Lakers health and safety protocols updates (Add Vogel to the list)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
Are they testing every body daily vaccinated/unvaccinated? At this point, if they want to finish the season, they should be testing symptomatic only. Can’t have these many players in protocol and not think it has spread thru out the whole league.

They are now. I posted any injuries thread I can't remember the exact dates now but they plan to maintain this increased testing through like mid-January.

I work in photography/production and it's crazy to me that they haven't been testing this whole time. I get tested before every single job because they don't want us around the talent - who can't wear masks - and risk infecting them. NBA has some pretty high level talent that need to be protected in order to do their job. So bizarre.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Now two games slated for today have been postponed. What a mess. I'm going to brunch. Hope there's a game this evening.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472617255578087431?s=21

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472619788002381836?s=21
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Trevor Lane @Trevor_Lane ·

So Lakers currently down due to health and safety protocols and injury:

Anthony Davis
Trevor Ariza?
Kendrick Nunn
Kent Bazemore
THT
Avery Bradley
Dwight Howard
Malik Monk
Austin Reaves
Frank Voge
l
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Now two games slated for today have been postponed. What a mess. I'm going to brunch. Hope there's a game this evening.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472617255578087431?s=21

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472619788002381836?s=21

I’d hope they postpone any games that will be a clear L for us, including the suns game, lol
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Trevor Lane @Trevor_Lane ·

So Lakers currently down due to health and safety protocols and injury:

Anthony Davis
Trevor Ariza?
Kendrick Nunn
Kent Bazemore
THT
Avery Bradley
Dwight Howard
Malik Monk
Austin Reaves
Frank Voge
l

NUNN is out, but it doesn’t make any difference
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

That's 9 players out on a 15 man roster. And 1 Coach.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

I doubt the league will go back to the bubble, but I could see them suspending all games for a 2 week period or something like given the increasing number of players that are getting infected. Would give AD some time more time to recover!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

And a couple announcers still, right? (EDIT - BilllyMac will be back, so just 1 announcer.)

Ridiculous that they are even continuing.

Last edited by DancingBarry on Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

60% of the roster man. I thought the vaccines only have a 5% breakthrough rate? I am not anti vaxx and i had my booster. But not gonna lie, if the league is 97% vaccinated and nearly 1/4 is infected in less than a month, something is very wrong with this picture.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

Just curious... Maybe just a kids question, but why does it matter if a super athletic person has covid when everyone they're around is Vaccinated

Are double and triple vaccinated testing positive for omicron?

Don't all arenas require all attendees to be vaccinated?

I don't like any other sports except the random UFC fights..bah .
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

Playing these games in these circumstances is plain weird.
Ugh.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Shouldn’t have (bleep) around when the NBA gave the Lakers an easy schedule to start the season.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
I doubt the league will go back to the bubble, but I could see them suspending all games for a 2 week period or something like given the increasing number of players that are getting infected. Would give AD some time more time to recover!

I could see this after the Xmas day showcase, but tbh ok 2 week break. What happens when the outbreaks happen again in late January or February…shutdown again?

I know leagues will be called greedy for continuing to march on, but shutting down isn’t going to change the fact that Covid and its variants are here to stay. The vaccine is doing its job with all the asymptomatic cases and mild symptoms, both in sports and in society in general.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
bluehill wrote:

I could see this after the Xmas day showcase, but tbh ok 2 week break. What happens when the outbreaks happen again in late January or February…shutdown again?

I know leagues will be called greedy for continuing to march on, but shutting down isn’t going to change the fact that Covid and its variants are here to stay. The vaccine is doing its job with all the asymptomatic cases and mild symptoms, both in sports and in society in general.

I could see this being an issue since pretty much sports that play thru the winter will be affected.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

Yeah, there is a similar debate going on with the EPL. The situation in England is a mess. I'm of the view that we need to just play through it as best we can. It's not like a 2 week break is going to make the virus go away.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bluehill wrote:

I could see this being an issue since pretty much sports that play thru the winter will be affected.

I see it being an issue too. But somehow I think it might be the right thing to do
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
bluehill wrote:

It's a good point. I've seen some reports that the cases in South Africa spiked quickly but have also declined quickly, which could be an indication that we'll see the same thing here. The UK is on the upswing in cases so we can see whether it burns out as quickly there as it is doing in SA. If it does, a short break could work here to get past the worst of it and allow teams to at least field a team.

As for future outbreaks, I think you just have to wait and see how bad they are and how much impact it's having on teams.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:

That would be a tough decision, last time they shut down the fans didn’t return. It could cost them and their sponsors tens of millions of dollars. As long as the cases are recoverable, and it seems that most players return with no side effects, altering rosters isn’t the worst thing to deal with. Maybe a hand full of replacement players will show out and make a roster.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

The thing is with all these players out, I am not sure how interesting the games are too watch. Like the Xmas day Lakers nets game. Not sure if any Durant or harden and if you are missing these keys stars, less people watch and the NBA isn’t going to be making a lot of money anyways.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

NBA COVID-19 tracker:
A running list of the NBA players in the league's health and safety protocols

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-covid-19-tracker-three-lakers-four-knicks-in-protocols-kings-fear-outbreak-postponement-per-report/
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

So how many players out to postpone a game? Surprise our game has not yet been postponed.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Time for Andrew Bynum’s NBA comeback?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
bluehill wrote:

It's a good point. I've seen some reports that the cases in South Africa spiked quickly but have also declined quickly, which could be an indication that we'll see the same thing here. The UK is on the upswing in cases so we can see whether it burns out as quickly there as it is doing in SA. If it does, a short break could work here to get past the worst of it and allow teams to at least field a team.

As for future outbreaks, I think you just have to wait and see how bad they are and how much impact it's having on teams.

Its nearing summertime in South Africa, so much different weather conditions. Being that its winter in the northern hemisphere, its ripe for the spread of the virus since people spend more time indoors as well as our immune systems are weakened during the wintertime.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

This is a little crazy to me

Per Woj

The NBA and NBPA have reached an agreement on additional replacement players for teams, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472782338669129730?s=21

Per Holmes a couple of days ago

NEWS: In an effort to hopefully avoid game disruptions, the NBA and NBPA are discussing a plan that would require teams decimated by COVID to sign additional replacement players. ESPN story with @wojespn:

https://twitter.com/baxter/status/1472018942319161344?s=21

Per Shams

Sources: NBA teams will now be required to sign one replacement player when they have two positive tests on the roster. For three positive tests, two replacement signings are required. For four positive results or more, three hardship signings required.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1472783711523459073?s=21
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: