus if that is done and either one of Dlo/AR/Rui is upgraded.

Bob Myers is available as GM. But Jeanie won't pay him and Rob has the nepotism factor (endorsed by Kobe)
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Darvin will ever get another head coaching job in the NBA.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Would Phoenix really fire Vogel after just one season? And would he even be willing to come back here after the way we treated him?

Why not? He's won a championship here. He was doing great until Westbrick came along. I don't think he has any animosity towards Jeanie. Maybe make a sweet offer to make amends for the past.

I like proven defense coaches and he's a proven defensive guru who would thrive in the right environment. I mean AD is the best when it comes to defense so that's his type of player right there.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I wonder if Darvin will ever get another head coaching job in the NBA.

I think if he had taken a job like Orlando or Portland, he might have been able to grow into the role differently. In retrospect, given half the league interviewed him and passed, while the Lakers handed him a team with a last window Lebron looks really bad. In particular after letting him choose his staff without adding an experienced associate. They were on the run though after how they handled the Vogel exit.

I do think he gets a chance with a rebuild on a make good deal.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Last game of this low IQ bozo please.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

This has some between 0% - 0.1% chance of happening. Vogel got done dirty and LeBron didn't want him.

Also, if he gets fired, it's likely his last HC job. But I think he'd make a great Associate HC somewhere.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Get swept and gtfo ham
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Get swept and gtfo ham

Silver linings, my guy. Silver linings.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham on the message to the team yesterday and today: “Beautiful day to be alive, to stay alive.”

Quote:
Darvin Ham reiterated his confidence in D'Angelo Russell. He says he told him to "go crazy and be confident" and DLo's response was "I got you, big dog."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 300 of 324
Jump to: