*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (12/17/21 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm#30 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
TMG wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
TMG wrote:
TDRock wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Please dont ever play IT again unless it's a blowout.

At least he has potential (unlike half our guys).

And he literally just got off the plane today. I thought he brought great energy and effort unlike a goodly chunk of our team tonight.

I dont ever want to see that guy play meaningful minutes again. Dude is a chucker we've got plenty of those.

Better to chuck and actually make the shots.

And what happens when he inevitably starts clanking? Where is his impact going to come from? We've got plenty of those on this team. The last thing we need is another one who's incapable of playing defense. We've got plenty of those as well.

Like seriously wtf is this team? IT should have no business playing meaningful minutes.

Who else should’ve played?

With Bradley, reaves, monk, THT, nunn, and Ariza out?

Calm Tf down haha. He played cause we literally don’t have enough bodies.

Dude i am calm lol. I actually won money on us losing lol thats the kind of faith i had going into this game

Just saying in future games. I get we didn't have bodies this game. But i dont want him playing meaninful minutes. He isn't going to contribute unless he's hitting shots at a good efficency. He's lost major steps he cant break down defenses anymore with his penetration. Liability on defense and defenders will sag of off him due to his height and loss of step.

You seriously don’t know what you’re looking at

Alright dude hope im wrong. Would like to hear how im wrong about IT being a liability on defense and him losing his explosiveness.

Where to start? Look past his height for two seconds and recognize that he was making defensive plays tonight which means he was giving effort he also knows how to alter his game with stars on the floor and wasn’t demanding the ball there were several times where LeBron took the shot himself when he should have dished it off to IT Because he was open for the mid range jumper and there were two guys on LeBron blocking his shot his scoring efficiency is ridiculous his points per minute very good and he missed what one free-throw while getting to the line several times? Shall we start there?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
https://twitter.com/3cbperformance/status/1472076345848975363?s=21
Just to show the slow reaction of AD, he was facing the play, and normal people would just back up or lift the leg when they see that guy fallling on the ground

That play happens quite a bit in games. It just goes to show how fragile day to Davis is in addition to his extra slow reactions this season.

We probably got lucky

the guy accelerated LeBrons shove and flew into AD.. there wasn't hesitation.. that wasn't a normal fall towards him.. the guy that got pushed launched himself further not knowing AD was right there.. you see his reaction when he crashed into AD.. "LeBron shouldn't have pushed me..."

Even I hate on AD but you two are on a whole nother level..

Lots of people that have decided to make AD their scapegoat have ridiculous takes.

Lots of people still uses so called “stats” to say he is playing well, which he clearly wasn’t. The only reason he put up the numbers while looking this bad is how talented this guy is. I am not on the Trade AD train nor the “should’ve kept our youth” camp, but let’s not kid ourselves to say he is playing well to his standards. We will need an dominant AD to even have a chance at winning the chip.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:54 am    Post subject:

Just watched the game... Man they came out that game flat. All their shots was short front rim misses.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Just watched the game... Man they came out that game flat. All their shots was short front rim misses.

The effort and desire was just not there all night. Lakers played listless, lackadaisical, uninspired basketball.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
      Los Angeles Lakers vs Chicago Bulls
      United Center, Chicago, IL | Sunday, Dec. 19, 2021 • 9:00 PM PT

FYI:
DeMar DeRozan, Coby White, J. Green cleared as Bulls await reinforcements

The Bulls will look to get healthy (as possible) heading into Sunday's matchup with the L.A. Lakers.
https://www.nba.com/bulls/features/coby-white-javonte-green-cleared-bulls-await-reinforcements
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
TMG wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
TMG wrote:
TDRock wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Please dont ever play IT again unless it's a blowout.

At least he has potential (unlike half our guys).

And he literally just got off the plane today. I thought he brought great energy and effort unlike a goodly chunk of our team tonight.

I dont ever want to see that guy play meaningful minutes again. Dude is a chucker we've got plenty of those.

Better to chuck and actually make the shots.

And what happens when he inevitably starts clanking? Where is his impact going to come from? We've got plenty of those on this team. The last thing we need is another one who's incapable of playing defense. We've got plenty of those as well.

Like seriously wtf is this team? IT should have no business playing meaningful minutes.

Who else should’ve played?

With Bradley, reaves, monk, THT, nunn, and Ariza out?

Calm Tf down haha. He played cause we literally don’t have enough bodies.

Dude i am calm lol. I actually won money on us losing lol thats the kind of faith i had going into this game

Just saying in future games. I get we didn't have bodies this game. But i dont want him playing meaninful minutes. He isn't going to contribute unless he's hitting shots at a good efficency. He's lost major steps he cant break down defenses anymore with his penetration. Liability on defense and defenders will sag of off him due to his height and loss of step.

You seriously don’t know what you’re looking at

Alright dude hope im wrong. Would like to hear how im wrong about IT being a liability on defense and him losing his explosiveness.

Where to start? Look past his height for two seconds and recognize that he was making defensive plays tonight which means he was giving effort he also knows how to alter his game with stars on the floor and wasn’t demanding the ball there were several times where LeBron took the shot himself when he should have dished it off to IT Because he was open for the mid range jumper and there were two guys on LeBron blocking his shot his scoring efficiency is ridiculous his points per minute very good and he missed what one free-throw while getting to the line several times? Shall we start there?

Alright dude. Give it a couple of games lets she how it turns out.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

The effort and desire was just not there all night. Lakers played listless, lackadaisical, uninspired basketball.

The question 30 games in is WHY???

LBJ was looking pedestrian, games like this he shoulda dominated no one could match up with him, he stopped himself!
AD, well people criticize him but his two injuries tonight were legit & if it were us probably woulda broke our ankle or suffered hypertension or worse to knee.
The so called big 3, Russ looked like he was keeping them in it first half.
The others were God awful!!!
Bottom line is your right effort has been missing all year, like they don’t give a (bleep). LBJ’s body language says quit or I don’t have it anymore to carry a team, AD seems like he smokes a joint before the game & Russ is out of control most of the time missing chippies!!!
HC: Riley
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
jodeke wrote:
20 points is not a safe lead in the NBA....

This assumes it’s a good 3 point shooting team trying to make up the deficit. Not the brick happy Lakers.

I stopped watching right after I posted that. Rewatched Bad Boys II. I said I'd evaluated this team after 20 games. Evaluation, 1st round exit. The tipping point was the signing of Isaiah Thomas. It signaled, throwing in the towel. With the return of Kyrie I'm looking for a Golden State - Brooklyn finals.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Was travelling so missed it. Glad I did. Same stuff with this group, same story. Shrug.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Was travelling so missed it. Glad I did. Same stuff with this group, same story. Shrug.

The moment we cut the lead to 3 point, baze had a 3 half way in and out, and then pat bev made a (bleep) running hook or something, then ad went down, and the avalanche came. It was understandable the team was shaking up a bit after Ad went down, but that doesn’t excuse lebron from being lazy all game, never bothered to box out and not looking to attack.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Welp McTen's sauce last night was incorrect this time, although this could be worse...

Per McTen

An MRI revealed a MCL sprain for Anthony Davis, the Lakers announced. He will be reevaluated in approximately four weeks, the team says.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1472344661545320448?s=21
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:35 am    Post subject:

When it rains, it pours....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38
Jump to: