Anyone else over the spamming of player X, whose been a Laker for 35 seconds, has passed so and so in the record books!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject: Anyone else over the spamming of player X, whose been a Laker for 35 seconds, has passed so and so in the record books!

Obviously LeBron is the main one but at least he’s been here for 4 years. I cared very little when he passed Kobe for 3. Care a bit more when he passed Malone. This season though, we sign a bunch of old farts and go

“Oh DJ has passed some dude for 43rd in rebounds!”
“Oh Melo has passed some dude for whatever in points!”
“Oh my Westbrook has passed D Wade whatever in points!”

I don’t give a flying (bleep)! I barely know these (bleep) and they certainly are not Lakers in my book. Like I’m suppose to celebrate the player’s achievements never ever giving a crap about that player the last 10 years.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject:

What’s worse is when they just look up some random combination of statistics: “First player to have 26 points, 11 rebounds, and 5 assists at age 35 or older.” How do they even have this stuff on file?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject:

Congrats kfkilla for being only the second poster in history to get 3637 posts on the final sunday of March while wearing two left socks and limiting expletives to 2 or less per post. Very impressive
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Congrats kfkilla for being only the second poster in history to get 3637 posts on the final sunday of March while wearing two left socks and limiting expletives to 2 or less per post. Very impressive

Damn. was gunning for that record. l do the same just wear two right socks instead.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

WC13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else over the spamming of player X, whose been a Laker for 35 seconds, has passed so and so in the record books!

kfkilla wrote:
Obviously LeBron is the main one but at least he’s been here for 4 years. I cared very little when he passed Kobe for 3. Care a bit more when he passed Malone. This season though, we sign a bunch of old farts and go

I don’t give a flying (bleep)! I barely know these (bleep) and they certainly are not Lakers in my book. Like I’m suppose to celebrate the player’s achievements never ever giving a crap about that player the last 10 years.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It's a great achievement and deserves recognition.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else over the spamming of player X, whose been a Laker for 35 seconds, has passed so and so in the record books!

kfkilla wrote:

I don't get the sense that there has been an excessive amount of attention as melo, westbrook, etc. past other players in the all-time rankings. It's something that's certainly worth mentioning in broadcasts and in game reports as it's happening though.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else over the spamming of player X, whose been a Laker for 35 seconds, has passed so and so in the record books!

WC13 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Is it really that great of an achievement?
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Just stop watching then. This would’ve been a good year to skip
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else over the spamming of player X, whose been a Laker for 35 seconds, has passed so and so in the record books!

Outspoken wrote:
WC13 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Is it really that great of an achievement?

Sure.

Carmelo passed Moses Malone to be the 9th greatest scorer in NBA history, and he's coming up on Shaq. That's a great achievement worth noting.

I honestly have trouble seeing why this bothers someone.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

^
Because they are random players that have been lakers for a few months. They are not players that did the majority of those things as Lakers. I don’t share a sense of history with these folks. Nothing for me to be heart felt moment about and reflecting on the past and what all those points/rebounds etc meant. It also doesn’t help to hear it when my team is having a crap season. We are down by 26, but hey some dude who had his best years on another team just passed so and so on some list. Yay!!! If you don’t get it it’s cool, we just don’t think alike.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
^
Because they are random players that have been lakers for a few months. They are not players that did the majority of those things as Lakers. I don’t share a sense of history with these folks. Nothing for me to be heart felt moment about and reflecting on the past and what all those points/rebounds etc meant. It also doesn’t help to hear it when my team is having a crap season. We are down by 26, but hey some dude who had his best years on another team just passed so and so on some list. Yay!!! If you don’t get it it’s cool, we just don’t think alike.

They are Lakers today. I'm not sure why it bothers you if a broadcaster notes during a game that Carmelo just passed Moses Malone on the all-time scoring list. Because that's really all we're talking about. It's not like people are throwing a parade every time a player passes a milestone.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone else over the spamming of player X, whose been a Laker for 35 seconds, has passed so and so in the record books!

WC13 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

I always find it hilarious when these dudes that joined LG in June 2018 come out from under their rock to defend Lebron when this thread isn't specifically aimed toward him. Talk about touchy.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:58 am    Post subject:

Melo forced to sit out a season robbed him of the 30k club, crazy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: