Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 292, 293, 294  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Hamm about to get on that group therapy slack channel with Luke and Vogel. Coaching a Jeanie/Pelinka run team is the worst gig in Pro Basketball.

So true...it was well known what this team needed to win and the FO just hasn't provided it. So being a bad team is actually what we expected since the issues of 3pt shooting wasn't addressed it just that after the season started we hoped we were wrong and that somehow we could win anyway...but we were right...the team can't win without roster upgrades. With the recent injury history of AD and Lebron it may not have made a difference anyway.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Hamm about to get on that group therapy slack channel with Luke and Vogel. Coaching a Jeanie/Pelinka run team is the worst gig in Pro Basketball.

Vogel was fine. I mean you have to be doing something right to win a championship. Wasn't a fan of Luke, because he botched the development of the young core, but I understand the hire. However, I agree with the general sentiment that Ham is in a no-win situation, but I also think Vogel would have done a better job with the current roster.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Vogel was fine. I mean you have to be doing something right to win a championship. Wasn't a fan of Luke, because he botched the development of the young core, but I understand the hire. However, I agree with the general sentiment that Ham is in a no-win situation. I also think Vogel would have done a better job with the current roster.

There were things Vogel did that made him look as if he was challenged but the current losing shows that it wasn't his fault. If the FO was really committed to winning they would have fired Pelinka and kept Vogel...or better yet got rid of them both. Unfortunately, they aren't committed to winning so the person most responsible for this debacle, Pelinka, was extended.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Vogel was fine. I mean you have to be doing something right to win a championship. Wasn't a fan of Luke, because he botched the development of the young core, but I understand the hire. However, I agree with the general sentiment that Ham is in a no-win situation. I also think Vogel would have done a better job with the current roster.

There were things Vogel did that made him look as if he was challenged but the current losing shows that it wasn't his fault. If the FO was really committed to winning they would have fired Pelinka and kept Vogel...or better yet got rid of them both. Unfortunately, they aren't committed to winning so the person most responsible for this debacle, Pelinka, was extended.

Lets be honest here. The biggest blame is on Jeannie. She is the one making decisions about extending Pelinka and also I am sure she is the one that hired Ham. Or at least gave permission.
I dont blame Ham. He obviously does not have clue what he is doing and he cant motivate them to play. From the first moment and first press I saw a guy just telling the nice and proper things. But deep down clueless.
And this argument that everyone loves him as a person. How does that have to do with coaching. That really is smth I cannot understand.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

I was concerned that Ham was going to spend so much time in training camp/preseason having to figure out Russ. If we make a trade, and the cost is the same (or higher), the true cost is the current W/L record, the missing time we could have used to incorporate the trade pieces, etc.

Ham was given rotten ingredients to work with and it's just a shame he will be tethered to Rob/Jeanie.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Bol wrote:
If Pelinka doesn't know how to build a roster, why would he be any more astute at selecting a coach? Ham was the wrong guy for this team.

Who could have been the right guy if neither Vogel nor Ham are the "right guys"?

Well, in my opinion, Vogel was the right guy. I wanted him to stay. I said all along there wasn't a better coach available. He was axed to protect Pelinka. As far as I could tell, Westbrook was the only player who had a problem with him. Now Russ does seem happier.

Yes I see it the same way. Ham does deserve credit for elevating Westbrook's play.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Bol wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Bol wrote:
If Pelinka doesn't know how to build a roster, why would he be any more astute at selecting a coach? Ham was the wrong guy for this team.

Who could have been the right guy if neither Vogel nor Ham are the "right guys"?

Well, in my opinion, Vogel was the right guy. I wanted him to stay. I said all along there wasn't a better coach available. He was axed to protect Pelinka. As far as I could tell, Westbrook was the only player who had a problem with him. Now Russ does seem happier.

Yes I see it the same way. Ham does deserve credit for elevating Westbrook's play.

Should have hired Lue anyway, and David Griffin as VPoBO, then let West take the consulting job. That would have prevented the major mistakes.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Bol wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Bol wrote:

Should have hired Lue anyway, and David Griffin as VPoBO, then let West take the consulting job. That would have prevented the major mistakes.

how do we know Lue wanted the job.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Bol wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Bol wrote:

how do we know Lue wanted the job.

Didn’t want to give Lue what he wanted because it was too expensive, but then end up paying for two coaches instead.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

It is clear that Pelinka is responsible for this team.

This year, the only constant is Pelinka and the team still sucks.

Vogel is gone so you cannot blame him.

Pelinka needs to go.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Im seeing a lot of idiotic lineups out there
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:

No more Russ and Pat closing games please
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

LW4 played a lot of PF for us at the end, it’s like Vogel never left
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

If we lose more games than last year does Ham get the boot?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Ksig wrote:

No more Russ and Pat closing games please

Like it or not, when lebron is out, Russ kind of has to play because we have zero playmakers, most of the players on the court can’t complete an entry pass to AD
Pat Bev on the other hand, was just stupid? Why not Troy brown or even JTA?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Clown cost us the game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
If we lose more games than last year does Ham get the boot?

Well, that might cost a lot of money to Jeanie, but not liking what I am seeing so far from Ham,
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mad55557777 wrote:

So dumb.
But what was the alternative today?
Brown wasn't playing well unfortunately.
Maybe Gab.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Clown cost us the game.

There isn’t a lineup that wins us the game. Guy is getting the same treatment as Vogel.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I miss Vogel
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

So dumb.
But what was the alternative today?
Brown wasn't playing well unfortunately.
Maybe Gab.

Go big was the only way to go,
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Clown cost us the game.

There isn’t a lineup that wins us the game. Guy is getting the same treatment as Vogel.

Fox was abusing Pat bev on every damm possession and this bald head didn’t do squat about it

Pulled out reeves for no reason with 3:45 left in 4th
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Hilarious that people think roster is the issue, Ham has been all talk since becoming the Lakers coach, the Lakers just don’t want to be embarrassed firing him this early when they just gave him a extension.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hilarious that people think roster is the issue, Ham has been all talk since becoming the Lakers coach, the Lakers just don’t want to be embarrassed firing him this early when they just gave him a extension.

Roster is an issue.
Ham has also made questionable lineups.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Our play out of the timeouts might be the worst in the NBA history
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
Page 72 of 294
Jump to: