Jeanie Buss Seen Enough?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:13 am    Post subject: Jeanie Buss Seen Enough?

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1498164984332890114?t=AfQwNUD8HdZAO9b2qDEe_A&s=19
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject:

Who knows the context. Would have helped if she pinched her nose while
leaving the building.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

Is she upset with herself or is she blaming someone else? She's the owner. I would be very impressed if she would stand in front of a camera and full responsibility for this season. It is in time of adversity that we find out who's the real leader.

That video is just the perfect meme for this team. When you're losing, run and hide. Jeanie would make a great general on a battlefield if you don't want to win.

It is in these dark times that the leadership needs to be more visible and vocal to assure everyone that the alpha female is still in control. Trading away Rondo to save a couple million dollars sends a message to free agents that you're cheap. While it saves a couple million in the short term, in the long run it would give out a negative vibe/image of the team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Who knows the context. Would have helped if she pinched her nose while
leaving the building.

Yes. That would have certainly helped.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

Maybe she had to use the bathroom. People are reading too much into this.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

She will never admitting failure, because that’s like admitting Jim Buss is better than her. She will fire Vogel, replace him with her pet Rambis, and buy her some time until the off season.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Is she upset with herself or is she blaming someone else? She's the owner. I would be very impressed if she would stand in front of a camera and full responsibility for this season. It is in time of adversity that we find out who's the real leader.

That video is just the perfect meme for this team. When you're losing, run and hide. Jeanie would make a great general on a battlefield if you don't want to win.

It is in these dark times that the leadership needs to be more visible and vocal to assure everyone that the alpha female is still in control. Trading away Rondo to save a couple million dollars sends a message to free agents that you're cheap. While it saves a couple million in the short term, in the long run it would give out a negative vibe/image of the team.

Not sure what a more vocal leader is supposed to say after watching this season.

Call out the team leaders for getting injured? Or playing uninspired and going through the motions instead of competing? State the team chemistry sucks because too many older vets are feeling “ entitled” instead of sacrifice for the team.

Are you really expecting ownership to stand up at a press conference and call out the players for underachieving? I would love to see a “ they suck and I’m tired of it” press conference. But that is my fan coming out. Not real world leadership.

Maybe instead of expecting Jeannie to call out the players we expect the players or Vogel to express some criticisms and frustrations towards the collective team effort and results. Where is that emotion? That personal player accountability?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject:

No one is mentioning the obvious.

Why was she THERE, like, right in front of the Lakers bench, instead of up in her penthouse where owners usually are. I contend that she wanted to make her presence, and early exit, well known to the Lakers team, including the coaching staff. Maybe she wanted to hear how the players are conversing to each other, what the coaches are saying, and how they are saying it. Maybe she wanted to see who is trying, who is checked out, who is frustrated, who is thinking of Cancun. Whatever it is, she deliberately sat across from that Lakers bench.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Why was she THERE, like, right in front of the Lakers bench, instead of up in her penthouse where owners usually are. I contend that she wanted to make her presence, and early exit, well known to the Lakers team, including the coaching staff. Maybe she wanted to hear how the players are conversing to each other, what the coaches are saying, and how they are saying it. Maybe she wanted to see who is trying, who is checked out, who is frustrated, who is thinking of Cancun. Whatever it is, she deliberately sat across from that Lakers bench.

Interesting point.

According to the game reporters the bench was devoid of emotion and energy from the start. Only one trying to be upbeat as they were down by 20+ pts was Westbrook.

You don’t see that from the Owners box. But to your point of “ being visible” to the players and coaches. Do you really think they care?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Do you think she is gonna go on a media tour and talk about how she can't go to the games because this is not the Lakers she's used to or write a book; like when Jim buss was here?
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject:

The fans should have booed her on her way out.

What a crook that all those people paid all that money to get in to watch this garbage team.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

Passive aggressive behavior, when what we need is direct communication and perhaps a kick in the ass.

And to think that there are people being paid millions of dollars to run this joke of a team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

she always sits there. She tends to head to the back around 4th quarter. she wasn't near the bench.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
troy wrote:

Interesting point.

According to the game reporters the bench was devoid of emotion and energy from the start. Only one trying to be upbeat as they were down by 20+ pts was Westbrook.

You don’t see that from the Owners box. But to your point of “ being visible” to the players and coaches. Do you really think they care?

I think some of the 1 year rentals do care that their boss is staring them down. But you never know. Even some of the stars may be subject to some intimidation. I can see the coaching staff being a bit nervous, too.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

she always sits there. She tends to head to the back around 4th quarter. she wasn't near the bench.

So, it's no big deal then, I guess...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

Could be, but what is seen on video isn't out of the norm. She occasionally watches 2nd half of games in the back. She is LA, she leaves early too.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

If she wasn’t in charge she would be on 710 every day undermining the team and saying they need to get back to being the Lakers.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:
Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

Could be, but what is seen on video isn't out of the norm. She occasionally watches 2nd half of games in the back. She is LA, she leaves early too.

Agree with this. When she is in attendance she always sits in that corner, typically with Linda Rambis and some others. She comes and goes frequently.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject:

hey Jeanie, it's not that bad. you can sit home and collect the huge luxury tax payments after Lebron is done and we "rebuild" for 10 years.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Big reach IMO. She could’ve left if the scores were flipped or even if it was a close game. Probably had somewhere to be.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Big reach IMO. She could’ve left if the scores were flipped or even if it was a close game. Probably had somewhere to be.

I would have somewhere to be as well, a score looking like that. I could be at home, relaxing taking a salt bath.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually impressed she was willing to sit so close to the fans. Thank goodness none of the fans were bad enough to do anything 'rude' when she was leaving
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Snipes wrote:

I would have somewhere to be as well, a score looking like that. I could be at home, relaxing taking a salt bath.

or chilling with bath salts.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
I'm actually impressed she was willing to sit so close to the fans. Thank goodness none of the fans were bad enough to do anything 'rude' when she was leaving

You know shes hearing it. Probably not directed at her but you know the :

Russ sucks
Bron is gassed
AD is soft
peilinka looks like rob lowe chants
were raining down on her.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

For me last night was a low point as a Laker fan. I started watching in 1979. It starts at the top and bleeds all the way down to the players. Watching what are supposed to be two veteran superstars go at fans for calling them out for their piss poor efforts was hard to watch. Watching our owner get up and desert the team at halftime was equally as sad. It was like a captain deserting a sinking ship. I am not sure where we go from here, or if this is even a repairable situation with Jeanie in charge.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: