We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries

Is that narrative we are going with?

Jeanie Buss said:

Quote:
Until we’re 100% healthy, I don’t think you can really make any judgment... I would say until we’re 100 percent healthy, I won’t make any judgments about anything.

Lebron James Said:

Quote:
We have no idea what this team could be. How can we really assess when we haven't been whole?

That narrative is a scary viewpoint to have for the future, to be honest. If you can't recognize the mistakes, you continue to make them.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

If we're waiting to be 100% in this climate we might as well blow it up
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries

Outspoken wrote:

That narrative is a scary viewpoint to have for the future, to be honest. If you can't recognize the mistakes, you continue to make them.

Seems like a safe, predictable statement from a PR standpoint. Not surprising at all this is the Lakers official line.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

It's not a narrative; it's a convenient excuse.

We were .500 rolling with Lebron/AD/ and Westbrook, all of them healthy.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I thought our official excuse was -

‘Pre-season, wait till games count’

And then there’s hope that we have a ‘mythical switch’ we can use to ‘turn it on’ for the playoffs.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

All teams are dealing with continuity issues due to the nonsensical and unscientific covid protocols. Suns lost one of their best players for 7 games and still thrived. Good teams will find a way to win regardless of the circumstances.

At this point in the season, it's about establishing a standard of play and consistency. Superstars are needed in the playoffs, but all of that is moot if the team has zero chemistry. Lakers may or may not get there, but the signs aren't promising.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
I thought our official excuse was -

‘Pre-season, wait till games count’

And then there’s hope that we have a ‘mythical switch’ we can use to ‘turn it on’ for the playoffs.

Another excuse: "Vogel and Fizdale are the problem! Any other coach would do better"

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

what we know, regardless of numbers, is that AD can't put us on his shoulders and carry us for any amount of time.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Seems like a safe, predictable statement from a PR standpoint. Not surprising at all this is the Lakers official line.

This seems acurate. I'm sure behind closed doors, they may be losing their minds. 1 thing is for sure, we can't keep turning over a roster. I mean, this 1 they may have to, but we need to get a vision out side of "Bron and AD are our pillars. Let's get a 3rd star. Now let's sign who we can."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries

Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

This seems acurate. I'm sure behind closed doors, they may be losing their minds. 1 thing is for sure, we can't keep turning over a roster. I mean, this 1 they may have to, but we need to get a vision out side of "Bron and AD are our pillars. Let's get a 3rd star. Now let's sign who we can."

the pillars are the problem.

bron is constantly injured and missing games and can only be legendary sometimes. It will never get better.

AD, always dinged, hasn't shown an ounce of being able to carry us...ever.

Pelinka needs to think long and hard if we can win a ring the next 2 years. If the answer is no then AD should be moved for a superstar and solid role guy.

Vogel at worst with long guys can make us elite defensively.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries

Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Building around stars has always been the Lakers thing. I don't understand why Pelinka has changed out the roster the last two years. It seems like he's been on a crusade to swap out defense for offense, but the offense never gells.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

They act like Ariza and Nunn being out is the reason why they can't evaluate the team. I call COMPLETE BS on that.

There was a point where the only guys that were out were Ariza and Nunn. We had everybody else perfectly healthy and ready to play... Plenty of teams have guys out and they've evaluated their teams perfectly fine. This is just a bunch of PR saving moves from these guys. Nothing else to it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
It's not a narrative; it's a convenient excuse.

We were .500 rolling with Lebron/AD/ and Westbrook, all of them healthy.

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
They act like Ariza and Nunn being out is the reason why they can't evaluate the team. I call COMPLETE BS on that.

There was a point where the only guys that were out were Ariza and Nunn. We had everybody else perfectly healthy and ready to play... Plenty of teams have guys out and they've evaluated their teams perfectly fine. This is just a bunch of PR saving moves from these guys. Nothing else to it.

Yea it's not just about Ariza and Nunn... It's the timing of when guys are going in and out of the line-up.

I mean if you really evaluating them. Evaluate the team when the big 3 played together. But I believe Lakers have a 11-6 record when Lebron/AD/Westbrook are all healthy. Which is really good while they are still trying to figure out how to play together.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

We might not know exactly what this team could be fully healthy….but I think we all know that it isn’t good enough to win a title.

Waiting to evaluate us until we’re fully healthy with a team full of old and injury prone players…..great idea! Smh
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
We might not know exactly what this team could be fully healthy….but I think we all know that it isn’t good enough to win a title.

Waiting to evaluate us until we’re fully healthy with a team full of old and injury prone players…..great idea! Smh

It does matter what move they make if Lebron/AD are not both healthy... But we need to stay afloat right now until AD returns. I'm not sure the roster we have right now can stay at .500 record.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

At least Jeanie didn’t pull out the “I have nothing to do with the basketball side of things”.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
At least Jeanie didn’t pull out the “I have nothing to do with the basketball side of things”.

She's saving that one for when Rob scapegoats Vogel.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Building around stars has always been the Lakers thing. I don't understand why Pelinka has changed out the roster the last two years. It seems like he's been on a crusade to swap out defense for offense, but the offense never gells.

And that is what is confusing and I could only pin point it to not having a true vision, outside of just having Bron, AD, let's get a 3rd star. We have a defensive coach, but he sticks him with players who are not known for defense. He gets rid of serviceable and sizable wings, replaces them with guards. He turns over the roster ever year, so he doesn't care about chemistry. Judging by this roster, he doesn't care about fit.... It's like he feels since we have AD and Bron, we are all good. I'm not sure if it is Bron or Rob or both, so I'm just applying what I'm saying to Rob, considering he is our GM. He said it's a Collab, he runs the moves he is about to make by Bron and AD, but he is ultimately the GM.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

This reminds me of "They still have not beaten our starting five."
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
This reminds me of "They still have not beaten our starting five."

Sadly true
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

They can say whatever they want. Excuses always follow that guy around. This is the most unlikable, unwatchable Lakers team I've seen in my 35+ years as a fan.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries

Halflife wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

the pillars are the problem.

bron is constantly injured and missing games and can only be legendary sometimes. It will never get better.

AD, always dinged, hasn't shown an ounce of being able to carry us...ever.

Pelinka needs to think long and hard if we can win a ring the next 2 years. If the answer is no then AD should be moved for a superstar and solid role guy.

Vogel at worst with long guys can make us elite defensively.

So you feel we got a ring and now we need another investment in star other than AD?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: We Don't Know What This Team Could Be Due To Injuries

Outspoken wrote:
Is that narrative we are going with?

Jeanie Buss said:

Quote:
Until we’re 100% healthy, I don’t think you can really make any judgment... I would say until we’re 100 percent healthy, I won’t make any judgments about anything.

Lebron James Said:

Quote:
We have no idea what this team could be. How can we really assess when we haven't been whole?

The team is poorly built, they are not going to beat the top teams. No knock on Jeanie or LBJ; but those comments are short sighted.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

What I know is we gambled big time. And to top it off, we let Cousins go.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

We know exactly what this team is: injury prone and tired.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: