It would take balls to do this but.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject: It would take balls to do this but.

TRADE LBJ & or AD, you can’t tell me that any team would like to have either. Bite the bullet rest of year with Russ, but get draft picks better yet 3-6 players to improve over all quality. Yeah, it would take humongous balls to do this but that’s the only way to be competitive after next year & perhaps bring a YOUNGER ALL STAR or TWO after Russ’s contract.

So basically none of the 360 big three are here in two years & front office learns it better to build a team like Warriors, Suns & Bucks than trading 3-4 players for aging past prime guys!
HC: Riley
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject:

AD for Jaylen Brown and picks— who says no?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I do. And the Lakers.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

as much as i want to trade AD to sell high, that's clearly not enough for AD. Tatum and 2nd round pick for AD is more reasonable, but Boston won't do it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: It would take balls to do this but.

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
TRADE LBJ & or AD, you can’t tell me that any team would like to have either. Bite the bullet rest of year with Russ, but get draft picks better yet 3-6 players to improve over all quality. Yeah, it would take humongous balls to do this but that’s the only way to be competitive after next year & perhaps bring a YOUNGER ALL STAR or TWO after Russ’s contract.

So basically none of the 360 big three are here in two years & front office learns it better to build a team like Warriors, Suns & Bucks than trading 3-4 players for aging past prime guys!

So you would tank in a year we don't have a draft pick?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

as much as i want to trade AD to sell high, that's clearly not enough for AD. Tatum and 2nd round pick for AD is more reasonable, but Boston won't do it.

What makes Jaylen Brown so much worse than Tatum other than age?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: It would take balls to do this but.

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

How much trade value Lebron actually has is an interesting question.

He is still a great playing, but he's showing a pattern of injuries and has missed a lot of games, so if you trade for Lebron you really can't count on a long run with him.

His contract only has a year to run (and he could even opt out next year).

There probably aren't many teams which can match salaries and provide additional assets who would want him at this point. And no team is going to trade for him unless Lebron is 100% onboard with going there. So his actual trade value might be much lower than some people imagine.

AD has much more trade value.

Anyway, I don't actually see this happening. I don't see the Lakers cashing in AD and Lebron for a bunch of draft picks.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject:

Boston's all in on the Brown and Tatum combo unless they fall apart in the playoffs.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

he has to be worth more than that.

AD- tatum
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

Need to keep AD and Lebron… everyone else is expendable. This Pelinka version is NO fun to watch and has NO chemistry.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: It would take balls to do this but.

activeverb wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

He is still a great playing, but he's showing a pattern of injuries and has missed a lot of games, so if you trade for Lebron you really can't count on a long run with him.

There probably aren't many teams which can match salaries and provide additional assets who would want him at this point. And no team is going to trade for him unless Lebron is 100% onboard with going there. So his actual trade value might be much lower than some people imagine.

Anyway, I don't actually see this happening. I don't see the Lakers cashing in AD and Lebron for a bunch of draft picks.

Agree, but I would try to accommodate LBJ & keep him on west coast to be thankful but if I was another team like Cav’s, Grizzlies, Knicks, Bulls, a fringe team. Even Kings would be a contender with LBJ & talent they have especially with Sabonis now. Just saying. I would sacrifice rest of year & next to be competitive for next 5-7 years Instead of this year to year reach & failure, hey LBJ proved in first year with us he couldn’t fully carry the load & needed another star.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: It would take balls to do this but.

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Agree, but I would try to accommodate LBJ & keep him on west coast to be thankful but if I was another team like Cav’s, Grizzlies, Knicks, Bulls, a fringe team. Even Kings would be a contender with LBJ & talent they have especially with Sabonis now. Just saying. I would sacrifice rest of year & next to be competitive for next 5-7 years Instead of this year to year reach & failure, hey LBJ proved in first year with us he couldn’t fully carry the load & needed another star.

Bron - Cam johnson/Cam payne/Pick
AD - Tatum /Williams III
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

AD- tatum

It's fairly rare for a team to trade an established, all-NBA-level star for an established, all-NBA level star. More commonly, you get promising younger players who the receiving team hopes turns into something.

The notion that we are going to be able to turn Lebron and AD into a quick and painless rebuild is dubious.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

AD- tatum

It's fairly rare for a team to trade an established, all-NBA-level star for an established, all-NBA level star. More commonly, you get promising younger players who the receiving team hopes turns into something.

The notion that we are going to be able to turn Lebron and AD into a quick and painless rebuild is dubious.

if celtics flame out in playoffs they are going to have to do something. I'm sure moving JB would be their pref, but AD would probably make them better in place of tatum with the pieces around. AD and tatum would be unfortunate.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I do. And the Lakers.

Yep, NO
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Lakers haters would jump on that trade.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I dare say this, but I have this feeling players come here to die & end their career’s & Jeanie, family & dumb friends who milk the team for an easy pay day continues to allow this to happen.

Something has to change & the Buss family needs to go into the sunset unless they (Jeanie) decides to wise up & hire another (cough, cough Jerry West) to get this team on track not load up for a one year Yahtzee!

I’d prefer 10 years of competitiveness over 2-3 years of hoping. Someone who can manage the team’s financial & competitive edge! I just don’t think the Buss family & most of all the right guidance & people underneath them to succeed!!!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject:

AD for Jokic

Lebron for Giannis

We win it all!!!
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

AD to warriors for Wiseman, green and Kuminga.

Works well salary wise.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
I dare say this, but I have this feeling players come here to die & end their career’s & Jeanie, family & dumb friends who milk the team for an easy pay day continues to allow this to happen.

Something has to change & the Buss family needs to go into the sunset unless they (Jeanie) decides to wise up & hire another (cough, cough Jerry West) to get this team on track not load up for a one year Yahtzee!

I’d prefer 10 years of competitiveness over 2-3 years of hoping. Someone who can manage the team’s financial & competitive edge! I just don’t think the Buss family & most of all the right guidance & people underneath them to succeed!!!

so ad in his 20's is already ready to die? Ok.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject:

It would take balls, yes. But Pelinka doesn't have any. LeBron keeps them in a jar next to his bed.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:35 am    Post subject:

100% agree. But to do this you need to be smart also not only to have balls. You need to get the most value as possible. Laker FO is not capable of doing it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: