******** 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread ********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 297, 298, 299  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

If you are building a team and start with Poole, kuminga, looney you’re probably in good shape
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
If you are building a team and start with Poole, kuminga, looney you’re probably in good shape

Good shape in what? Those guys are all a big ??? without Curry/Klay/Draymond.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Kerr had 4 years of planning defenses against prime Lebron.
I think he'll be fine against Luka.

Except Lebron wasn’t stopped whenever they played the Dubs.

He just didn’t have as many weapons as the warriors did
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

When you’re building you are usually starting from a place of question marks.

Those 3 would be a nice base imho.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They are just 1 piece like Westbrick away from championship contention.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

From what I see those guys are top 5 lotto potential unless one of them turn to a top 5 player. Which I dont see.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

From what I see those guys are top 5 lotto potential unless one of them turn to a top 5 player. Which I dont see.

Loonz is an excellent role player, the likes of which the Lakeshow would LOVE to have. Kuminga = ???. Poole... he has star potential IMO. I'm interested to see how his development continues to go...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Kerr had 4 years of planning defenses against prime Lebron.
I think he'll be fine against Luka.

Except Lebron wasn’t stopped whenever they played the Dubs.

He just didn’t have as many weapons as the warriors did

It's not that they stopped Lebron.
It's that they got to experience defending him.
And obviously Luka is no prime Lebron.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 2:10 am    Post subject:

The fairy tale may be over for Dallas
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:49 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Think they were down 2-0 to the Suns as well as 3-2, but I see this one differently. Said so before the series. You can't do to the Warriors the things that those defensive schemes did to Dallas. Some of the doubles/tactics they used on the Suns were great but I can't see them working vs Golden State. There's just a talent level gap here, that schemes and tactics can't overcome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject:

These playoffs should make everyone reconsider how difficult it was for LBJ to make so many NBA Finals on the HEAT/Cavs, and how crazy it was that Kobe/Pau went to 3 consecutive Finals (and won 2 of them).

Seems it's tougher to get repeat champs in today's NBA for some reason, and the notion that a team is a shoe in to win multiple championships or make multiple conference finals is fanciful to me.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:05 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

The season will still be extremely positive for them

Luka is arguably the best player in the NBA, they found great role players, their coach is good

Now they have to get some help to Luka

Right now GSW is simply deeper
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
These playoffs should make everyone reconsider how difficult it was for LBJ to make so many NBA Finals on the HEAT/Cavs, and how crazy it was that Kobe/Pau went to 3 consecutive Finals (and won 2 of them).

Seems it's tougher to get repeat champs in today's NBA for some reason, and the notion that a team is a shoe in to win multiple championships or make multiple conference finals is fanciful to me.

It’s why I’m always confused when our own fans talk about the 2020 championship like it was no big deal or not worth the trade, etc. Its really really hard to win one.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It’s why I’m always confused when our own fans talk about the 2020 championship like it was no big deal or not worth the trade, etc. Its really really hard to win one.

no one says its 'no big deal."
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

People absolutely act that way. There’s plenty of people around here that downplay it and belittle it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

People absolutely act that way. There’s plenty of people around here that downplay it and belittle it.

No one belittles it. However to say it wasn’t advantageous to two guys incapable of lasting for the schedule of a normal season is dishonest.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:51 am    Post subject:

i love Luka. what a cocky bastard, LOL! "Baby Bird" is definitely an appropriate nickname for him. he should ask Larry for some of his all time trash talk gems to use.

Luka needs his "Robin" to go all the way though.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

Halflife wrote:
ocho wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No one belittles it. However to say it wasn’t advantageous to two guys incapable of lasting for the schedule of a normal season is dishonest.

Was losing the home court throughout the playoffs that we fought all season for advantageous? Was losing one of our starting guards because they didn’t want to go to the bubble advantageous?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But we've won 16 of them prior to Jeanie taking over. If you're saying the championship was worth the trade, then you're satisfied with winning a championship every 10 years? I mean we could repeat everything again by tanking for 6 years to build up assets then trade for a superstar and then win another championship every 10 years. Would you be satisfied with winning a chip every 10 years? If the Lakers were only winning one championship every 10 years, then they'd only have won 6 championships by 2013, the year Jeanie took over.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But we've won 16 of them prior to Jeanie taking over. If you're saying the championship was worth the trade, then you're satisfied with winning a championship every 10 years? I mean we could repeat everything again by tanking for 6 years to build up assets then trade for a superstar and then win another championship every 10 years. Would you be satisfied with winning a chip every 10 years?

Lol buckle up because with the way our management is being run it’s probably going to be longer than 10 years before the next one (if there ever is a next one). You’re entitled to only be happy with dynasties but it’s not very realistic even for the best run organizations.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But we've won 16 of them prior to Jeanie taking over. If you're saying the championship was worth the trade, then you're satisfied with winning a championship every 10 years? I mean we could repeat everything again by tanking for 6 years to build up assets then trade for a superstar and then win another championship every 10 years. Would you be satisfied with winning a chip every 10 years?

Lol buckle up because with the way our management is being run it’s probably going to be longer than 10 years before the next one (if there ever is a next one). You’re entitled to only be happy with dynasties but it’s not very realistic even for the best run organizations.

It's exactly why I've been advocating so aggressively for an ownership change. This entire front office needs to go and only a new owner would make that happen. The Lakers still have an innate advantage of being the goto franchise but I don't know how long that will last if we kept playing like this season.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's exactly why I've been advocating so aggressively for an ownership change. This entire front office needs to go and only a new owner would make that happen. The Lakers still have an innate advantage of being the goto franchise but I don't know how long that will last if we kept playing like this season.

I think that’s what we would all want. Our best bet though is the next owner of the Lakers is a smarter Buss kid.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But we've won 16 of them prior to Jeanie taking over. If you're saying the championship was worth the trade, then you're satisfied with winning a championship every 10 years? I mean we could repeat everything again by tanking for 6 years to build up assets then trade for a superstar and then win another championship every 10 years. Would you be satisfied with winning a chip every 10 years? If the Lakers were only winning one championship every 10 years, then they'd only have won 6 championships by 2013, the year Jeanie took over.

I mean technically, they've won one championship in 3 seasons with AD/LBJ. I know people have different agendas here. Some want to belittle AD/LBJ at every turn. Some want Jeanie out, etc. I can't fault AD/LBJ for "only" winning a championship 1 out of 3 seasons together.

But I do agree about the Jeanie/Rob angle. I was open to change but man, were they lucky Klutch chose the Lakers and gifted them a ring. Now imagine the vitriol if they didn't win in 2020.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think that’s what we would all want. Our best bet though is the next owner of the Lakers is a smarter Buss kid.

I don't mind as long as he doesn't utilize nepotism. I mean hiring only friends and family not only severely limit the pool of qualified candidates but it also makes it harder to fire them if and when they screw up. Jeanie was probably patting Pelinka on the back while pointing the finger at Vogel placing all the blames on him.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Context matters.

It would be impossible today to go to the Finals 9 times in 11 years like we did in the 80s.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 187 of 299
Jump to: