DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject:

I think Ham should get 1 more year for every adjustment he made between this game and our last versus the Kings
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject:

It's so pathetic.

Let DLo run the offense. Even when DLo not shooting well, the offense is just simply better with him running it. Even tonight, he got us good looks almost every time he was initiating. It's so sad how badly utilized he is.

LeBron doesn't even try on defense, he gave up like over 10 wide open 3's to barnes alone. Maybe if DLo is allowed to run the offense LeBron can put a lil effort on defense.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
It's so pathetic.

Let DLo run the offense. Even when DLo not shooting well, the offense is just simply better with him running it. Even tonight, he got us good looks almost every time he was initiating. It's so sad how badly utilized he is.

LeBron doesn't even try on defense, he gave up like over 10 wide open 3's to barnes alone. Maybe if DLo is allowed to run the offense LeBron can put a lil effort on defense.

Lebron is a 100 years old in basketball years. Asking him to change his game or do more than he already is for us to win regular season games. It isn't realistic.

Fox takes DLO's lunch on pretty regular basis. Been that way for years.
LINK
It is what is. Tough matchup.
On to the next one. DLO's been balling. He's allowed to have a bad game.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Day wrote:
It's so pathetic.

Lebron is a 100 years old in basketball years. Asking him to change his game or do more than he already is for us to win regular season games. It isn't realistic.

LINK
It is what is. On to the next one. DLO's been balling. He's allowed to have a bad game.

I'm talking about on offense. LeBron has played the majority of our pg minutes the last two games, dlo has been in the corner most of the last two games. Maybe let dlo run the offense and let lebron conserve some energy and give a lil effort on d
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I would love to move on from Ham, but I don't see it at this point.
Hiphopdrunky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I feel that Ham has to go. He does not make the adjustments needed. He knows that LeBron is limited on defense and yet setups a defense that requires him to chase shooters. The amount of open shots that teams have gotten because of scheme is just ridiculous. This is fully on Ham.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 pm    Post subject:

They're gonna ride Ham until LBJ finishes his farewell tour. This business is all about who you know and who has your back.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Day wrote:
It's so pathetic.

LINK
It is what is. On to the next one. DLO's been balling. He's allowed to have a bad game.

I'm talking about on offense. LeBron has played the majority of our pg minutes the last two games, dlo has been in the corner most of the last two games. Maybe let dlo run the offense and let lebron conserve some energy and give a lil effort on d

I get what you're saying. But if Bron isn't happy with the offense we're running. He's not gonna bust his butt, running back on defense.

Bron has been playing point forward in the NBA for too long to think he'll change now for a regular season win.
When DLO was in 3rd grade. Bron was in the league playing this way offensively. And we're paying him over a 1/3 of our salary cap. If we aren't gonna cater the offense to AD. We're definitely not gonna cater the offense to DLO.

Besides I'm pretty sure DLO is a better floor spacer/catch and shooter than Bron.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Hiphopdrunky wrote:
I feel that Ham has to go. He does not make the adjustments needed. He knows that LeBron is limited on defense and yet setups a defense that requires him to chase shooters. The amount of open shots that teams have gotten because of scheme is just ridiculous. This is fully on Ham.

Not sure what adjustments he can make... He tried to make some adjustments tonight.

1. Every time we go under - We got burn from 3.
2. Every time we go over - We got burn by Sabonis or Kings guards.
3. Every time we play zone - Kings does a great job of breaking it down.
4. Every time we play man - Kings just attacks both DLO and AR.

One thing I notice... We over rotate a lot because we don't have a point of attack defense.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Ham should move AD to the 4
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:26 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Hiphopdrunky wrote:

Not sure what adjustments he can make... He tried to make some adjustments tonight.

1. Every time we go under - We got burn from 3.
2. Every time we go over - We got burn by Sabonis or Kings guards.
3. Every time we play zone - Kings does a great job of breaking it down.
4. Every time we play man - Kings just attacks both DLO and AR.

One thing I notice... We over rotate a lot because we don't have a point of attack defense.

5 starters with 1 good defender. It is what it is.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:40 am    Post subject:

That D'LO interview, and the whole Dennis comment, as well Ham's comments. All of that, just kind of shows me what's been going on. This isn't a team like AD/Bron had when they won a title. They jusy don't have the players that will go all out on the small plays, and play for the name on the front, instead of the name on the back.

With DLO heading into FA, and Ham's future in a bit of a doubt, Lebron's FA status also up in the air, I may be wrong on this, but I think we're going to see some drama this offseason.

I will say this though, since Ham finally put Rui/DLO/Reaves around AD/Bron, this team has been much better and where they should have been all along. Had he never went to those other strategies and lineups, we're probably a 5th seed right now. I do like the way this team plays when on, but overall, I find us more of a selfish group of guys than a lets go all out for each other type of group you need to win rings. I say this a lot, but championship teams have those role guys, that do whatever the team wants. For the 2019-20 team it was KCP/Caruso. For the Kobe/Pau years it was LO, Fish, Luke etc. You'll always see the stars surrounded by a group of players like that, role guys.

Very underrated is AD, IMO. He's a star, who doesn't complain not being treated like one. He'll go all out on the glass, defense, screens. He's got those championship components. That's why Lebron/AD work. We need to find more players that are willing to do that, around Lebron. If we are to continue the Lebron era, another season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:30 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
That D'LO interview, and the whole Dennis comment, as well Ham's comments. All of that, just kind of shows me what's been going on. This isn't a team like AD/Bron had when they won a title. They jusy don't have the players that will go all out on the small plays, and play for the name on the front, instead of the name on the back.

With DLO heading into FA, and Ham's future in a bit of a doubt, Lebron's FA status also up in the air, I may be wrong on this, but I think we're going to see some drama this offseason.

I will say this though, since Ham finally put Rui/DLO/Reaves around AD/Bron, this team has been much better and where they should have been all along. Had he never went to those other strategies and lineups, we're probably a 5th seed right now. I do like the way this team plays when on, but overall, I find us more of a selfish group of guys than a lets go all out for each other type of group you need to win rings. I say this a lot, but championship teams have those role guys, that do whatever the team wants. For the 2019-20 team it was KCP/Caruso. For the Kobe/Pau years it was LO, Fish, Luke etc. You'll always see the stars surrounded by a group of players like that, role guys.

Very underrated is AD, IMO. He's a star, who doesn't complain not being treated like one. He'll go all out on the glass, defense, screens. He's got those championship components. That's why Lebron/AD work. We need to find more players that are willing to do that, around Lebron. If we are to continue the Lebron era, another season.

True
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:25 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

What drama? Dlo has an option. If another team offers him more than 18 (hopefully) he’s gone. Bron can go find a team in a worse city and take a huge paycut. If hamm is gone it’s probably for the better. Referencing the 2020 roster without mentioning the bubble Is funny. If you gave this team as is 4 months off, put them in a location without travel or fans , we would probably have a better chance.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

What drama? Dlo has an option. If another team offers him more than 18 (hopefully) he’s gone. Bron can go find a team in a worse city and take a huge paycut. If hamm is gone it’s probably for the better. Referencing the 2020 roster without mentioning the bubble Is funny. If you gave this team as is 4 months off, put them in a location without travel or fans , we would probably have a better chance.

Bubble stuff is BS. That team was kicking ass and peaking when the pandemic hit.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:27 am    Post subject:

How many wide open 3s did we give up by going under the screen?? I only counted 2 missed 3s by the kings when we went under, and far more when we used effort to fight over the screen. LeBron standing under the basket and watching Harrison Barnes hit a bunch of wide open 3s. It looked like they were trying to get a Ham fired with that effort, too bad no one is smart enough to realize he should have never been hired. This season is over, no adjustments by the head coach, no effort from the squad, the west is better than ever, and so are the reigning champs.
Let’s Go Dodgers!!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:
How many wide open 3s did we give up by going under the screen?? I only counted 2 missed 3s by the kings when we went under, and far more when we used effort to fight over the screen. LeBron standing under the basket and watching Harrison Barnes hit a bunch of wide open 3s. It looked like they were trying to get a Ham fired with that effort, too bad no one is smart enough to realize he should have never been hired. This season is over, no adjustments by the head coach, no effort from the squad, the west is better than ever, and so are the reigning champs.
Let’s Go Dodgers!!

LeBron's standing under the basket to help AD because AD has to threaten to show against the penetrating guard while also trying to secure a rebound against a guy the refs have enabled to bowl people in the spine.

On the 2020 Lakers, there'd be another player rotating to Barnes so that LeBron could either stay down there and board or have enough time to recover to the next guy that Barnes would pass to.

Our defensive chain is usually 1-2 links long. In the title year it was infinite.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Bubble stuff is BS. That team was kicking ass and peaking when the pandemic hit.

Not bs. It was literally a thing. We have no idea what eliminating a 4 month break does. Fortunately we got it.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Not bs. It was literally a thing. We have no idea what eliminating a 4 month break does. Fortunately we got it.

1st in the West by a large margin
A game or two out of best record in the league, second to the Bucks right when Giannis went down (seems like the 4 month break should have helped the Bucks?)
17 game winning streak in the West on the road, longest all time
57-0 when leading after the third quarter
16-5 in the playoffs
21-7 the season after before LeBron gets rolled into
The Final Four in 2020 was the same Final Four in 2023

These are facts. A bubble is a thin sphere of liquid enclosing air or other gas.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

A game or two out of best record in the league, second to the Bucks right when Giannis went down (seems like the 4 month break should have helped the Bucks?)
16-5 in the playoffs

These are facts. A bubble is a thin sphere of liquid enclosing air or other gas.

I get all of that but people love to point to 2020 team yet never complete the story. Impossible to separate that year without acknowledging bubble. That’s all. W is a w.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

16-5 in the playoffs

I get all of that but people love to point to 2020 team yet never complete the story. Impossible to separate that year without acknowledging bubble. That’s all. W is a w.

That's a mischaracterization of what happens in this type of discourse. Almost all of the time, "bubble" is basically a canard for people who want to diminish the 2020 title and the 2020 team, as you did two posts prior. I know exactly what I'm responding to.

Quote:
If you gave this team as is 4 months off, put them in a location without travel or fans , we would probably have a better chance.

This implies our 2020 team was uniquely suited to benefit with extra rest and without fans because fans cause us to choke, despite, again, us having home court advantage throughout the entirety of the playoffs that was nullified, and, again, having an insanely good record against WC teams on the road. You sound like a homer for rival teams.

If you gave every team 4 months off this season, we'd still be 9th in the West. We just lost badly coming off 3 days of rest against a team playing a B2B. Rest, fans, and "alpha" talk is overindexed by people who don't understand basketball at a deeper level, or just want to troll.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
lakeshowtacular wrote:
Let’s Go Dodgers!!

LeBron's standing under the basket to help AD because AD has to threaten to show against the penetrating guard while also trying to secure a rebound against a guy the refs have enabled to bowl people in the spine.

On the 2020 Lakers, there'd be another player rotating to Barnes so that LeBron could either stay down there and board or have enough time to recover to the next guy that Barnes would pass to.

Our defensive chain is usually 1-2 links long. In the title year it was infinite.

I totally agree with us having a far better defensive minded roster in 2020, we also had far better on ball defenders at the guard spots. Add to that 2 players in Dwight and Javale that could effectively bowl right back into Sabonis as an equalizer, and we are back to square 1. Bad ownership, bad roster construction, bad coaching, no system, and no effort. They all contribute to the other, but all are the reason this version of the Lakers is sunk!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:18 pm    Post subject:

We used to have Mike Brown. This season looks done. It looks like we're finishing 9/10 and if we won the 2 playin games, we'd still have to beat Denver four times and we haven't beaten them during the last 8 meetings.

Ham will be back as usual. The Lakers will cruise along to another early playoff exit and Jeanie will be content with it because if she wasn't happy with the result, I'm sure she would have made changes.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Ham is calling all these coverages. AD in drop coverage all night?

But some of those are just some flatout lazy effort by the whole team.

Last edited by miggz23 on Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/LakeShowYo/status/1768383447775822196?s=20

... this isn't serious lololol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 273 of 324
Jump to: