Can someone provide hope for the future?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It’s all up how Klutch/Lakers handle this marriage.

Klutch/LeGM has already been divorced 3 times…including twice to the same partner.

We will find out if they work to save the marriage or if history repeats itself. Although this time LeGM doesn’t seem to be the young, attractive bachelor that he once was. Not as many suitors imo…knowing that it would be at most a 1-2 year marriage and leave that partner in shambles like the rest. It might not be worth it but this time around lol.

any team looking to get Lebron will have to give us a lot of assets. he has no leverage at all to force a trade because he has no opt out and will be 39 when the deal is up.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

Mitch Kupchak better do something!!!!
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

THT, DJ, PICKS for JERAMI GRANT. Lakers full strength after ASB.

PG: WB
SG: Monk
SF: Bron
PF: Grant
C: AD

Bench: Nunn, Ellington, Melo, Ariza, Dwight.

Everyone else besides that 10 man rotation, can come in ONLY for garbage time.

Here's some hope. Finish 6th seed and face Jazz first round.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

Some might not want to read my post because I, by nature, am a optimist. I have watched the team since the early 70's. Looking back, one of the main reasons we're going to struggle after the current team runs its' course, is the consequences of our own success.

Many of the rules today are the result of our franchise having the most trophies since the Showtime days. Teams sought ways to neutralize our ability to acquire elite talent. Consider these events:

1.Kareem, lucky coin flip of Magic,

2. Having the No.1 pick Worthy, the season after winning the trophy,

3. Acquiring the No,4 of Byron Scott for a nice but replaceable Norm Nixon

4. Having the balls -thanks to Jerry West- to trade an NBA starting center in Divac for a rookie out of high school, and having done so at the same time

5. Acquiring a beast in Shaq

6. Acquired the perfect complement for Kobe in Gasol (a transaction that rattled the NBA, because nobody saw it coming, especially Popovich from what I recall

7. Chris Paul- I remember seeing this headline: "Chris Paul a Laker". Transaction was done. NBA teams hated it. They foresaw Kobe & CP3 making sweet NBA music together. Complained to the league. Transaction negated for "basketball reasons". The reasons were the Lakers got him. No other reason(s) needed.

My point? You want optimism? Bank on the history of a franchise that will always, some f'n way, connect some dots to continue our rich, but envied history. We'll find a way after the funds are at their highest because LeBron, Russ, and whomever are gone and off the books.

There's no blueprint yet because too many variables are undetermined. Let the pessimists have their time when it comes. And it will surely come. But it has come before, and pass, as it has before.

Watch!

Lakers for life!!!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:

the trade doesn't work without the salary of Nunn
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

This team isn't going anywhere. They are what their record says which is a .500 team.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

This is what we deserve. I mentioned this years ago when we signed Lebron and gave up the future.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
This is what we deserve. I mentioned this years ago when we signed Lebron and gave up the future.

a championship and goes back to being the most popular team in the world? i think jeanie is happy, so should our fans. our so called "Future" is not even good enough to contend now if you somehow assemble them together.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Klutch/LeGM has already been divorced 3 times…including twice to the same partner. .

Metaphor is a little off.

Superstar free agents don't marry teams. They agree to shack up for a short period.

If they like how things are going, they stick around a little longer. If they don't, they just hit the road when the contract ends -- no need for a divorce.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

You can never give up the future. It doesn't really exist. It's just a guess or projection.

And often it's a wrong guess. As the old saying goes, "If you want to make God laugh, just tell him your plans."

So I don't torture myself with thoughts of "what might have been." Inevitably, that just means you are selecting a particular alternative reality while rejecting many other alternative realities that may have been just as likely.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Hope for the future?

Russ wont play here much longer that alone is a huge W

Hopefully we'll drop Rob and hire someone competent with a vision on how to build a roster.

We won a chip. Im ready for a rebuild if it happens. We somehow always find a way to get diamonds in the rough. Just need someone who can notice value and Rob isn't it.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

You can never give up the future. It doesn't really exist. It's just a guess or projection.

And often it's a wrong guess. As the old saying goes, "If you want to make God laugh, just tell him your plans."

So I don't torture myself with thoughts of "what might have been." Inevitably, that just means you are selecting a particular alternative reality while rejecting many other alternative realities that may have been just as likely.

Perhaps the deepest thing I've ever read on LG.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Some might not want to read my post because I, by nature, am a optimist. I have watched the team since the early 70's. Looking back, one of the main reasons we're going to struggle after the current team runs its' course, is the consequences of our own success.

Many of the rules today are the result of our franchise having the most trophies since the Showtime days. Teams sought ways to neutralize our ability to acquire elite talent. Consider these events:

4. Having the balls -thanks to Jerry West- to trade an NBA starting center in Divac for a rookie out of high school, and having done so at the same time

6. Acquired the perfect complement for Kobe in Gasol (a transaction that rattled the NBA, because nobody saw it coming, especially Popovich from what I recall

7. Chris Paul- I remember seeing this headline: "Chris Paul a Laker". Transaction was done. NBA teams hated it. They foresaw Kobe & CP3 making sweet NBA music together. Complained to the league. Transaction negated for "basketball reasons". The reasons were the Lakers got him. No other reason(s) needed.

My point? You want optimism? Bank on the history of a franchise that will always, some f'n way, connect some dots to continue our rich, but envied history. We'll find a way after the funds are at their highest because LeBron, Russ, and whomever are gone and off the books.

There's no blueprint yet because too many variables are undetermined. Let the pessimists have their time when it comes. And it will surely come. But it has come before, and pass, as it has before.

Watch!

Lakers for life!!!!!

None of what you posted happened with Jeanie Buss in charge. That is the reason for pessimism, Dr. Buss is gone and his failed children are now in charge.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Watch!

Lakers for life!!!!!

None of what you posted happened with Jeanie Buss in charge. That is the reason for pessimism, Dr. Buss is gone and his failed children are now in charge.

also none of those happened in modern NBA where star players control where they want to land.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

There is also a philosopher who famously said "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it"

Just because you won the lotto doesn't mean buying lotto tickets is the key to success.

This false equivalence of saying that because we won it was definitely the best path isn't true.

You can win sometimes when maybe you shouldn't have won.

I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy that win... I'm not saying the win wasn't legitimate.

I'm saying it's possible to win even when you don't make the best moves and you should try to avoid making similar moves in the future.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone provide hope for the future?

windycitycane wrote:
This has been, thus far, one of the worst years since 2013 for Laker basketball.

No one is happy, we blew up a championship team who won only 14 months ago.

What do you think next year and beyond looks like? Who is here, who is gone, what do our draft picks look like?

Is there hope we aren’t insignificant for years to come?

Go Lakers!

Yes. At some point, in the future, this team will be contender material again...

Whether during our collective lifetimes is a different discussion
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

You did not know Active was a consultant for the Avenger films? Where do you think the whole multi-verse thing came from...

(I kid, I kid).
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

the hope is we are always there. maybe a drought but ultimately we manage to get back and win a ring. since the dawn of man.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

Jerry could. Maybe if Jeanie sold the team and the new owner made him an offer he can't refuse, then maybe he might help bring the Lakers back to the glory days. I have to admit. Jerry would have a hard time building a competitive Lakers team given how depleted our pool of assets are. We're in for some tough times ahead.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Klutch/LeGM has already been divorced 3 times…including twice to the same partner. .

Metaphor is a little off.

Superstar free agents don't marry teams. They agree to shack up for a short period.

If they like how things are going, they stick around a little longer. If they don't, they just hit the road when the contract ends -- no need for a divorce.

Can’t help yourself, can you? My metaphor was damn clear lol.

You want to so badly get back at me that you try and play a semantics game. The contract is the marriage/shacking up or whatever you want to call it.

Stay obsessed or maybe next time you can use your other LG name.

Personally, I just recommend you don’t engage with me…how’s that for semantics? Engage, get it? Ha.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

"HOPES FOR THE FUTURE?"

Not this season,

Seems like when Lebron is hurt, AD & WestBk are not enough,

And when LeBron is healthy, AD is injured,

And even when they are ALL healthy, anyone and everyone can score on them,

The Lakers have got to be the joke of the NBA considering what their Big 3 are getting paid...

The supposed Super Team is Super Disappointing...!
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
krisobe wrote:

the trade doesn't work without the salary of Nunn

THT, NUNN, REAVES, 2027 1st for GRANT.

RONDO primary point guard off bench when WB sits.

STARTERS: WB, MONK, BRON, GRANT, AD
BENCH: RONDO, ELLINGTON, MELO, ARIZA, DWIGHT

Out of rotation players: BAZE, DJ, BRADLEY.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject:

The year 2020 we have won 42/lost 17 of all the games we played and won the championship that year.

The year 2021 we have won 58/lost 48 of all the games we played so far with 5 more games left this year. (SA. Nets, Griz, Rockets, Blazers)

Hoping the year 2022 is a much better year and end with an excellent finish.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

A huge # of NBA players grew up as Lakers fans and even if the Lakers were 0-82 in a season, they’d at least consider going there via free agency or trade.

Most teams have zero shot of getting a superstar that way. The Lakers always have a seat at the table.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I don't see another title in the Lebron era. After Lebron? How does Pelinka attract another super duper star? He has proven that he's not a strong talent evaluator and that it's more important he gives the perception that whatever superstar he lands is the one making roster decisions. What player is going to want that pressure?

Most stars are going to want to go to strong organizations who are as talented in their vision as that player is on the court, someone who will know how to optimize their strengths. The Lakers don't do that. They'll get the biggest name money can buy, but after that? Best supporting cast? Best coach? Best front office? No, no, and no.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: