View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
OK. That was Cifuentes manning up. He didn't hit him in the back, he hit him in the mouth.

Sorry to hear you have such a piss poor idea of what it is to be a man.

Sorry to hear you have such a piss poor idea of what it takes to man up in the streets. You stand up or get knocked down. Lots of peer pressure. Both men were with friends. If Bryant hadn't hit back he would have gotten punked when he got back home. It ain't nuthin nice out there.

Two drunk idiots don't have to fight

I guess that push in the back was life threatening?

If the evidence in this thread is right it seems Cifuentes didn't have any idea if Luna was turning around to apologize

Even though you want people beaten to death for stupid mistakes I do not wish the same on you Sir.

Instead of getting punked he may be facing manslaughter - Great Exchange! People point to our incarceration rates like we just lock people up for nothing.. Not being man enough to show restraint is why people get locked the (bleep) up
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

The things is . . . once you break the law, get caught & convicted . . . you end up in a place where the other criminals have just about as many rules as "free" society.

Not following the rules - - inside - - can get you a severe beating . . . or worse.

Be civil. Obey the law.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Family of 49ers Fan Daniel Luna Seeks Justice, Answers In SoFi Stadium Attack

Family of 49ers fan Daniel Luna calling for justice after attack

The answer might be don't push strangers in the back?

Or maybe don't be that pathetic, insecure dude-bro who feels the need to escalate things to prove their "manhood" by pushing the other guy in the back and then punching him in the face.

If that's the answer, so be it. But, if you go push some stranger in the back 100 times, chances are you're going to get popped in the face by at least 50.

The other 50 might turn around and say "sir, why did you push me in the back for no reason? I think you owe me an apology!"

Those are the chances you take if you want to go around pushing strangers in the back.

I think yer being very kind on 50/50, at that. Probably closer to 75/25. Sucks, but reality. Maybe the odds go down if the pushee's woman is there to restrain them or vice versa for the pusher. As dudes, we know how injurious stuff like that can be to our egos. For many of us, it's too much. And for many, the anger swells up in their brain in a split second and they almost can't see straight. That happens to women, too, as Youtube has shown. Recall the Sops epi where Tony went to scream at his sister for beating another woman at a youth soccer game. I know Ativan is one of the top 100 meds prescribed already, but in America, it should be infused into municipal water supplies and toothpaste like flouride. It wasn't a friend to late, great Chris Cornell, but for most people, it would greatly help limit a lot of this stuff.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
OK. That was Cifuentes manning up. He didn't hit him in the back, he hit him in the mouth.

Sorry to hear you have such a piss poor idea of what it takes to man up in the streets. You stand up or get knocked down. Lots of peer pressure. Both men were with friends. If Bryant hadn't hit back he would have gotten punked when he got back home. It ain't nuthin nice out there.

Two drunk idiots don't have to fight

I guess that push in the back was life threatening?

If the evidence in this thread is right it seems Cifuentes didn't have any idea if Luna was turning around to apologize

Even though you want people beaten to death for stupid mistakes I do not wish the same on you Sir.

Instead of getting punked he may be facing manslaughter - Great Exchange! People point to our incarceration rates like we just lock people up for nothing.. Not being man enough to show restraint is why people get locked the (bleep) up

I don't want to see anyone beaten to death. We don't know if both were drunk. That's a supposition.

I'm not making excuses for or condoning Cifuentes behavior. I'm offering an opinion on why he acted as he did. Showing constraint may have been a wiser option but it wasn't the one chosen.

It's not clear what Luna's disposition was when he turned. Was it aggressive, passive? Life threatening is subjective. The video will shed light on that.

Both were wrong. I want to know who the instigator was and their reasons for starting the altercation.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sorry to hear you have such a piss poor idea of what it takes to man up in the streets. You stand up or get knocked down. Lots of peer pressure. Both men were with friends. If Bryant hadn't pushed back he would have gotten punked when he got back home. It ain't nuthin nice out there.

I grew up running the streets, and have both a military and LE background, and no, you don't have to throw a punch in response to a shove in order to not be "punked" (which BTW is a term we should find an alternative for, since its actual meaning is deeply deeply homophobic and tied to rape). There are plenty of ways to verbally and physically posture without going to throwing bombs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sorry to hear you have such a piss poor idea of what it takes to man up in the streets. You stand up or get knocked down. Lots of peer pressure. Both men were with friends. If Bryant hadn't pushed back he would have gotten punked when he got back home. It ain't nuthin nice out there.

I grew up running the streets, and have both a military and LE background, and no, you don't have to throw a punch in response to a shove in order to not be "punked" (which BTW is a term we should find an alternative for, since its actual meaning is deeply deeply homophobic and tied to rape). There are plenty of ways to verbally and physically posture without going to throwing bombs.

I agree. As I said I'm not making excuses for or condoning Bryant's actions just offering an opinion on why things went the way they did. Am I right? I don't know. Am I wrong? I don't know. It's an opinion.

I substitute shamed as an alternative. Doesn't have the same street impact but is more socially acceptable.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Were they both Drunk?

I'd guess without a doubt they were. Tesosterone + Alcohol + Tribalism is a bad mix. Doesn't matter if it's at a stadium or outside a night club. Seen more fights then I can remember back in my club promoting days. It's the same story every time. One group of drunks start chattering louder and louder and they bump into another group. Most times it doesn't escalate but once one guy's ego gets out of control, hands start getting thrown.

I remember an incident on one of the documentary series like 20/20 where some big college kid got in a scuffle and punched another. Same drill...head hits concrete, other kid dies. The puncher went to prison. All that over a single punch.

Just so not worth. Ish isn't the movies. Get clipped in the jaw and you're dropping to the floor like a crash dummy.

Yup. Remember this case? https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/11/14/2-women-to-be-sentenced-for-beating-death-of-woman-outside-oc-nightclub/

recreational violence is big dumb

I remember this. I've been to that bar and I'm familiar with the sorts that hang out in that area. Lot of bars and clubs and a lot of troublemakers around that area. Yeah, from everything I heard, the girl that got killed was doing just as much instigating as the other two. Vietnamese girl probably was an A student with a distant relative that's an OG. That's actually a common profile, especially 15-20 years ago. Lot of these youngsters think they're hard by association and love to mad dog. Think it was a kick to the head while she was down that ultimately did her in.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wherever you are, the idea of retaliation and escalation is not at all manly. It's immature, stupid and pointless. And if you hang out with people with those kinds of attitudes, you doesn't really have friends—just idiots who don't really appreciate you.

It's far more respectable (and "manly") to be the reasonable person who doesn't fall prey to engaging in pointless violence.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wherever you are, the idea of retaliation and escalation is not at all manly. It's immature, stupid and pointless. And if you hang out with people with those kinds of attitudes, you doesn't really have friends—just idiots who don't really appreciate you.

It's far more respectable (and "manly") to be the reasonable person who doesn't fall prey to engaging in pointless violence.

I agree on all points.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree on all points.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree on all points.

To be clear, I'm not condoning Bryan Cifuentes or Daniel Luna's actions. I only offered a street opinion or why they did what they did. Both could have handled it differently.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: