******** 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread ********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
hype wrote:
He not only has never been the best player in the league for a Season

That's an interesting comment to make about a guy with two MVPs, the second of which was the first time anyone in the history of the league won by a unanimous vote. Sure, Curry is getting hyped up in the afterglow of a Finals win. That's normal. But let's keep some perspective here.

Is he saying Curry getting it was like Malone getting it?

Nash got 2 neither of which was he considered best player in league.

Malone, Nash and Curry. The fraud MVPs of the NBA?
Who else is on that list? AI?
Asking for a friend, not that I agree with said list.

I’m not saying they are frauds, but the prerequisite is team success vs best player.

Yea. Going by awards based on subjective criteria is pretty wack.
What do you think about all-nba awards? Same issue?

Maybe. I think if you are a main stay they are valuable. If top 10 is the argument imho you would have to be considered best player in the league or a valid argument can be made that you are. Steph was stuck in bron era but even the last few years he couldn’t hold that crown. Even being the greatest at something doesn’t drag you there imho. He’s dope and I am a fan, but Karl Malone was a monster and doesn’t crack top 10 and for years he was considered best PF until Td.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject:

@hype chill bro. I'm in agreement with you.

On a personal note, this past week, I've been called a Lebron stan and now a Lebron hater.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
@hype chill bro. I'm in agreement with you.

On a personal note, this past week, I've been called a Lebron stan and now a Lebron hater.

I was just replying to the entire chain, none of it really had anything that was directed specifically to you but looking back I can see why it looks like that. I agree with what you said.

Same here though about Bron.. I've been called both at probably a near perfect 50/50 split over the last few years. Outside of liking him quite a bit for getting us a Championship in such a brutal year I don't really love him or hate him overall so I guess it makes sense.

It kind of reminds me how someone recently said I was Celtics lover because I didn't have much disdain for any of the individual players while I was wearing a shirt that literally said "F(four leaf clover)ck The Celtics".
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thetraeyoung/status/1539397286635220992?s=21&t=1GYTmvcimcpe0wvxcP_2Rw

The smh after 1 mvp is too good.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject:

@hype, it's all good!
If both ends of the spectrum are mad at you, you're doing something right haha.

Halflife wrote:
https://twitter.com/thetraeyoung/status/1539397286635220992?s=21&t=1GYTmvcimcpe0wvxcP_2Rw

The smh after 1 mvp is too good.

Love that current players got love for Kobe.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Have YOU seen Cousy and West play? Because they couldn’t even use their offhand to dribble for a majority of their careers lol

Cousy was a magician with the ball, and so was Magic. If they didn't have strong left hands it didn't hinder their passing and getting around a defender one on one.

Magic spent the majority of his career playing with Hall of Famers and arguably the greatest basketball player of all time (Kareem). Do you hold that against him?

Nope

I don’t deal with hypotheticals, I deal with reality. Curry torched the best defense in the NBA
that neutralized Durant, Cousy played against plumbers and used car salesmen.

So did Magic and Cousy. The defense was more physical in the past.

The league was shallow in the Russell, Cousy days. Professional basketball was just beginning to take off. The NBA was competing with college basketball. Plumbers and used car salesman is a fallacy.

"Defense was more phsycial in the past" is borderline Skip Bayless level of analysis. What does that mean? This isn't football, go compare the level of defense Boston and San Antonio played against Kobe and compare it to the Bad Boys Pistons, it doesn't even compare. You need to look at defense in terms of schemes. Compare Boston's 2010 strong side zones against Kobe to a stiff like Lambieer shoving Jordan into the ground. Look at how physical Boston was against Durant or Miami against Trae these Playoffs. Defense is still physical, it just isn't as dirty as it was in the 80s. And don't get me started on offense. Why did Wilt, one of the greatest physical specimens in sports, make post moves away from the basket? Why did Mikan and Kareem develop post hooks, AWAY FROM THE DEFENDER, as their primary go-to post moves? You stated you watched basketball from that era, what rules were in place that required post players to play less aggressive in the post than someone like Shaq or even Embiid?

Robertson is less accomplished than Curry, played in a signficiantly weaker era, didn't win a title until arguably the greatest basketball player of all time carried him there, and his stats are less impressive when adjusted for pace and even then, was outdone by Westbrook in every statisitcal category. There is NO argument for Robertson over Curry, zero.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

another reason to dislike the Warriors, Dray and Joe!!

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1539084571198767104?s=20&t=1Oa3yI33TXCQUhYJm1vqBw
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject:

AD starting the preseason with an injury. It may be a precaution not to play him because of lower back tightness. I hope this is not an indication of what to expect for the season

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Garbage time

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:01 am    Post subject:

Jo, you're on the post season thread, find the pre-season
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299
Page 299 of 299
Jump to: