Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 283, 284, 285  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:00 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
I want to understand his logic....Gabriel has played out of his mind...yet doesnt get to play when AD plays..It seems like those 2 would be a better pairing than TB and AD...it just seems like with all the injuries we have EVERYONE ready to play...and we can take advantage of that by cutting down some mins for LBJ and AD..but nope. How does LWJr lose his minutes to PAT BEV?

I feel like this is a time to explore a more dynamic offense because everyone has gotten reps. But once WB is in the game...the ball doesnt move....he does. I just feel like it limits us as a team.

I'm also mightily perplexed by Wenyen's mounting DNP's. For a player that was one of your pillar players while AD was injured, to not play him at all is wild to me. Wenyen would give valuable productive minutes as a backup 4, after LeBron. I'm not sure what Hamm is thinking on this one. Just really, really odd.

As for Lonnie, I can see why he's getting limited minutes. His contribution to the team is his offense. On average, Lonnie is a spotty defender. So, when he's not giving you points... Though, to that end, I believe Hamm is not utilizing Lonnie properly. Lonnie has improved his outside shot, yes. But, that his not his forte. Lonnie is at his best when attacking the rim. Yet, when in the game, he mostly reduced to being a spot up shooter. When that outside shot isn't falling, Lonnie is not going to see a lot of minutes.

And, I while I don't agree with Hamm giving Bev all these minutes, I can understand why he does. Hamm is a rookie head coach. So, vet guys like Bev who are communicators, and act like the coach's voice on/off the floor, are like a comfort blanket. But, at some point, Hamm is going to have to "grow up", and leave the comfy blankets behind.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject:

We have 3 POINT GUARDS in the top 30 PG by minutes per game.

LET THAT SINK IN.

Wait don't ....

Look at the top 30 PG by minutes play and find the WORST players:

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/player/_/position/point-guard/table/general/sort/avgMinutes/dir/d esc

Code:
RK

Name
Kyrie Irving BKN
Luka Doncic DAL
Damian Lillard POR
Trae Youn ATL
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander OKC
Darius Garland CLE
Tyler Herro MIA
Jalen Brunson NY
Stephen Curry GS
Spencer Dinwiddie DAL
De'Aaron Fox SAC
Kyle LowryMIA
Tyrese Haliburton IND
D'Angelo Russell MIN
Jrue Holiday MIL
Ja Morant MEM
Jordan Clarkson UTAH
Jamal Murray DEN
Marcus Smart BOS
***********Dennis Schroder  LAL
Jaden Ivey DET
Tre Jones SA
Mike Conley UTAH
***********Russell Westbrook LAL
***********Patrick Beverley LAL

Do you think any of our players belong with those other players? Lets look at eFG%

Westbrook .46
Dennis .47
Beverly .50

Between those 3 guys they are averaging eFG% of around .48%

THATS TERRIBLE.

As a team we average eFG% .55

Those guys are dragging us DOWN. They are not MODERN NBA players they do not understand MATH.

Look at an example of EFFICIENT PLAYERS:

Christie .560, Rui .57, Reaves .57%, Walker .54%, Gabriel %65, Bryant 68%

Do you think we would be #18th in Rebounding Percentages if we played
Gabriel and Bryant 30 minutes instead of those short guards? Usually we have Bev+Dennis+Brick+Brown out there. What do you expect?

In pace we are 2nd just to accomodate Brick. Since when does pace = oood efficiency which = good offense?

There is 0 correlation there. We are #2 in pace and 17th in Offensive RATING. So its not helping.

Boston guards: Derrick White .54 Jaylen .55, Tatum .54, Brogdon .57, Smart %51 (Smart is the WORST at .51% thats much better than our 3 guards and he is DPOY caliber defender )

This is why its so hard to watch this team. You see certain flaws that can be fixed and Ham does not fix it.

Thomas Bryant was getting straight DNP's before AD went down. Then Bryant averaged 15-9 on INSANE efficiency.

Gabriel one of our best players efficiency wise, energy, defensively, everything. Yet gets DNP's. I suspect its because of his personality. Ham knows he won't be upset if he doesn't play. Good guys finish last.

Anyways...

PG.Walker / Dennis / Beverly
SG.Reaves / Chirstie / Beverly
SF.LeBron / Brown / Beverly
PF.Rui / Gabriel
C.Davis / Bryant

I would expect out eFG to go from .54% to .56 - .57 making us good enough for the best 5 offense instead of the best 15th.

People will say "LeBron needs a PG, Walkers not a PG"

Was KCP a PG? or Danny Green? Or Mcgee?

Walker + Reaves can bring the ball up the court with LeBron helping. LeBron look fresher when he was running PG. He was chilling running P&R instead of playing at a neck breaking pace.

I like Ham and I want him to do good, but If I constantly see my war commander making silly mistakes, do you think I'll go on the battlefield for him?

He has to fix the issue WESTBROOK.

Last edited by scout_0 on Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject:

Some of you guys will say these small percentages don't matter but the fact is they DO. You know how easy it is to know this?

Get some data of previous NBA games from NBA ref run a classifier to classify games as win or loss, then use shappley open source library to look at feature important. eFG% is the most important metric of all.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject:

@scout_0

Those are very interesting numbers you posted. But, as always, I believe numbers should be married to context to get the whole picture. I believe the reason the Lakers do their best to keep up the tempo of games is, we are an atrocious team when it comes to executing half court offense. This forces the team to have to play good defense, get turnovers/defensive boards, so they can get out on the break and score in transition before the opposing team can set their defense.

And, the woes that contribute to our offensive execution are many. Until the recently, Hamm would play 3-4 guard lineups for extended minutes, forcing our team to expend extra energy "punching up", with no benefit. The Lakers have absolutely no consistent structure on offense. Every blue moon they run a set/play. Most times it's just LeBron/Schroder/Russ dribbling the ball on the perimeter, while time ticks down, until they're forced to drive into congestion, or shoot an ill-advised shot. Sometime, LeBron and Russ don't even do this. They'll just jack 3, early in the shot clock. I seriously doubt that we would be a better half court team, even if we had better players. Hamm (rookie coach I know) seems unable to properly use/position the productive player he does have, to maximize their abilities. This being the case, if the situation was more conducive, how much better would role players like Reaves, Wenyen, Bryant, Christie, and Walker be...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject:

Mr. Ham,

If you know what’s best for you and the team, you would play the following lineup up as much as possible.

Schroder
Reaves (Walker or Brown until Austin is back)
Lebron
Rui
AD
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject:

^
Also sub out Rui with TBryant. TBryant may be the most consistent reliable role player around AD/Bron in off ball situations. Can catch and finish a lot of plays and also catch and shoot 3s. He's defensively a problem for us, but if we scheme the defense where AD is on the perimeter and coming in as a helper inside we can play TBryant/AD/Bron 16 minutes a game and the rest Rui plays at 4 or 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:28 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
Also sub out Rui with TBryant. TBryant may be the most consistent reliable role player around AD/Bron in off ball situations. Can catch and finish a lot of plays and also catch and shoot 3s. He's defensively a problem for us, but if we scheme the defense where AD is on the perimeter and coming in as a helper inside we can play TBryant/AD/Bron 16 minutes a game and the rest Rui plays at 4 or 3.
Gabriel....as well
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Pat's back in the starting lineup! Woo woo!

Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

Darvin Ham says Pat Beverley will return to the starting lineup tonight at the two spot. Will Rui Hachimura remain in the starting lineup? “We’ll see.”

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

It sucks to see Ham put so much faith and hope into Brick. Looks like Ham might become another victim of Brick after the season's over.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham said it was a “no-brainer” to close the game with Russell Westbrook because of Westbrook’s defense, particularly his ability to switch onto bigger players.

One of the dumbest coaches in the league.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham said it was a “no-brainer” to close the game with Russell Westbrook because of Westbrook’s defense, particularly his ability to switch onto bigger players.

I think RW's defense is good. But his decision making and the way he clogs the paint is killer.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

I think RW's defense is good. But his decision making and the way he clogs the paint is killer.

2-16 and dumb decisions on the offensive end

Looks like ham better be make Russ happy over winning game
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I am amazed how the Lakers still manage a win carrying these bozos ham and westbrick
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I miss Vogel
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

This man is unwell.

Quote:

Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
This man is unwell.

Quote:

Emotional idiot who is married to westbrick, Dennis and Pat bev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
This man is unwell.

Quote:

Rob needs to clean up this roster so Ham doesn't keep turning to this 3 guard line up.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
This man is unwell.

Quote:

Rob needs to clean up this roster so Ham doesn't keep turning to this 3 guard line up.

Max Christie DNP cd
Wenyen DNP CD

While
Dennis - 36:28
Brick - 32
Pat bev - 28:31 seconds

Nothing is changing 😂
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
This man is unwell.

Quote:

Max Christie DNP cd
Wenyen DNP CD

While
Brick - 32

Nothing is changing 😂

Did you not watch the game? Russell played great! 2-16FG!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
This man is unwell.

Quote:

Max Christie DNP cd
Wenyen DNP CD

While
Brick - 32

Nothing is changing 😂

Did you not watch the game? Russell played great! 2-16FG!

He is been fire last 7 games:
Russell Westbrook is shooting 32-of-99 (32.3%) from the field and 5-of-29 (17.2%) from 3 in his past seven games.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
This man is unwell.

Quote:

Max Christie DNP cd
Wenyen DNP CD

While
Brick - 32

Nothing is changing 😂

Pat Bev was a +16 tonight. Nobody else even close to that. Cant criticize ham for his minutes.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Coach Ham after stealing one from Indy!
LINK
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I wanted to kill Ham for bringing back Russ.

Unbelievable. I don’t understand what Russ has to do, in order to get benched. He can shoot 2-16 FG, he can not play defense, and he is free to make careless turnovers, but still (bleep) play 32 minutes.

It’s a joke. It’s all a big, demented gag.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
This man is unwell.

Quote:

Why is it so (bleep) hard to find ONE coach who makes somewhat logical rotations? We haven’t had one since Mike Dantoni (I understand the hate for him, but he always got the best of his talent).

We can’t have one single coach, who isn’t a total idiot with rotations. NOT ONE!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I wanted to kill Ham for bringing back Russ.

Unbelievable. I don’t understand what Russ has to do, in order to get benched. He can shoot 2-16 FG, he can not play defense, and he is free to make careless turnovers, but still (bleep) play 32 minutes.

It’s a joke. It’s all a big, demented gag.

Ham: I would have sat Russ if he went 1-16. But at 2-16, it was a no-brainer to play him.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 283, 284, 285  Next
Page 99 of 285
Jump to: