HC in 22/23?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: HC in 22/23?

Who's the coach next season?

I think we can agree it likely wont be Frank.

• Are there any coaches who will be lame duck coaches next year that could be possible to get out of their deals?

• Cos if not, the options are super slim.

- Terry Stotts

- Mike D'Antoni

- Fred Vinson

- Alvin Gentry

I really hope we keep Handy no matter what. And I hope that whoever is the HC, that we go out and get a top notch shooting coach. My dream is having Vinson and Handy on the staff with a schemer HC.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

Why not Frank? Cause AD/Bron/RP made a crap roster where the parts don’t fit? I’m a huge fan of Frank. He almost had this team of jokers in the top 10 defensively. Not his fault in my humble opinion.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Why not Frank? Cause AD/Bron/RP made a crap roster where the parts don’t fit? I’m a huge fan of Frank. He almost had this team of jokers in the top 10 defensively. Not his fault in my humble opinion.

Frank is a good D coach. He was originally interviewed to be an asst with us and be the D coord.

Frank's problem is:
- he's very poor on offense

- he runs almost no schemes, actions on offense.

- hes very slow with adapting and making changes (see how long it took for DeAndre to get benched).

Frank a good dude. Did his job. But we need better.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: HC in 22/23?

iimarshon wrote:

• Are there any coaches who will be lame duck coaches next year that could be possible to get out of their deals?

- Terry Stotts

- Mike D'Antoni

- Fred Vinson

- Alvin Gentry

I really hope we keep Handy no matter what. And I hope that whoever is the HC, that we go out and get a top notch shooting coach. My dream is having Vinson and Handy on the staff with a schemer HC.

so remove a championship coach who when he has bodies is elite defensively for utter trash?
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

i think he might be assuming Frank is sick of being thrown under the bus and given sitting duck one year contracts.

i like frank though. but tell him... okay, YOU can pick your staff, but at least one cat BETTER be an offensive guru, because you ain't it.

not comparing frank to phil, but i don't think phil was some amazing X's and O's guy, but he had tex winter as his mentor.

kfkilla wrote:

Last edited by oaktown_dimond on Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

if it's up to Jeanie Buss, it'll be Phil Jackson.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Or jay mohr
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: HC in 22/23?

iimarshon wrote:

- Terry Stotts

- Mike D'Antoni

- Fred Vinson

- Alvin Gentry

You give up easier than I do. I prefer to see how this season turns out before I assume that Vogel will be replaced.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: HC in 22/23?

activeverb wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

- Terry Stotts

- Mike D'Antoni

- Fred Vinson

- Alvin Gentry

You give up easier than I do. I prefer to see how this season turns out before I assume that Vogel will be replaced.

if there is a better replacement, i am all for it, but certainly not the 4 names listed in the OP. if we are rebuilding, i'd try Rondo
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

Vogel is not a bad coach. When our defense sucked for years, we all hailed him as a savior. His hands are tied with the "stars" Bron and RP want to bring here.

His rotations are sketchy, but that is why J Kidd and Hollins were a big influence on Vogel and the players. Top assistants are needed for top teams ex: Suns, Warriors, Nets, Heat, there has to be a voice outside of the HC.

RW experiment is not gonna end well, and we need to get rid of him this offseason and get a defensive minded 1st PG.

Our roster is older and we haven't had 1 game where our team is all fully healthy. Yes we have some nice role players who I would want to see back next season because they provide value when on the floor.

RW is not the solution to our PG problems. He is very athletic, very talented but plays reckless and has never been the type of floor general who can take you to a title.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Those coaches are all garbage

Antonio leads the pack of suck
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Not mention of The Eastern Conference Championship head coach Jeff Van Gundy. Or Klutch klient Mark Jackson?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

How about the guy that has gotten two teams to contend, with elite defense and one of the teams was not even close to being a championship level team, while the second team won the championship despite being mostly picked as a 4th or 5th seed at the start of the season by ESPN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

What top notch coach would want to jump into this dumpster fire? There is a strong chance that the team will slide into the lottery in the next couple years even if Norman Dale is coaching. If we get any interest from the better candidates, it will be someone who is in it for the money.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Hiring MDA or Stotts NOW as lead assistant would be smart

Who knows but there will be a big name coach that departs his team sooner or later. Hopefully Jeanie will be ready to pounce.

Perhaps Nick Nurse as Toronto enters this rebuild
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject:

I am still for Frank. Of course he has his flaws but in general he is good coach. The Lakers FO/LeGM gave him this roster and he is obviously struggling to coach terrible defensive players. Not sure how much is his blame. And also tons of injuries didn't helped too. I would not rush and fire him. There is no real reason for that. It can be only a thing where you want to change something but this is not solution. Its on Lebron to wake up his buddies to play basketball.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject:

Y'all sure it's the coach?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I am still for Frank. Of course he has his flaws but in general he is good coach. The Lakers FO/LeGM gave him this roster and he is obviously struggling to coach terrible defensive players. Not sure how much is his blame. And also tons of injuries didn't helped too. I would not rush and fire him. There is no real reason for that. It can be only a thing where you want to change something but this is not solution. Its on Lebron to wake up his buddies to play basketball.

The interesting thing is, I don't think he is struggling to coach them defensively. They're a top 10 defensive team. With all the injuries and all that, plus not the best defensive motor guys. At one point, we were top 5 in defense for a 4 week stretch.

To me, it's the offense where Frank will need to explain himself. The offense is scoring a lot of points. It has a high pace. But in the end the effectiveness of it is quite low. Some will say it's coaching. Others will say it's players. Which is it? I don't know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject:

Rambis, that’s the extent of Jeanie’s world. I don’t blame the past couple of seasons on Frank, that all falls on Pelinka, he should get fired for Christmas. But Frank is an average coach, keeping or losing him likely doesn’t make many waves. The FO was correct in favoring Monty and Lue over him but failed to execute. If the trend of personnel moves continues, it won’t matter who the coach is.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

The interesting thing is, I don't think he is struggling to coach them defensively. They're a top 10 defensive team. With all the injuries and all that, plus not the best defensive motor guys. At one point, we were top 5 in defense for a 4 week stretch.

To me, it's the offense where Frank will need to explain himself. The offense is scoring a lot of points. It has a high pace. But in the end the effectiveness of it is quite low. Some will say it's coaching. Others will say it's players. Which is it? I don't know.

Yep, this.

We literally hardly ever rub any plays or actions on offense. Thats what i dont understand.

Why we dont just run constant PnR's with 2 of Bron/RussAD is weird
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rambis, that’s the extent of Jeanie’s world. I don’t blame the past couple of seasons on Frank, that all falls on Pelinka, he should get fired for Christmas. But Frank is an average coach, keeping or losing him likely doesn’t make many waves. The FO was correct in favoring Monty and Lue over him but failed to execute. If the trend of personnel moves continues, it won’t matter who the coach is.

it'll be either Rambis or Phil Jackson if Klutch and LeBron packed it up and leave town and leave Jeanie making all the decisions.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Why would I want the most successful coach in NBA history?

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Why would I want the most successful coach in NBA history?

his posse wouldn't work with the team posse.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

If the marriage is still Klutch (could still be even without Lebron. It would be AD’s team)…I would expect Fizdale, Kidd or someone else hand picked by KlutchAD.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
If the marriage is still Klutch (could still be even without Lebron. It would be AD’s team)…I would expect Fizdale, Kidd or someone else hand picked by KlutchAD.

Fizdale says he's been stealing a lot from Monty Williams playbook. Someone doing a bad impression of Monty is probably the best we could hope for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: