Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I dont believe anything this guy says anymore. Always mentioning how he has to manage Lebron and Ad minutes, but here you are almost playing both guys 40 minutes on a night that they dont have to.

Rui 18mins? TB only 3 minutes?

Schro/PatBev backcourt getting out scored again.

Make it make sense Ham!!!

Even if we land Kyrie, I’m pretty sure this guy will find a way to mess that up too.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I dont believe anything this guy says anymore. Always mentioning how he has to manage Lebron and Ad minutes, but here you are almost playing both guys 40 minutes on a night that they dont have to.

Rui 18mins? TB only 3 minutes?

Schro/PatBev backcourt getting out scored again.

Make it make sense Ham!!!

Even if we land Kyrie, I’m pretty sure this guy will find a way to mess that up too.

He might put Kyrie on BI next time
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:12 pm    Post subject:

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
minutes played in the 4th:
LeBron: 12:00
AD: 12:00
Pat Bev: 12:00
Schroder: the last 11:02
Brown: the last 10:00

If true, what a moronic thing to do.
When I saw that Ham was saving his timeouts in the first half, I was thinking, he's going to use his timeouts in the 4th to play Lebron the entire quarter isn't he.

Freaking wake up, Ham n cheese! I know there's no game till Tuesday, but the guys you're playing aren't young anymore. Save the legs for the last 5 mins.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:40 am    Post subject:

Maybe he is a great person or whatever.
But ultimately he is a crap coach and that's what matters from basketball standpoint. I am watching this Lakers team and the decisions he is making are just wrong. Simple as that.
Maybe he is going to learn 5 years from now. But Lakers don't have time to wait anyone.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:13 am    Post subject:

Ham sucks sooo much

Worse than Vogel
#18 next...
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:39 am    Post subject:

Bev on BI, tf is this coach thinking.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:45 am    Post subject:

The roster isn't great but I just don't get why Schroeder is guaranteed 30+ minutes every game. He's been solid but he isn't a starter quality player and shouldn't be playing so many minutes with Lebron and AD as a non-spacer. Ham should have closed this game with Bev/Brown/Lebron/Rui/AD.. more spacing and size with Bev hounding CJ and Rui/Brown taking turns on Ingram. Instead, Schroeder plays nearly 40 minutes.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:52 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
The roster isn't great but I just don't get why Schroeder is guaranteed 30+ minutes every game. He's been solid but he isn't a starter quality player and shouldn't be playing so many minutes with Lebron and AD as a non-spacer. Ham should have closed this game with Bev/Brown/Lebron/Rui/AD.. more spacing and size with Bev hounding CJ and Rui/Brown taking turns on Ingram. Instead, Schroeder plays nearly 40 minutes.

What is this roster isnt great (bleep)?

Have you seeen our TEAM?

LeBron
Davis
Walker
Rui
Bryant
Christie
Beverly

all these guys are PLAYABLE in this league. We shouldn't be this BAD.

Problem is we have an idiot playing Brick, Dennis and Beverly 30 minutes a night each.

He found a "pattern" that causes us to lose and he got stuck with it.

PG.Dennis
SG.Beverly

oppossing defenses can shoot open threes on close outs, get offensive rebounds, shoot floaters over them, post them up and make our defense have to compromise to hide them on defense when they are not even good on offense.

WHAT IS THIS GUY DOING? Is anyone going to hold him accountable?

Last edited by scout_0 on Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:54 am    Post subject:

A 6'1 player guarding a 6'9 player lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Mike Brown looks like a genius in comparison.

Mike Brown is leading the Kings to their first playoff birth since 2005, and they are the 3rd seed.

Mike Brown would wipe the floor with Ham’s garbage.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject:

Someone called him the black Luke Walton. I gotta agree.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

Vogel was scapegoated and we got this milk dud instead.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

Megaton wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Mike Brown looks like a genius in comparison.

Mike Brown is leading the Kings to their first playoff birth since 2005, and they are the 3rd seed.

Mike Brown would wipe the floor with Ham’s garbage.

Mike Brown is lucky he has AD and LeBron.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:43 am    Post subject:

It is beyond me to understand what Lakers saw in this guy. I understand that maybe he is super cool guy and has some good values in him as a person. But looking at the game against NOP he does not have clue what he is doing.
To call him biggest off season move by Jeannie is saying everything about her knowledge about basketball.
Rotation are absolute garbage, he is playing 3 guard lineup which is beyond stupid and having guys like Brown, Gabriel and Rui is is putting Bev on Ingram.
This cannot be done by a person that knows what he is doing.
Absolute garbage of the coach. Deserved to be fired long time ago.
You can be rookie coach, but even rookie coaches can show if they understand the game or not. Ham does not understand nothing.
And to even compare him to Vogel the guy that won a championship for us is insult first to Vogel and to all other coaches who accomplished something.
Hope he gets fired soon. Knucklehead deserves it.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:51 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
It is beyond me to understand what Lakers saw in this guy. I understand that maybe he is super cool guy and has some good values in him as a person. But looking at the game against NOP he does not have clue what he is doing.
To call him biggest off season move by Jeannie is saying everything about her knowledge about basketball.
Rotation are absolute garbage, he is playing 3 guard lineup which is beyond stupid and having guys like Brown, Gabriel and Rui is is putting Bev on Ingram.
You can be rookie coach, but even rookie coaches can show if they understand the game or not. Ham does not understand nothing.
And to even compare him to Vogel the guy that won a championship for us is insult first to Vogel and to all other coaches who accomplished something.

Hate to say it but there was a lot of pressure to hire a black coach and we scapegoated Vogel even though he wasn't bad. Vogel would have had us a much better record for sure.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:57 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Hate to say it but there was a lot of pressure to hire a black coach and we scapegoated Vogel even though he wasn't bad. Vogel would have had us a much better record for sure.

For me it does not represent nothing. Coach can be bad or good. Smart or stupid. Able to adjust or not. I don't care of he is black, white or whatever. I am looking at the game and how game is going. I was writing same for Luke. He was also completely clueless with rotations. Ham is just bad at his job. Thats all. I dont have nothing against Darvin Ham as a person. Absolutely not. He seems nice. As a coach garbage.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:06 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Day wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

For me it does not represent nothing. Coach can be bad or good. Smart or stupid. Able to adjust or not. I don't care of he is black, white or whatever. I am looking at the game and how game is going. I was writing same for Luke. He was also completely clueless with rotations. Ham is just bad at his job. Thats all. I dont have nothing against Darvin Ham as a person. Absolutely not. He seems nice. As a coach garbage.

Yeah I'm just saying that was a motivator in why he got hired in the first place. I'm a POC obviously I don't have any problem with whatever race our coach is - I just don't think it should be a motivator in hiring.

I think it's crazy we couldn't have gotten a proven HC. We passed up Lou and Monty which have both shown to be huge mistakes, Vogel wasn't bad but we scapegoated him for last year and now we ended up with this. It's unfortunate.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject:

Ham Question:

If 2 players are playing Call of Duty

Player A:

Kills 20
Deaths 10

Player B:

Kills 15
Deaths 3

Who is better?
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

<snip>
Everyone here wanted him gone

Wrong. Many just wanted improvement, as in a better offensive assistant to complement Vogel's excellence on defense. "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush".
The Ham experience has gone exactly as expected: he's got his own set of strengths and weaknesses as does every decent coach in the league. A change in coaching just glossed over the real problem: a flawed roster and the lack of a (coherent) FO plan.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:53 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

<snip>
I think that had more to do with Lebron and his wish for a head coach who looked "different" from Vogel.

I don't recall anything about Lebron not getting along with Vogel. Admittedly I wasn't following this closely, but do you have any sources on this?
(All I remember is Westbrook's unhappiness with Vogel despite Vogel playing him a lot and the also the reports of the Rambii's micro-management of him).
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Day wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Yeah I'm just saying that was a motivator in why he got hired in the first place. I'm a POC obviously I don't have any problem with whatever race our coach is - I just don't think it should be a motivator in hiring.

I think it's crazy we couldn't have gotten a proven HC. We passed up Lou and Monty which have both shown to be huge mistakes, Vogel wasn't bad but we scapegoated him for last year and now we ended up with this. It's unfortunate.

I need someone to back up this claim with credible fact(s). Otherwise, it's just toxic hearsay.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>
I think that had more to do with Lebron and his wish for a head coach who looked "different" from Vogel.

I don't recall anything about Lebron not getting along with Vogel. Admittedly I wasn't following this closely, but do you have any sources on this?
(All I remember is Westbrook's unhappiness with Vogel despite Vogel playing him a lot and the also the reports of the Rambii's micro-management of him).

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Lebron is low key racist. He had zero problems with Mike Brown and Ty Lue, yet had problems with all of the following:

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Luke Walton (although that one is understandable)
- Frank Vogel

Now he doesn’t say a word about Ham despite Ham being just as bad as Luke Walton. Ham is really a black Luke Walton, but Lebron this time ain’t bringing up any crums of his fault or anything.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:30 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Day wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Day wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

I need someone to back up this claim with credible fact(s). Otherwise, it's just toxic hearsay.

I mean were you not around at the time? So many people were talking about how Luke Walton only got the job because he was white and then the talk was how we weren't fair to Ty Lou and Monty Williams and that we hired another white coach over them. This time around it was pretty expected it was going to be a black coach no matter what. IIRC Terry Slotts was the only white candidate we had? Might be wrong.

I don't know what "credible facts" there would be because it's not like anyone would come out and make a public statement clarify that that was the case but it is pretty easy to read in between the lines and hear the sentiments of fans and talk.

I think it was also during the time when everyone was talking about how little to no head coaches in the NFL were black, in regards to someone getting fired or not hired or something so the optics were already set in the media too.

Last edited by Day on Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Lebron is low key racist. He had zero problems with Mike Brown and Ty Lue, yet had problems with all of the following:

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Luke Walton (although that one is understandable)
- Frank Vogel

Now he doesn’t say a word about Ham despite Ham being just as bad as Luke Walton. Ham is really a black Luke Walton, but Lebron this time ain’t bringing up any crums of his fault or anything.

What is this crap
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 101, 102, 103 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 102 of 277
Jump to: