Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 284, 285, 286 ... 305, 306, 307  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:03 am    Post subject:

Darvin survived the play-in two seasons in a row. We’ll see whether we can build on this momentum!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:37 am    Post subject:

Lebron and Ham need to recognize that all 5 starters can score. Keep that ball moving. Don't fall into the trap of having one guy try to play hero. I'm looking at you Legramps.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:49 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Lebron and Ham need to recognize that all 5 starters can score. Keep that ball moving. Don't fall into the trap of having one guy try to play hero. I'm looking at you Legramps.

Our late game offensive execution is my biggest worry right now.

Lebron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds needs to stop
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:06 am    Post subject:

In Hamburger, we trust. If we don't win, I'll not eat Hamburgers and just eat hot dogs for a year.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:24 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
defense wrote:

This style of play is not going to stop. Not sure why you even think it would?

James is the focus point of the entire team. The Lakers survive or die with him and this style. At the end of games it will come down to whether he or Jokic make the right decisions or make the right play.

Jokic is at his prime and his team responds. James is at the end of his career and is less consistent. Settling for long 3s, TOs or forced shots in the paint have become more common for him.

But the Lakers rely on James. How he goes is how the Lakers go. As long as he wears a NBA jersey that is the reality, good or bad. James is “ the man” and the ball will be in his hands.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:21 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
defense wrote:

James is the focus point of the entire team. The Lakers survive or die with him and this style. At the end of games it will come down to whether he or Jokic make the right decisions or make the right play.

Jokic is at his prime and his team responds. James is at the end of his career and is less consistent. Settling for long 3s, TOs or forced shots in the paint have become more common for him.

But the Lakers rely on James. How he goes is how the Lakers go. As long as he wears a NBA jersey that is the reality, good or bad. James is “ the man” and the ball will be in his hands.

LeBron...and, AD...can both be the primary thrust of the offense. That's not the issue. The issue is the "style" that you gentlemen are referring to that is the problem. As 'Lakesh0wtime', and 'defense', both alluded to, the ball/players need to keep moving in order for our offense to operate efficiently.

And, the Lakers have shown this to be true. The Lakers improved offensive play this season can be directly contributed to LeBron allowing both DLo, and Reaves, to carry the burden of ball handling/facilitating duties. During the season, LeBron has played more offball, picking and choosing his moments to play more on-ball. This also gets guys like Rui more involved.

In the first 2-and-a-half quarters, the Lakers played team ball, and got the lead to around 20 pts. Then, they went into "prevent offense", and started standing around on offense, while watching LeBron work real hard to do mostly nothing...and let the Pels right back into the game.

That's on LeBron, AND Ham, imo. You do this against Denver, and it's a guaranteed wipe... Do better.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:34 am    Post subject:

I always trust in coach Ham, especially in playoffs
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:38 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
defense wrote:

Not sure why you seem so upset or riled up lol

I don’t have an issue with Lebron having the ball in crunch time or running the offense.

But I’m sure a lot would agree that he can do a lot better than just dribble the ball in place at the 3 point line for 20 seconds before initiating any move.

Thats my only complaint.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:14 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
defense wrote:

The lakers have the best record in the nba in clutch time this season so whatever Lebron is doing is working at a far higher rate late in close games than any other team in the league
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:16 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Darvin survived the play-in two seasons in a row. We’ll see whether we can build on this momentum!
you mean ham got the team an actual playoff spot two seasons in a row as each season he was over 500, finished in a traditional top 8 based on record, won the play in, and make a conference finals
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
you mean ham got the team an actual playoff spot two seasons in a row as each season he was over 500, finished in a traditional top 8 based on record, won the play in, and make a conference finals

So basically Ham did the bare minimum like any typical coach would do on a team with 2 future hall of famers? You do realize Vogel won the championship in his first season with AD healthy, right? Ham not winning a championship with AD is underachieving.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
defense wrote:

The lakers have the best record in the nba in clutch time this season so whatever Lebron is doing is working at a far higher rate late in close games than any other team in the league

Ikr. People always think ball movement=good offense. That can be true but playing that game against younger long and rangy defenders while Lebron and AD looking worn down….couldve been turnover city with that approach.

Majority of teams offense slows down to very simple actions in crunch time, not just the lakers. It’s because turnovers can kill you in close games, where defensive intensity and alertness is at its highest….
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject:

The difference between regular season LeCoast and playoff Bron is somewhere between +5 to +10 Net Rating.

We saw it in the IST and the play-in. I expect to see it against Denver.
Is it enough ... I dunno. Jokic is one of the few superstars that Bron isn't bigger than. And in the playoffs, if you are good enough to control the pace, size makes the difference.

If you go up and down the roster. Denver is just bigger. And if there is a coaching answer (maybe there isn't). I don't expect Ham to find it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Ham wants all the smoke!!!

https://x.com/LakeShowYo/status/1780667265761079513
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I’m going to break my TV if I see TP at the 4 on Saturday. I’m feeling cautiously optimistic, though. Ham has made lineup decisions and timeout calls that look like they make sense in the two games against the Pelicans. Cam was a DNP. If I wasn’t so furious he fumbled the bag so badly post IST by giving Cam and TP so much (bleep) rope while the obvious answers were benched (the players we actually paid since, like any rational human being would assume, we actually expected Ham to play the (bleep) lineups that saved our season last year and got us the the WCFs instead of pushing all in on a dude who sucked every year of his basketball career after he graduated high school), I’d be feeling pretty good. But Ham has proven to be such a dumbass at times that I’m terrified he’s going to go back to the three guard, TP at the 4 lineup no matter how badly we get mauled by Denver’s size.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Ham wants all the smoke!!!

https://x.com/LakeShowYo/status/1780667265761079513

If that's his inspirational speech, no wonder we always look flat coming out.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:49 am    Post subject:

One of the things that has irritated me the most is the Cam Reddish/Max Christi situation. Cam has clearly been hurt the last couple of months, in and out of the injury reports/games.

That should have made the decision easy on who to prioritize getting minutes to so at least one of them could be in a rhythm going into the playoffs. Now neither has really played in the last part of the season.

For clarity, in 13 games since the all star break Cam averaged 2.0 pts/1.2 rebounds and 0.3stl per game in 13 minutes with a 28FG%(!!!) Like what are we doing here?
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject:

This clown's job might be saved due to a successful 2nd half regular season.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Outcoached again
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject:

i wonder if jeannie is still thankful to have ham
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:02 pm    Post subject:

When Dlo could not hit his shot, we fail to adjust
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham says the Lakers have a couple more adjustments they’re going to throw at Nikola Jokic. He added the Lakers didn’t want to use all of their adjustments in Game 1.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham says the Lakers have a couple more adjustments they’re going to throw at Nikola Jokic. He added the Lakers didn’t want to use all of their adjustments in Game 1.

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Mr. Ham cannot rely on Dlo. He's had 8 games to figure the Nuggets out. If he can't now after 9, then he needs to go.

Sorry, but DLo and Mr. Ham are on my personal chopping block. Either perform, or get out.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Minus too many mins for DLo (would've liked him around 33 to 35) and not enough mins for Rui I actually didn't think his rotations were bad today. Would've been nice to see a big besides AD but not sure that really killed us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 284, 285, 286 ... 305, 306, 307  Next
Page 285 of 307
Jump to: