Lakers health and safety protocols updates (Add Vogel to the list)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
This is a little crazy to me

Per Woj

The NBA and NBPA have reached an agreement on additional replacement players for teams, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472782338669129730?s=21

Per Holmes a couple of days ago

NEWS: In an effort to hopefully avoid game disruptions, the NBA and NBPA are discussing a plan that would require teams decimated by COVID to sign additional replacement players. ESPN story with @wojespn:

https://twitter.com/baxter/status/1472018942319161344?s=21

Per Shams

Sources: NBA teams will now be required to sign one replacement player when they have two positive tests on the roster. For three positive tests, two replacement signings are required. For four positive results or more, three hardship signings required.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1472783711523459073?s=21

Lakers have 6 players out. They can sign 6 replacement players.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

And now there's no limit on 2way players

Another key note in NBA's roster rule changes for flexibility amid pandemic:

Two-way players -- who previously had 50-game max -- now have no limit on the number of games they can appear in, sources said.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1472787809924747264?s=21
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I like it. There is no perfect solution that will prevent Covid from disrupting the season. It's better to get the games played than to shut it down. A shut down isn't going to make Covid go away.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I like it. There is no perfect solution that will prevent Covid from disrupting the season. It's better to get the games played than to shut it down. A shut down isn't going to make Covid go away.

Unless you start losing games because you have way too many key pieces out...

Where do they draw the line? More than 8 players out to postpone? So if you have 5-6 players, you're stuck with a crappy line-up.

Like having to sign more replacement players help... "Oh KD and Giannis have to go in to protocol. It's all good we can sign someone to replace them."

It's a clown show right now...
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Where do they draw the line? More than 8 players out to postpone? So if you have 5-6 players, you're stuck with a crappy line-up.

Like having to sign more replacement players help... "Oh KD and Giannis have to go in to protocol. It's all good we can sign someone to replace them."

I think I take a clown show instead of no show...
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Tell that to the people who paid good money for their tickets. I think many would choose a refund over sitting through a G-league matchup. Would the league proactively offer ticket refunds? I'm not counting on it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Forget COVID. Sports in general were trending too much toward being Part-time athletes.

I don’t think some of these younger athletes coming up and making it realize how load managing, etc. is not good for the economics of these sports. It’s like sabotaging themselves before the next CBA renewal.

Eventually the public is going to get sick of players sitting out on non-injuries, which will lead to less ticket revenue, less concessions at the arena and most importantly less ratings which means major TV deals both National and regional will take a hit.

Dangerous game to play tbh. It’s also not like the past, there is a ton of programming now on tv, streaming services…and that’s just dealing with people who actually are tuning in to watch something.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

NHL to pause season Wednesday, resume as scheduled after Christmas break, amid COVID-19 cases

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32913690/nhl-pause-season-wednesday-resume-scheduled-christmas-break-amid-covid-19-outbreaks-sources-say
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
NHL to pause season Wednesday, resume as scheduled after Christmas break, amid COVID-19 cases

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32913690/nhl-pause-season-wednesday-resume-scheduled-christmas-break-amid-covid-19-outbreaks-sources-say

NBA and NFL should follow suit...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

mos def
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

mos def

I don’t think they will or want to cancel the Xmas day games, it was reserved for them, and quite frankly we could use a win against mighty patty mills and the nets
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

mos def

I don’t think they will or want to cancel the Xmas day games, it was reserved for them, and quite frankly we could use a win against mighty patty mills and the nets

Most likely KD/Harden/Kyrie comes out of protocol for that game...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

mos def

Harden has a chance, but pretty sure KD and Kylie won’t.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

mos def

Kyrie only have to keep testing negative for 5 days... He's been in protocol since Saturday. KD depends if he tested positive or not.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Kyrie only have to keep testing negative for 5 days... He's been in protocol since Saturday. KD depends if he tested positive or not.

Kyrie can't play in LA or SF due to our indoor vaccine mandate for those cities.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Just curious... Maybe just a kids question, but why does it matter if a super athletic person has covid when everyone they're around is Vaccinated

Agreed, and it's even more perplexing when you consider there are very few vaccine holdouts among the players.

Also, if we pause the season, many players will come into contact with far more people who are following fewer protocols in a far less controlled environment. They aren't just going to stay at home.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

They are also unlikely to participate in the Olympics as well.....considering the zero covid situation in China doesn't make sense for them.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Dwight and THT out of protocol. Reaves flying back to LA (i'm not sure if that means he's out of protocol or what that's not exactly what they said)

See Le injury thread because I'm too lazy to retype http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=191647&start=475
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Tell that to the people who paid good money for their tickets. I think many would choose a refund over sitting through a G-league matchup. Would the league proactively offer ticket refunds? I'm not counting on it.

Pay for tickets and you get what you pay for. The league is trying to continue the season and if you are worried about guys being out, don’t buy tickets.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

mos def

They lost enough money last season and with the abundance of vaccines available, don’t expect to see games canceled. I doubt that the NHL would postpone games if they didn’t have so many Canadian teams.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Kyrie can't play in LA or SF due to our indoor vaccine mandate for those cities.

Doesn’t LA’s mandate exempt visiting players?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

It's comical at this point, and fans have every reason to be pissed. I don't know what's crazier- putting double-vaxxed, soon to be tripled-vaxxed (LOL), asymptomatic players who can clearly play in protocol OR replacing these players with g-league talent, while tanking the team's record. I'm a fan of the development league, so I guess it's a good time to look for g-league gems like Caruso. This (bleep)'s like plugging in randomly generated 2k players. They really need to let this go or the NBA will continue to decline. If I were a season ticket holder, I'd be pissed knowing that my team is healthy, but can't play due to some antiquated and unscientific protocol.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Dwight and THT are back
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

mos def

https://twitter.com/NetsDaily/status/1472266127707451394
he most likely had a positive test which makes his return longer than others. he has to return 5 negative tests in oppose to 2
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Doesn’t LA’s mandate exempt visiting players?

yes they do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: