Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 283, 284, 285  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
This guy is an idiot.

Our offense is (bleep) horrible and he plays Brick 30 minutes per game.

I could care less about his 8 assist because they come at a high expense.

Stops ball movement, freezez team8s which affects defense, and his (bleep) eFG is like 45%. What is the deal here? Keep the vets happy to keep your job? Gtfo

The ball is better on Reaves hands so why is Brick playing?

He turns the ball over 12 times in the last 2 games.

Thats ridiculous

Shooting 5 3s per game as if he is curry when he shoots 30% on them.

The offense looks better with Russ running the show instead of Bron this season, simple as that. If he has to be the playmaker, we live with the turnovers. Ham has the option of bench him at any time, although he should’ve benched bron in the 4th

It might look better but it doesnt look good enough so on to the next guy. LeBron is known to be the greatest handler of all time so you have to believe he will be back. But brick? Lmao.[b] Turn over machine, over drivbling, holding the ball, hitting the backboard, taking crazy 3s and taking the ball out of good efficient players like Davis and Reaves.
[/b]
I bet you like losing

sounds like Lebron more than Russ at this point.
if you like to blame Russ for all these, by my guest, but i am just saying the bigger problem we have now is Lebron. Russ is either getting the ball to AD or trying to get the ball to AD and kept the ball moving.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

That's nice that Russ is getting the ball to AD. But if they doubled AD and left Russ open, then what? Russ passes the ball but most of the time, the player was not open. Russ could never draw attention to himself. That's what a ballhandler is supposed to do. You have to be scoring threat so that you could draw defenders to you making other players open for the pass.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
He is stealing Reaves touches which come at an insane efficiency he ranks 5th in the entire league I believe and always keeps the ball moving.

I know that this is a tangent, but I see people overrating the value of Reaves' efficiency. It is great that he is efficient, but the metrics will tell you that he is a neutral or even slightly negative offensive player. That may seem counter-intuitive, but efficiency is not the same as production. Reaves averages a highly efficient 10 ppg, but he plays 28 mpg. He averages 2 assists. He's efficient, but he's not very productive. The metrics will tell you that his value comes on the defensive end.

Could Reaves increase his production without reducing his efficiency? We may find out as the season goes by. As of now, Westbrook attacks when he gets the ball. Reaves usually doesn't. Despite the turnovers and lesser efficiency, the metrics will tell you that Westbrook is an equal or superior offensive asset. (Defense is another story.)
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
That's nice that Russ is getting the ball to AD. But if they doubled AD and left Russ open, then what? Russ passes the ball but most of the time, the player was not open. Russ could never draw attention to himself. That's what a ballhandler is supposed to do. You have to be scoring threat so that you could draw defenders to you making other players open for the pass.

who can draw attention to himself now besides AD? they will just give Lebron, Russ or any lakers an open shot instead of letting AD beat them. at least the shots off Russ or the shots he has been taking are mostly in rhythm and open shots, not one legged fade aways.
i've always wanted Ham to go big with 2 bigs on the floor all the time because if you double AD, it will help a lot to have a big guy underneath for layups and rebounds, but with the 4 guard lineup or lebron at 4 lineup, the double can come from anyone and they only risk giving up a open shot to a bad shooter (i think only reaves is a passable shooter at this point).
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
He is stealing Reaves touches which come at an insane efficiency he ranks 5th in the entire league I believe and always keeps the ball moving.

I know that this is a tangent, but I see people overrating the value of Reaves' efficiency. It is great that he is efficient, but the metrics will tell you that he is a neutral or even slightly negative offensive player. That may seem counter-intuitive, but efficiency is not the same as production. Reaves averages a highly efficient 10 ppg, but he plays 28 mpg. He averages 2 assists. He's efficient, but he's not very productive. The metrics will tell you that his value comes on the defensive end.

Could Reaves increase his production without reducing his efficiency? We may find out as the season goes by. As of now, Westbrook attacks when he gets the ball. Reaves usually doesn't. Despite the turnovers and lesser efficiency, the metrics will tell you that Westbrook is an equal or superior offensive asset. (Defense is another story.)

Westbrook 7.3 /3.8 asst/TO
Lebron 6.2/3.7 asst/TO
we need both trend to go up especially Lebron.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

who can draw attention to himself now besides AD? they will just give Lebron, Russ or any lakers an open shot instead of letting AD beat them. at least the shots off Russ or the shots he has been taking are mostly in rhythm and open shots, not one legged fade aways.
i've always wanted Ham to go big with 2 bigs on the floor all the time because if you double AD, it will help a lot to have a big guy underneath for layups and rebounds, but with the 4 guard lineup or lebron at 4 lineup, the double can come from anyone and they only risk giving up a open shot to a bad shooter (i think only reaves is a passable shooter at this point).

Maybe our bigs aren't capable of making layups easily so that's why Ham doesn't go with 2 bigs. Guards can't shoot. Bigs can't play. Thanks Pelinka!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

Ham said what he preaches is sacrifice and accountability. I don't think he is holding Lebron accountable, and that could be a problem, when the team consistently see that. Especially, if he is holding others accountable, telling them to sacrifice. Benching players because of their "poor" play.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Maybe our bigs aren't capable of making layups easily so that's why Ham doesn't go with 2 bigs. Guards can't shoot. Bigs can't play. Thanks Pelinka!

Bryant and Wenyen are both doing fine, Ham just refuse to play them together.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

Utah is full of Reaves.

Efficient players that do not fill up the stat sheet but contribute efficiently to the score and play smart team defense.

Olynyk plays 28 minutes has eFG% .658 but only collects 4.8 rebounds at Center along with just 0.7 blocks BUT WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a modern day cheat code because 1) He spreads the floor from the position that defends closer to the basket C so the paint is wide open. 2) He has an insane efficiency. Other teams play him very tightly because he can really HURT YOU. 13 points on 8 shoots. Elite.

Lauri eFG .60%

Clarkson .51%

Vanderbilt .62%

BRICK IS AT .45%

BRICK HAS a TURN OVER RATE OF 19.8%.......Mike Conley has the highest in Utah at 10%

You expect to win when your "3rd best player" which is awarded by seniority? would not get off the bench in that Utah team.

Reaves on the other hand would be flourishing like Lauri and all the other guys are doing. Its like students. Not everyone can study at Harvard. Utah is for good students, guys like Reave who study the game to see how you can impact it more. He keeps increasing his production and efficiency and is now our 2nd best ball handler.

Send Russell home man...Lets have a good team again.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Utah is full of Reaves.

Efficient players that do not fill up the stat sheet but contribute efficiently to the score and play smart team defense.

This probably would have sounded better before Utah lost five in a row.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

Utah is full of Reaves.

Olynyk plays 28 minutes has eFG% .658 but only collects 4.8 rebounds at Center along with just 0.7 blocks BUT WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a modern day cheat code because 1) He spreads the floor from the position that defends closer to the basket C so the paint is wide open. 2) He has an insane efficiency. Other teams play him very tightly because he can really HURT YOU. 13 points on 8 shoots. Elite.

Lauri eFG .60%

Clarkson .51%

Vanderbilt .62%

BRICK IS AT .45%

BRICK HAS a TURN OVER RATE OF 19.8%.......Mike Conley has the highest in Utah at 10%

You expect to win when your "3rd best player" which is awarded by seniority? would not get off the bench in that Utah team.

Reaves on the other hand would be flourishing like Lauri and all the other guys are doing. Its like students. Not everyone can study at Harvard. Utah is for good students, guys like Reave who study the game to see how you can impact it more. He keeps increasing his production and efficiency and is now our 2nd best ball handler.

mike Conley has a TOV % of 13.3, and it far from the worst on the Jazz, kelly Olynyk is at 18.6
Pat bev at 16.4, Kendrick Nunn 17.6, DS is decent at 9.3 those are our other point guards. lebron james at 13.5, Reaves at 13.1
Russ is at least number 5 in the league in Ast% at 39.5. we are going to be a worse team by sending him home now. like it or not
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

Utah is full of Reaves.

Lauri eFG .60%

Clarkson .51%

Vanderbilt .62%

BRICK IS AT .45%

mike Conley has a TOV % of 13.3, and it far from the worst on the Jazz, kelly Olynyk is at 18.6
Pat bev at 16.4, Kendrick Nunn 17.6, DS is decent at 9.3 those are our other point guards. lebron james at 13.5, Reaves at 13.1
Russ is at least number 5 in the league in Ast% at 39.5. we are going to be a worse team by sending him home now. like it or not

Hes had seasons with over 10 assists per game, how'd that go? We don't need Russell to hold the ball, call for a pick and create for us. Its in your mind.

Olynyc barely barely makes decisions with the ball so its fine, Beverly, Nunn are also more of an off the ball guy. What you can't have is a guy constantly messing the flow of your offense by making DUMB play after DUMB play. 12 Turn overs the last 2 games! Imagine how many points they scored off 12 processions... lets say 12 Points assuming they hit at 50% (compounding 3s and FTs) but then you are also throwing away 12 potential points you could of score, thats 24 POINTS OVER 2 games!

Utah has missed Conley the last few games he is their coach on the floor.

AVERAGE SECONDS PER TOUCH:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?TeamID=1610612747&dir=D&sort=AVG_SEC_PER_TOUCH

BRICK 5.43, along with the high probability of him turning it over, and the high probability of him MISSING a shot if he decides to take it due to his TERRIBLE TERRIBLE shooting percentages. I am not sure how he is helping us
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

Utah is full of Reaves.

Lauri eFG .60%

Clarkson .51%

Vanderbilt .62%

BRICK IS AT .45%

Hes had seasons with over 10 assists per game, how'd that go? We don't need Russell to hold the ball, call for a pick and create for us. Its in your mind.

Olynyc barely barely makes decisions with the ball so its fine, Beverly, Nunn are also more of an off the ball guy. What you can't have is a guy constantly messing the flow of your offense by making DUMB play after DUMB play. 12 Turn overs the last 2 games! Imagine how many points they scored off 12 processions... lets say 12 Points assuming they hit at 50% (compounding 3s and FTs) but then you are also throwing away 12 potential points you could of score, thats 24 POINTS OVER 2 games!

Utah has missed Conley the last few games he is their coach on the floor.

AVERAGE SECONDS PER TOUCH:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?TeamID=1610612747&dir=D&sort=AVG_SEC_PER_TOUCH

BRICK 5.43, along with the high probability of him turning it over, and the high probability of him MISSING a shot if he decides to take it due to his TERRIBLE TERRIBLE shooting percentages. I am not sure how he is helping us

you are seriously cherry picking stats, he had a few cleaner games before the last 2, and certainly wasn't the why we lost the Pacers game.
he is coming off the bench now and as a playmaker, so of course his seconds per touch will go up, DS is second on lakers for that matter, he is taking less shots than last year, he made things happen for his teammates more than hunting for isos. if you watch the game and feel like Russ is the one stopping the game flow, i don't know what to tell you. it is clearly Lebron that is doing it.
he of course made dumb plays, but he made good plays too. to your point, if Pat bev, Nunn are only off the ball guys, then who would be our playmaker off the bench? DS is not a good playmaker either. dont tell me Austin Reaves can suddenly turn into Steve Nash.
by your calculation of how many points we could've scored without TOs, Lebron is basically same as Russ 3.7 TO vs 3.8 and he suppose to be our best player. the player who declined the most compare to last year is also Lebron especially the shooting stats. i am not ok with Russ starting, but off the bench, totally ok because Ham can play him as little as he wants.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Ham: Lakers' late collapse vs. Pacers 'on me'

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35136508/darvin-ham-lakers-blown-17-point-lead-falls-me

does he have the same writer as sean mcvay? lol
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject:

PG.Dennis 6"1
SG.Beverly 6"1
SF.Reaves 6"5
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

Why wouldn't Ham start Gabriel at PF and move LeBron up to SF and Reaves to SG?

Or Bryant at C

What is Beverly providing exactly?

Ham is playing it safe by keeping the vets happy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
PG.Dennis 6"1
SG.Beverly 6"1
SF.Reaves 6"5
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

Why wouldn't Ham start Gabriel at PF and move LeBron up to SF and Reaves to SG?

Or Bryant at C

What is Beverly providing exactly?

Ham is playing it safe by keeping the vets happy

He could def mix up the rotation a bit but this is more a symptom of Rob's work than it is a reflection of Ham... imo.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Didn't put Westbrook back in for the 4th. I thought he would've learned after the initial Portland loss, the near NO loss, but I guess it took another collapse.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Didn't put Westbrook back in for the 4th. I thought he would've learned after the initial Portland loss, the near NO loss, but I guess it took another collapse.

The second collapse (pacers) was on lebron more than Russ, but this is the benefit of him coming off the bench, you can bench him any time
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
levon wrote:

The second collapse (pacers) was on lebron more than Russ, but this is the benefit of him coming off the bench, you can bench him any time

Lebron stunk, but Russ' style of basketball can't close games. Let him run and gun in the midgame.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
levon wrote:

Lebron stunk, but Russ' style of basketball can't close games. Let him run and gun in the midgame.

I agree with that
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Hey, you gave Thomas Bryant minutes?
And he produced again?
Hopefully it doesn't take 2 of our starters to be down for you to do so next time.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
levon wrote:

Exactly, Lebron may stink it up once in while but with Westbrook, it’s supposed to happen.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject:

CHARLES SURVIVAL OF THE UNFIT DARVIN! COACH!
USE THE BIG LINE UP!
BRON-BROW-BRYANT UP FRONT!!!
THEN THE BEST GUARDS TO START AND CLOSE WITH THOSE 3 (DS/REAVES/WALKER/WESTBROOK)
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

Darwin. Darvin. Close enough, I guess πŸ˜‚
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Why did he have Westbrick in the game in the last minute?

MIL trapped Bron and forced it to BRICK who managed to miss both free throws...this is not acceptable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 283, 284, 285  Next
Page 77 of 285
Jump to: