DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
https://x.com/LakeShowYo/status/1768383447775822196?s=20

... this isn't serious lololol

They simply can’t bring this guy back.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Ham is calling all these coverages. AD in drop coverage all night?

But some of those are just some flatout lazy effort by the whole team.

Probably because the team doesn't believe in the coverages. There's probably a group chat of them (bleep) on the schemes. Not a healthy workplace
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject:

FIRE DARVIN HAM
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject:

maybe it's the Phil Jackson factor still plays a role in Jeannie Buss' coach hiring ever since the Zen master left the team. She has never hired a big name head coach after Phil Jackson, what's she afraid of? someone overtaking her ex's best Laker head coach title?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:38 pm    Post subject:

how's that extra year of Ty Lue's asking price look now? Jeannie Buss should've just give that man the 4 year contract and be done with it.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:

Wow just wow..
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
how's that extra year of Ty Lue's asking price look now? Jeannie Buss should've just give that man the 4 year contract and be done with it.

Lue is irrelevant since they hired a championship winning HC in Vogel after that. Lue probably would have been scapegoated too if he couldn't incorporate Westbrick into the offense. The issue here is our management. They seem to have no clue on how to evaluate talent for coaches and players. If they saw the talent in Lue, they would have paid him off. If they knew Vogel was talented, they would have never fired him. Jeanie is "believing" in Ham. That should tell you what kind of leadership the Lakers have at the top.

On the players side, we know Magic let go of a lot valuable assets but Pelinka also let Caruso and KCP go without much in return.

Kobetan wrote:
Day wrote:

Wow just wow..

I wish we had Mike Brown.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject:

People could say Denver has Jokic, which is way too talented for the Lakers to match up against. But what about the Kings? Is Sabonis that talented too?

At some point, you have to look at the headcoach and say "you have freaking AD!! USE HIM and stop making up excuses!!"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
People could say Denver has Jokic, which is way too talented for the Lakers to match up against. But what about the Kings? Is Sabonis that talented too?

At some point, you have to look at the headcoach and say "you have freaking AD!! USE HIM and stop making up excuses!!"

AD has been saying for years he wants to be a PF. He knows these physical centers, especially with skills, are just not this best use of his insane defensive talent. Get AD the C he has been asking for and yes I'm okay with LeBron at the 3.

Aside from that, ya Ham just admitted he has no idea what to do.

What's Taylor Jenkins contract status?
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Lue is irrelevant since they hired a championship winning HC in Vogel after that. Lue probably would have been scapegoated too if he couldn't incorporate Westbrick into the offense. The issue here is our management. They seem to have no clue on how to evaluate talent for coaches and players. If they saw the talent in Lue, they would have paid him off. If they knew Vogel was talented, they would have never fired him. Jeanie is "believing" in Ham. That should tell you what kind of leadership the Lakers have at the top.

On the players side, we know Magic let go of a lot valuable assets but Pelinka also let Caruso and KCP go without much in return.

Kobetan wrote:
Day wrote:

Wow just wow..

I wish we had Mike Brown.

Or Vogel or D'Antoni lmao
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:58 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

AD has been saying for years he wants to be a PF. He knows these physical centers, especially with skills, are just not this best use of his insane defensive talent. Get AD the C he has been asking for and yes I'm okay with LeBron at the 3.

That's on Pelinka for not knowing how to build a championship team. The one season where we had a true center in Howard and McGee and AD was free to terrorize at the 4, we won the championship. Then Pelinka decided we didn't really need those defensive center and brought in Gasol and midget Harrell instead. The rest was history.

Even without a true 5, with AD being as healthy as he has been, the Lakers shouldn't be out of the original playoff standing and that's on Ham and Ham alone.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:07 am    Post subject:

This guy ruins Lakers fans Joy all year

How could a club worth more than a billion dollars do this to The NBA and it's fans?

Oh let's see, we have Bron for 3 more years let's watch him suffer with an imbecile as coach instead of hiring the guy who already helped LeBron earn a title we'll just hire this rookie noob

It's like our Front Office doesn't even like watching basketball
Didn't realize how old LeBron is... wasting a SuperStars final years should be considered some sort of offense against the NBA and it's fans.

*Not a good day for me today and looking forward to watching Ham destroy The Lakers chances for even the play-in just flat out sucks

Looking forward to Lakers games just isn't the same anymore
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:33 am    Post subject:

I think Ham is the worst Laker coach I can remember in my time following the team. At least when the others made mistakes you could kinda see what they were trying to achieve, Ham just makes no sense, like he doesn’t seem to actually understand the game of basketball that well.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:49 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
I think Ham is the worst Laker coach I can remember in my time following the team. At least when the others made mistakes you could kinda see what they were trying to achieve, Ham just makes no sense, like he doesn’t seem to actually understand the game of basketball that well.

Dude is a bum.

The worse part? The absolute lack of accountability.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:37 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

He was hired to handle the Westbrook fiasco
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:00 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Moses wrote:

Dude is a bum.

The worse part? The absolute lack of accountability.

…while preaching that everyone else needs to take it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:55 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

…while preaching that everyone else needs to take it.

LOl. The only player who has to deal with any accountability is Dlo. Certainly not our leaders. Hamm needs to go, but we have zero leadership from our our two top dogs. When things go wrong they just shrug it off knowing we have a few scapegoats and a coach to take all of the heat,
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:27 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

That's on Pelinka for not knowing how to build a championship team. The one season where we had a true center in Howard and McGee and AD was free to terrorize at the 4, we won the championship. Then Pelinka decided we didn't really need those defensive center and brought in Gasol and midget Harrell instead. The rest was history.

Even without a true 5, with AD being as healthy as he has been, the Lakers shouldn't be out of the original playoff standing and that's on Ham and Ham alone.

I disagree with this take and put the blame on Ham. AD is so versatile you can put him anywhere. Ham is just not innovative enough. AD is getting killed by Sabonis, I will put LBJ, Hayes or Rui on him, and let AD be a roamer or the help defender. He is enamored with guards, I do not understand. Healthy AD and LBJ with Vogel coaching this team is top 4 on my opinion. I like this team, there is not really a player I dislike, Ham just don’t know how to use them. Max, Prince, Wood, Hayes, Cam all has value if use correctly and actually have a coach that know how to play defense.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:28 am    Post subject:

Ham was brought in to help stabilize a rocky WB situation to his credit he did that....but he hasn't shown himself to be a particularly great "X's and O's" which is something this specific team needs right now....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Ham was brought in to help stabilize a rocky WB situation to his credit he did that....but he hasn't shown himself to be a particularly great "X's and O's" which is something this specific team needs right now....

Not sure how he stabilized that situation. He benched Russ, the team still stunk, and the relationship between Russ and the team got so bad the Lakers were having conversations about just sending him home. Then they finally traded him. This part isn’t Ham’s fault. I don’t think anyone could have salvaged that situation. I’m just confused why so many people credit him for handling it. Regardless, if Ham was brought in for the reason of improving the Russ situation that was an extremely short sighted rationale. Russ was an expiring with no chance of the partnership continuing. Everyone knew he was getting traded. So why give a coach a 4 year deal to babysit him for a few months?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
av3773 wrote:

Not sure how he stabilized that situation. He benched Russ, the team still stunk, and the relationship between Russ and the team got so bad the Lakers were having conversations about just sending him home. Then they finally traded him. This part isn’t Ham’s fault. I don’t think anyone could have salvaged that situation. I’m just confused why so many people credit him for handling it. Regardless, if Ham was brought in for the reason of improving the Russ situation that was an extremely short sighted rationale. Russ was an expiring with no chance of the partnership continuing. Everyone knew he was getting traded. So why give a coach a 4 year deal to babysit him for a few months?

It’s a legitimate question, mind boggling mismanagement by the front office with Pelinka getting a contract extension for it. That’s after the comedically tragic farce the year before constructing a roster of 8 over the hill former Lakers, 8 guards 6’4” or under, no players between 6’4”-6’8”, plus Deandre Jordan on an already bad fitting roster with the Westbrook addition.

I hate that Vogel had to be fired but it looked like he quit on the team missing the playin so I understand why he had to go, especially since it seemed like Kid was the mastermind behind the Ship success with LBJ going nuclear at PG leading the league in assists. Still, Rob’s extension, Ham’s hiring as a rookie coach for a veteran team, and taking Westbrook to the trade deadline, is just more fodder for the long list of almost unimaginable bad moves by the org.

There is no NBA for me without supporting the Lakers but they have made it impossible for me to do so with seemingly bad moves so egregious it would make more sense if it were sabotage rather than incompetence. From the moves mentioned above plus the moves made regarding Magic to Randle to Lopez to overpay for AD to Dwight/Magee to Rondo to Schroeder to Drummond to Caruso to Schroeder again, so much of it just doesn’t add up.

The saddest part is that despite all that, if Ham had just done what worked last year after the trade deadline the Lakers appear to be a top 4 team in the west with their winning percentage since starting Rui. But he didn’t, and appeared to fail in preparing an appropriate gameplan to start games and appears to improperly use time outs or in game adjustments. Can’t win man, just can’t win is what it looks like to me for now.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject:

Was the storage locker story true?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Michigan announces that head coach Juwan Howard will not return next season.

Quote:
The buyout for Howard is $3 million, which is quite small for a coach who'd had the recent success that he achieved. Michigan was a No. 1 seed in 2021 NCAAs and Howard had consistent NBA interest the past few years.

Interesting….
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Michigan announces that head coach Juwan Howard will not return next season.

Quote:
The buyout for Howard is $3 million, which is quite small for a coach who'd had the recent success that he achieved. Michigan was a No. 1 seed in 2021 NCAAs and Howard had consistent NBA interest the past few years.

Interesting….

Do it Mitch!
Haven't seen Kupchak brought up in forever
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Do it Mitch!
Haven't seen Kupchak brought up in forever

Sadly, he failed out of the Hornets recently. He had his moments with us for sure and for that I'll be forever grateful to him. But he was also a willing participant / hostage to the legendary Jim-Buss-And-Chaz era, and the Mozdeng deal was hard to bounce back from. Charlotte never once made the playoffs in the 6 years he ran the team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 274 of 324
Jump to: